Thimmy
chad4401
futbol_bill
Doc
Mr Nick09
35 posters

Page 15 of 39 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 39  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by strugahimself Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:10 am

Perez working around the media again to make Ramos look like the bad guy...

strugahimself
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:29 pm

And vice versa tbh. Ramos is definitely not innocent here
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:06 pm

Vasquez renews. Should mean Odriozola will be leaving
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:49 pm

Apparently Ramos and Perez have resumed renewal talks. Nice, our legend deserves to retire with us

Now sell Varane and buy one or two goalscorers
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:15 pm

Well I was wrong and I’m real sorry about Ramos departing. Apparently it was all over in January, which is when the negotiations with Alaba started! a year ago I thought it would be a problem to replace him, both at club and with seleccion. However both Militao and Nacho showed both are more than capable of starting and both Laporte and Pau Torres, both of whom weren’t even in the picture have easily replaced him on seleccion.

The situation with Varane has not changed and they may still sell him now. I wonder if they do will theymake a bid for Pau Torres? I wouldn’t be surprised if Varane stays that starting pair is Militao and Alaba!

The one quality of Ramos that will be missed though is his leadership (captainship). The default captain is Marcelo! Imagine a captain who sits on the bench!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:48 pm

futbol_bill wrote: Imagine a captain who sits on the bench!

manolo sanchis sat on the bench a lot in his last season, maybe his last 2 seasons even
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:00 am

I love Sanchis just as a fyi... probably my favorite Real Madrid player of all time bar ZZ. And you are correct tito.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:01 pm

It’s summer time plus with Euro in progress, there are lots of transfer rumours, most of which one should take with a grain if salt.

For me, I listen to club statements.

It is said that roster is over stocked an several players have to go.

It has been stated that the club is after one of Mbappe or Haaland.

It has been stated that the kids, mainly Blanco and Miguel plus I believe 3 or 4 that did well on callups, will stay with Raul at Castilla, available for callups and hopefully get Castilla promoted to segundo.

It has been stated that Marcelo is staying as is likely Isco, though the latter doesn’t sound firm.

It is now being said the Jovic, Mariano, Ceballos and Brahim will be sold plus it is likely that Bale and Varane will also leave.

There is a desire to buy a 4th CB, once Varane is gone, but the cost seems too high at this tough economic time. The alternative seems to be to keep Vallejo as a 4th CB for one year.

Talk about both Mbappe and Haaland sounds positive, although in both cases it may be delayed until next summer.

My question is, if they are able to sign both or one of them, either this summer or next, is that sufficient, i.e. leaving other spots on roster until next year going with what they have?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:21 pm

PSG will not sell MBappe... would rather have him run out his contract per reports. Besides, the relations between PSG and Real Madrid are no longer friendly. If PSG were to sell, it wouldn't be to Barca or Real Madrid. More than likely a EPL team.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:45 pm

Varane can go to yanited, it’s ok, we will remember him when he peaked at 22. Good god his level has gone to shit
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:16 pm

Varane never did replace Pepe for us. Ramos carried this guy for 10 seasons. Au revoir!

He has never filled me with confidence ever, but then again he was asked to match Pepe which is a huge feat in itself.

With how Militao is playing, Varane and his weak ass attempt at defending against pkayers with their backs to him will not be missed

We should've renewed Ramos though

Mbappe is not worth 200ME, we should wait a season and get him on a free transfer. Haaland is much more important.

4312 could be the way forward for us so we could afford to add another striker imo
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:06 pm

halamadrid2 wrote: Ramos carried this guy for 10 seasons.

Strange. Could have sworn it was the other way around, for the most part.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:09 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote: Ramos carried this guy for 10 seasons.

Strange. Could have sworn it was the other way around, for the most part.

Ramos became a penalty taker and suddenly everyone forgot how he's never been the best CB defensively during his time here.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:09 am

Horrible takes on Varane as usual. I wonder who you guys think we have lined up to replace him... because lads like Pau Torres and Chust ain't it Laughing
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:16 am

yeah i'm not with the varane jabs. he's had some tough periods the last two years, but he's still under 30, and in this market or climate where a jar of peanut butter that's only 2 or 3 yrs younger than varane but doesnt have half his resume can cost 90 million, i'd rather hold up on a sale unless utd offering some ridiculous amount like 150 million, which they arent.

ramos had been here since 2005, but to me he staked his claim as a defender in the latter part of his career. he was always touted as a brilliant athlete. i'd like us to move on from oldies and old guards, not a guy in his late 20s....should he leave, thanks for his service is warranted.....lets not act like he was woodgate or metzelder or some bum ass player
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:10 pm

Nick is just taking the piss (I think) but Hala firmly believes in what he wrote lol.

For me and every other sane Madrid fan, Varane has been covering Ramos' nonsense for years, however, if there is a "right" time to probably profit from him, it'll be now. The man is still a good defender but he is clearly slipping, it's very much plain to see. He can recover but I don't think it'll be at Madrid.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:03 pm

tbh cant really say who covers who, that's part of a defenders job, to cover for each other. it doesnt always mean the other person is garbage. its how a partnership should work.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:39 pm

With Varane i firmly believe that it’s a case of going somewhere else to have a new experience. The pressure and tension that is built up with the kind of CL run we had is unique and those mistakes he made against City were maybe his lowest point career wise. I think he needs something different that only moving to a new city can provide, I’m fine with that.

His Madrid career is stellar, cleaning up for Ramos for years. They were truly a well balanced partnership with each knowing what to do to make the other one better.

He can be convinced to stay this season but I doubt he will renew his deal so if the club wants to make some cash to replace him, hopefully not by signing Kounde, then it’s a good opportunity to sell
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:04 pm

My understanding of club strategy is to use whatever funds can be made through sales including Varane will be used towards a Mbappe or Haaland approach. They seem to believe they have enough CB quality with Alaba, Militao and Nacho. Sure looks like Vallejo will stay at least this year as a 4th CB.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:27 am

I think we can all agree he is as good as gone, and that theres nothing wrong with pursuing other challenges. He's won everything here, he's been nothing short of great.

What we all worry about is how much we can collect from him and who is lined up to replace him. Alaba, Militao (whos having a great CA btw) and Nacho is good but not great. We are 2 injuries from starting Casemiro or a cantera at CB. We will need someone.

If its Vallejo we might as well throw in the towel.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:34 am

Personally I couldn't imagine working the same place, and same position for that long. And 10 years in football is like 30 years in any other career. I understand why he'd want to seek out new challenges before it's too late.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:58 pm

Ancelotti confirms that he's contacted Richarlison regarding a possible transfer to Real Madrid.

Can't honestly say that I would be happy if he did join us. Richarlison isn't bad at all, he's probably a bit too good for Everton, but he's not a player I would want at Real Madrid.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:54 am

Hes been utter crap at the copa america. His only highlights have been diving and rolling around on the floor.

Not sure how he is at Everton. But for what I seen for Brazil, only slightly better than Vinicius.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:44 am

I've never watched Everton with any regularity, but when I have watched them, his performance level has ranged from absolutely dominant, to quite disappointing and wasteful. I understand why he's highly rated, because he's one of those players who can potentially decide matches on his own through sheer talent, but I personally prefer players who have a decent to good, average level of performance in-between the more spectacular ones. Consistency is king.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:49 pm

Thimmy wrote:Ancelotti confirms that he's contacted Richarlison regarding a possible transfer to Real Madrid.

Can't honestly say that I would be happy if he did join us. Richarlison isn't bad at all, he's probably a bit too good for Everton, but he's not a player I would want at Real Madrid.
when did Ancelotti confirm this? I don’t think he made any statement about players he wants to sign, he is towing the club line in that regard.

Besides, Rciharlison? Lol, Everton would probably ask some stupid money for a player who is not worth it
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:09 pm

Priority should be midfielder and, if jovic is sold, a striker.

Kroos is 31 and Modric is 35. Benzema 33

Midfield needs another passer.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 39 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 39  Next