BarcaLearning
Lord Spencer
Mamad
Chad31
titosantill
46 posters

Page 22 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

The new player-manager-director of football - Kylian Mbappe - Page 22 Empty Re: The new player-manager-director of football - Kylian Mbappe

Post by sportsczy Mon 28 Aug - 17:24:30

Very funny commentary from Madrid fans mostly and many others...

So Mbappe has been at the same club for 6+ years now and stayed in one youth academy (Monaco) for another 5 years before that.  In essence, he's stayed at 2 clubs since the age of 13.  He was with AS Bondy, the club his father coaches, before that.

Yet, he's accused of being a mercenary (which is the exact OPPOSITE of what he's doing), disloyal (how can he be loyal to a club he never joined?), and greedy (because Messi, CR, Neymar, Ibra, etc. were/are not).

Not to mention he's French and he's able to play at the highest level close to his family and friends.

Amazing.

The fault is on Madrid for playing their cards too hard this summer.  He was available in June.  Yes, he would have cost 200 million.  But Flo assumed PSG would be forced to take a lower price late in the transfer window.  Saudi money took all that leverage away.  Now, Madrid has no 9 and PSG has zero intention to sell for less than... 300 million lol.   And Mbappe can choose wherever he wants to go next summer, which isn't necessarily Madrid.

The world is different.   Players dictate their own future, not the clubs anymore.  Clubs need to get wise to this.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The new player-manager-director of football - Kylian Mbappe - Page 22 Empty Re: The new player-manager-director of football - Kylian Mbappe

Post by futbol_bill Mon 28 Aug - 18:12:21

That’s one viewpoint!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue 29 Aug - 0:37:03

Since Mbappe started being linked with us in 2017, we’ve won 3 CL trophies. We’re ok dude Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue 29 Aug - 3:13:33

This Madrid-Mbappe saga needs to end.

Because if I see another Bill v Sports post it will have me combust.

Sports doesn't want to accept he will move there for French pride.

I love Sports but want to see Mbappe move to Madrid to see him SEETHE
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue 29 Aug - 4:09:30

Mbappé is a mercenary. Him and his clan are objectively the biggest mercenaries in football history.

I write this on neutral tone because yes i believe he genuinely loves PSG and wants to win CL in his home town but for that to happen the club itself would need a reboot. How many coaches left to hire, how many zillions left to spend, for an ounce of credibility please ??

Clearly he does not respect the management and QSI Nasser in particular, they have no transfer strategy, they lose all their good french talent before it even blossoms, they buy Messi who takes the spotlight for a while... and most importantly PSG is a terrible work place with menacing atmosphere, free-for-all and 1v1 ego wars all the time

Paris Saint Germain was his childhood club but the likeable old school PSG is long gone. For reasons not only related to Qatar btw but that's another story. Anyways now it's run by a bunch of thugs clueless about football. That's why Mbappé lives his dream while shamelessly milking the cow as much as he can. Soon enough he'll live another dream by joining Real. Fair enough
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue 29 Aug - 23:49:01

How can Mbappe be a mercenary when he's played for PSG for over 6.5 years now and was at Monaco for 5 years before that (and Monaco wanted to sell him when they did).

Someone, please explain. I'm all ears.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed 30 Aug - 0:47:41

I think we don't have the same definition of a mercenary

You can call Mbappé the best negociator in the world if that suits your narratives better. The facts are well known by now, he used his negociations with Real Madrid to force PSG into giving him the keys of the bank if they wanted him to stay.

So yes PSG is a dream we get that, but supposedly Real Madrid is also a dream why not go there ? There is a world of difference between those 2 clubs, but Real offered less financial guarantees and Perez was never gonna cede him any of his powers.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed 30 Aug - 1:39:16

Mercenary means the opposite of loyal.  Mercenaries are guns for hire basically with no loyalties at all.

If anything, Mbappe has shown more loyalty to Monaco and PSG than one would have liked and it's worked out for him so far.

He's never ever asked to do anything but fulfill his contracts.  Even when a deal was ready at Madrid that he'd accepted and PSG rejected the 200m offer by Real Madrid...  he never pouted and played like a professional.  He said at the time "I have a contract that most people would dream of".  Lucky for PSG, he stayed for a variety of reasons in the end.

This, by the way, refutes your argument about him using Real Madrid for money.  He agreed to terms with Madrid and Madrid gave PSG a 200m offer.  He asked to be sold.   PSG blocked him.   There was real intent.   He happened to change his mind a year later.

That's the most baffling part.   PSG kept going on and on about not wanting to lose Mbappe for free next summer WHEN they were perfectly willing to lose him for free 2 summers ago by keeping him.  Hypocrites?

Being a hard business person and somewhat egocentric is not the same as being a mercenary.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed 30 Aug - 2:44:28

Loyalty is not ambiguous to the point every 2 months news come out that you are unhappy, you clash with the management and what not. I don't invent that he used Real Madrid's offers in 2022 as leverage to milk PSG into a mercenary contract disastrous for them Rolling Eyes

In 2023 he said he will not renew in 2024. He knows there is no need to say more for shit to hit the fan...

I read french press i know the Mbappé clan is more machiavellian than you make it sound. All in all they are too intelligent to show loyalty to PSG for all reasons i said before. Sympathy for the club is well buried at this point, sometimes dreams don't translate well into reality and you have to pull the plug, that's what he's doing. If that was not clear i think the blame goes to napoleon complex PSG they dig their own hole and i find it funny.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed 30 Aug - 4:15:11

He's not making the news... media is literally making it up to get clicks.  His "unhappiness" was never at the club.  He felt that he was giving 150% while Neymar and Verratti (and others) were out partying.  He had zero issues with Messi FYI.. that was all made up.   The two got along very well.   This is per actual reliable journalists.

Also, everything he says is taken out of context.  

For example, a pre-recorded interview in May was aired in June.  He was asked, "why did you stay at PSG? What are the good and bad things about it?".  He answered "I love it in Paris.  But PSG is a club that causes a lot of controversy and division.  So playing at PSG certainly doesn't help me with the BDO for example.  However, as long as my teams win trophies, personal achievements will come naturally."

Do you know what they published?  No.  They said that Mbappe says that PSG is hurting his aspirations to win BDO.  Nothing else.  No context.

Also, all this summer's drama was entirely on PSG who wanted to put pressure on MBappe to either leave or extend.  Once they got the miracle of selling Neymar for a good fee no less and soon Verratti, they were no longer worried.  Why?  They had FFP issues.  They couldn't allow Mbappe to leave for free.  Now they don't so he's magically reintegrated without an extension.  How was this any of a surprise to PSG when they offered a 2-year contract with a player option for year 3.  It's the contract that they offered and Mbappe signed!

Don't believe media nonsense and PR machine by PSG. Mbappe has become a scapegoat for the club's incredible mismanagement. Just listen to the fans... they cheer him like crazy. He's done literally everything for the club.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed 30 Aug - 5:01:43

It's not like i base my opinions strictly on blogs like footmercato Laughing i see informations, then i use critical thinking to sort out the bs, then i try to connect the dots with facts (such as Mbappé's double negociation in 2022) then i come out with a conclusion

My conclusion which was the point i wanted to share in my original post: Mbappé is doing his thing, PSG is responsible for the drama

We are saying the same thing bud !! we just disagree on Mbappé's mercenarious tendencies well i think he should hire you in his PR team

BONUS:
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed 30 Aug - 11:07:29

Mercenary definition from Cambridge Dictionary:

“Interested only in the amount of money you can get in a situation”

And let’s not forget that at one point Sports proclaimed that Mbappé wasn’t in it for the money!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed 30 Aug - 21:50:27

https://apple.news/Aqb4NPB8qQHKeA1ybVAoQow

Madrid to go after Haaland and Davies instead of Mbappé. I hope this story comes true. Much better fit than the mercenary prima donna.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu 31 Aug - 2:59:34

futbol_bill wrote:Mercenary definition from Cambridge Dictionary:

“Interested only in the amount of money you can get in a situation”

And let’s not forget that at one point Sports proclaimed that Mbappé wasn’t in it for the money!

I said he's not in it for the money after this contract with PSG.  In fact, he's not.   Reason that he's been reintegrated per reports is that he's promised PSG that either they get a transfer or he renounces his loyalty bonuses this season (roughly 80 million euros).

He's basically given up 80 million in compensation to end the drama... and, according to journalists in France, he's doing this because he just wants to play.   He's in his prime.  Besides, he feels that he can make some of that up with performance bonuses (he has bonuses if he wins BDO after this season, if he's the top scorer in competitions PSG participates in, if PSG get to CL final and win final, etc.)

If it was all about the money in 2017, he would have gone to Madrid from Monaco.  Madrid offered him more wages then... but he wasn't assured to start due to BBC.  That's why he went to PSG.  

Last year, it was about the money of course.  Only time.  But who could blame him?  He's making 150 million a season lol.  

If it was about the money this summer, he would keep every single penny in his contract and play hardball with PSG.  He didn't.   He put up 80 million to finish his contract and then become a free agent.  In essence, he agreed to a contract buyout that he didn't need to.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu 31 Aug - 3:03:35

re Haaland. He's said in an interview that he will only consider leaving City if Pep leaves City. Pep has a contract until the summer of 2025 which he intends to honor. That's when he's available.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu 31 Aug - 21:39:53

Haaland takes UEFA player of year ahead of Messi and De Bruyne. No where in sight is the mercenary prima donna! Lol 😂
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu 31 Aug - 22:13:28

futbol_bill wrote:Haaland takes UEFA player of year ahead of Messi and De Bruyne. No where in sight is the mercenary prima donna! Lol 😂

He's busing playing world cup finals and showing the world (not just Europe) who the boss is.   European club play wasn't the priority this season.  Even then, he scored 41 goals in 43 games (including 7 in 8 in CL) for PSG.

And btw, Messi making that list is an absolute joke.  FIFA, of course.  But UEFA?  He was atrocious for PSG.

Shows the nonsense that these awards have become.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri 1 Sep - 0:54:21

Florentino will not sign mbappe nor Haaland. those guys arent playing for arsenal or dortmund (which is why i felt we should have gone for Haaland when he was at dortmund). he's at city, forget it. city can spend money to keep him and surround him with help. same with psg. the pro madrid media kept hyping that dream of madrid could get both for free two years ago and we ended with neither. I honestly think flo's just waiting and hoping that some poor club like ajax porto dortmund can develop some striker we can sign. if benzema didnt leave he would play here till 40.

if madrid ever signs Haaland or mbappe, i'm very sure it would be when they're past their prime and up in age. The pro-madrid media will hail it as some great coup and the players themselves will woo fans with stories on how they had the chance to join before but it didnt happen for whatever reason. save yourself the stress and move on from this. i did when i noticed madrid became more interested in signing talented midfielders but rubbish strikers or no strikers at all.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri 1 Sep - 10:46:56

I’m going to disagree with you Tito! I will agree the media is super hyped on RMad acquiring Mbappe and Flo obviously has been stubbornly fixed on getting him, but I’m listening more to what Flo and club have been saying, particularly to socios.

This time, they have warned Mbappe that if he signs ANY renewal deal, they may look elsewhere. While the statement in itself doesn’t sound like much and can easily be interpreted as an empty threat, there are other statements, that COULD lead to Flo getting off his fixation. First off though, I don’t believe Mbappe will come. Number one because of the money it will cost next year and secondly there is a high probability in my mind, that he just signs another renewal, short term of course, so he can continue his pursuit of dinero, like the true mercenary he is.

The other factor is statements have been made that Haaland is a much better fit for club. This is also very obvious giving he is a true 9 and actually has Benz like movement, that Pep has been curtailing. He has a much better personality and team spirit than Mbappe. I just happen to believe he is also a better overall player than the mercenary. He has always maintained an interest in RMad, but obviously doesn’t like being 2nd choice. The club statement that they are putting money aside for next summer for both Davies and Haaland speaks volumes for me. Flo is no longer pleading financial restraints and has opened up wallet for the RIGHT choices. He has been adding youthful talent for past 4 years and now is only a couple of moves away from another dream team that could dominate for next decade.

As to competing with City and Pep, the statement says they are willing to pay his exit clause. The overall cost of obtaining Haaland will still be less than any deal with PSG.

My conclusion is it is a possibility! Not a sure thing but definitely not out of the realm of impossible.

In the interim, I’m enjoying the current team. The play is entertaining, much more than past 3 or 4 years and there is obviously talent and depth out there. The only thing holding them back is the number of severe injuries they have. It may well cost them trophies this year, bit I am excited about the potential of this team.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Varnagel Sun 3 Sep - 12:37:51

sportsczy wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:Haaland takes UEFA player of year ahead of Messi and De Bruyne. No where in sight is the mercenary prima donna! Lol 😂

He's busing playing world cup finals and showing the world (not just Europe) who the boss is.   European club play wasn't the priority this season.  Even then, he scored 41 goals in 43 games (including 7 in 8 in CL) for PSG.

And btw, Messi making that list is an absolute joke.  FIFA, of course.  But UEFA?  He was atrocious for PSG.

Mbappe is playing for a ridiculously stacked France NT where he ain't their best player (it's still Griezmann). If he represented his father's national team (Cameroon) like Haaland did, Mbappe never sniff world cup finals lmfao.

If Mbappe didn't care about UCL, then he wouldn't have rushed himself back vs. Bayern while half-injured LOL.

Mbappe is simply not on Haaland's level individually...

- Never was Europe's POTY

- Never scored over 50 goals a season

- Never was UCL top scorer

- Never to finish Ballon d'Or podium (Haaland 100% will)

FIFA don't give out Ballon d'Ors anymore, it's France Football nowadays.

UEFA's own rules says national team performances mattered for 2023 UEFA POTY award. It reeks inconsistency for me. How can Messi be clear-cut favorite to win Ballon d'Or despite an awful season for PSG while missing out UEFA's POTY award.

The initial shortlist of players was selected by the UEFA technical study group based on their performance during the 2022/23 season at both club and national team level. The top three nominees were then voted for by a jury composed of the coaches of the clubs which played in the group stages of the 2022/23 UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League and UEFA Europa Conference League, together with the coaches of the men's national teams of UEFA's member associations. A group of journalists selected by the European Sports Media (ESM) were also part of the jury.

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/0284-18c1b70cc3e6-ccc3c4cc0186-1000--2022-23-uefa-men-s-player-of-the-year-award-nominees-announc/

Varnagel
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun 3 Sep - 13:13:28

Haaland has the best service I've seen in the history of football. His goals rarely ever require more than a single touch and very often into an empty net. He's playing football on begginer difficulty.

Mbappe plays in France though.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun 3 Sep - 14:30:44

sportsczy wrote:

The new player-manager-director of football - Kylian Mbappe - Page 22 514DxbN
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun 3 Sep - 14:35:15

Vibe wrote:Haaland has the best service I've seen in the history of football. His goals rarely ever require more than a single touch and very often into an empty net. He's playing football on begginer difficulty.

I think that's more of a hot take than your suggestion that Rodri is the best player in the world. You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but how long have you been watching football for?  The new player-manager-director of football - Kylian Mbappe - Page 22 1f605
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun 3 Sep - 17:14:36

Thimmy wrote:
Vibe wrote:Haaland has the best service I've seen in the history of football. His goals rarely ever require more than a single touch and very often into an empty net. He's playing football on begginer difficulty.

I think that's more of a hot take than your suggestion that Rodri is the best player in the world. You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but how long have you been watching football for?  The new player-manager-director of football - Kylian Mbappe - Page 22 1f605

Well, I actually went now and watched all goals Haaland scored for City.

It's worse than I thought Laughing Best service of all time by a mile. Haaland is ridiculously clinical though.

He practically never has to do anything other than tap it in. But that is also a compliment to his anticipation.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Varnagel Sun 3 Sep - 19:03:52

There has been built superteams around great players (like Lewandowski, Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Zlatan etc.) in the past as well, it's not like Haaland's a first in that department.

You should go and look up Haaland's career stats. The man has been a goalscoring machine in Man City, Salzburg, Dortmund. Even in that horrible, horrible Norway team with 24 goals in 25 games for them.

If "tap-in goals" are easy, then why haven't seen many players with Haaland's level of production.

Varnagel
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun 3 Sep - 20:51:56

These types of debates has been going on in each era pretty much right, since each era there are different type of top players especially goal scorers. For me even if Haaland goes on to score more goal n more successful in terms of trophies etc. than Mbappe, I think the latter is still far the better footballer all round. There must have been countless players in the past in similar positions, the lesser or less talented all round player achieves more due to various reasons...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next