CBarca
El Gunner
Warrior
Robespierre
Freeza
19 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:32 pm

What a fucking week by Pelinka Proud

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Luca Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:43 pm

Yeah, no one is touching the Lakers this season

I'm happy with Baynes and FVV. Sad to see Gasol and Ibaka move on, the former not with much current value but the latter was still playing quite well

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:13 pm

Lakers were doing so well and then they signed Marc Gasol lmao. Still, one bad signing isn't too bad.

I haven't seen the Bulls play in for ever, but thinking about those big stadiums without crowds is kinda yikes... The bubble had that novelty effect and playoff basketball, but regular season games without crowds is gonna get old real soon.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:45 pm

What the hell is wrong with Gasol lol.

A top 5 post-passer who's still an elite post-defender is a great pick-up for certain match-ups. We need that.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:46 pm

We replaced Howard and McGee who basically who couldn't be fielded in certain series because they couldn't shoot. Now we've got someone who can.

Last thing we need is another wing defender or ball handler and an athletic C
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:54 pm

Gasol is a great add, certainly an improvement.

Plays D, shoots the 3, has a brain.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:57 pm

Uh guys, Gasol is finished.

Yes he has the IQ and passing and all that he is but man is always gassed out now since he is tubby and makes more errors than ever.

Im failing to see how this move is being hyped up he is washed up and would be good off the bench at best.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:00 am

He's going to be a 15-20 mpg starter. And he's perfect for exactly that. He fits great with a starting line-up of LeBron, AD, KCP and Wes.

I don't see how he's finished. He wasn't in shape after a long time off, which showed in the bubble. Younger guys had same problems.

His skills and IQ are still there and he's never been the most athletic dude. If he get's in shape he can become a great addition.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:17 am

Wanna play NBA fantasy Arq?

Mole seems to be abandoning us, he's more washed up than Gasol, if he does we need a 10th player.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:46 am

Apparently Gasol was based on almost any advanced metric the best defender on the raptors last year.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:32 am

Freeza wrote:He's going to be a 15-20 mpg starter. And he's perfect for exactly that. He fits great with a starting line-up of LeBron, AD, KCP and Wes.

I don't see how he's finished. He wasn't in shape after a long time off, which showed in the bubble. Younger guys had same problems.

His skills and IQ are still there and he's never been the most athletic dude. If he get's in shape he can become a great addition.

The point about being able to get into shape is a good point as he is quite a liability as it stands but did not exactly look in shape during the Playoffs for Raptors. Nothing else has ebbed off as with time he has grown into an even smarter player.

With limited minutes he can be used brilliantly.

@Vibe yes Im quite considering that my friend. Mole smh
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:29 am

I'm on the "Gasol is washed up" boat. He was already looking considerably worse last season compared to the Raps' championship winning season. Having a center who can hit open threes is great, but that's the only way he scores now and I think teams will be targeting him on defense.

Pelicans got Steven Adams. A likable player, but doesn't compliment Zion and Ingram very well.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:16 am

I loathe the line of thinking that if a big can't shoot then he's not a fit with Zion. Everything else Adams does fits GREAT with Zion. Interior D, defensive rebounding, screen setting in the P&R, outlet and half-court passing. Not to mention the leadership and toughness aspect.

I copied this from a Pelicans reporter, but it's basically how i feel. People are absolutely obsessed with Zion being played with a Stretch 5 that they refuse to see it from any other POV.

Lakers just won a championship with a front court of AD, Lebron and Howard so can we stop this obsession with shooting 3s.

It's far from the only way to achieve reliable spacing.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:38 pm

Well, I don't think a banger center is going to be a great fit with Zion, we'll see.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:49 pm

Art Morte wrote:I'm on the "Gasol is washed up" boat. He was already looking considerably worse last season compared to the Raps' championship winning season. Having a center who can hit open threes is great, but that's the only way he scores now and I think teams will be targeting him on defense.

Pelicans got Steven Adams. A likable player, but doesn't compliment Zion and Ingram very well.

He averaged 12/6/4 before the bubble and was trending upwards before an injury.

His only question mark is fitness and health. If he's fit he'll fit in no problem. You need to be in great shape when you're in the lower end of athleticism in the league. You can't be lazy like Dwight Howard and still play constantly.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:55 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Lakers just won a championship with a front court of AD, Lebron and Howard so can we stop this obsession with shooting 3s.

Our Front Court when it mattered was more like LeBron, AD and Morris. And everyone in that lineup can shoot. And Davis was clearly better with Morris. Those lineups had a +20 net rtg throughout the playoffs.

You need different kinds of Centers next to your superstars. Howard was mainly good for the Denver series.

We couldn't even play him against a team like Houston.

I like the Adams pickup, but would want a stretch option at the 5. Maybe Deadmon or something, just to go give Zion more space to operate.

Also, every single player can fit wit Ingram. I have no issues there.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:09 pm

Obviously long term you need options, i don't disagree.

I'm just sick and tired of the such limited views on how we can build around Zion.

Nobody considers defence when considering team building and arguably it's more important at this point of the teams development.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:23 pm

Gasol is still a serviceable role player. He's a decent pick up. He's not a great one, as he is washed, but even a washed Gasol is decent in limited minutes. I would have liked to see him on the Bucks, for example.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:24 pm

Basically this lmao.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:27 pm

mole, you're playing fantasy right?

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:28 pm

Mole out here ghosting us.

We know you've seen it
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:19 pm

Luca wrote:mole, you're playing fantasy right?

Nobody actually asked me until now lol but no i don't really feel like it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:20 pm

Ingram got the max Molenation
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:45 pm

Ingram and Adebayo both got the five year max. Who's better? hmm
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:53 pm

Art Morte wrote:Ingram and Adebayo both got the five year max. Who's better? hmm

The one who can create his own shot
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:32 pm

Mole seems to be out, do we count you in Arq?

Fun and banter guaranteed :coffee:
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next