Cruijf
El Gunner
futbol_bill
Found
Casciavit
34 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

World Cup 2022 Final: Argentina vs France - Page 7 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Final: Argentina vs France

Post by El Gunner Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:50 pm

also this emoji rofl looks like Lautaro Martinez

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

World Cup 2022 Final: Argentina vs France - Page 7 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Final: Argentina vs France

Post by Casciavit Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:51 pm

They even crowned him with a robe. rofl
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:57 pm

All pens were legit. Dembele tripped Di Maria in the box, it was a light contact but enough to lose balance. Then Otamendi tripped Kolo Muani in similar fashion except he did not come from behind. If you allow one you got to allow the other. The last pen was a hand ball. I don't think refeering was a factor in the result even less so since Argentina won after dominating most of the match.

Messi was the leader and the best player, what a great team win

Di Maria masterclass, De Paul was everywhere, Romero did some imperial tackles. Great effort by all players. And keeper Martinez is a legend :bow:
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:59 pm

He (messi) has ticked all the boxes. Not discounting argentina's other players but he carried them in this. Like really did. Bow out like a champ; there's no guarantee how they'll treat you tomorrow.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:00 pm

Kudos to di Maria too. Happy for him, was pissed when we let him go for James freaking Rodriguez. Di Maria too has had a solid career despite the hate he tends to get
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:01 pm

GOAT cemented

The end.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:03 pm

World Cup 2022 Final: Argentina vs France - Page 7 Dybala10
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:06 pm

First off congrats to Argentina, Messi and all the Argentinians here.  Great final.   Great tournament.  Well deserved.  

As far as the game… laid an egg for 70mins.  Literally were two steps slow.  Only when we put in kids with athleticism did we start actually playing.

Kudos to Mbappe.  He’s an absolute killer.  I think this loss will just harden his resolve (if that’s even possible) and drive him to new heights.  When all is said and done, he’ll rewrite rewrite a lot of history in football if he remains injury-free.

Generally speaking, I didn’t think France would get this far.   Too many injuries which made for flaws and a very weak bench.  However, when you get to the final, you’re always disappointed to lose.  

PKs are a lottery.  We lost it (as we have the last 2 in major competitions).  So be it.  We’re not going anywhere with Mbappe still 23.  Also, the flip side of massive injuries is that a lot of kids make the team and get experience.  That bodes well for the future.

I’m out.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:11 pm

Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:13 pm

Messi is incredibly generous. He prefers to set someone up instead of hogging all the chances himself. Probably why he is so likeable tbh. Congrats! Well deserved Argentina.

France were set up wrong and didn't really adjust at all. It was so easy to get through them and drive on goal. They got better offensively later on when Argentina tired so it made for a great end. It wasn't much of a contest before the 80th minute tbh so kudos to Mbapay for dragging his team to the penalties and scoring his
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:15 pm

Has to be said, outside of any RM match, that is the most extraordinary match i've ever experienced.

Last edited by The Madrid One on Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:15 pm

Remember that save by Emiliano Martinez 10 seconds before the final whistle ??
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:17 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:

Damn he looks so young on the left, 8 years and feels like yesterday

Sadly GOAT is nearing retirement Sad
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:31 pm

Warrior wrote:Remember that save by Emiliano Martinez 10 seconds before the final whistle ??

Emi has a very strong shout for being the MVP of this Argentina team, even above Messi.

Anyway, probably the best WC final of all time even though it was way too stressful for me. Been hoping for this for so long, incredible for it to finally happen.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:36 pm

titosantill wrote:He (messi) has ticked all the boxes. Not discounting argentina's other players but he carried them in this. Like really did. Bow out like a champ; there's no guarantee how they'll treat you tomorrow.

think he'll try his best to also win the CL for PSG this season... after that maybe a season or two at Inter Miami and then he hangs it up... we'll see
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:45 pm

I never thought I would see my favourite team win the World cup.....can't express my feeling for this moment

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:48 pm

And I never thought I would see my favourite player win any major national trophy...still distinctly vivid the memory of 2014 and here we are...

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:44 pm

I Have to give some shine to mbappe. someone made a post of elite players who played in 2 world cups. i have to say, of all the losing finalists i have seen from a superstar, mbappe had by far the best showing. Granted its all about the win, but most losing finalists (even though they give them the world cup golden ball), were average at best in the final. messi vs mbappe had an ali vs tyson vibe to it. Old dog telling youngster its still my time.....for now. i wouldnt say it was the best world cup, but the final i think was. my mind might change later on lol
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:32 pm

Wonder what he is saying now?

https://youtu.be/7KgDQyRo0PQ
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:32 pm

I’m disappointed, but I have to acknowledge Messi as the goat and well deserved Argentina. It was the best WC final, I have ever seen and I’m sure I have seen more than anyone on this forum.

However i do take issue with some of the criticism of France. For sure they were outplayed in the first half and 1st part of second. It seemed they were always a step or two too slow, including Mbappe. But, i wonder if it may have been a result of dealing with the virus that went thru most of team, rather than the comments saying setup was wrong. Also, the criticism of individual players is uncalled for. They gave the best they could and at end almost pulled it off. A win in PK is always a lottery shot and definitely not a sure thing !

The comment about France lacking midfielders is also wrong. If there weren’t injuries, the inclusion of Pogba, Kante alone would have resolved any issues about midfield.

This guy behind most of the criticism can’t enjoy a win without extreme put downs. Is that really necessary!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:05 pm

I don’t think di Maria gets enough credit btw. He was my personal motm today

He was incredible not taking anything away from all the rest. McAllister, De Paul and Alvarez and everyone else played their heart out too
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:08 pm

Thanks for all the congratulations. My heart is still recovering.

I'm still in shock as to how it all happened. I never expected to dominate for 75 minutes as we did, to score from open play only once in such circumstances, or for Mbappe to keep bailing them out, or to go to penalties. It was a Rollercoaster (that I didn't enjoy tbh) but undoubtedly the best neutral wc final of my lifetime.

Congrats to France and all their fans as well for a fantastic match. Pens could've gone either way and no one would be able to complain.

But I'm ecstatic to get the first wc win of my life, and that things worked out for Messi in the end. To think he put in his best wc performance at 35 is ridiculous.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:27 am

I'm also very happy for the Argentinian people. They live with a ridiculous government and awful economic conditions... this will give them joy and a reprieve from their difficulties.

As happy as I am for Messi, it's more impactful for the country. You take happiness from wherever you can.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:43 am

Pretty cool to think now we still can enjoy watching Messi n Mbappe actually playing n linking together week in week out at PSG Very Happy We are blessed... There is no doubt Mbappe has also cemented his place if not already after this final. I hope they do it, if they can work together to win the CL that would be another dream come true, b4 Messi inevitably declines as he continues to age n perhaps Mbappe moves abroad...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:54 am

CBarca wrote:Argentina have been SOOO much better than France except for like 20 minutes but poor finishing and dumbass mistakes costing them

Thank god they won, France winning would have been so fucking shit.

Congrats BC. Congrats Messi. Congrats Argentina. Congrats all of us football fans for that incredible game. I went through so many emotions. Amazing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:20 am

If France won I would never forgive this Argentina team. In many ways they are a great team but the inability to hold onto leads is insane. How can you be leading twice in the WC final against a terrible (on the night), virus and injury ridden team and give it away both times?

Anyway, thankfully this will all be forgotten and we will just remember the best WC final of all time and the best player of all time.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next