Kaladin
Arquitecto
Robespierre
29 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Calcio Saga 21/22 - Page 25 Empty Re: Calcio Saga 21/22

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:31 pm

rincon wrote:The objective would be CL spots but with 7 teams tight in the race it'll be difficult.

Napoli, Inter, and Milan started strong for 3 of those spots

cheeky reverse jinx attempt there but you and me both know that an Allegri managed Juve will be up there at the end of the season.

In 15/16, Juve had 5 points after 6 games and still ended up walking the league with over 90 points.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:41 pm

I think rincon was talking from Roma's perspective

Of course Max will lead us to the top 4 at least, current results don't mean much
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:25 pm

I was indeed answering from Roma perspective

I'm also not into reverse jinxing. I'm not gonna blindly assume that we'll win the league just because Max is back, those expectations left with Ronaldo.

Back then we had Buffon, Barzagli, younger Chiellini and Bonucci, Marchisio, Litchsteiner, and Mandzukic to act as leaders and pull through any situation. Now the team is mentally dismantled and carrying too many passengers.

We will struggle to make CL spots. Inter, Milan, and Napoli are already in the running, while we also have Atalanta, Lazio, and Roma to compete with.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:13 pm

Warrior wrote:I think rincon was talking from Roma's perspective

Of course Max will lead us to the top 4 at least, current results don't mean much

rincon wrote:I was indeed answering from Roma perspective

I know he was/you were, I just thought it funny how he names Inter, Milan and Napoli and hides Juve as also rans

I also realize the team isn't as good now, but that poor start back then came also when he had to rebuild, and rebuild he did. He will build a winning team in no time, and it will win games. Will it be enough to win the scudetto, I don't know, but frankly I'm cynical enough about the contenders to say yes.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:00 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

I know he was/you were, I just thought it funny how he names Inter, Milan and Napoli and hides Juve as also rans

I also realize the team isn't as good now, but that poor start back then came also when he had to rebuild, and rebuild he did. He will build a winning team in no time, and it will win games. Will it be enough to win the scudetto, I don't know, but frankly I'm cynical enough about the contenders to say yes.

The poor start back then came because the squad was mentally fatigued, not because it needed rebuilding. Something that didn't even happen, Allegri simply shored up the defense and let Pogba do his thing. The next year there was a completely different team.

The current squad is actually very good, but it's suited for a more offensive type of football than Allegri is comfortable with. The other big problem is that the competition is much better now: Inter and Napoli are at about the same level, Atalanta are not far behind and none of them need rebuilding. And most of the teams like to play aggresively, something that we always struggled with. I would like to say that parking the bus and counterattacking would be the best bet, but we don't have the players. Bentancur, de Ligt, Locatelli are not made for that
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:23 am

Yeah we're aiming for top 4 and maybe one of the Coppa or the Conference League. We have a better shot at the latter. Top 4 is the overall goal though.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:52 am

Cool... and nothing against Juve, but just as it would if it were say German league where one team walks the league every season for most years consecutively. Its really refreshing to see a race involving so many teams. The Serie A dont have the biggest stars and this current season should makes for more tense and enjoyable spectacle.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:58 am

adun101 wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

The poor start back then came because the squad was mentally fatigued, not because it needed rebuilding. Something that didn't even happen, Allegri simply shored up the defense and let Pogba do his thing. The next year there was a completely different team.

The current squad is actually very good, but it's suited for a more offensive type of football than Allegri is comfortable with. The other big problem is that the competition is much better now: Inter and Napoli are at about the same level, Atalanta are not far behind and none of them need rebuilding. And most of the teams like to play aggresively, something that we always struggled with. I would like to say that parking the bus and counterattacking would be the best bet, but we don't have the players. Bentancur, de Ligt, Locatelli are not made for that

You'd lost Tevez and Vidal, and Marchisio was out injured, wasn't he
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:43 pm

Pirlo too

We were starting Lemina and Hernanes next to Pogba for a while. Our year really starts when Marchisio comes back like 2 months into the season
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:26 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
adun101 wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

You'd lost Tevez and Vidal, and Marchisio was out injured, wasn't he

The first two were replaced by Dybala and Khedira. The one that we didn't replace was Pirlo, but we added Mandzukic and Cuadrado. Anyway, what turned the season around was going back to a 3 men backline. We went from 15 goals allowed in the first half of the season to 5 in the second, with Buffon beating (by a few minutes) Rossi's record of invincibility
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:49 pm

We are (and I guess everyone else too) linked with Lorenzo Lucca, supposedly with an advantage since Chiellini's brother is his agent.

21 year old CF at the top of the scorer table in Serie B with 5 goals in 6 matches. Scored 13 goals last season was Serie C. 2 meters tall and much more mobile than his height suggests, from highlights looks really interesting. Haven't watched a match of his though.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:48 pm

Looking more and more like Allegri's Juve.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:17 pm

Milan could have had Locatelli for free if we had any sort of consistency in the past. Shit, we should have sold him with buy-back clauses and such Chelsea things.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:58 pm

Sassuolo murdering Inter right now
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:00 pm

And Dzeko scores within seconds of coming on
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:19 pm

That's never a pen Laughing

That being said, Sassulo was dominant for 55 minutes, Handanovic basically saves Inter several times. Inzaghi does four subs and Inter dominates the next 20 minutes.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:22 pm

That kind of body contact happens normally all over the pitch. It's strange that the GK doesn't get a favorable decision on that.

Not the worst penalty to give.

Sassuolo should have scored at least twice before the 55th minute. Since Dzeko and four others came in, it was only a matter of time till Inter scores a second.

This is the kind of clutch performance that wins the league by the way. More pressure on Milan and Napoli in two key matches.

Last edited by Lord Spencer on Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:28 pm

Sassuolo robbed

By far the better team
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:42 pm

Kaladin wrote:Sassuolo robbed

By far the better team

Because of Cakir also today Sad
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:56 pm

Seriously I understand Milan are used to receive 20 penaltys every season but if the Defrel 's dive is a penalty ...

https://media.giphy.com/media/Jkk9vHhA8yjygxZnH6/giphy-downsized-large.gif
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:34 pm

Like many of our penalties last season, this one for Inter was due to their dominant display after the 55th minute. They were going to score a second with a pen or without. I don't think it should have been a pen though (and I certainly don't think some pens against/for Milan are correct either).

Sassuolo dominated for 55 minutes, but they couldn't score more than one goal thanks to a dominant Handanovitch display (he looks bad when he doesn't move for saves, but I think jumping aimlessly wouldn't save 80% of those chances).

Later, with some masterful subs by Inzaghi, Inter just completely controlled the match. Pressure on for tomorrow, and a tricky match won by Inter whose clutch performance so far the sign of league winning teams.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:14 pm

probably tie was the proper result at the end, Sassuolo made better for 50' but  I feel it's a good compensation for Sampdoria- Inter . Inter tied that match against Sampdoria after having missed easy chances on 2-2 with Calhanoglu and Dzeko
league is usually this, you waste points and you recuperate them with a poorer performance
Inter didn't do good because this match coincided with worst individual performance in a long time of players that usually carry Inter : De Vrij, Barella, Skriniar , Bastoni..
I mean if even these 4 play badly it becomes hard.
i don't count Calhanoglu and Correa because it was expected from these 2, the Turkish is a mediocre proven player, Correa is incosistent ( proven this too ) and came from a recent injury

Light was him and he is playin' so good for months
That Bayern year made it stronger
Ivan Perisic

Calcio Saga 21/22 - Page 25 FAw3srwX0AAOT0K?format=jpg&name=small
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:17 pm

Meanwhile Bologna  - Lazio  3-0
and Acerbi received  a red card (so he'll miss next match against Inter)
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:42 pm

Unreal result for Bologna

Also, what happened to Orsolini? Guy was supposed to move to Fiorentina, and he was a considerable talent. I recall he had a few great games last season as well.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:14 pm

If Lazio dont afford themselves a goalkeeper who isn't trash they will not even make the Europa League.

Then again with the cheapest owner in football in that scum Lotito one can bet that wont ever happen.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:27 pm

I wonder if there's a stat out there that tells you which coaches had the most goals scored from a tying or losing position with 10 minutes to go. Allegri has to be there. I'll never forget his Milan side in 12/13 and the amount of last min wins/ties we had.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next