Thimmy
rincon
Warrior
Myesyats
66 posters

Page 15 of 34 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 34  Next

Go down

Where will Messi go?

Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 15 Vote_lcap18%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 15 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 6 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 15 Vote_lcap9%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 15 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 15 Vote_lcap0%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 15 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 15 Vote_lcap0%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 15 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 15 Vote_lcap3%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 15 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 15 Vote_lcap38%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 15 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 13 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 15 Vote_lcap9%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 15 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 15 Vote_lcap3%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 15 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 15 Vote_lcap6%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 15 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 15 Vote_lcap6%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 15 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 15 Vote_lcap8%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 15 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 34

Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 15 Empty Re: Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:57 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Don't think we will. Stoke are still Championship aren't they

It's also gotten renamed by now, but I really liked the meme back in the day.

VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 15 Empty Re: Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation

Post by Onyx Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:57 pm

Messi was just waiting for Stoke to be relegated before deciding to move to the PL. Didn't want to make it too obvious, so waited a few seasons. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:58 pm

Onyx wrote:Messi was just waiting for Stoke to be relegated before deciding to move to the PL. Didn't want to make it too obvious, so waited a few seasons. hmm

Strategy confirmed!
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:44 pm

Latest rumors say that Bart will not meet Messi except to negotiate an extension.

Personally if Bart will decide to behave like an ass I might as well come out and say that I'll only stay if he goes, and then not renew and leave free in a year.

Also legal experts say Messi's case is relatively weak, so if he forces an exit he could be forced to pay 700m in the court system.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:56 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Latest rumors say that Bart will not meet Messi except to negotiate an extension.

Personally if Bart will decide to behave like an ass I might as well come out and say that I'll only stay if he goes, and then not renew and leave free in a year.

Also legal experts say Messi's case is relatively weak, so if he forces an exit he could be forced to pay 700m in the court system.

I heard his case is pretty strong, since the June 10th deadline on his contact was meant to coincide with the end of the season, which was pushed back of course due to covid.

This means if the court approves the deadline extension then he can activate his free exit clause. At least that's how I understand it.

Though if it does end up going down that path, they'd probably negotiate a 100-200m release clause, since he obviously won't want to screw over the club. They would deserve it though.

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:00 pm

yea it would be in all best interest to negotiate a price for this summer. Barcelona would be spiteful if they refuse to let him go if he really wants to and not to accept a lower price so that they can have ample funds to start rebuilding
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:18 pm

Can't believe Messi leaving for free. Triggering the clause is a way to express his discontent to the current board. There will surely be some money involved in the transfer. I see it is win-win for all. Other than Bart everyone will be benefitted with his transfer. Who knows even Bart probably also wanted him to leave. All this drama about pushing him to the wall was probably pre-planned.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:47 pm

Martin Braithwaite requested to the senior Barça officials that he wants to wear the number 10 shirt when Messi leaves. They told him that he would leave before Messi.

https://www.20minutos.es/deportes/noticia/4364131/0/braithwaite-dorsal-messi-fc-barcelona/?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=smm&utm_campaign=noticias
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:52 pm

LMAO

has to be fake, but that's the best football gossip I've read in years
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:53 pm

It's real
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:18 pm

Have to say I admire that ambition by Marty. Cant put it down.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:18 pm

Really odd that no one has asked what Harmonica's stance on this will be.

Will he continue to support Barça or support City?

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:20 pm

He was asking me about the rent situation in manchester the other day and the best local pubs.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:34 pm

_LMG_10_ wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Latest rumors say that Bart will not meet Messi except to negotiate an extension.

I heard his case is pretty strong, since the June 10th deadline on his contact was meant to coincide with the end of the season, which was pushed back of course due to covid.

This means if the court approves the deadline extension then he can activate his free exit clause. At least that's how I understand it.

Though if it does end up going down that path, they'd probably negotiate a 100-200m release clause, since he obviously won't want to screw over the club. They would deserve it though.

https://theathletic.co.uk/2026897/2020/08/28/messi-barcelona-manchester-city-legal-case/

The two lawyers contacted by The Athletic set out the situation. Amoros explains: “The position of Barcelona for sure will be that the precise date is clear and it is not necessarily linked with the finish of a season. They might also say, beyond this, that Messi could have taken this decision on June 10 prior to the conclusion of the season, as he had sufficient information (about the team and club) to take the decision. The precise date is the easiest defence because it is based on the literal words of the contract. According to Spanish law, the first criteria to be applied is the legal interpretation when the words in the clause are clear and its meaning has no doubts. This is the first point and the one for sure that Barcelona’s lawyers will use.”

Dominguez supports this view: “In Spain, there is a legal article that declares when there is a discussion between the interpretation of a clause, the first option is to apply the literality of the words. The words of the contract are very, very clear. The player must notify the club before June 10.”

Both lawyers seem dismissive of Messi's case. Could be that Messi wins.

So if Barca refuses to negotiate an exit I don't see how he walks. Even if he had a 'strong' position (let's say 80% chance of a positive outcome), a 20% chance of paying 700m in a year is still way too risky. It makes more sense for him to walk in a year for free.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:39 pm

RealGunner wrote:Martin Braithwaite requested to the senior Barça officials that he wants to wear the number 10 shirt when Messi leaves. They told him that he would leave before Messi.

https://www.20minutos.es/deportes/noticia/4364131/0/braithwaite-dorsal-messi-fc-barcelona/?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=smm&utm_campaign=noticias

My sides ffs. rofl

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:48 pm

The clause probably should have read “the later of June 10th of each year, or 10 days following the end of the season each season” (or something like this)

So now you’re asking the courts to find an implied term/contractual interpretation that June 10 = end of season

While Barca’s side is giving express meaning to June 10 (the literal meaning: June 10)

It’s interesting. I’m not sure of Spain’s legal system but express terms are more likely to prevail

It’ll be interesting to see how this is resolved given the extremely short deadline of the summer transfer window

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:57 pm

I find the actions of this board for the past 5+ years deplorable. Can’t imagine any other club treating the team’s legend player this way.

Apparently the board knew back in July that Messi wanted out!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:07 pm

Harmonica wrote:
RealGunner wrote:he will get destroyed in the PL

Fairly sure the 9 goals against Arsenal is still the CL record against single team.
tied with CR7 against Bayern I think

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:33 pm

Messi is putting it out there that he had told Barca he planned on leaving before June 10th but wanted to wait until the end of the season to make it official so he wouldn't disrupt the team...

Whatever the case, like Madrid did with CR, Barca should ask something significant but not crazy (we got 100 mil for CR who was as valuable as Messi).

This way, you're not going to war with a club legend and the club keeps its reputation.  What you don't do is what Barca seems to be doing.  The club loses regardless of what happens with this tactic.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:09 pm

If that's true then it sounds like Messi went for the nuclear option because the Board wouldn't abide by it. His case is a lot stronger if he did actually inform them.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:13 pm

Does it matter if he said something? Me saying that i want to sign you is not a legal binding contract. Messi's case is not that clear otherwise he would have Barca on their knees right now. If anything, the way things are today, suggest they are not as confident as they initially thought about that clause.

But this is the problem with lawyers, they tell you what you wanna hear as long as you are paying their retainer

Barca can ask for a crazy amount of transfer if they want, it's not them trying to get rid of Messi. Also, i am pretty sure Barto would rather Messi walk out on a free due to his contract ending than this. Imo, Messi going public with his request already makes Barca the losers of this situation, no matter what. What they are doing now, is he right thing, make him respect his contract or get a record transfer fee for him.

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:15 pm

Barcelona
Barcelona fire their law firm for advising Messi

https://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2020/08/29/5f4a48ba22601d2a1e8b462c.html

I suppose there's a legitimate conflict of interests now, but this comes off as so petty Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:20 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Barcelona
Barcelona fire their law firm for advising Messi

https://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2020/08/29/5f4a48ba22601d2a1e8b462c.html

I suppose there's a legitimate conflict of interests now, but this comes off as so petty Laughing
It's not "their law firm" it's one of the many firm they use in their business.

Just adding this for clarity lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:27 pm

Yes it does Nick. Unless the contract expressly states how notification must be made, then you can make it any way you like, even verbally.

There's also a standard clause called "Force Majeure". Yes it's a French term originally, but that is used as a legal term in US contracts. Does Covid constitute a Force Majeure? There's a lot of lawsuits flying around in the US regarding this and precedent hasn't been set. Don't know if this exists in Spanish contracts.

Any lawyer that opines without having seen the contract is full of shit btw. They can't know. Nobody knows. My guess is that Messi wouldn't have done this if he didn't feel he had a case though.

All this said, I think he wants Barca to get some compensation, which is why he's allowing this to go on. My guess is that the owners of PSG or Man City would sign him and tell him that, if he loses the lawsuit, they would "loan" him the 700 mil euros. It's a drop in the bucket for UAE and Qatar especially when you consider how much money he's going to make either of those clubs.

My two cents.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:32 pm

Force majeure is a standard clause in most contracts. It has to do with frustration usually (I.e. the contract can’t be performed because of event XX). There will be a lot of covid related litigation probably in the next couple years on that issue

Not really the case there as leagues are still going on.

If anything this would be a clause that teams like Barca or who ever would rely on it leagues were cancelled and they didn’t want to pay their players anymore

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:34 pm

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20200829/483172425911/messi-no-se-presentara-manana-a-los-tests-pcr-e-insiste-en-irse.html

Messi is not showing up for the medical tests tomorrow... he's decided to go nuclear.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 34 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 34  Next