India can be the best team in the world, and produce the best players, if football was as famous as cricket.

+26
rsinatra
Wilson37
Eivindo
BiasedMilanFan3
AnJl
Catracho
El Chelsea Fuerte
wigglesworth
BeautifulGame
Lord Hades
Super_Floren
free_cat
Ganso
The Madrid One
cheesy
barca 2011
Harmonica
TalkingReckless
B-Mac
kiranr
Art Morte
M99
Lord Spencer
justdoit_
S
Josefaltafino
30 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

India can be the best team in the world, and produce the best players, if football was as famous as cricket. - Page 4 Empty Re: India can be the best team in the world, and produce the best players, if football was as famous as cricket.

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:21 pm

diptiman wrote:
due why do bcci generate their own money.. because of the attitude of the people towards cricket.. they loove it.. and since we won the wc it is even more popular..ipl too was on of the reasons.. so bcci will b more powerful as a result.. in contrast who cares about the other sports eh? and since its the people who generate the money , if there are not enough viewers there wont be much money and lead to demotivation and failure

and of course corruption Sad

Even when Hockey was the most popular sport in the country in 70's and we were debt ridden as a country Cricket still had good domestic structure in place with Ranji trophy and produced quality players.So why cant football or Hockey cant do the same now that too with far better resources? If there is no one interested in any other sport apart from cricket then how does India generate 50% of revenue for world hockey and PL and CL TV rights are sold for excellent prices?

Yes compared with Cricket the interest in other sports is negligible but they have more than enough resources in both money and interest level among people to produce decent players and teams.I am not saying they should produce world class teams but they havent even put half decent infrastructure in place.

The truth the only competent sport body in India is BCCI they maybe corrupt but at the same time have done a lot to develop cricket in the country.If the other Boards have shown even 1% of their competence we would have decent football and Hockey teams.What has these boards ever done to popularise the football and Hockey in the country apart from blaming cricket.

Its always blamed as cricket's popularity as fault for the state of football and hockey in the country but the truth these are excuses to hide the incompetence of these boards.

Aslong as we have these incompetent hockey and football boards we will never have quality teams regardless of how popular cricket is.Cricket is just an excuse not the real reason for the state of other sports in India.

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

India can be the best team in the world, and produce the best players, if football was as famous as cricket. - Page 4 Empty Re: India can be the best team in the world, and produce the best players, if football was as famous as cricket.

Post by rsinatra Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:41 pm

You have to give countries like China time for them to grow, and by time I mean decades. Or maybe not that long.

Look at USA, they had a go at it during the 70's, failed, and then picked up again sometime in the 90's I think, and with the correct investment I'd say they're doing alright.

I think that being the best footballing country in the world is too much ambition. First you have to get noticed, and start qualifying for the WC.

And this thing about Brazilians playing on the streets is stereotypes, it's not like that anymore. Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Neymar, etc, they didn't start on the streets.... they played futsal.

Anyway, whatever happens, who cares? India's got awesome music, Ravi Shankar is the man!!!
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:43 pm

It's all about the quality of the youth academies and facilities. Population is just a minor factor...
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:08 pm

guess who beat india in the SAFF u-16 final Smile
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:11 pm

imalegend wrote:guess who beat india in the SAFF u-16 final Smile

That's not a big achievement. :coffee:

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:14 pm

english_jewel wrote:

better then nothing Smile............

indian football is miles better then pakistan.
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:17 pm

imalegend wrote:
english_jewel wrote:

Let's just stick to cricket. Laughing

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:18 pm

Guess who are the current SAFF champions at senior level :coffee:
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:20 pm

english_jewel wrote:
imalegend wrote:
english_jewel wrote:

India will dropping soon in cricket.... already getting their ass handed to them by england..... won't to be long your middle order retires.... Dravid, Laxman ,Tendulkar
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:22 pm

imalegend wrote:
english_jewel wrote:

Actually its almost amazing that both Srilanka and Bangladesh have better teams than Pakistan.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:52 pm

imalegend wrote:
english_jewel wrote:
imalegend wrote:
english_jewel wrote:

India will dropping soon in cricket.... already getting their ass handed to them by england..... won't to be long your middle order retires.... Dravid, Laxman ,Tendulkar

Dont worry Pakistan have Ijaz Butt will make sure Pakistan cricket will be an associate nation by the time we drop down.

And just as a reminder we won the world cup not so long ago.Didnt we?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:12 pm

Imalegend please stop bringing cricket into the topic..

Last edited by Surag.Blueguy on Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:14 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:Imalegend please stop bringing cricket into the topic..

Even I can make derogatory attacks on the how pathetic the state of affairs in pakistan are with respect to cricket but i wont choose to..

Just light banter...

Jeez why do you Seria A fans take everything so seriously? Very Happy

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:16 pm

english_jewel wrote:

Even I can make derogatory attacks on the how pathetic the state of affairs in pakistan are with respect to cricket but i wont choose to..

Just light banter...

Jeez why do you Seria A fans take everything so seriously? Very Happy

I wasnt being serious too.Perhaps would have been nice to generate a light-hearted argument though.. Laughing

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:27 pm

geezz....calm down man.....

TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:28 pm

imalegend wrote:

geezz....calm down man.....

I am calm dude..Not sure you would be the same if i made statements which you would show distaste for.. Laughing

Lets not derail the thread shall we Very Happy This thread is about india.. Very Happy

Last edited by Surag.Blueguy on Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:32 pm

imalegend wrote:
english_jewel wrote:
imalegend wrote:
english_jewel wrote:

good luck with actually ever beating us in a world cup match Razz
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:37 pm

and i never said finances as a whole are an issue.. india has the 6th or 7th largest gdp.. what i am saying is that there isnt that much money CURRENTLY in other sports and i dont think you can really disagree with that.. i mean my father is the municipal commissioner of ahmedabad ,so he was saying that in his office a guy who wad a national level badminton player is now sweeping floors!! and cricket ha a lot to do with this.. there is a lot of money true but how much is diverted to other sports.

not much.. why did mahendra united shut down.. why is our football infrastructure so poor... but having said that it has a bright future..investors are finally investing in india
and btw we were one of the best football teams in asia till 1985 or so .. then when we won the cricket wc the rest is history Rolling Eyes
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:48 pm

diptiman wrote:and i never said finances as a whole are an issue.. india has the 6th or 7th largest gdp.. what i am saying is that there isnt that much money CURRENTLY in other sports and i dont think you can really disagree with that.. i mean my father is the municipal commissioner of ahmedabad ,so he was saying that in his office a guy who wad a national level badminton player is now sweeping floors!! and cricket ha a lot to do with this.. there is a lot of money true but how much is diverted to other sports.

not much.. why did mahendra united shut down.. why is our football infrastructure so poor... but having said that it has a bright future..investors are finally investing in india
and btw we were one of the best football teams in asia till 1985 or so .. then when we won the cricket wc the rest is history Rolling Eyes

Because our Football federation never bothered to develop the sport in the country.Even now its the private sectors and FIFA trying to to develop the sport whereas our board doesnt give a shite.Same with Hockey they cant even decide on which federation would represent hockey in India.How pathetic is that seriously?

As i earlier said we have enough resources to generate money to develop infrastructure in other sports to a decent level.Despite Hockey being by far the most popular sport in 70's we had good infrastructure in place in cricket during those times.Thats what ultimately led to the 1983 world cup win and resulted in this popularity.BCCI had a decent planning then which other boards dont have now which is the major issue not Cricket.

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:05 pm

diptiman wrote:and i never said finances as a whole are an issue.. india has the 6th or 7th largest gdp.. what i am saying is that there isnt that much money CURRENTLY in other sports and i dont think you can really disagree with that.. i mean my father is the municipal commissioner of ahmedabad ,so he was saying that in his office a guy who wad a national level badminton player is now sweeping floors!! and cricket ha a lot to do with this.. there is a lot of money true but how much is diverted to other sports.

In comparision to BCCI there is no doubt..

But how do you think these sporting federations are going to generate revenue ?Its perfomance related..With great perfomances comes sponsors plus attracting fans hence a bright future in the sport..
And its the job of the government to allocate funds to improve sporting infratstructure..

And corporate companies come forward only if there is a secure future for themselves ...Not many are prepared to take risks you know..

Individual boards running out of money or lack of rather has got nothing to do with this..

Saina Nehwal who was an unknown quantity years ago has become a well-known world class badminton player due to her perfomances..

Once she won an international tournament all of a sudden you saw sponsors and lucrative endorsements being handed out to her..

Not much to explain why mahindra united and jct shut down...

Lack of intent shown by the boards,no future in the sport atm in the country,I-league losing tv rights was a big blow too..
Plus mahindra united chief actually wanted to focus on development of basketball you know..i read this somewhere..

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:08 am

This thread makes no sense, not even the initial post.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:02 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:This thread makes no sense, not even the initial post.

Better not comment on it then..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by juberish Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:46 pm

Football isn't THAT popular in China.... Chinese parents are similar to Indian ones in that they emphasize academics over athletics.
juberish
juberish
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:41 pm

juberish wrote:Football isn't THAT popular in China.... Chinese parents are similar to Indian ones in that they emphasize academics over athletics.

yup......

Basketball is more popular because due to Yao Ming, Yi Jianlian...etc....people have a small hope they could play day too.....

my School in Beijing was one of the best in Sports in China........and we used to get more Chinese Schools asking our school to play basketball aganist there school then Football and many of them were really good.....even a student from our school got into NBA a few years ago for the Bucks
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Funny, one of the shortest people in the world obsessing with Basketball.

Just like the phillipines.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:01 pm

free_cat wrote:Funny, one of the shortest people in the world obsessing with Basketball.

Just like the phillipines.

An average height of 5 feet 7 inches doesnt make them one of the shortest people in the world..

Wonder where you get your information from.. Very Happy
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next