Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who is better?

Aquilani vs Montolivo? Vote_lcap39%Aquilani vs Montolivo? Vote_rcap 39% 
[ 12 ]
Aquilani vs Montolivo? Vote_lcap61%Aquilani vs Montolivo? Vote_rcap 61% 
[ 19 ]

Total Votes : 31

Aquilani vs Montolivo? Empty Aquilani vs Montolivo?

Post by Giovanni10 Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:43 pm

Extending from the Milan section, we are discussing who is a better player. These two players are caught in a rumour-mill between Fiorentina and Milan at present.. with a host of different possible transfer permutations.

But simply, who is better? tough call...
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Aquilani vs Montolivo? Empty Re: Aquilani vs Montolivo?

Post by Giovanni10 Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:44 pm

My vote was simple. Both great midfielders but Montolivo will be a more consistent performer and is less injury prone.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:08 pm

Giovanni10 wrote:My vote was simple. Both great midfielders but Montolivo will be a more consistent performer and is less injury prone.

That's probably the determining factor when choosing which one to buy out of the two. I think when they are both on their game, Aquilani is better. However, Montolivo is much more consistent, especially because Aquilani is super injury prone, only Owen Hargreaves is more fragile.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:12 pm

Montolivo is a year younger and is also regularly being called up to the NT, another plus.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:19 pm

Montolivo also has a better passing touch I believe. I think in the world last year he had one of the best efficiencies, maybe top ten if I recall correctly.

But with Aquilani, he has been plagued with injury at Roma, and he just came back at Juventus with full health and a consistent season, so considering that, he will only get better as he is getting back into the swing of things.

I will judge next season, but for now, probably Montolivo for consistency and passing.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:46 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Montolivo is a year younger and is also regularly being called up to the NT, another plus.

Well, Aquilani would have a regular spot with the national team, but once again, injuries...

@JNC, I haven't looked into their passing efficiencies, but Aquilani does have very good passing. I'm not going to start posting videos because it pisses me off when people try to prove their point like that, but his 'rabona' against Milan and his amazing performance against Real Madrid in 2008 immediately come to mind. There's really not much to choose between them and it'll probably be right, as you said, to wait a season before deciding on which is better.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:53 pm

Oh I am aware Aquilani is immensely creative and what not, but I am just saying Montolivo edges him out slightly, but injuries have plagued him, and Aquilani was in a new environment with Juventus whereas Montolivo is very familiar with Fiorentina so naturally a chemistry exists there.

Next season will be the decisive factor, unless Aquilani remains at Anfield.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:58 pm

Montolivo for reasons already posted above also I don't think Aquilani had a good season last year. He is so inconsistent and that is why I wouldn't want him at Milan over Montolivo.
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:34 pm

IzzyC08 wrote:Montolivo for reasons already posted above also I don't think Aquilani had a good season last year. He is so inconsistent and that is why I wouldn't want him at Milan over Montolivo.

He did not have a good season ? He came off from injury, to a new team, and played a ton of games injury-free.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:30 pm

Monotlivo gets my vote, if Aquilani wasn't so injury prone we wouldn't even have this discussion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:42 pm

Everyone rates Aquilani's shot so highly, and he does have a cannon, but everyone seems to forget that Montolivo has a cannon for a leg as well. Montolivo is and will continue to be more consistant, Aquilani is a genius, but can't stay away from injuries. For me Montolivo is more dynamic since he can play that defensive mid role as a tough tackler or as that creative force in the mid, Aquilani is limited to be the creator.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:48 pm

Milantildeath wrote:Everyone rates Aquilani's shot so highly, and he does have a cannon, but everyone seems to forget that Montolivo has a cannon for a leg as well. Montolivo is and will continue to be more consistant, Aquilani is a genius, but can't stay away from injuries. For me Montolivo is more dynamic since he can play that defensive mid role as a tough tackler or as that creative force in the mid, Aquilani is limited to be the creator.
LMAO ,,

The problem with monty is sometimes he blasts shots nonstop miles over the bar. However like against new zealand he sometimes does have a good shot as well.

I like aqua better and think he will be better but it 's monty for now.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:33 pm

Montolivo. Elaborated in the Milan section.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:33 pm

Monto winning 10-0 wow.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:52 pm

Milantildeath wrote:Everyone rates Aquilani's shot so highly, and he does have a cannon, but everyone seems to forget that Montolivo has a cannon for a leg as well. Montolivo is and will continue to be more consistant, Aquilani is a genius, but can't stay away from injuries. For me Montolivo is more dynamic since he can play that defensive mid role as a tough tackler or as that creative force in the mid, Aquilani is limited to be the creator.

It's funny how you don't realize Montolivo is someone who loves wasting chances, but then again I've already told you this in the past, and now Zarola, confirms it.

Back to top Go down

Post by RedAndWhiteArmy Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:56 pm

Montolivo
RedAndWhiteArmy
RedAndWhiteArmy
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:06 am

Yes, that Monto fellow. Leave Aquilani at Liverpool. Thanks.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:10 am

Aquilani has more quality than montolivo in terms of passing,shooting and creativity..

But montolivo is the better all-round player..I mean defensively he is way better than aquilani in terms of tackling and positioning..
Although sometimes i feel montolivo is very indecisive..

At the moment its montolivo although my preference would be aquilani provided he's injury free..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:22 am

Aquilani and I wouldnt think twice. Any skill you can think of Aquilani does it better. I rate them about even in terms of playmaking and the mental side of the game. The only thing Montolivo has over Aquilani is that he hasnt been injured as much. But ill take the talent and the ability to change games anyday.
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:14 am

checazzofai wrote:Aquilani and I wouldnt think twice. Any skill you can think of Aquilani does it better. I rate them about even in terms of playmaking and the mental side of the game. The only thing Montolivo has over Aquilani is that he hasnt been injured as much. But ill take the talent and the ability to change games anyday.

I agree, but with Aquilani being injury prone it just ruined his career for a bit, hate to say it but blame Roma's medics. Anyways, if he wasn't injury prone as I said in the past, Aquilani for sure. I still prefer Aquilani over Montolivo though, but reality is... right now Montolivo is better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:37 pm

Seriously, if Aquaman had more consistency and less injuries, this seriously would not have been much of a contest. Montolivo is an great talent and he indeed get my vote, but the man has a yellow belly thing going on man. Something about the big matches gets to him and a big club need guys who aren't "afraid" of a challenge.

As Carlo put, the man plays like he is afraid of his own shadow...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:08 pm

Doc wrote:Seriously, if Aquaman had more consistency and less injuries, this seriously would not have been much of a contest. Montolivo is an great talent and he indeed get my vote, but the man has a yellow belly thing going on man. Something about the big matches gets to him and a big club need guys who aren't "afraid" of a challenge.

As Carlo put, the man plays like he is afraid of his own shadow...

Exactly what I said... :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:03 am

sciacca wrote:
checazzofai wrote:Aquilani and I wouldnt think twice. Any skill you can think of Aquilani does it better. I rate them about even in terms of playmaking and the mental side of the game. The only thing Montolivo has over Aquilani is that he hasnt been injured as much. But ill take the talent and the ability to change games anyday.

I agree, but with Aquilani being injury prone it just ruined his career for a bit, hate to say it but blame Roma's medics. Anyways, if he wasn't injury prone as I said in the past, Aquilani for sure. I still prefer Aquilani over Montolivo though, but reality is... right now Montolivo is better.

I dont agree that Montolivo is better right now. he was just more consistent last year, but I think thats because he was in a more comfortable situation with Fiorentina. For the game with Spain id rather see Aquilani(even tho both will probably get a chance). Yes Montolivo is an elegant player with good playmaking skills but like Doc said if you growl at him he backs down. Im still not convinced he can be a star at a club like Milan or Inter. Hopefully for the National teams sake Im wrong but I just dont see why people want him so bad.
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:30 am

checazzofai wrote:
sciacca wrote:

I dont agree that Montolivo is better right now. he was just more consistent last year, but I think thats because he was in a more comfortable situation with Fiorentina. For the game with Spain id rather see Aquilani(even tho both will probably get a chance). Yes Montolivo is an elegant player with good playmaking skills but like Doc said if you growl at him he backs down. Im still not convinced he can be a star at a club like Milan or Inter. Hopefully for the National teams sake Im wrong but I just dont see why people want him so bad.

Montolivo in a more comfortable situation at Fiorentina????

He is the captain and focal point of the squad, he had to deal with a new coach and they lost Jovetic. While Juve possesed better players to assist Aquilani and still Montolivo had a better season. I prefer the way Montolivo plays as well. You guys say Montolivo may fold in big games, but Aquilani doesn't even have to face a big team to crumble.
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:34 am

Once again, that had to do with his injuries, if he wasn't injury prone, you wouldn't even claim that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next