CBarca
El Gunner
Warrior
Robespierre
Freeza
19 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 18 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Vibe Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:32 pm

Mole seems to be out, do we count you in Arq?

Fun and banter guaranteed :coffee:

Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 18 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Art Morte Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:40 pm

Vibe wrote:Mole seems to be out, do we count you in Arq?

Fun and banter guaranteed until the fourteenth badly lopsided trade proposal from me in one week :coffee:

Fixed for a more truthful representation.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:05 pm

FFS Art

Joining fantasy is like marriage, he should have found out the bad stuff later.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:56 pm

Klay's news had me depressed and at a loss for appetite for a few days. Excited by the Oubre signing though, we'll surprise a few people this season, i think.

Lakers dealings this offseason really surprised me.. thought they were gunna run it back more or less with the same squad. My concerns for them are more defensively considering defense was a big cornerstone to their triumph last season. Gasol is a dinosaur these days. Schroeder is a great offensive pick up, but defensively doesn't add much. Harrell lacks defensive IQ, but again good burst of energy of the bench for more offense. Matthews is blown out at this point, despite Green's struggles with shooting in the bubble (which is an outlier for his career shooting), Green is still 5 times the player Matthews is, if not more. Dwight and Green overall were important parts to their defensive solidity last season, we'll see how their new pieces fair.

Philly getting Green and Seth is peach for them. The Simmons and Embiid experiment has their last chance under Daryl Morey supervision.

Ibaka great pick up for Clippers. They still don't have a PG though, no idea what their plans are... maybe they'll trade Lou for a more well-rounded PG, but who?

Bucks offseason has been lolworthy, Bogdanovic would've have been a great combination piece alongside Giannis, Middleton and Jrue... DJ Augustin... while im a fan... not so much.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:02 pm

That's just a whole lotta incorrect in one post imo. Not surprising considering how much of a Lakers hater you are.

Schröder is also a vast improvement on our replacements in Rondo and Quinn Cook. So I don't see how he isn't an improvement on the defensive end there. He's surprisingly good there.

Gasol was second in the league last year in defensive rating (players who played more than 10 games and 15mpg). Guess who was third? Wes Matthews.

Gasol is 30 places ahead of other Toronto players and the advanced stats show him as by far their best defender last year. Pretty weird for anyone to have those stats when they're called a dinosaur.

Wes Matthews is apparently a 5 times lesser player than Danny Green? Yeah, I find it hard to believe he could be worse than whatever Danny Green did in the playoffs on offense. Danny Green shot 34% in the playoffs and his shots were ALL open. Meanwhile Matthews was at 40%.

Look at Danny Green's playoff stats since his Spurs days and convince me he's reliable there.

And Danny's defense is great, but Matthews is better at what we need. Wing defending. Danny is much better as a help defender, but we need someone to wing defenders getting easy shots, and that is what Wes does:

And getting rid of Danny Green is the best thing we did. We essentially traded Danny Green's salary for Harrell, Gasol and Wes Matthews.

Also Dwight wasn't a cornerstone of our defense in any way. That's why we won't really miss at all. He got played off the floor the entire playoffs aside from 2 incredible games against Denver, which I'll always love him for.

Our defense was mainly helped because we had an incredibly switchable line-up in AC-KCP-LeBron-AD-Morris. That was our best 5-man lineup in playoffs imo. Could have Danny Green in there for Morris depending on who we played.
__

That said our best move this off-season has been re-signing KCP.
Guy was clearly our third best player all playoffs.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:19 am

I am quite surprised to see Gasol 2nd defensive rating in the league... saw 50%+ of Raptors games and he was worse than the previous season on most obvious aspects, without playing particularly bad. Just a bit dull and not a major factor of Raptors success. Wonder what Luca and Winter think. Perhaps i don't notice the small things he does, anyways it's a "why not" signing by Lakers imo

Btw i wasn't any more impressed by Danny Green nor Wes Matthews Laughing

Schröder and Harrell i like them a lot, useful and fun players, they add flavor to your team. The remaining core was efficient enough already, and defensively you won't have any trouble with Davis.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:38 am

DJ Augustin isn't the prime get lol. Bucks got the biggest free agent who was on the market. Jrue Holiday.

We just replaced our PG who chokes in the playoffs and is a bad fit with Giannis (in the playoffs, but also a bit in general), a guy who has shot 22% on jumpers (and not much better overall) in the playoff series we've lost...with Jrue Holiday.

The Bucks offseason isn't bad unless Giannis says he isn't re-signing. By all measures, we probably got fucked by some mixture of Bogi's agent & Woj, but our bench looks probably about as good or better than last year and we upgraded Bledsoe to Jrue. Bucks had one priority and they went for the best possible player. It's been a good offseason.

Between what you said about the lakers and this, feels more like a trolling attempt than an actual opinion.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:33 pm

Warrior wrote:I am quite surprised to see Gasol 2nd defensive rating in the league... saw 50%+ of Raptors games and he was worse than the previous season on most obvious aspects, without playing particularly bad. Just a bit dull and not a major factor of Raptors success. Wonder what Luca and Winter think. Perhaps i don't notice the small things he does, anyways it's a "why not" signing by Lakers imo

Btw i wasn't any more impressed by Danny Green nor Wes Matthews Laughing

Schröder and Harrell i like them a lot, useful and fun players, they add flavor to your team. The remaining core was efficient enough already, and defensively you won't have any trouble with Davis.

Lakers just won with Dwight and Lord JaVale, surely Gasol is better, just not too durable these days, pretty woeful offensively too. I'm a big Gasol fan, it's a good signing for the Lakers but it depends on what he has left in the tank and what his role will be

AD and Gasol means trouble for any team's big men, although not sure who they are gearing up for in the West or even the East at this point. This Lakers team probably would've repeated without any signings, let alone vastly improving their bench and seeing other teams weaken around them (Klay going down for the season, Clippers imploding, Houston being Houston etc.)

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:01 pm

one post back and already rustling the feathers Laughing

El Gunner wrote:Ibaka great pick up for Clippers. They still don't have a PG though, no idea what their plans are... maybe they'll trade Lou for a more well-rounded PG, but who?
maybe they can go for one of Terry Rozier or my fantasy young prince Devonte Graham now that Hornets are on that Ball boy
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:56 am

Over 3 people speaking of Gasol's decline tells you one thing. Yes Freeza and his stats do not lie but I cannot stress how gassed out and slow Gasol looks but I conceded this is also down to his pathetic fitness as the "professional" is tubby af and just not good as he was anymore.

Ibaka is a great signing for Clippers. Will be missed hugely for Raptors.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:18 pm

Ibaka is a great catch, worth losing Harrell, actually.

Fun fact: both Ibaka and Gasol shot .385% from the three last season.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:47 am

Westbrook to Wizards for Wall and a first rounder hmm

Westbrook, Beal, Hachimura, Bertans, Bryant

Wall, Harden, Gordon, Tucker, Wood
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:13 am

think Beal and Harden could move too before the deadline

Nets probably scouting them both
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:52 pm

Harden - Wall trade such a pointless thing to do.

In other news, 8.8% of players have returned a positive covid test.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:01 pm

Both LeBron and AD re-signed Proud
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:03 pm

Fuck yeah. Davis extends 5y/190m Molenation Molenation
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:49 am

Harden is the worst person in the league lol
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:51 am

The Milwaukee Bucks are the greatest NBA team of all time
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:20 pm

Kyrie saying he finally has a teammate who can hit those tough shots like him...

He really holds a lot against LeBron for someone who has done absolutely nothing without LeBron.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:42 pm

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 18 Img_2011

Laughing
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:44 pm

CBarca wrote:The Milwaukee Bucks are the greatest NBA team of all time

Agreed. Lakers couldn't have become what they are now without them!

They started our franchise in L.A.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:04 pm

Does James Harden even have an ounce of integrity and respect Laughing would NOT want him in my team
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:30 pm

Apparently has Bucks in his shortlist. Which feels weird. Suspect to me.

That being said, I'd totally trade it all for the dude. Him + Giannis and Jrue, my lord

Not gonna happen, mind
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:34 pm

Would cost Middleton + Lopez + picks i suppose ? Anyways... Giannis doesn't even like him and he was selected 2nd last in all star game Laughing Nets and Heat also in his shortlist. If i was Rockets GM i would get rid of him at all costs. Harden plays there since 8 years, i don't know the back story of this embarassing behavior but the bridges have been burnt.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:58 pm

Yeah it would have to be Khris and Lopez as well. Losing Lopez would especially hurt... I have no idea what we'd do at Center other than go small and play Giannis there almost all the time, with Portis and DJ Wilson getting significant minutes lmao

I would still do it though. Find ways to make it work.

It won't happen though. Some individuals had it right on reddit, we're just there to be there. I don't think he really wants to come here and we certainly don't have enough to give the rockets
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:06 am

Fuck all y’all Gasol slander. No finished player can do this shit
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next