India can be the best team in the world, and produce the best players, if football was as famous as cricket.

+26
rsinatra
Wilson37
Eivindo
BiasedMilanFan3
AnJl
Catracho
El Chelsea Fuerte
wigglesworth
BeautifulGame
Lord Hades
Super_Floren
free_cat
Ganso
The Madrid One
cheesy
barca 2011
Harmonica
TalkingReckless
B-Mac
kiranr
Art Morte
M99
Lord Spencer
justdoit_
S
Josefaltafino
30 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

India can be the best team in the world, and produce the best players, if football was as famous as cricket. Empty India can be the best team in the world, and produce the best players, if football was as famous as cricket.

Post by Josefaltafino Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:04 pm

Seriously....India should be the best team in the world, and have the best players in the world, and compete for the world cup and asian cup....just unfortunatly the kids overthere don't like football as much as cricket. I have lived in pakistan and i can tell u from my own experience that football is not played very often in the streets. why is no one trying to promote this game further? indian kids could become millionaires by playing in top european leagues, so much money that none can ever dream of in india...

I used to play cricket all the time when i was in living pakistan back in the day.

Josefaltafino
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

India can be the best team in the world, and produce the best players, if football was as famous as cricket. Empty Re: India can be the best team in the world, and produce the best players, if football was as famous as cricket.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:05 pm

I would say the same about the United States, look at their women's division...

Back to top Go down

India can be the best team in the world, and produce the best players, if football was as famous as cricket. Empty Re: India can be the best team in the world, and produce the best players, if football was as famous as cricket.

Post by S Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:06 pm

May i know where are you from exactly ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:06 pm

You could say that about any highly-developed nation in which football does not hold the crown as the most popular sport.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Josefaltafino Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:09 pm

i am from nepal, but i lived in with my dad pakistan for a while back when i was younger.

Josefaltafino
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:18 pm

But China has football as a very popular sport and still are not producing WC talent.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:23 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:But China has football as a very popular sport and still are not producing WC talent.

Agreed and in for example the Summer Olympics China dominates that... so...

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:26 pm

Quality>quantity.

Football is extremely popular in China, yet they are not exactly the best team in the world are they?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:28 pm

A couple of similar sort of threads were made regarding this issue..

So i would rather refrain from discussing again..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:31 pm

milanista99 wrote:Quality>quantity.

Football is extremely popular in China, yet they are not exactly the best team in the world are they?

Then again, it's all due to the organization and structure of the sport in the country. Every country has it way in running the sport, as in scouting, squads and recruitment. As it stands, China is fairly poor, and India is the exact same thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:32 pm

Yeah, you need quality in youth development, coaching, overall in how football is being organized in your country. You need to know and be able to refine that quantity into quality and that's where these countries like India and China fail.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:42 pm

Intent. It is very important. Nobody at the indian FA has that.

We had a good team in the 50s, but the FA never had any intent to develop football in the country and we fell behind other countries in a big way!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:43 pm

Canada could be the same...except we don't give a shite about anything but Hockey, hence why we are the best in the world at it
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:54 pm

Football is something that doesn't produce the $$ for someone in countries like pakistan or india.....unlike cricket..... people in the IPL(indian criket t20) can earn a few millions for playing a month of cricket...

unless someone decides to spend alot fo $$(which i might say some have started) football in sub continent will get nowhere

whereas in China football isn't that popular....Basketball is way more popular then Football...you see alot of people playing Basketball there...... blame Yao Ming for that
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:55 pm

B-Mac MUFC wrote:Canada could be the same...except we don't give a shite about anything but Hockey, hence why we are the best in the world at it

Yet they have all the resources, the organizations in Canada are poor. Many leagues not under observation, most end at U18 there with hardly any scouts. Basically it's not taken seriously.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:58 pm

China has about one billion mighty midgets ready-made.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:58 pm

sciacca wrote:I would say the same about the United States, look at their women's division...

until football isn't considered a women's support by the media and people....it won't grow much in US.....whenever i think US and football...i think mini vans....Soccer Moms..
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:09 pm

imalegend wrote:
sciacca wrote:I would say the same about the United States, look at their women's division...

until football isn't considered a women's support by the media and people....it won't grow much in US.....whenever i think US and football...i think mini vans....Soccer Moms..

Yes I understand that, All I'm trying to say is that if they got that talent with the Womens division, imagine if they did the same with the mans? But no, they are mostly serious on American Football, and not our football. So..

Back to top Go down

Post by Josefaltafino Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:12 pm

but none of these things existed in brazil...all these brazilian legends pele, ronaldo, garrincha, ronaldinho adriano rivaldo etc. all played in the streets....it was not like in europe...these guys played with shitty balls and had no money to even buy a couple of boots, yet they became some of the game's best ever.

so no i don't think it's all about the structure and the state of the country itself because last i checked brazil is still a 3rd world country, the same as india.

Josefaltafino
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:16 pm

sciacca wrote:
B-Mac MUFC wrote:Canada could be the same...except we don't give a shite about anything but Hockey, hence why we are the best in the world at it

Yet they have all the resources, the organizations in Canada are poor. Many leagues not under observation, most end at U18 there with hardly any scouts. Basically it's not taken seriously.

ya im aware....because we only care about Hockey, the CSA (are FA) gets no funding, hence why we play so little friendlies....same with basketball

Hockey Canada tho is a multi million dollar business, everyone wears there gear and all tournaments U-16 to U-21 get Nationally televised on are largest sports network, and the kids airfare and hotels are all payed and taken care of by them...i know this because i played at that level when i was younger
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Josefaltafino Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:18 pm

my point is these countries don't take it seriously...you don't need super fancy youth accademies, coaches etc. to produce world class talent...all there needs is INTEREST and Desire. India is the best in the world cricket, not because there is fancy youth accademies or that there are great coaches and good fa. but because there is an interest, and there is a desire for it. turn that to football and india would be on same level as brazil...

It's just a matter of where your interest lies, Brazilians sole interest lies in football, while Indians sole interest lies in cricket, that's why brazil is the best in football and india the best in cricket.

Josefaltafino
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:20 pm

Josefaltafino wrote:but none of these things existed in brazil...all these brazilian legends pele, ronaldo, garrincha, ronaldinho adriano rivaldo etc. all played in the streets....it was not like in europe...these guys played with shitty balls and had no money to even buy a couple of boots, yet they became some of the game's best ever.

so no i don't think it's all about the structure and the state of the country itself because last i checked brazil is still a 3rd world country, the same as india.
Disagree with u there mate, Brazil is NOT a third world country. Plus there is no comparison in how the people of Brazil support football, and how the people of India do. No comparison.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:22 pm

Josefaltafino wrote:but none of these things existed in brazil...all these brazilian legends pele, ronaldo, garrincha, ronaldinho adriano rivaldo etc. all played in the streets....it was not like in europe...these guys played with shitty balls and had no money to even buy a couple of boots, yet they became some of the game's best ever.

but if your good and you go to the big leagues in Brazil you get noticed and make $$$.... while in india and Pakistan....even the big leagues don't much...probably around 100-200$ per month i guess......and there are no such things are scouts over there.... it's more you randomly get noticed or you know someone high up
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:23 pm

B-Mac MUFC wrote:
sciacca wrote:

ya im aware....because we only care about Hockey, the CSA (are FA) gets no funding, hence why we play so little friendlies....same with basketball

Hockey Canada tho is a multi million dollar business, everyone wears there gear and all tournaments U-16 to U-21 get Nationally televised on are largest sports network, and the kids airfare and hotels are all payed and taken care of by them...i know this because i played at that level when i was younger

Exactly, the lack of structure in the sports organization, basically what I said in my first post. And that is what is Canada's problems as they do have the right population, the right resources for the sport, but its not taken seriously, so you can't expect good things from it.

Back to top Go down

Post by cheesy Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:08 pm

What are they talking about? They already have one of the strongest national teams around. The likes of Italy and Spain can only look on and think, what if we were as good as India?

cheesy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next