Myesyats
halamadrid2
RealGunner
Kaladin
M99
31 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Mauricio Pochettino - new coach of PSG - Page 3 Empty Re: Mauricio Pochettino - new coach of PSG

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 27, 2021 2:02 pm

Apparently he is considering to leave PSG after half a season, his relationship with Leonardo is not good. Spurs are in contact with him and he could be an option for Madrid too

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Mauricio Pochettino - new coach of PSG - Page 3 Empty Re: Mauricio Pochettino - new coach of PSG

Post by S Thu May 27, 2021 3:38 pm

Zidane and Ronaldo are going to be reunited at PSG aren't they..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 27, 2021 3:52 pm

Not sure Zidane would coach PSG given his Marseille ties, unlikely for now, he would become hated there
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu May 27, 2021 4:34 pm

If Zidane goes over to coach PSG i am going to stab someone. He better not fevking dare. Take the France job ffs
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu May 27, 2021 4:37 pm

Zidane is probably eyeing up France NT hmm
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:16 pm

Reports that he has told PSG he wants to leave. PSG are denying for now.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:40 pm

Why would he want to.leave so bad after 4 months ? This all sounds like media bull to me
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:07 am

The problem is that he hasn't come out and denied it... and there are several media in France picking it up now.  Although, I must say Liberation broke the story and they're not really the right media for PSG.  But who knows.

Managers at PSG are similar to what Madrid used to be...  the star players can go straight to the president and he forces decisions on the manager.  It makes it impossible.

Last edited by sportsczy on Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:25 am

i havent followed the inner workings of psg so i dont know much. but what was the reason they fired tuchel? was he really that bad? considering i cant remember off the top of my head who they had before him, i thought he was a good manager for them, at least got them to the finals, no?
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:47 am

Problem of PSG is their sporting Director who doesn’t get along with anyone, his name is Leonardo. How bad is it that your manager is thinking about leaving after 6 months lol.

As Sports said he has not denied it, Madrid were thinking about it but they didn’t have time to wait to see how it plays out.

What works for PSG is the fact that Madrid hired Carlo today, so Pochettino would be going where? Spurs? A club where their best player wants out? No CL, far from having a competitive squad to win the title. Ultimately I think he will stay where he is because he needs to win some easy trophies, he is a « loser » for now, couldn’t even win Ligue 1 lol.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:14 am

titosantill wrote:i havent followed the inner workings of psg so i dont know much. but what was the reason they fired tuchel? was he really that bad? considering i cant remember off the top of my head who they had before him, i thought he was a good manager for them, at least got them to the finals, no?

Tuchel was terrible for PSG. What they want in terms of game and his tactics just didn't mix... the players didn't fit either. PSG's top players, bar Mbappe, like possession. Tuchel likes direct counter attacks at full speed. He tried to find a compromise and build around Neymar, who wants the ball at his feet... and it was mostly horrible.

It takes a specific kind of manager to handle superstars. Tuchel isn't that kind of manager. Chelsea is perfect for him because, despite many good players, they don't have a susperstar.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:47 am

Poch improved on Tuchel's PPG but came up just short. Whatever. He came in in January.

Regardless, Spurs will always be an option for Poch because he loves Spurs. Objectively not the decision you would see a manager like him make, but for Poch, there is more than just objectivity to it.

I could see him coming back if he's really that miserable
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:54 am

Poch improved on Tuchel’s PPG by losing the league for the first time since 2016. Amazing cheers
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:24 am

How does Poch xG compare to Tuchel xG?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:50 am

I didn't say he was successful but calling him a failure at PSG would be stupid. That's not even the point of post but l guess if you'd rather make a dumb joke than make a positive or contributory comment that's your prerogative
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:31 pm

There hasn't been enough time to call him anything at PSG at this point. After this coming season, different story.

There are strong signs that Mbappe will extend so he will have a heck of a team.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:17 pm

sportsczy wrote:There hasn't been enough time to call him anything at PSG at this point. After this coming season, different story.

There are strong signs that Mbappe will extend so he will have a heck of a team.

Exactly
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:23 pm

I’m not sure what kind of response you expected to your routine bigging up of Pochettino hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:07 pm

Poch really falls short in mounting the points to win a trophy or a league but his strong suit is not that for it is team building, man management and youth development and at that he plays the lo(ooooo)ng game, but creates a superb foundation.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:58 pm

Thimmy wrote:I’m not sure what kind of response you expected to your routine bigging up of Pochettino hmm

I didn't big him up. Where would you get that idea?

I was just pointing out that calling him a failure for not winning ligue 1 after starting in January is stupid as shit. Which is a fair point. If Poch had come in and did much worse than Tuchel in the league, then I think some criticism is warranted even if it would still be premature. That's not the case though.

It's not hard to wait for a full season or close to it and judge then. It's, in fact, the easiest thing you can do. If he fails to win ligue 1 in that situation he should obviously be clowned.

You can see what you want to see though, that's not on me.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:28 am

Some rumors that Poche may be let go if Zidane accepts the job at PSG... and Poche would return to Spurs.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:51 pm

From the look of things today, Pochettino is staying at PSG. They extended his deal to 2023 and as Fabrizio Romano reported, he is involved with PSG hijacking the deal for Wijnaldum. PSG haven’t been offering the coaching job to Zidane, not sure where he will go from here, some time off most likely

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:57 pm

Is under massive pressure to deliver the CL isn't he

What an incredible mercato PSG have just had. Clearly the Arabs don't give a flying fuck about FFP now that UEFA are firmly in their pockets.

This is probably the best squad PSG have ever assembled and probably their best chance to win the CL.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:15 pm

NO EXCUSES

Champions League victory or failure
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:01 pm

He was never going to leave Laughing all this media circle just to end up on the same place
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:17 am

It's only a matter of time that they finally win this. They reached two semis in two consecutive semis. the experience is there. they have the right squad and the coach i think.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next