Thimmy
rincon
Warrior
Myesyats
66 posters

Page 10 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 34  Next

Go down

Where will Messi go?

Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 10 Vote_lcap18%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 10 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 6 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 10 Vote_lcap9%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 10 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 10 Vote_lcap0%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 10 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 10 Vote_lcap0%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 10 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 10 Vote_lcap3%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 10 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 10 Vote_lcap38%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 10 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 13 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 10 Vote_lcap9%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 10 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 10 Vote_lcap3%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 10 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 10 Vote_lcap6%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 10 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 10 Vote_lcap6%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 10 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 10 Vote_lcap8%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 10 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 34

Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 10 Empty Re: Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation

Post by Robespierre Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:22 pm

Warrior wrote:
Robespierre wrote:if Messi leaves Barca, I think  he doesn't want Premier League.

He prefers a weaker league, Serie A or Ligue One, because he needs to manage himself so as to arrive to World Cup  in the best conditions.

Anyway even if I think Inter would be a nice destination for him ( for Milano, where he 's bought house for a better taxation), we can't afford him

Having said that, I believe it'll happen the simplest thing at the end.

Bartomeu will be  guillotined in the square ( word of Robespierre.) and we'll have the last year as dictator by Lionel Messi in Barca with Vidal and Suarez to stay for boning the finances of the club until the end.

If Messi is seriously wanting to leave (which at this point i have doubts about) surely he must sacrifice to salary. And this 700 millions clause is bs nobody will pay that

Unless his choice is City, would be crap imo, bland club, but i understand PL fans see it otherwise

Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 10 Marott10

Yeah, it'd be to sad to see him with City kit imo.

At that point it's better PSG, again a plastic club but we're talking about La Ville Lumière, and imagine the trio Messi, Neymar , Mbappe. It joins properly the past, present and future.

Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 10 Empty Re: Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation

Post by Warrior Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:27 pm

Your post makes me think... why not trade him for Neymar
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:29 pm

Warrior wrote:Your post makes me think... why not trade him for Neymar
because PSG sees that Neymar is 28, Messi is 34 and they are not stupid lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:38 pm

Straight swap with Bernardo Silva. He's been fallen out of favour with Guardiola. This deal would be good for both teams and both players.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:39 pm

They believe Neymar will stay there all his career ? Do you ? I don't

Not only Messi is better than Neymar, but combine him with Mbappé is the deadliest duo i can think of. PSG have everything to gain from this move. And Barca could start the new cycle with elite players Neymar and Griezmann

In terms of attitude they are both greedy cucks, but Messi has more potential to gain new fans than Neymar, whose capital of sympathy they already benefit from
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:42 pm

I had no idea there would come a day where Harmonica would take charge of the Barcelona office
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:48 pm

danyjr wrote:Please go to Juventus, Leo. Please. I have been longing to see Messi and CR7 together in the same team.
Juve are pushing CR out
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:51 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
danyjr wrote:Please go to Juventus, Leo. Please. I have been longing to see Messi and CR7 together in the same team.
Juve are pushing CR out

Almost as if signing a 34 year old super star to a massive multi year deal is not a good idea?

Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:15 am

Honestly, I have a hard time seeing him go. It'll be really weird not to see him in red and blue. I mean if this ends up being all a ploy for Bartomeu to resign, then I wouldn't be surprised.

At the same time, this will be his last chance to play top football elsewhere. He's leaving Barca because of their sporting department and his lack of faith in the board. He wants to win one last CL. This isn't the first time he's supposedly thought of it either. I believe there were two insider reports that claimed Messi was going to leave Barca in 2013 and apparently go to Chelsea, but Tito changed his mind. There were also reports of him going to City in 2016, but Suarez changed his mind.

I'm 50/50 on it as I can see it going either way. If he doesn't stay at Barca, City or PSG seem like the most likely options.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:23 am

Marcelo Blechler who reported Neymar to PSG is saying Messi is going to City.

He gone.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:24 am

Casciavit wrote:
I'm 50/50 on it as I can see it going either way. If he doesn't stay at Barca, City or PSG seem like the most likely options.

Casciavit wrote:Marcelo Blechler who reported Neymar to PSG is saying Messi is going to City.

He gone.

8 minutes :bow:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:33 am

M99 wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

At last

CBarca out there with the Spurs jersey

Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 10 2b99bfb5aa41274b53b01b1dcfcf9a1b
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:33 am

Warrior wrote:They believe Neymar will stay there all his career ? Do you ? I don't

Not only Messi is better than Neymar, but combine him with Mbappé is the deadliest duo i can think of. PSG have everything to gain from this move. And Barca could start the new cycle with elite players Neymar and Griezmann

In terms of attitude they are both greedy cucks, but Messi has more potential to gain new fans than Neymar, whose capital of sympathy they already benefit from
i dont think so, here is why:

1. the number 1 threat to PSG losing Neymar was the old Barca, with Suarez and Messi, both Neymar's BFFs. That barca no longer exists. Suarez is getting kicked out and Messi wants to leave. You would be mistaken to think Neymar "loves" Barca, he loves the relationship he had with those guys (and he left them anyway lol)

2. the most important thing in Ney's career is money. He left barca for money, and PSG are the club that can pay him the most in football. Not just officially but also with bogus deals to be Qatar's WC ambassador.

3. from PSG point of view, 2 years of Neymar in his prime (he is 28 now), with excellent chances to renew him (so add potentially +4 years) and to make him the most paid player on earth, are better than 2-3 years of Messi at 33 years old. At this age, he has shown he can no longer carry a team by himself, he needs a lot of help

4. Within two years, PSG are likely to lose Mbappe as he has been refusing to discuss extending his contract. again, in two years, potentially having Neymar at 30, is a lot more attractive than having Messi at 35.

So i would argue otherwise, i doubt barca today, as shambolic as they are, are attractive for Neymar. I also believe that Neymar, as things stand will get a contract that no other club can pay him in football. The way things are looking he will be at PSG for some time.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:36 am

M99 wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

At last

CBarca out there with the Spurs jersey

right behind enemy lines too

CBarca :bow:
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:38 am

I'm reading that the reason Bartomeu doesn't want to resign is because him and his board would be responsible for the club's debt. Barca fans pls confirm.

This drama is too good. Amazon should've been all over them ffs.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:44 am

Casciavit wrote:Marcelo Blechler who reported Neymar to PSG is saying Messi is going to City.

He gone.

Only Guardiola will make sure that Messi continues to be treated like a toddler. As I said, it's the only move that makes sense from Messi's POV if he really wants out and it's not only a smokescreen.

PSG is a close second though, they already actively tried to sign Messi before.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:48 am

Casciavit wrote:I'm reading that the reason Bartomeu doesn't want to resign is because him and his board would be responsible for the club's debt. Barca fans pls confirm.

This is what one of the presidential candidates said (Benedito): "If a new board came in this year, they would find the difference between expenses and revenues, and then Bartomeu would be directly liable for that. This is why he is keen on closing the accounts in October."

So yeah I guess they are hiding some bad economic data for sure.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:52 am

Casciavit wrote:I'm reading that the reason Bartomeu doesn't want to resign is because him and his board would be responsible for the club's debt. Barca fans pls confirm.

There's a law saying that if the Barca debt goes over X amount then the board is responsible for 25% of it, or something like that. It's why Arthur was "sold" for 70m and Pjanic "bought" for 60m, allowed Barca to manipulate the ratios in such a way that they didn't have to be personally liable for the debt.

With all these big players leaving though I can't imagine the financial ratios are going to get worse though.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:54 am

None of this is surprising, City are probably the only club that can afford him and Pep and Messi success together is far beyond what they've experienced without each other.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:00 am

Yessir.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:04 am

this picture kinda hurts me, it is becoming more real by the hour

also that city kit is hideous and offends my aesthetic sensibilities
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:21 am

Meanwhile

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:09 am

Messi doesn’t play right wing anymore... why would he take mahrez’s spot
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:05 am

Not even trolling man, but it's likely over for Mahrez if Messi joins. I'm serious. He couldn't nail down a starting role in two years, you think with the arrival of Messi it will make anything easier?

Even if you wanna make the claim Messi will play as a false 9, he is still going to prefer drifting into the right half space. I don't think I've ever seen him play alongside a left-footed RW who wants the ball at his feet. Coaches probably think they'll get in each other's way. Whenver he's played as a CF he's always had runners playing as wingers not ball players.

The baldie must already be stressing about how Messi and KDB will co-exist. If KDB himself likes playing there, what do you think will happen if Mahrez is on the pitch too? 3 players who want the ball at their feet all congesting the same inside-right area. I can actually see Ferran Torres being more likely to start on the right as at least he's right-footed so he'll be told to hug the touchline and attack the byline which will open up more space centrally.

If Pep wants Aguero to start, Messi will play the narrow RW role he had in Barca and someone like Walker will overlap. Another option is then maybe you can have Jesus and Sterling playing as inside forwards making runs in the channel all game with Messi playing centrally, which would be a similar dynamic to 2011 Barca.

Sterling - Messi - Torres

Sterling - Aguero - Messi

Jesus - Messi - Sterling

Those are front threes I can all see being first options before Mahrez starting. If Messi ends up going to City, Mahrez should probably look for a move elsewhere as his playing time might decrease a lot. He could be starting at other clubs rather than riding City's bench.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:18 am

Messi coming to City would make it even more likely that City don't win anything next season, bar the obligatory Carabao Cup.
Will give the rest of the players a chance to relax on the intensity, will mess up Pep's approach, won't elevate them as a team. Messi will score 40 goals in the league though, hattricks against Southampton etc. And IMO there already looking at a disappointing season ahead.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:30 am

Liverpool probably the ideal set up for him.

Donkeys behind him to run for him. Pace merchants as wingers to run ahead of him. Firmino upgrade at F9.

Can't say he's the ideal player for Klopp and Liverpool though. The guy would need to be subbed off after 20 minutes of gegenpressing oh my days.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum