BarcaLearning
Lord Spencer
Mamad
Chad31
titosantill
46 posters

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

The new player-manager-director of football - Kylian Mbappe - Page 23 Empty Re: The new player-manager-director of football - Kylian Mbappe

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:51 pm

These types of debates has been going on in each era pretty much right, since each era there are different type of top players especially goal scorers. For me even if Haaland goes on to score more goal n more successful in terms of trophies etc. than Mbappe, I think the latter is still far the better footballer all round. There must have been countless players in the past in similar positions, the lesser or less talented all round player achieves more due to various reasons...

BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The new player-manager-director of football - Kylian Mbappe - Page 23 Empty Re: The new player-manager-director of football - Kylian Mbappe

Post by Thimmy Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:15 pm

He's not entertaining to watch at Man City, but that's how he's been instructed to play, and it works for what the team needs. What reignited my interest in football as a whole was when I started following him for Red Bull Salzburg and I saw him utilize his athleticism to bulldoze or sprint past defenders, but those aspects to his game are all but gone nowadays.

He's never been a stepovers, tricks and rainbow flicks type of player, but I thought there was a unique entertainment quality to his peculiar way of awkwardly barging through defenses with brute force. I like to think that I'll be able to see that again one day, at a different club. It might be detrimental to his goalscoring output, but I've never seen anyone else challenge defenders like that with any regularity. It's fun to watch him hog the ball, but he hardly sees the ball anymore.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:40 pm

Varnagel wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:Haaland takes UEFA player of year ahead of Messi and De Bruyne. No where in sight is the mercenary prima donna! Lol 😂

He's busing playing world cup finals and showing the world (not just Europe) who the boss is.   European club play wasn't the priority this season.  Even then, he scored 41 goals in 43 games (including 7 in 8 in CL) for PSG.

Shows the nonsense that these awards have become.

And btw, Messi making that list is an absolute joke.  FIFA, of course.  But UEFA?  He was atrocious for PSG.

Mbappe is playing for a ridiculously stacked France NT where he ain't their best player (it's still Griezmann). If he represented his father's national team (Cameroon) like Haaland did, Mbappe never sniff world cup finals lmfao.

If Mbappe didn't care about UCL, then he wouldn't have rushed himself back vs. Bayern while half-injured LOL.

Mbappe is simply not on Haaland's level individually...

- Never was Europe's POTY

- Never scored over 50 goals a season

- Never was UCL top scorer

- Never to finish Ballon d'Or podium (Haaland 100% will)

FIFA don't give out Ballon d'Ors anymore, it's France Football nowadays.

UEFA's own rules says national team performances mattered for 2023 UEFA POTY award. It reeks inconsistency for me. How can Messi be clear-cut favorite to win Ballon d'Or despite an awful season for PSG while missing out UEFA's POTY award.

The initial shortlist of players was selected by the UEFA technical study group based on their performance during the 2022/23 season at both club and national team level. The top three nominees were then voted for by a jury composed of the coaches of the clubs which played in the group stages of the 2022/23 UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League and UEFA Europa Conference League, together with the coaches of the men's national teams of UEFA's member associations. A group of journalists selected by the European Sports Media (ESM) were also part of the jury.

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/0284-18c1b70cc3e6-ccc3c4cc0186-1000--2022-23-uefa-men-s-player-of-the-year-award-nominees-announc/

I'm sorry, what? Laughing I appreciate this muscled up defensive 10 version of Griezmann as much as the next guy but to actually claim he's better than Mbappé for France is bat shit insane. Not even Griezmann himself woud co-sign this.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:16 pm

Thimmy wrote:He's not entertaining to watch at Man City, but that's how he's been instructed to play, and it works for what the team needs. What reignited my interest in football as a whole was when I started following him for Red Bull Salzburg and I saw him utilize his athleticism to bulldoze or sprint past defenders, but those aspects to his game are all but gone nowadays.

He's never been a stepovers, tricks and rainbow flicks type of player, but I thought there was a unique entertainment quality to his peculiar way of awkwardly barging through defenses with brute force. I like to think that I'll be able to see that again one day, at a different club. It might be detrimental to his goalscoring output, but I've never seen anyone else challenge defenders like that with any regularity. It's fun to watch him hog the ball, but he hardly sees the ball anymore.

I think part of it is game plan and partly it's trying to minimize risk of injury and muscle strains.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:40 pm

Forgetting the goals and the hype for Haaland... the way he's used actually hurts me as a football fan. I saw how he played at Dortmund unlike most here. The guy is being used at 50% of his capacity.

Sure, he may not score 50 goals if he's pushed further away from goal. But someone with his speed and athleticism MUST get space to run into. You have to allow him to dominate with his physical dominance. Come on.

I hope he gets to show who he really is during his prime.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:45 pm

FYI Luis Enrique has convinced Mbappe to act as the trigger for a barca-syle high press and he's doing it rather well. He's playing defense for the first time since his Monaco days. Putting a lot of pressure on the ball.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Varnagel Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:35 am

BarcaLearning wrote:These types of debates has been going on in each era pretty much right, since each era there are different type of top players especially goal scorers. For me even if Haaland goes on to score more goal n more successful in terms of trophies etc. than Mbappe, I think the latter is still far the better footballer all round. There must have been countless players in the past in similar positions, the lesser or less talented all round player achieves more due to various reasons...

Mbappe is perhaps more talented & aesthetically pleasing to watch than Haaland In football however, it's about to win games and nothing is more valuable than goals. Doing so at a very high rate on consistent level is extremely difficult. Haaland is basically the football version of prime Shaquille O'Neal who can score at while through sheer physical dominance.

Mbappe's arguably greatest career accomplishment is being compared to Haaland.

Varnagel
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:25 pm

sportsczy wrote:Forgetting the goals and the hype for Haaland...  the way he's used actually hurts me as a football fan.  I saw how he played at Dortmund unlike most here.  The guy is being used at 50% of his capacity.

Sure, he may not score 50 goals if he's pushed further away from goal.  But someone with his speed and athleticism MUST get space to run into.  You have to allow him to dominate with his physical dominance.  Come on.

I hope he gets to show who he really is during his prime.

I completely agree with this. It's quite frustrating to watch him be reduced to little more than a pure goalscorer, but there seems to be a gap in clinical goalscoring talent in football as a whole, and even from his transition from RB Salzburg to Dortmund, you could see him get less involved in alround play and more pushed to the front of the offense. I don't know if I've ever seen another player be as isolated positionally, as Haaland is at City.

For all of the claims that he's only scoring because of KDB or due to his team mates supposedly being such exceptional providers, he gets as little as less than 5 touches on the ball in certain matches, and I think he averages about 20 touches. For someone who's blessed with so much power and athleticism, it just seems like such a massive waste of his abilities, not to mention the entertainment aspect to his game. One can't argue against winning being important, but you'd think there'd be a way to utilize him effectively as more than just a guy who's there for his positioning and finishing ability.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:15 pm

Haaland is CLEAR of this fraud

too scared to leave Ligue 1 tbh because he knows he's not cut out for anything outside the league
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:02 pm

Vini is clear of both.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:35 am

Lol, typical of clueless haters... do u guys even watch the games?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:43 pm

He's playing injured... has a bad ankle that he got in Marseille game (about 10 days ago) that took him out of that game in first 20 mins.  That's why he's playing as a CF and Kolo Muani has gone wide the past 2 games.  They wanted to keep him in the games because he's such a good sniper.  But to snipe goals, you need someone else to create chances.  PSG's creativity is either Dembele or Mbappe.  With Mbappe hobbled and playing centrally, it's just Dembele.

Tactics are weird too. They have the best direct players in the world with Mbappe, Muani and Dembele... yet they walk the ball up the pitch AND play 4 strikers so there's no room for the direct players. Just very strange by Enrique. Not sure what he's doing right now.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:40 am

Yea that 4 attackers with Ugarte basically just a work horse meant only had Emery in midfield trying to play midfield lol... Vitinha on the bench... just bizarre... think should be last time this is done. Muani's technique looks so bad to be rated so highly too for some reason which is worrying. Think he tried 3 CBs in the previous game or so too, too much experimenting...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:16 am

Muani is a one-touch and shoot + hold up the ball kind of player OR run into space.   Asking him to play winger or play technically in small spaces is plain dumb.

Enrique wants to play his system and style without accounting for the type of players that he has.  He better learn quickly or he may end up getting fired in December lol.   PSG is 5th in Ligue 1 and, now, is by no means guaranteed to get out of CL group stages if he continues this nonsense.

Play people in their proper positions and stop with this crazy experimenting... or at least don't do it in CL you idiot.

PSG literally gifted 3 goals to Newcastle because of bad turnovers or passive reactions.   It's not like Newcastle dominated play.  It was press, get a bad turnover, and then kick the ball in the box and see what happens.  Donkey things.  The last goal was an actual created play, although it started by Muani making a technical mistake once again.

Credit to them... it worked. But they deserved to win 2-1 at best, not 4-1.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:15 am

Valkyrja wrote:Vini is clear of both.

Rodri is clear of all three
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:09 am

sportsczy wrote:Muani is a one-touch and shoot + hold up the ball kind of player OR run into space.

so a mini-Mbappe?

sportsczy wrote:
PSG literally gifted 3 goals to Newcastle because of bad turnovers or passive reactions.   It's not like Newcastle dominated play.  It was press, get a bad turnover, and then kick the ball in the box and see what happens.  Donkey things.  The last goal was an actual created play, although it started by Muani making a technical mistake once again.

Credit to them... it worked. But they deserved to win 2-1 at best, not 4-1.

those were all forced turnovers... that's what you call domination... they pressed the shit out of them, was first to every 50/50, made PSG look like a mediocre team through their high energy and good passing, in comparison to PSG's low energy and bad passing.

I fear for PSG... without Messi and Neymar they have no creativity in that team at all. Their midfield is a joke. And their defense isn't that far behind in hilarity. If their frontline won't click soon enough to outscore opponents, this club will bomb for the forseeable future. Mbappe will probably be forced to leave because the situation will be so shit. And then we will really see Mbappe true colours in EPL or La Liga. Truly though only in the EPL tho if he comes here, because La Liga is Lol Liga.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:17 am

Vibe wrote:

Bellingd'or over all 4 hmm
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:27 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
Vibe wrote:

Bellingd'or over all 4 hmm

Locatelli buries them all Thumbs up
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:14 pm

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:22 pm

You cant just post a 2h interview without explaining how is it linked to mbappe?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:50 pm

I actually don't think he expects anyone to watch it tbh. Can frame any narrative from there

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:20 pm

Myesyats wrote:You cant just post a 2h interview without explaining how is it linked to mbappe?

I skimmed through it during my lunch break. He says that his favorite player is Ronaldo R9. Mbappe reminds him of R9, and he thinks Mbappe has infinite potential/can become a lot better. He also mentions Haaland. Something about his goalscoring output and some nonsense about the only way he can improve is by scoring even more goals. Points out that Mbappe is much more complete. It's one of the the last parts of the video in the timestamps.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:52 pm

Go to 1:39:02
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:07 am

Lol.... love the end part though about accepting self to be 'perfect' n not caring about what others who know nothing about u think... his personality is definitely pretty rare...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:17 am

My cousin is doing well. Ilies ardjani is his name. Playing for the U19’s at 17. He’s been forming a friendship with Ethan, kylians brother. That family has power like you wouldn’t believe in PSG. Sports, keep an eye out for my little cousin out there. It’s surreal to have a relative playing at that level. He’s rejected Algeria U19 and I believe France as well (idk). I believe his mom (my moms sister) is afraid of the physicality since he’s not fully developed. He’s barely 17, and playing with much bigger guys, but he’s not weak, just needs to grow more into his frame
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:37 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:My cousin is doing well. Ilies ardjani is his name. Playing for the U19’s at 17. He’s been forming a friendship with Ethan, kylians brother. That family has power like you wouldn’t believe in PSG. Sports, keep an eye out for my little cousin out there. It’s surreal to have a relative playing at that level. He’s rejected Algeria U19 and I believe France as well (idk). I believe his mom (my moms sister) is afraid of the physicality since he’s not fully developed. He’s barely 17, and playing with much bigger guys, but he’s not weak, just needs to grow more into his frame

That's your cousin?! Dude, he's one of the biggest prospects at PSG! His mom has to let him play at whatever level France NT wants him to. Remember that Zaire-Emery, the starting CM for PSG proper and U21 France (likely up to France proper this year)... is only 17. Age is just a number. Football careers are short.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next