India can be the best team in the world, and produce the best players, if football was as famous as cricket.

+26
rsinatra
Wilson37
Eivindo
BiasedMilanFan3
AnJl
Catracho
El Chelsea Fuerte
wigglesworth
BeautifulGame
Lord Hades
Super_Floren
free_cat
Ganso
The Madrid One
cheesy
barca 2011
Harmonica
TalkingReckless
B-Mac
kiranr
Art Morte
M99
Lord Spencer
justdoit_
S
Josefaltafino
30 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

India can be the best team in the world, and produce the best players, if football was as famous as cricket. - Page 2 Empty Re: India can be the best team in the world, and produce the best players, if football was as famous as cricket.

Post by cheesy Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:08 pm

What are they talking about? They already have one of the strongest national teams around. The likes of Italy and Spain can only look on and think, what if we were as good as India?

cheesy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

India can be the best team in the world, and produce the best players, if football was as famous as cricket. - Page 2 Empty Re: India can be the best team in the world, and produce the best players, if football was as famous as cricket.

Post by The Madrid One Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:23 pm

op got banned? FINALLY
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:29 pm

Josefaltafino wrote:but none of these things existed in brazil...all these brazilian legends pele, ronaldo, garrincha, ronaldinho adriano rivaldo etc. all played in the streets....it was not like in europe...these guys played with shitty balls and had no money to even buy a couple of boots, yet they became some of the game's best ever.

so no i don't think it's all about the structure and the state of the country itself because last i checked brazil is still a 3rd world country, the same as india.
they were poor,but they had a good infrastructure.Other than the old Peles and Garrinchas,Ronaldinho and R9 started with futsal and then went to big clubs like Gremio,Cruzeiro,Santos etc. where they had all of the resources they needed
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:41 pm

Not now, because India is not enough rich yet, and doesn't have the required facilities, health and nutrition required to produce the very best athletes. They win at cricket because there are only a few nations that play it and they are 10 times smaller, but they would have a hard time to get to Germany, Brazil's or Italy's level, even when football is the top sport in India (which as far as I know, it's starting to be the main sport).
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:50 pm

Why was this guy banned????????

He was respectful, didn't troll, didn't insult anyone. I think it's very unfair.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Super_Floren Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:53 pm

Hello, free_cat Very Happy
Super_Floren
Super_Floren
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:56 pm

did he get banned for overly long titles....
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:39 am

Josefaltafino wrote:but none of these things existed in brazil...all these brazilian legends pele, ronaldo, garrincha, ronaldinho adriano rivaldo etc. all played in the streets....it was not like in europe...these guys played with shitty balls and had no money to even buy a couple of boots, yet they became some of the game's best ever.

so no i don't think it's all about the structure and the state of the country itself because last i checked brazil is still a 3rd world country, the same as india.

brazil and india are not third world countries..we dont ride on elephants or play with snakes duh.. second fastest growing economy and a lot of billionaires..problem is they dont sponsor football that much.plus we won the cricket world cup so the popularity of that game is sky high.. and football is one of the most popular games at grass root level.. problem is people play it in their school and occasionally till college but its never taken seriously i.e. doesnt have money in it.. but last heard fifa is investing a lot and thanks to epl etc football is becoming really popular.. the future of the game looks brighter now.. lets hope we get into the wc sometime soon
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:42 am

free_cat wrote:Not now, because India is not enough rich yet, and doesn't have the required facilities, health and nutrition required to produce the very best athletes. They win at cricket because there are only a few nations that play it and they are 10 times smaller, but they would have a hard time to get to Germany, Brazil's or Italy's level, even when football is the top sport in India (which as far as I know, it's starting to be the main sport).

it is nowhere near becoming the top spot believe me.. and if people really want to sponsor football we do have the funds for it.. plus most of the great footballers of south america were brought up on the streets from the lower income groups.. you dont have to feed those guys, just feed their talent.. the only thing lacking is proper coaching and infrastructure
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:50 am

free_cat wrote:Not now, because India is not enough rich yet, and doesn't have the required facilities, health and nutrition required to produce the very best athletes. They win at cricket because there are only a few nations that play it and they are 10 times smaller, but they would have a hard time to get to Germany, Brazil's or Italy's level, even when football is the top sport in India (which as far as I know, it's starting to be the main sport).

Football has no chance of being anywhere near the main sport in India anytime soon.They arent even the 2nd most popular sport in India that is Hockey(field).
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:05 am

Population has some effect on sports excellence, but it is not a major factor. The Netherlands has a small population, but consistently puts out strong teams. France, Italy and England have similar populations, but Italy has consistently won much more. Brazil has 3-4 times the population of Italy, but have only won one more World Cup. Uruguay has the population of Rome, Italy and has won 2 World Cups. One more than France that has 20 times the population of Uruguay.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:10 am

Football is not a popular sport here. I come to India practically every summer and have not seen anyone kick a ball...

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:17 am

english_jewel wrote:Football is not a popular sport here. I come to India practically every summer and have not seen anyone kick a ball...

Popularity is the biggest concern, you see even in Canada with all the resources they got, it's all about hockey. Same implies in the States with NFL... So in conclusion, what you said and what Wiggles said about Population is what has the potential in how good your squad can be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:56 am

too many hypothetical situations.... at the end of the day.. India is never going to be taken seriously in the world of futbol, atleast in our lifetimes...or my future grandsons lifetime.

Sad, but its reality.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:35 am

english_jewel wrote:Football is not a popular sport here. I come to India practically every summer and have not seen anyone kick a ball...

lol it is the 2nd most popular sport at grassroots level.. every child mustve played football.. which part do you go to?

considering you have some mighty strange ideas abou india like there is no traditional non veg food etc :coffee:
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:41 am

diptiman wrote:

lol it is the 2nd most popular sport at grassroots level.. every child mustve played football.. which part do you go to?

considering you have some mighty strange ideas abou india like there is no traditional non veg food etc :coffee:

TBF to him unless u are to west bengal or Kerala its hard to see kids playing football at grass root level regularly.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:28 am

Josefaltafino wrote:my point is these countries don't take it seriously...you don't need super fancy youth accademies, coaches etc. to produce world class talent...all there needs is INTEREST and Desire. India is the best in the world cricket, not because there is fancy youth accademies or that there are great coaches and good fa. but because there is an interest, and there is a desire for it. turn that to football and india would be on same level as brazil...

It's just a matter of where your interest lies, Brazilians sole interest lies in football, while Indians sole interest lies in cricket, that's why brazil is the best in football and india the best in cricket.

Not true exactly~
Unlike India, other sports are taken into account.

There is also volleyball ( where i think they have won world and olympic titles)

Argentina for example , while being a great footballing nation who produces talented footballers on a daily basis , are one of the best at basket ball .

Germany are pretty good at a variety of sports and it is a known fact that the likes of US , England ( UK ), Australia, China and Japan are bloody good at a no. of sports.

India on the other hand is just lazy when it comes to developing other sports. Parents just look at the money coming in from cricket , so they consider that the only sport worthy. Otherwise it is being an engineer or sitting in your dad's shop.

And (beautifulgame and I had a discussion about this ) this has ALOT to do with the media coverage that cricket gets as compared to other sports.

Do you know that Hockey was considered the main sport of India before cricket walked in? Now look where hockey is.

India barely makes a splash at the Olympics. Its quite pathetic really....
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:51 am

diptiman wrote:

Strange ideas? No son, I can only talk about what I see and if you're going to say that football is a popular sport here (in terms of playing) then I'm not too sure you're in India. Even if it is second most popular then that doesn't say much because cricket is light years ahead of any other grass root sport.

And to the second part there is no doubt that Western dishes have influenced traditional dishes, not a mighty strange idea. :coffee:

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:08 pm

I see what you mean about India

But the USA could become best in the world if they focused on football like they do in England, Spain and Italy
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:42 pm

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:I see what you mean about India

But the USA could become best in the world if they focused on football like they do in England, Spain and Italy

Why? Russia has a large population, it does well in the Summer Olympics, football is the national sport and they are not challenging Brazil or Italy or Germany in football.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:57 pm

english_jewel wrote:
diptiman wrote:

Strange ideas? No son, I can only talk about what I see and if you're going to say that football is a popular sport here (in terms of playing) then I'm not too sure you're in India. Even if it is second most popular then that doesn't say much because cricket is light years ahead of any other grass root sport.

And to the second part there is no doubt that Western dishes have influenced traditional dishes, not a mighty strange idea. :coffee:
oreigners Suspect

cricket is light years ahead - sure cool.. all i said that football is plenty popular at the grass root level.. put it this way there arent too many kids who when they become adults have at least played some football in their life.. and the country has a population of 1 billion.. even a small percent of them playing football makes it a popular sport in terms of numbers compared to other countries

sure they have.. but u said indian food is traditionally not non veg and its a western idea.. what do you think the indus valley people ate .. 2500 years ago there was no western civilisation.. meat and fish has been traditional depending on the region throughout ancient times..
but manoj kumar dvds.. youll learn a lot bounce
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:00 pm

diptiman wrote:
english_jewel wrote:
diptiman wrote:

oreigners Suspect

cricket is light years ahead - sure cool.. all i said that football is plenty popular at the grass root level.. put it this way there arent too many kids who when they become adults have at least played some football in their life.. and the country has a population of 1 billion.. even a small percent of them playing football makes it a popular sport in terms of numbers compared to other countries

sure they have.. but u said indian food is traditionally not non veg and its a western idea.. what do you think the indus valley people ate .. 2500 years ago there was no western civilisation.. meat and fish has been traditional depending on the region throughout ancient times..

lol at non-veg food being western idea Laughing .What was the discussion about.Any link to the thread? bounce
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:03 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
diptiman wrote:
english_jewel wrote:
diptiman wrote:

oreigners Suspect

lol at non-veg food being western idea Laughing .What was the discussion about.Any link to the thread? bounce

that blackburn venkys thread :coffee:
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:06 pm

I have put that quote officially in the quotes thread.. Laughing

Western dishes might have influenced traditional dishes to an extent..Infact put it this way,we have indianized many western dishes.. but to say that there are no traditional non-veg indian dishes is plain ignorant..

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:23 pm

diptiman wrote:
english_jewel wrote:
diptiman wrote:

oreigners Suspect

So in that sense basketball is a pretty popular sport too.

Not to mention the evident contradictions you have showed in these comments, right when you backed off from your original claim:

diptiman wrote:

diptiman wrote:

You're busy trying to degrade what I'm currently saying by making fun of something that has no relevance to what is being discussed. In return you aren't making any sense either.

Focusing on the subject being discussed is probably a better idea my friend. Just watch some basic debate DVDs. You'll learn a lot. bounce

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:21 pm

if you fancy cricket over football, there is no hope and you suck/end of thread.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next