Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by danyjr Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:00 pm

Harmonica I think Unreal Engine also has AI upscaling tools. It is nothing new, or ground breaking anymore as far as I know.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:29 pm

danyjr wrote:Harmonica I think Unreal Engine also has AI upscaling tools. It is nothing new, or ground breaking anymore as far as I know.
I think that's a different thing. In here it takes rendering out, pastes it to their software, and people can modify textures, and models apparently. Which are then saved as a mod file. This could be something revolutionary in modding scene. I'm pretty excited but definitely taking this with grain of salt, as it's Nvidia. We'll just have to wait and see after it's released. It seems that this could also replace something like ENB.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/comparisons/rtx-remix-elder-scrolls-iii-morrowind-interactive-comparison-001/
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/comparisons/rtx-remix-elder-scrolls-iii-morrowind-interactive-comparison-002/
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/comparisons/rtx-remix-elder-scrolls-iii-morrowind-interactive-comparison-003/
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/comparisons/rtx-remix-elder-scrolls-iii-morrowind-interactive-comparison-004/
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/comparisons/rtx-remix-elder-scrolls-iii-morrowind-interactive-comparison-005/
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/comparisons/rtx-remix-elder-scrolls-iii-morrowind-interactive-comparison-006/
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/comparisons/rtx-remix-elder-scrolls-iii-morrowind-interactive-comparison-007/
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/comparisons/rtx-remix-elder-scrolls-iii-morrowind-interactive-comparison-008/
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:00 pm

Here's video of Nvidia RTX Remix at work with Morrowind. Currently it works in DX8 and DX9.

Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:41 pm

#A40(S)

Game: Tales of Destiny:-
Year: 1997, 1998.
Genre: Action RPG.
Publisher: Namco.
Developer: Wolf Team (Namco).

General Games Discussion - Page 15 File:Todbox

The Tales JRPG series is nowadays synonymous with comfort food; a satisfying meal that is neither complex nor memorable. Full to the brim with anime archetypes and genre cliches, it is honestly difficult to pick the different games apart.

It is then hard to imagine a time when the very things the series is known for were actually incredible innovations to the genre. The unabashed anime-ness of the series was established in the first game on the SNES, where an Anime cut-scene and vocal track inexplicably fit into the cartridge. With the second game, Tales of Destiny, the series established much of its traditions and firmly entrenched itself into becoming an anime-videogame, for better or worse.

"History books say that 6 Swordians saved our world in the ancient Aeth'er Wars"

The story begins with the hero, Stahn Aileron, stowed away on a flying dragon ship. Thanks to his heavy sleeping, which becomes a running gag throughout the game, he is found by a couple of guards just before the ship is attacked by monsters. In the middle of that confusion, Stahn finds a sentient sword, called Dymos, that forms a pact with him and helps him survive the attack. This sword, we later learn, is part of an exclusive race named, rather originally, Swordians that are awakened when the world is in trouble.

Soon, the pure-hearted hero finds himself indebted to a couple of adventurers and then hoisted to stop a mad priest from using a weapon of mass destruction to rule the world. Unsurprisingly for a Tales game, but this actually originated in this game, the story gets more complicated than that. It originates the three-act structure that the rest of the games follow closely.

What surprised me, given my ambivalence towards the plot of most games in the series, is how engaged I was with this one. Since the story moved at a rapid pace, did not bother to over-explain its concepts, and maintained some room for interpretation, it kept me engaged throughout.

Even though the Western release missed the trademark "skits" the series is known for, it still managed to effectively convey the personality of your party. That's not only due to the extensive dialogue, but also thanks to the clever use of emotional bubbles and clever sprite animations during scenes. Sweat drops, frustration clouds, tears of laughter, and other stock anime-style emotional cues are library used throughout the game, and that highlights the comedic aspects of the story and characters.

Overall, Tales of Destiny tells a straightforward story filled with big dramatic moments as well as smaller but no less important character moments. It doesn't kill its momentum by over-explaining things and is less cringy than many of its predecessors' thanks mostly to its brevity. Also, it should be mentioned, how the world keeps changing with events in the story, and that affects the dialogue and micro-stories of NPCs around the game's world, and that was extremely progressive for the era.

"Ah, I see we have some rodents here. I didn't think you would be able to follow us this far"

Ironically, while I am usually a big fan of the Tales battle system even if I dislike the story, it's the opposite here. That's because this is a very early version of the action-based Linear Motion Battle System. For those unfamiliar with combat in the Tales series, it's basically a real-time input system that is closer to fighting games than to Turn-Based RPGs.

You move your character and can freely attack and use special moves, but you can also pause the screen and issue commands to the rest of the party or use spells. That's all present in this game, but it's relatively sluggish. Stahn's movement is slow and erratic, and the combo potential of moves is very low. Also, with only four special moves mapped to shortcuts, it massively reduces your in-battle options.

Worse yet is that you can only directly control Stahn in your party unless you go through massive loopholes. That reduces the variety in gameplay that I usually love with this series. Of course, using the multiplayer option, you can control other characters, but that never was my playstyle with these games.

Another weakness of the system is the customization aspect, which is limited to buying the best equipment in every town you go to. That's fine if not for the fact that most of the weapons you find are useless. That's because there is no reason not to equip each character with their "Swordian" of choice, as that's clearly the best option.

"Do you dare to stop the winds of change and the demons of destruction?!!"

Outside of battle, the main gameplay element in the game is dungeon and overworld exploration, which is unfortunately hampered by a rather high random encounter rate. Outside of the annoyance of random encounters, dungeons are basic enough for the most part, with puzzles shaking things up a bit.

However, in one part of the game, several dungeons follow each other with the same obnoxious design premise, and those were easily my least favorite part of the game. It felt like going through the same dungeon more than four times, which is egregiously bad.

As for overworld exploration, it suffers from having one of the ugliest world maps I have ever seen, coupled with extremely linear progression. To be fair, this wasn't the focus of the game, and the linear nature of the game gently guides you through many towns and locations that are extremely well-realized.

One aspect that the series is known for is its myriad of mini-games, which are available here, and are fun with non-essential distractions. Yet, these non-essential aspects of the game, including the many micro-stories you gather by talking to NPCs, give the world a lived-in dimension that is sometimes lacking in JRPGs.

"How can I be alright? I just got caught and beaten up like a punching bag!!"

Made in 1997 and featuring a spiky-haired blonde hero, Tales of Destiny naturally drew unfavorable comparisons with Square's seminal Final Fantasy VII. One aspect that the old comparison clearly got wrong was any criticisms of the game's graphics since the sprite work of Tales of Destiny looks much better now than the polygonal monstrosities of many PS1 RPGs.

True, the game looks like it could run on the SNES, and it probably could. Except, it would be one of the prettiest and most detailed SNES games ever made. Graphically, it's extremely good 2D art for backgrounds, locations, special effects, and there is a lot of detail in the construction of rooms and houses.

However, the characters themselves are not ideal. Portraits are relegated to the status screen, and the design of each character is a chubby sprite in both the world and battles. Its not as detailed or masterful as Breath of Fire, Suikoden, or Valkyrie Profile. Instead, it aims for a feeling closer to the SNES classics, which is fairly acceptable.

Musically, the soundtrack is made by series stalwarts Motoi Sakuraba and Shinji Tamura, and it's easy to say that this is not Sakuraba's best work on the PS1. While there are really good tracks such as the aptly named "Despair" and the more upbeat "Memories Return", the majority of the tracks are merely functional. The main battle theme gets boring after a while and doesn't change much, and the dungeon themes fail to stand out most of the time.

One thing that is missing from the game is the Voice Acting in the "skits", which was not translated into the English localization. Yet, remnants of the voice acting remain in the Japanese battle chants and special attack shouts, which coupled with some good sound effects make for exciting background noise.

In Conclusion:

Despite its nice story and cast of characters, I must admit that I had to force myself to finish Tales of Destiny past the halfway point. With the story and exploration slowing down, the game's rather mundane gameplay was forced to carry its weight, and it failed to do so.

With merely nice sprite-work and functional music, the game's production design wasn't doing any of the heavy lifting wither. Instead, the residual charm of the story and characters rushed me through, but I am not sure if that's going to be the same with everyone.

At least the first act was great.

Final: 6/10

Pros:
  • A rather good and precise story.
  • A nice cast of characters.
  • Effective humor through animation and speech bubbles.
  • Some nice puzzles in dungeons.
  • NPCs' micro-stories are great.
  • Sprite graphics didn't age and places are designed really well.
  • Some good music tracks.

Cons:
  • Missing the series's trademark "skits".
  • No option to change player character.
  • Little customization options.
  • A very basic version of the Action combat system.
  • High random encounter rate.
  • Many repetitive dungeon designs.
  • Linear progression and exploration.
  • Basic character design in both portrait and sprite work.
  • Mostly functional soundtrack.

"Tips"
1- Harbor warehouses contain an item once you solve a puzzle.
2- Never change your equipped weapon from your base "Swordian", except in one dungeon where the enemies absorb fire.
3- You can interact with various objects for color dialogue.
4- Enable the combo counter option for some extra EXP (once you get the valuable item allowing it).
5- You can put food in your backpack for some passive healing, but it's practically useless.
6- Talk to NPCs for some extra context and stories.
7- Never cast spells while under attack.
8- Have some special attacks that allow you to go behind enemies to involve more of your team with the attack.
9- VERY IMPORTANT: Visit Cyril before you start the scene in Heidelberg for a nice scene with Mary.
10- Before battling Lydon, use all your gold to buy the stuff you can sell later.

"Next Game"

Despite my relatively low score, I still liked Tales of Destiny and see why it's remembered so fondly. It has its flaws, but it has the bones of something better.

Here is hoping that Tales of Destiny II, which actually is called Tales of Eternia, is the successor that first improved the franchise's gameplay.

Stay Tuned
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:11 pm

I don't know if this has already been shared on here, but this game looks pretty promising. I also think it's pretty cool that these Chinese and South Korean game studios are creating triple A games now. I'm not sure why there haven't been more of those in the past. I've always liked how Japanese games have often had a different perspective on things compared to western games, and I imagine Chinese and South Korean ones add their own, distinctive flair or moxy to their games as well.

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:50 am

That actually looks pretty cool. I've noticed a slight rise in samurai type games which is a good thing. Ronin by team ninja also looks promising.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:08 am

Far more exited with total conversion mods like this than new "games" tbh.

Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:17 am

Bannerlord finally out of early access (PC), and on consoles. Played almost 800 hours on early access. Laughing

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/official-release.454711/
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:58 pm

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:50 am

Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:57 am

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:18 am

https://futurism.com/oculus-founder-vr-headset-kills?fbclid=IwAR17Lpn-Ffuy0MQ--mnJULrkIkINam_XVApTGYh0J3Cs8zFwYxNtC0v69TQ

Surely, this has to be satire? General Games Discussion - Page 15 1f605
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:57 am

well with a site with terrible font like that it probably is bullshit
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:00 pm

#A40

Game: Tales of Destiny II (Eternia):-
Year: 2000, 2001.
Genre: Action RPG.
Publisher: Namco.
Developer: Wolf Team (Namco).

General Games Discussion - Page 15 Image

Being the third game in the series, but only the second game released in the West after Tales of Destiny, this game was mistakingly branded with Tales of Destiny II moniker as to attract fans of the first PS1 Tales game. This decision would come to bite Namco later when they released the actual sequel to Tales of Destiny on the PS2, which they just called Tales of Destiny 2, using Arabic instead of Roman numerals. This brief history lesson is just a preamble to the actual review and an explanation as to why I am just going to call the game Tales of Eternia of ToE from now on.

One thing the original localization title made clear is that this game is a sequel to the first, and sequels, especially in the video game space, do not only mean a continuation of a story. Indeed, more often than not, sequels constitute an evolution in mechanics and presentation, which is what Tales of Eternia clearly demonstrates.

Here, we see the Tales series maturing in style and mechanics to the treasured JRPG franchise we know and love today, but that's not all that it represents. Despite some minor flaws and shortcomings, this game has the charm to stand tall alongside its more accomplished peers

"The Grand Fall is when Celestia and Inferia come close together... and then... BOOM!!"

The story of several Tales games (and indeed many JRPGs) is centered around the conflict between two worlds, and ToE is a progenitor of that trope. When Reid's quiet and boring life is disturbed by the emergence of a mysterious stranger, his extremely nice and capable childhood friend Farah convinces him to help the troubled stranger.

Obviously, the stranger is from a different world, and at first, the party cannot talk to her due to the language difference, only being able to figure out Meredy as her name. Soon, they are joined by another childhood friend, an obnoxious jerk named Keele, and the grand story reveals itself through the emergence of a literal "grand" catastrophe.

The world of Eternia is divided into two realms facing each other through a magical barrier of sorts, Celestia where Meredy is from, and Inferia where the beginning takes place. Due to some shenanigans happening in Celestia, the two worlds are set to collide in an event defined as "the grand fall".

Most of the story consists of the party's attempts at collecting the support of the world's elemental spirits, maneuvering the political obstacles of the xenophobic ruling class, and resolving minor issues in the places they visit. The stakes get higher as the story develops, and even the ultimate bad guys receive some dimensions to them (albeit too late to be of much substance), but that's not the story's main strength.

Indeed, like with the many Tales games after it, the strength of the story is in its characters, and that's even more pronounced because ToE allows its characters to be jerks sometimes. Both Reid and Keele undergo believable growth through the journey, but Farah shines as an infectious, extremely capable, and occasionally flawed moral core to the party.

Unfortunately, the character dialogue "skits" the series is known for weren't localized for the PS1 version, which is a shame considering the solid voice acting throughout the games (except for a few side characters). You bet, even Meredy's voice actor, which could have been grating with an intentionally foreign-sounding accent was actually mostly well-done and solid throughout, which is just a pleasant surprise considering the game's development era.

"There are people I love that live in this world. I'm not letting them die!"

For a series that is frequently lauded due to its Action RPG battle mechanics (personally, I care more for the battles than the story in the latter game), the first PS1 game was a bit lacking on that front. In comparison, ToE takes great strides in improving the battle system, but it still falls short in some key areas.

Almost immediately, perhaps thanks to the larger and more realistically proportioned sprites, you feel a greater fluidity in how the characters move and attack. Yet, this extra fluidity to the movement doesn't prove useful until much later in the game when you unlock skills that can chain into each other seamlessly. Before that, there is a stunted feeling to the gameplay, especially when you control Farah who I feel doesn't start feeling good to control until the halfway point of the game.

Speaking of controlling other characters, here is where the game massively improves on its predecessor, by allowing you to control any of your character members. However, one of the franchise's core issues is presented here, which is solved differently (and with various degrees of success) in every game but is not solved at all here.

Simply put, it's not fun playing as anyone other than Reid or Farah (and only later with her). Playing as one of the two casters isn't much fun, and neither of the two extra characters is useful in any capacity regardless if controlled by the player or the computer.

So, here we have an improved battle system that still doesn't reach near the heights of its potential, and that is only marginally fun when playing as two out of six characters for the entire game. It's notable progress compared to Tales of Destiny but is far from ideal.

"Spreading lies all over town about the destruction of the world... Kneel before the King! And accept your death sentence"

Another thing that is far from ideal is the heavy linear progression of the game. Given the fact that you are supposed to collect a series of McGuffins, it would have been appreciated if there was some freedom in the order of doing so. Instead, you are going through a linear path, encountering story sequences, going into dungeons, and so on.

Since the game is nicely balanced and continuously moving forward, this is a minor complaint, especially since the latter part of the game gives you a sub and a GPS for you to find the locations based on given coordinates, offering an illusion of exploration.

Outside of dungeons and overworld exploration, there are multiple systems to engage with. First and foremost is the "spell fringe" system, which allows you to equip different elemental spirits to Keele and Meredy, hereby unlocking different spells depending on the combination. It's an engaging system in theory, but there is one hard combination you must follow (give Nurse to Meredy).

Second, there is a cooking system that is actually much improved from the food system in the previous game, and it allows you to quickly recover health and spell points after battle without spending much time in menus (if you refresh frequently with ingredients).

Lastly, as is traditional with games in the series, there are several mini-games to enjoy, and while none of them is quite deep or consequential, they do offer a nice break from the game's linear monotony.

"You Bet!"

Now, let's pivot to talk about the game's graphics and presentation. When talking about the game's battle system, I already suggested that the character sprites are bigger and more detailed than the chibi representation of characters in the first Tales of Destiny, and that alludes nicely to the graphical upgrade that happened to the sequel.

Thankfully, the game's graphics are all done in 2D sprites and backgrounds with little use of 3D models in the overworld. This allowed the art style to shine at the time, and to still look beautiful today. Many of the game's key locations have gorgeous backgrounds, which are complemented really well by the more detailed sprites of the game.

It helps that the art design has a unifying look to it, in both the art style and the world-building details. Houses look livable, with recognizable items to use, and cities look distinct with their own culture but still retain a throughline in design that unifies the look of the game.

Complimenting the in-game graphics are a couple of nicely done CGI cutscenes, which, along with the amount of voice acting in the game, explains the game having 3 CDs.

I already spoke about the solid VA work when talking about the game's story, so let's discuss the game's soundtrack as well which is done by series composers Motoi Sakuraba and Shinji Tamura. With the first game, I felt the soundtrack was promising in some areas, but lacking in its overall scope, and that's no different with this game. This soundtrack is a prime example of Sakuraba at his most basic.

The majority of dungeon and town themes are forgettable, and so were the main battle themes. Only in the latter stages of the game, where some usually throwaway march and/or rebel group songs play did I hear anything memorable and cool. Considering the vastness of the soundtrack, it's a disappointment that it had so few memorable songs in it.

In Conclusion:

Tales of Eternia (or Tales of Destiny II if you prefer) isn't only a massive upgrade over the first PS1 Tales game, but a very good game on its own right. It has a nice and engaging story that is headed by a very good cast of characters, with Farah being a special highlight in both story (and later) and combat.

It helps that the story is being told through surprisingly good voice acting, and is supported by the solid Action RPG gameplay the series will be known for in the future.

Thanks to its great 2D art and sprites, it still looks great today, with the rough but limited 3D polygons adding to its charms rather than subtracting from the overall presentation. It will even allow you to forgive the rather disappointing soundtrack.

Final: 8/10

Pros:

• A rather good and precise story.
  • A nice cast of characters, especially Farah.
  • Surpsisingly good voice acting.
  • Decent Action RPG Battle System when using Reid or Farah.
  • Cooking system is great.
  • The exploration element with the submarine is nice.
  • Very good sprite work.
  • Very good world design with beautiful backgrounds.

Cons:

• Missing the series's trademark "skits".
  • Using any character other than Reid or Farah isn't much fun.
  • Little customization options.
  • Linear progression and exploration.
  • Dissapointing soundtrack.

"Tips"
1- Grab the collector's book from the village's elder at the beginning of the game.
2- You can interact with objects to uncover funny skits and get some detail on the world.
3- To get cooking recipes, interact with out-of-place objects in rooms, which are really quite obvious most of the time. This will uncover the hiding Master Chef.
4- There are some secret areas on the world map, which are mostly obvious to figure out.
5- Cooking is really useful throughout the game.
6- You can assign the shoulder buttons for spell usage by other characters, which you should utilize for healing spells.
7- On the world map, you can press Square to open the travel menu, which gives you hints about what to do next among other things.
8- To unlock Chat as a party member, talk to her to join inside the ship.
9- In the final sections of the game, use the Seyfert Key in the valuables menu for a beacon to show you the correct way.

"Next Game"

After enjoying Tales of Destiny but recognizing its clear flaws, I hoped its sequel on the PS1 improved on it, and that was the case with Tales of Eternia. It would have actually been more impressive to me back then than the Tales series's current status with me these days.

The next game I am reviewing is a Squaresoft cult classic,Brave Fencer Musashi. I don't know what to expect from the game. However, knowing Square's pedigree in that era, I am confident its at least going to be a really interesting game.

Stay Tuned
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:44 pm

my 2022 vidya game rankings

Stray: 6.9/10
GoW:R 8.7/10
Horizon FW: 9/10
Elden Ring 11/10

game awards in a few days hope we see elden ring DLC trailer
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:33 pm

@Firenze
Noticed you're a fellow Genshin gamer, I've been playing it for a couple of months now and I'm obsessed, just got to Inazuma and love it to be obscene lengths.

To the point I still haven't played GoW lmao.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:50 pm

Was just thinking what even released this year, and there's only two interesting games. Well one game, and one total conversion mod.

10 Mount&Blade 2: Bannerlord which is the best game of the last decade or so.
x Elder Kings 2 (haven't played yet)

That's it.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:09 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:@Firenze
Noticed you're a fellow Genshin gamer, I've been playing it for a couple of months now and I'm obsessed, just got to Inazuma and love it to be obscene lengths.

I actually only played it at launch for about 6 months (apparently I have 400 hrs into it tho?????)

went back about a year ago and cleared what was available of inazuma

then some friends were hyping it recently so I went back myself maybe a week ago? just finished Inazuma (bar a specific area, but the main questline is done)

I checked my friends list and thought I saw you had played it recently, heh

very surprised to hear you got hooked on it tbh

combat is very satisfying though and the game is stunning, OST, ambience..locations etc (fuck a lot of the gimmicks in Inazuma tho)

we'll see how long I last tbh, I always liked clearing the story stuff but my interest wanes between them cuz i dont like to farm domains for artifacts

I actually have a Genshin friend who is an expert schooling me rn so I can fix and farm the correct setups for my units lol

sucks that its pretty stingy as a F2P game but the good thing about being away for so long and letting content accumulate is that I'm getting tons of currency

want that Alhaitham character who is releasing next month

but yeah its a very high quality game

clear of BOTW imo
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:15 pm

Firenze wrote:my 2022 vidya game rankings

Stray: 6.9/10
GoW:R 8.7/10
Horizon FW: 9/10
Elden Ring 11/10

game awards in a few days hope we see elden ring DLC trailer

Stray 6/10
Horizon FW 9/10
Elden Ring 10/10 (so far, haven't finished it yet, I just finished Leyndell)

A top 2022 game for me
Triangle Strategy 8/10

God of War will come soon, I'm currently playing Crash 4 (shits on Elden Ring in terms of difficulty). Then I'll decide of finishing Elden Ring first or jumping into GoW.

Too many good games coming out recently and too little time to play. Crisis Core, Midnight Suns, NFS Unbound, Live a Live, Tactics Ogre, Forspoken, Hogwarts Legacy, etc, etc.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:29 pm

Same, so many games on the list, so little time to play

The Witcher 3: 10/10
Mafia 3: 7/10
Stray: 7/10

Those are the only non-sport games i finished this year

Stray was an easy platinum, i enjoyed it, probably just because cats >>>> all
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:27 pm

Firenze wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:@Firenze

I actually only played it at launch for about 6 months (apparently I have 400 hrs into it tho?????)

went back about a year ago and cleared what was available of inazuma

then some friends were hyping it recently so I went back myself maybe a week ago? just finished Inazuma (bar a specific area, but the main questline is done)

I checked my friends list and thought I saw you had played it recently, heh

very surprised to hear you got hooked on it tbh

combat is very satisfying though and the game is stunning, OST, ambience..locations etc (fuck a lot of the gimmicks in Inazuma tho)

we'll see how long I last tbh, I always liked clearing the story stuff but my interest wanes between them cuz i dont like to farm domains for artifacts

I actually have a Genshin friend who is an expert schooling me rn so I can fix and farm the correct setups for my units lol

sucks that its pretty stingy as a F2P game but the good thing about being away for so long and letting content accumulate is that I'm getting tons of currency

want that Alhaitham character who is releasing next month

but yeah its a very high quality game

clear of BOTW imo

Basically one of my best friends who I met through playing Gwent has been playing it for two years and every time she's like Mole play it if you need any help I'm here and she's kinda good (fully clears Abyss etc) when I tried it before I tried to do it myself and got overwhelmed.

This time I'm letting her teach me lmao and I'm loving it so much, it basically feels like what BOTW should have been to me but I'm getting new stuff to do all the time?!

I'm obsessed honestly but it is overwhelming at first, if I didn't have friends to guide me I'd probably give up tbh I'm extremely grateful for them.

I'm currently stocking up Primos for Raiden, can't wait to go ham on wishes when she drops.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:42 pm

Haven't gamed in 3 months but saw elden ring is bringing out new pvp modes

*Heavy breathing intensifies*
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:19 pm

aint nobody got time for that

I assume it means legit DLC announcement tonight at the game awards, cuz it was rolled out with no ceremony
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:26 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-iHDj3EwdI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRaobDJjiec

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOmTBfDD6a4
M99
M99