The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Warrior on Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:13 am

Vibe has posted recently ? He's on the frontline

Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Posts : 6686
Join date : 2016-05-25

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Vibe on Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:28 pm

Still on the frontline unfortunately. I don't have much time as you can imagine but I still read the forum.

The situation has definitely improved, a lot. I spent my shift last night without a single new case. How long that lasts, remains to be seen.

Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 7758
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 20

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by JespSwe on Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:43 pm

@Vibe wrote:Still on the frontline unfortunately. I don't have much time as you can imagine but I still read the forum.

The situation has definitely improved, a lot. I spent my shift last night without a single new case. How long that lasts, remains to be seen.



good on you Vibe! be safe out there and wish you and ur family well. look forward to seeing u regularly when dust settles.
JespSwe
JespSwe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 6022
Join date : 2011-07-09

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Vibe on Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:03 pm

I don't think I got as much support from family and friends as I got from Jesp.

You legend :bow:
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 7758
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 20

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by JespSwe on Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:35 pm

@Vibe wrote:I don't think I got as much support from family and friends as I got from Jesp.

You legend :bow:


hahaha deep down we know that you are fighting big battle to save as many lives as possible risking ur own so sending all the positive vibes and energy - we got ur back bro, keep us updated.

same to everyone also, drinking keep urself safe and hope the worst goes behind soon
JespSwe
JespSwe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 6022
Join date : 2011-07-09

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Babun on Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:24 am

India with a sad record of 79,457 infected in a day.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6918
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Robespierre on Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:22 pm

Different country , same reality : the dregs of society  go hand in hand




Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 15444
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Robespierre on Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:29 pm

And It's soon to talk about 2nd wave. Don't deceive.

in Autumn we'll have back the traditional  seasonal influences who mixed with Covid generate the worst effects.

Atm   many cases again Italy for example . But deaths aren't many unlike of "1st wave" .  
That's why the middle age lowered too much . Now it's around  43 years :/ Holidays have taken to this .

I don't know how other countries have worked for the schools,  if opened or not during Covid, but Italy 've closed every school since March and after whole months - where you'd have could think concrete solutions- we are under total improvisation in September.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 15444
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Jay29 on Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:59 pm

I'm kinda optimistic the resurgence expected in the colder months won't be as bad as first feared. Local lockdowns have worked to contain spread, mask wearing and social distancing are integrated parts of every day life now, and we have better means to fight the infection. Seasonal conditions will spark an increase but it shouldn't be as bad as it was back in March/April for Europe. If it is, we'll have really fucked up.

At the moment, Covid is a young person's disease. Death rates have fallen predominantly because it's younger people getting the virus after economies re-opened and travelling was permitted. It's still a massive problem because these people will infect older and more vulnerable people, but for now the situation isn't as grim as it was.

In the UK, schools were open only for kids of key workers. Now they're fully opening again this week, but with "bubbles" based on year groups. The government have new guidelines in place in case infections spike, such as doing two weeks at school followed by two weeks of home learning (introduced at the last minute, of course, in true Boris Johnson fashion). Secondary school students in areas under local lockdown have to mask up, whereas it's entirely the school's decision anywhere else.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla
Posts : 19512
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Babun on Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:19 pm

@Robespierre wrote:And It's soon to talk about 2nd wave. Don't deceive.

in Autumn we'll have back the traditional  seasonal influences who mixed with Covid generate the worst effects.

Atm   many cases again Italy for example . But deaths aren't many unlike of "1st wave" .  
That's why the middle age lowered too much . Now it's around  43 years :/ Holidays have taken to this .

I don't know how other countries have worked for the schools,  if opened or not during Covid, but Italy 've closed every school since March and after whole months - where you'd have could think concrete solutions- we are under total improvisation in September.

The school year has already started here. The strategy is to teach the kids in isolated groups but without the masks. This way if someone is sick only the teacher and the kids of the said group are going to be quarantined. When they go outside or to eat a meal a face mask and washing the hands before entering the room are required. The rooms are also separated for the day.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6918
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Nishankly on Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:42 pm

@Babun wrote:India with a sad record of 79,457 infected in a day.


we ded
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 19949
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Babun on Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:05 pm

@Nishankly wrote:
@Babun wrote:India with a sad record of 79,457 infected in a day.


we ded

Not ded, still doing better than Engurland in average but to be expected of a large 1 billion + people nation.
I'm not too optimistic about the situation in Europe nearing winter. Flu+cold+Wuhan virus will be a deadly cocktail for some.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6918
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:11 pm

@Jay29 wrote:I'm kinda optimistic the resurgence expected in the colder months won't be as bad as first feared. Local lockdowns have worked to contain spread, mask wearing and social distancing are integrated parts of every day life now, and we have better means to fight the infection. Seasonal conditions will spark an increase but it shouldn't be as bad as it was back in March/April for Europe. If it is, we'll have really fucked up.

At the moment, Covid is a young person's disease. Death rates have fallen predominantly because it's younger people getting the virus after economies re-opened and travelling was permitted. It's still a massive problem because these people will infect older and more vulnerable people, but for now the situation isn't as grim as it was.

In the UK, schools were open only for kids of key workers. Now they're fully opening again this week, but with "bubbles" based on year groups. The government have new guidelines in place in case infections spike, such as doing two weeks at school followed by two weeks of home learning (introduced at the last minute, of course, in true Boris Johnson fashion). Secondary school students in areas under local lockdown have to mask up, whereas it's entirely the school's decision anywhere else.

This is prettty much my own take as of late. There'll be a 2nd wave, cases may even be bigger, but the mortality rate will be much lower. Social distancing et all will need to be followed, but hospitals are unlikely to get overwhelmed (which is the real concern).
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 26350
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Nishankly on Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:46 pm

@Babun wrote:
@Nishankly wrote:
@Babun wrote:India with a sad record of 79,457 infected in a day.


we ded

Not ded, still doing better than Engurland in average but to be expected of a large 1 billion + people nation.
I'm not too optimistic about the situation in Europe nearing winter. Flu+cold+Wuhan virus will be a deadly cocktail for some.


We are doing quite well with our recovery rate, just can't handle the continuous new forming clusters which isn't a surprise to anyone.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 19949
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Babun on Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:49 am

France recorded about 9000 infections per day, smells like a second wave for them.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6918
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Art Morte on Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:58 am

How are ICU and fatality numbers in whatever countries?

There's just one person in intensive care in Finland at the moment, in spite of daily cases trending upwards for a month or so. One doctor was speculating that the virus might have mutated to a less severe strain. Or maybe it could be that proportionally more younger people have been getting infected, as they tend to take more risks in regards to infection. A less lethal mutation would be good news, I suppose.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 17817
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Jay29 on Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:39 pm

About 2,000 new cases and 10 deaths reported in the UK yesterday. ICU numbers remain low.

The curve is creeping upwards again but growth is slow rather than experiential. I think the R number was hovering around 0.9-1.1 on average here, but obviously that'll be higher in the North West where there are a local lockdowns.

Also there was a report today on tests being too sensitive and picking up dead virus fragments, which may be inflating the figures a little bit. So the situation might actually be better than what's being reported.

Whack-a-Covid seems to be working at the moment.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla
Posts : 19512
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:55 pm

Argentina (0.6% world population) has recently broken in the top 10 by amount of cases, and that's with our covid tests coming in at 50% positive, so the real number could be exponentially higher.

Couple factors:
-We have the longest lockdown in the world, and people are sick of it. We locked down too early when we didn't need to, and now that we need to people won't follow it.
-Seasonality, it's now winter.
-Very touchy culture, greeting people by kissing them in the cheek regardless of sex, sundays with the boys or larger family is a huge part of culture, etc. Simply can't do stay at home culturally.
-Poor infrastructure. Wouldn't trust my ability to WFH with slow AF internet and the occasional blackout, many people still trying to go to work because after such a long lockdown they need a source of income.
-Hospitals are completely overrun
-More details, once again we've become an example of what not to do according to the international media: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/comment/argentina-perfect-evidence-that-lockdown-are-a-disaster/

Meanwhile the government has adopted draconian measures. You need a permit just to be outside your home. People in the capital have a huge amount of trouble leaving it and are essentially locked in. The economy is, predictably, in complete collapse.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 26350
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Babun on Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:07 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:Argentina (0.6% world population) has recently broken in the top 10 by amount of cases, and that's with our covid tests coming in at 50% positive, so the real number could be exponentially higher.

Couple factors:
-We have the longest lockdown in the world, and people are sick of it. We locked down too early when we didn't need to, and now that we need to people won't follow it.
-Seasonality, it's now winter.
-Very touchy culture, greeting people by kissing them in the cheek regardless of sex, sundays with the boys or larger family is a huge part of culture, etc. Simply can't do stay at home culturally.
-Poor infrastructure. Wouldn't trust my ability to WFH with slow AF internet and the occasional blackout, many people still trying to go to work because after such a long lockdown they need a source of income.
-Hospitals are completely overrun
-More details, once again we've become an example of what not to do according to the international media: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/comment/argentina-perfect-evidence-that-lockdown-are-a-disaster/

Meanwhile the government has adopted draconian measures. You need a permit just to be outside your home. People in the capital have a huge amount of trouble leaving it and are essentially locked in. The economy is, predictably, in complete collapse.
How much of a factor is winter? Was the influence huge or it was rising before, too?
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6918
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:12 am

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 3 Rz4F8wk

hard to separate from the rest, but we were doing pretty good until late april
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 26350
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by CBarca on Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:20 am

WI's positivity rate has been shooting up for a while now. Cases and % positive are now taking off after a university in the middle of a college town decided to come back in person. This is a school known as a premier "party school" in a state with an extremely ingrained drinking culture.

Who could have known the "Smart Restart" could have failed?

In any case we're not an outlier compared to other Big 10 schools. Between colleges and weather, me thinks Midwest might start to get hit harder.

With that being said, you might hope that college students just infect each other. They might actually not be interacting very much with the community at large. And I imagine the school goes online in a couple weeks anyway
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 19263
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Babun on Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:57 am

COVID-19 May Cause Sudden Diabetes
Source

The other one is in German, basically the same but with a more extensive study. They noticed a very high prevalence of new diabetes cases during the Wuhan virus pandemic. They could also prove in at least one individual diabetes wasn't caused the usual way described in the medicine books but caused by an autoimmune reaction due to the Wuhan virus:
Source
@BarrileteCosmico wrote:The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 3 Rz4F8wk

hard to separate from the rest, but we were doing pretty good until late april

I looked at the numbers a bit in France, UK, Brazil, India etc.
India and Brazil have got a very high population density in their cities so the transmission is more or less unavoidable. If you look at UK or France, the numbers of newly infected has exploded as soon as the temperatures fell. I think the ability of the Wuhan virus to survive longer in colder climates makes a huuuge difference.


Last edited by Babun on Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6918
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:25 pm



COVID has become less deadly in Germany (good thread too)
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 26350
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Babun on Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:30 pm

@BC
True, most likely treatment of the Wuhan Virus patients has gotten much better over time because in France or Spain the fatality rate is still high even though they've got warmer weather and more vitamin D. Not dying doesn't mean there're no consequences longterm so I'd still avoid getting sick in the first place.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6918
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Zagadka on Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:37 am

I am really puzzled...What the F*** is the end point with this Covid non-sense?

It's been nearly a full year with this and we are on square one. Literally zero progress on this "virus" and even if there is immunity after catching it. The economic ruin that's about to hit will be devastating. I can't see many airlines or hotels surviving another 6 months of this nonsense.

and after...what? How will we get out of this? Giving up our human instincts, wearing a muzzle and locking ourselves down at the house for indefinite future waiting for a magical vaccine? Even let's assume a magical vaccine is produced in the next 6 months, unless you round people up like Hitler did with the jews and force them to take it, then you still have some problem.

Then what do you do? Ban those who refused the vaccine from participating in the society? from having jobs? from flying? WTF is going on.

Australia has gone fucking batshit insane. I can easily see Canada and UK following the same as weather gets colder. Thank fuck I don't live in the insane Anglosphere now, here at least everything is 99% normal.

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 3 XEuBro4

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 3 Hc2Kj3D
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Posts : 607
Join date : 2018-03-20

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Zagadka on Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:59 am

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-09-21/sweden-spared-second-wave-coronavirus-so-far

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 3 FfYMqqv

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 3 LRQbrB4

Sweden :bow: :bow: :bow:

*** god knows how many deaths and suffering those inhumane draconian lockdowns have caused and will continue to cause across the world. RIP YNWA

Inna Lilah and Inna Elayha Rajeoon
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Posts : 607
Join date : 2018-03-20

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum