JuvenelCuore
Sushi Master
ErPupone
Giovanni10
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who is better?

Aquilani vs Montolivo? - Page 2 Vote_lcap39%Aquilani vs Montolivo? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 39% 
[ 12 ]
Aquilani vs Montolivo? - Page 2 Vote_lcap61%Aquilani vs Montolivo? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 61% 
[ 19 ]

Total Votes : 31

Aquilani vs Montolivo? - Page 2 Empty Re: Aquilani vs Montolivo?

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug - 2:34:42

Once again, that had to do with his injuries, if he wasn't injury prone, you wouldn't even claim that.

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Wed 10 Aug - 2:41:25

Seeing as injuries have everything to do with Aquilani's inconsistencies. Rolling Eyes

Aquilani has shown he can play incredibly but it rarely ever shows. Throw Montolivo in a squad where the pressure isn't all on him to run the midfield he'll outperform Aquilani any day.
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug - 2:44:17

IzzyC08 wrote:Seeing as injuries have everything to do with Aquilani's inconsistencies. Rolling Eyes

Aquilani has shown he can play incredibly but it rarely ever shows. Throw Montolivo in a squad where the pressure isn't all on him to run the midfield he'll outperform Aquilani any day.

Yeah, I would like you to say the same thing if Aquilani was back in his early Roma days, I would beg to differ .

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Wed 10 Aug - 2:45:58

Well unfortunately Sciacca we aren't talking about Aquilani in his Roma days.
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug - 2:48:32

IzzyC08 wrote:Well unfortunately Sciacca we aren't talking about Aquilani in his Roma days.

Exactly and due to his injuries, he is not the same, that is the whole point, if it weren't for his injuries, he'd be better than Aquilani

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Wed 10 Aug - 2:51:24

IzzyC08 wrote:
checazzofai wrote:
sciacca wrote:
checazzofai wrote:Aquilani and I wouldnt think twice. Any skill you can think of Aquilani does it better. I rate them about even in terms of playmaking and the mental side of the game. The only thing Montolivo has over Aquilani is that he hasnt been injured as much. But ill take the talent and the ability to change games anyday.

I agree, but with Aquilani being injury prone it just ruined his career for a bit, hate to say it but blame Roma's medics. Anyways, if he wasn't injury prone as I said in the past, Aquilani for sure. I still prefer Aquilani over Montolivo though, but reality is... right now Montolivo is better.

I dont agree that Montolivo is better right now. he was just more consistent last year, but I think thats because he was in a more comfortable situation with Fiorentina. For the game with Spain id rather see Aquilani(even tho both will probably get a chance). Yes Montolivo is an elegant player with good playmaking skills but like Doc said if you growl at him he backs down. Im still not convinced he can be a star at a club like Milan or Inter. Hopefully for the National teams sake Im wrong but I just dont see why people want him so bad.

Montolivo in a more comfortable situation at Fiorentina????

He is the captain and focal point of the squad, he had to deal with a new coach and they lost Jovetic. While Juve possesed better players to assist Aquilani and still Montolivo had a better season. I prefer the way Montolivo plays as well. You guys say Montolivo may fold in big games, but Aquilani doesn't even have to face a big team to crumble.

So being the captain and focal point of a mid table club that you have been with for 6 years is not comfortable? are you kidding me. thats the definition of comfortable. Aquilani on the other hand was in his first year with Juventus. And Aquilani did not play the entire year so your point about Montolivo being better last year is irrelevant, thats like saying Abbiati is better than Buffon, he was better last year right?. Also this notion that you should shine more with better players around you is completely false. Its MUCH easier to shine when your in a smaller club. When Pirlo retires from International football it will be De Rossi Aquilani in a Roman midfield while Montolivo gets them gatorade :coffee:
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Wed 10 Aug - 2:53:03

Aquilani hasnt lost anything since he was in Rome, he just hasnt gotten a fair chance yet even tho hes had moments of brilliance for Liverpool and Juve. once he gets consistent time he will prove the haters wrong.
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug - 2:55:13

checazzofai wrote:Aquilani hasnt lost anything since he was in Rome, he just hasnt gotten a fair chance yet even tho hes had moments of brilliance for Liverpool and Juve. once he gets consistent time he will prove the haters wrong.

False, he did have fair chances... many of them in fact.

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Wed 10 Aug - 2:56:26

checazzofai wrote:
IzzyC08 wrote:
checazzofai wrote:
sciacca wrote:
checazzofai wrote:Aquilani and I wouldnt think twice. Any skill you can think of Aquilani does it better. I rate them about even in terms of playmaking and the mental side of the game. The only thing Montolivo has over Aquilani is that he hasnt been injured as much. But ill take the talent and the ability to change games anyday.

I agree, but with Aquilani being injury prone it just ruined his career for a bit, hate to say it but blame Roma's medics. Anyways, if he wasn't injury prone as I said in the past, Aquilani for sure. I still prefer Aquilani over Montolivo though, but reality is... right now Montolivo is better.

I dont agree that Montolivo is better right now. he was just more consistent last year, but I think thats because he was in a more comfortable situation with Fiorentina. For the game with Spain id rather see Aquilani(even tho both will probably get a chance). Yes Montolivo is an elegant player with good playmaking skills but like Doc said if you growl at him he backs down. Im still not convinced he can be a star at a club like Milan or Inter. Hopefully for the National teams sake Im wrong but I just dont see why people want him so bad.

He is the captain and focal point of the squad, he had to deal with a new coach and they lost Jovetic. While Juve possesed better players to assist Aquilani and still Montolivo had a better season. I prefer the way Montolivo plays as well. You guys say Montolivo may fold in big games, but Aquilani doesn't even have to face a big team to crumble.

So being the captain and focal point of a mid table club that you have been with for 6 years is not comfortable? are you kidding me. thats the definition of comfortable. Aquilani on the other hand was in his first year with Juventus. And Aquilani did not play the entire year so your point about Montolivo being better last year is irrelevant, thats like saying Abbiati is better than Buffon, he was better last year right?. Also this notion that you should shine more with better players around you is completely false. Its MUCH easier to shine when your in a smaller club. When Pirlo retires from International football it will be De Rossi Aquilani in a Roman midfield while Montolivo gets them gatorade :coffee:

Montolivo getting them gatorade Laughing Keep dreaming. Abbiati was better than Buffon last year much better. This isn't who's been the better player for their whole career it's who is the better player right now. Montolivo for sure, and I like how you don't acknowledge my other points about a new coach and losing specific players to injury. De Rossi may not even play if he continues playing the way he has lately as well. So I'll wait for this Roman midfield you talk about leading the national team, but for now Laughing !!!!!!!!!!
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Wed 10 Aug - 2:57:44

sciacca wrote:
checazzofai wrote:Aquilani hasnt lost anything since he was in Rome, he just hasnt gotten a fair chance yet even tho hes had moments of brilliance for Liverpool and Juve. once he gets consistent time he will prove the haters wrong.

A fair chance would have been if Juve had purchased him and let him play again this year. He had the same kind of "fair shot" that Diego had at Juve. which isnt much of one.
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug - 2:58:02

For once Izzy is right, though he still can't understand that if he wasn't injury prone, then he'd beg to differ.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug - 2:58:58

checazzofai wrote:
sciacca wrote:

A fair chance would have been if Juve had purchased him and let him play again this year. He had the same kind of "fair shot" that Diego had at Juve. which isnt much of one.

He played all season... only missed one game, that already is a fair shot, but for his buy out clause being 16m, no way in hell. I'd rather spend 10m on Andrea Poli instead.

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Wed 10 Aug - 3:04:50

IzzyC08 wrote:
checazzofai wrote:
IzzyC08 wrote:
checazzofai wrote:
sciacca wrote:

Montolivo getting them gatorade Laughing Keep dreaming. Abbiati was better than Buffon last year much better. This isn't who's been the better player for their whole career it's who is the better player right now. Montolivo for sure, and I like how you don't acknowledge my other points about a new coach and losing specific players to injury. De Rossi may not even play if he continues playing the way he has lately as well. So I'll wait for this Roman midfield you talk about leading the national team, but for now Laughing !!!!!!!!!!

Any points like Montolivo had a new coach and he lost players are nice but Aquilani had to deal with all the same things last year...Del Neri was in charge ffs... PLUS it was his first year at the club, which is not enough time especially in a club that changes as much as Juve. De Rossi will be playing for Italy til he retires so not sure what your talking about with that one. The people who say hes been shit for 2 years dont watch Roma. Hes easily Italys best option in his position. anyways theres no way to solve this, agree to disagree and time will tell who is better.

Aquilani ftw :coffee:
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Wed 10 Aug - 3:06:41

sciacca wrote:
checazzofai wrote:
sciacca wrote:

He played all season... only missed one game, that already is a fair shot, but for his buy out clause being 16m, no way in hell. I'd rather spend 10m on Andrea Poli instead.

Im pretty sure he missed more than 1 game, also Juventus was in shambles last year, no one looked too good in that team....

And I dont understand why people say Montolivo is the better player already, what has he done?...if were being honest neither one of them has done f+ck all in their careers yet. And by the way Aquilani has scored more goals for the National team even tho hes had far less matches...im not sure about assist stats
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug - 3:20:26

Uh no, he missed only one game due to a muscle strain that's all. How do I know? Well I'm a Juventino, no surprise.

It has nothing to do with what they have done, it's what they are able to do right now, and Montolivo could do more and has done more in the process. As for Assists on the national team, Montolivo has more.

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Wed 10 Aug - 3:24:38

How can you say Montolivo can do more now? what is that based on? the season hasnt even began.

I just checked Wiki it says Aquilani made 33 appearances for Juve, which means he missed more than 1 game, but I admit thats more than I thought he played..I dont think he even played that many games in a season for Roma...
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug - 3:37:57

checazzofai wrote:How can you say Montolivo can do more now? what is that based on? the season hasnt even began.

I just checked Wiki it says Aquilani made 33 appearances for Juve, which means he missed more than 1 game, but I admit thats more than I thought he played..I dont think he even played that many games in a season for Roma...

It's based on the last three seasons. In which Aquilani has not done more compared to Monotlivo plain and simple. Put it this way, Montolivo is already Fiorentina's captain, wore once the captain band for the national team. Has played more with them, has played in the World Cup, rather than Aquilani. Has more assists than him. Everything he has done, is surpassed to what Aquilani has done, but ONLY DUE TO AQUILANI BEING INJURY PRONE. The whole idea is, if Aquilani was not Injured almost all the time, then every would be diverse and Aquilani would be the better player.

As for the appearences, your depending on Wikipedia, find a better source, I can get some of the other Juventini to confirm it, maybe he missed a few more, but not many. I might forget some suspensions within double yellow cards, but that's highly normal, but Aquilani has had one small injury in which he missed one game for. Thats all.

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Wed 10 Aug - 3:42:00

sciacca wrote:
checazzofai wrote:How can you say Montolivo can do more now? what is that based on? the season hasnt even began.

It's based on the last three seasons. In which Aquilani has not done more compared to Monotlivo plain and simple. Put it this way, Montolivo is already Fiorentina's captain, wore once the captain band for the national team. Has played more with them, has played in the World Cup, rather than Aquilani. Has more assists than him. Everything he has done, is surpassed to what Aquilani has done, but ONLY DUE TO AQUILANI BEING INJURY PRONE. The whole idea is, if Aquilani was not Injured almost all the time, then every would be diverse and Aquilani would be the better player.

Ya but the question is not who was better for the last 3 years its who is better right now, and at this moment Aquilani is not injured and has been playing for Liverpool, quite well actually. this is what Liverpools new owner has said after watching preseason "One missing link last year: Aquilani"

Montolivo has done well...in a mid table club where hes won nothing. Like I said before, neither one of them has done much in their careers yet.
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug - 4:02:11

Right now is once again Montolivo... Aquilani had a poor season with Juventus.

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu 11 Aug - 3:30:07

Both scored last night :coffee:
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug - 3:33:36

The Fonz wrote:Both scored last night :coffee:

Montolivo's goal was World Class, Aquilani's not to much :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu 11 Aug - 3:59:05

Aquilani's goal won the match though... :coffee:
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug - 4:03:43

The Fonz wrote:Aquilani's goal won the match though... :coffee:

Danggg :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu 11 Aug - 5:10:19

K so that settles it... tie lol
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu 11 Aug - 5:42:04

Depends on what day it is with those two
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug - 6:13:20

bhends wrote:Depends on what day it is with those two

Did you see Aquilani with Liverpool their last game, OMG he was amazing !

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next