Jay29
Nishankly
Firenze
El Gunner
Winter is Coming
48 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

2021/2022 Premier League Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: 2021/2022 Premier League Discussion

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun 19 Sep - 9:05

halamadrid2 wrote:So Sancho, is it too early to call him a flop
halamadrid2 wrote:One difference I have seen between Bundesliga and other leagues is the amount of open space there is in the Bundesliga. You could literally run in a straight line unopposed.

Sancho wouldn't be the first to look underwhelming outside the Bundesliga
`
What happened to you

or were you always that bad a poster and I didn't notice?

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

2021/2022 Premier League Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: 2021/2022 Premier League Discussion

Post by halamadrid2 Sun 19 Sep - 9:08

I am sorry we don't share the same opinions.

It's ok, I know Thiago being fifth choice is making you bitter Rolling Eyes
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun 19 Sep - 9:11

Not to add wood to the fire, but Werner is a complete fraud of a striker.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun 19 Sep - 9:17

Chelsea dominating Spurs away, they looking good, so hard to break down and physically strong, organized, also able to create a lot and now got Lukaku up front instead of Werner lol.... Werner should just be a winger or something, not a striker.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun 19 Sep - 9:20

sportsczy wrote:Not to add wood to the fire, but Werner is a complete fraud of a striker.

And Jovic and countless other frauds to come out of that league.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun 19 Sep - 9:20

halamadrid2 wrote:So Sancho, is it too early to call him a flop

Extremely early. Give him at least a season or two before we start throwing the word "flop". Remember, he did come from the Bundesliga where guys like Werner, Kuranyi and Nabi Keita look really good so he'll need some real adaptation.

But Sancho's talent is undeniable honestly.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun 19 Sep - 9:22

I am struggling to see any positives in his play tbh. But we'll see how he looks after Christmas. Him being benched now will hardly help him adapt
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun 19 Sep - 9:25

Werner looks good in link up play, thats what he used to do best for NT and Lepzieg anyway right? He should just do this from now on, rotate as being SS for Lukaku.

Rudiger joining the fun even, what a beast.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun 19 Sep - 10:05

Sometimes I wish that Ibra played next to Werner. Just to see his reaction after Werner misses a big chance. I'm convinced you'd hear him on camera roasting him and potentially cause a bust-up in the dressing room.

He bullied guys like Hakan for way less. rofl
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun 19 Sep - 10:21

It's interesting to me that EPL hasn't figured out how to take advantage of Silva yet.

1-  You don't beat his direct cover for speed.  You put speed against him so he drops off.  That pushed the offsides line lower and it opens the opposite side for runs.  That's how you take advantage of his lack of foot speed.

2-  He's not always in the proper position to defend in the air.  That's where you challenge him directly.  He makes mistakes.

Not that these are gaping issues that you can always take advantage of.  BUT, if you are going to target him, this is the way to do it.  Wonder if any EPL managers watched PSG games.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun 19 Sep - 10:33

I know it is too early but it will be difficult for anyone else to stay with Chelsea in the course of 38 games in a season. I always wondered if Tuchel will be given enough support from the club. I guess Tuchel got all the players he wanted. I would be the first to admit that I thought Tuchel will fade away at Chelsea slowly. I dont see Chelsea slowing at all this season with their incredible amount of depth.

Liverpool's top 2 goalscorers will leave in Jan 22 for Africa Cup of Nations. Klopp has already started to rotate the squad but we will see if it works in the long terms during the season. This is something new for Klopp. Man City - they will be there of course even without a striker. Who knows they might try to get Lewa in Jan if they can not get anyone else. Otherwise I dont see ManCity this season to be that consistent to match Chelsea.

I just hope though that all top 3 or 4 teams will remain in the hunt till the end, making the season exciting.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun 19 Sep - 11:30

Casciavit wrote:Sometimes I wish that Ibra played next to Werner. Just to see his reaction after Werner misses a big chance. I'm convinced you'd hear him on camera roasting him and potentially cause a bust-up in the dressing room.

i can only imagine

@Helmer nevermind the AFCON, Liverpool is only a Salah dip in form away from dropping off pace
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun 19 Sep - 11:39

BarcaLearning wrote:Chelsea dominating Spurs away, they looking good, so hard to break down and physically strong, organized, also able to create a lot and now got Lukaku up front instead of Werner lol.... Werner should just be a winger or something, not a striker.

I didn't watch the match, but Spurs are missing many of their key players, if I'm not mistaken. Off the top of my head, Son and Lucas Moura were not expected to play against City, so a loss looked very likely before the match had even started.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sun 19 Sep - 11:43

Thimmy wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:Chelsea dominating Spurs away, they looking good, so hard to break down and physically strong, organized, also able to create a lot and now got Lukaku up front instead of Werner lol.... Werner should just be a winger or something, not a striker.

I didn't watch the match, but Spurs are missing many of their key players, if I'm not mistaken. Off the top of my head, Son and Lucas Moura were not expected to play against City, so a loss looked very likely before the match had even started.

Son played.

Spurs were marginally better in the first half, but once Chelsea upped the intensity and scored, it was only going one way.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun 19 Sep - 11:48

Yeah, I just checked the match lineup. I don't know how likely they were to beat Man City with or without him. Had assumed that they would've rested him for this match, since he's not fully fit.

2021/2022 Premier League Discussion - Page 14 Skjerm26

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun 19 Sep - 13:01

Lord Spencer wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

Son played.

Spurs were marginally better in the first half, but once Chelsea upped the intensity and scored, it was only going one way.

Kante at HT was the game changer, masterclass sub from Tuchel. He knows how to use players to their strengths.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun 19 Sep - 13:03

El Gunner wrote:
Casciavit wrote:Sometimes I wish that Ibra played next to Werner. Just to see his reaction after Werner misses a big chance. I'm convinced you'd hear him on camera roasting him and potentially cause a bust-up in the dressing room.

i can only imagine

@Helmer nevermind the AFCON, Liverpool is only a Salah dip in form away from dropping off pace

Waiting since 4 years for that drop or are we gonna big man people from saying "I told you so" considering last season, where we still managed to finish 3rd rofl

Liverpool can appear as god tomorrow and people will say you are shite and overperforming.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun 19 Sep - 13:12

Thing is even though Chelsea are so tight defensively and adding Kante at HT, they still scored 3 while just having 2 up front, they more or less counter or attack so efficiently despite not really have the best attacking players, even Azpi doesnt offer much on the right, Alonso on the left does a lot though.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun 19 Sep - 13:34

Nishankly wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

i can only imagine

Waiting since 4 years for that drop or are we gonna big man people from saying "I told you so" considering last season, where we still managed to finish 3rd rofl

Liverpool can appear as god tomorrow and people will say you are shite and overperforming.

oh please are you back with your Liverpool overhyping again. Liverpool clearly dropped off last season. They've started this season hot, i won't deny that. Arnold is back on form, Henderson is scoring worldies, Tsimikas is emerging, young Eliot played well too before he broke his leg, Van Dijk is beasting again. But Salah is your biggest offensive edge. Based on current form of Jota and Mane, i don't see them carrying Liverpool enough if Salah hits a rough patch during the season. Which im not saying he will per se, im just saying that if he does, Chelsea will start to slightly pull away
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun 19 Sep - 13:55

None of us overhype Liverpool we actually always underplay ourselves, we are the first people to tell you we are riding our luck Laughing

I just don't understand how you people say things when the only example of your "inshallah Liverpool will drop off" is last season where every player was gone for 3 months on average.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun 19 Sep - 14:08

and all you need to understand is that being gone due to injury is a part of "drop off"
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun 19 Sep - 14:18

El Gunner wrote:and all you need to understand is that being gone due to injury is a part of "drop off"

Why can't you say the same for other teams then? Especially when most of our major game-changing injuries were opposition player induced rather than system induced? If you are trotting the lines where I can say right now "Lukaku, Jorginho being fit are the only things keeping Chelsea in the race"/ "United won't win the title if Ronaldo gets injured", then yes please feel free but that opinion is kinda useless no like literally stating the obvious?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun 19 Sep - 14:31

Why can't you say the same for other teams then?
because no other team came off the level which Liverpool were playing at for 3 years, they were always bound to drop off, it's simple human biology

Chelsea just scored a whole 3 goals today without Lukaku scoring, Jorginho didn't even have one of his best games. I couldn't be bothered with United, they don't have the midfield to last the entire season, and i can't stand their refereeing bias.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun 19 Sep - 15:19

that West Ham game's final 10 mins or so was peak football

so many stories, Lingardinho coming back to score against the team who were too cheap to pay for him over the summer coming off of a great season for em, De Gea saving his first penalty in years in the 95th min after we were denied 2 stonewall penalties

getting a magical feeling tbh, we are winning the league
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun 19 Sep - 15:55

Firenze wrote:that West Ham game's final 10 mins or so was peak football

so many stories, Lingardinho coming back to score against the team who were too cheap to pay for him over the summer coming off of a great season for em, De Gea saving his first penalty in years in the 95th min after we were denied 2 stonewall penalties

getting a magical feeling tbh, we are winning the league

Prime Fergie vibes having Antonio banned and then especially the goals Ronaldo has been putting back into the net against those who need one decent keeper, no one can stop you :bow:

Considering the penalties, nothing new for the PL. Zaha, Grealish, Mane etc never get those either way so I just see prime unbeatable Fergie vibes for the league this season :bow:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun 19 Sep - 16:02

El Gunner wrote:
Why can't you say the same for other teams then?
because no other team came off the level which Liverpool were playing at for 3 years, they were always bound to drop off, it's simple human biology

Chelsea just scored a whole 3 goals today without Lukaku scoring, Jorginho didn't even have one of his best games. I couldn't be bothered with United, they don't have the midfield to last the entire season, and i can't stand their refereeing bias.

Sure lets see the drop off, Klopp has always been shit between Jan to March with every Liverpool squad, assuming you do already see the drop off outside that then okay, something to look forward too.

Looking at your own posts, a whole season Tuchel and a fit LFC squad would have taken that strikerless City to the ropes for the title last season, especially considering LFC averaged 98 points per season until they lost most players through injury. but yeah you make a statement on human biology and lets see how that goes in terms of injuries for the LFC team and not titles.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next