Thimmy
chad4401
futbol_bill
Doc
Mr Nick09
35 posters

Page 27 of 39 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 39  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:51 pm

Thimmy wrote:@Sports Are you familiar with Lyon's CB, Castello Lukeba? I talked to a guy the other day who said he's young and has been showing a lot of potential. We're going to have to replace Rudiger and Alaba eventually, so it's always interesting to hear about up and coming defenders.

Sorry just saw this.

Yes I am.  He plays for France youth teams and is getting time at Lyon too.  My personal opinion is that he's far too raw and young to make a move to Real Madrid.  He needs to get a full season at Ligue 1 first.  I don't think the new owner of Lyon, John Textor, will sell him now.  He's not Aulas and doesn't need cash.

A player to watch.

Also watch out for Rayan Cherki of Lyon next year.   He's a healthy version of Fekir imo.  He should break out next year if he has his head screwed on straight (not a given).

I really really hope we go after Lens' striker Openda. He's one we should take a chance on if we can. I like him a lot and really had a good season this year.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:32 pm

Seems Benz is confirmed leaving plus it appears club will not pay the 10M to Shaktar for Vinicius Tobias. mariano is gone and seems Asensio as well. modric and Kroos remain for another year. Unknown is acceptance of renewals for Nacho and Ceballos. Plus no word yet of departures of Hazard, Mendy, Odriozola nor Vallejo. There is some talk or interest from La Real for Odriozola. Also seems Lunin will leave to be able to play and develop with club getting portero from Getafe. Can’t recall name, but he does have liga experience.

I think the following will happen

1. Club to sign 2 scorers: Kane or Alvarez or Lautaro and Firminho or Mane or Sane. Taking Benz and Asensio roster spots.

2. Joselu returns on loan replacing Mariano.

3. Possibility of another forward if Hazard does leave.

4. birmingham deal all but final confirmation done.

5. I say Ceballos stays making mF set for next year.

6. Fran Garcia arrives as LB. Would hope they sell Mendy to go after another LB, but that may be wishful thinking.

7. With Tobias out of picture, I’m afraid they will stick with Carvajal and Lucas.

It’s the last two, other than scorers that was our biggest weaknesses and looks like it will continue.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:53 am

Firmino isn't fast enough to play rw. Kolo muani can play all forward positions and possesses the necessary speed (34.6 km/h if anyone is wondering). I've read that harry kane is the choice but that's a mistake. He isn't fast enough for our Frontline  we would have to adjust our tactics to accommodate him. 35year old benzema is faster than him in all aspects. Yall probably see only the goals and think that would be enough but i see different. We ideally need a versatile attacker that has speed, technique, and has team ethic like Benzema.

From what I've seen. Only muani fits the bill in all aspects save for finishing and technique (technique needs more review). He hasn't quite exploded yet but I see great potential in him. It would be the height of foolishness to pass up muani as he can play rw in addition to being an athletic 6'2 menace. Guy has the highest potential ceiling

Ceballos needs to renew, we can't lose more Spanish blood than what we already lost.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:25 pm

Muani will be expensive. Bayern and Chelsea are on him. Manchester United too.

According to Bild, the price tag is 100 million.

Very good player though.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:46 pm

Yah, Club announce agreed termination of Hazard deal (had one final year left) effective Jun 30th!

Also announced was Mariano departure - end of contract.

Confirmed also was imminent return of Fran Garcia.

Now rumors or stories.

1. Club have told Mendy, he is not wanted and tko look for another club.

2. Club is talking with La Real about Odriozola

3. Club close to acquiring Firmino,  but this story says club isn’t sure yet that Benzema is departing.

4. If Firmino does come, they may reject the loan of Joselu.

5. No word yet on renewal acceptance by Nacho and Ceballos.

Summary:

Leaving:
Mariano - Confirmed
Hazard - Confirmed
Asensio - Confirmed
Benzema ?
Vallejo
Odriozola,
Mendy?
Lunin

Staying:
Vinicius
Rodrygo
Valverde
Modtic
Kroos
Camavinga
Tchouameni
Ceballos
Alaba
Militao
Rudiger
Nacho
Carvajal
Lucas
Courtois

Incoming
Birmingham - supposedly confirmed in next couple of weeks
Fran Garcia - confirmed
Firmino - story says in nect couple of weeks
Joselu - seemed certain last week, Firmino coming may stop it.
Brahim - Carlo said no today!
Kane - obviously depend on Benz departure. There would be difficult negotiation with Levy plus there are other options
RW
LB
RB - with sending Vinicius Tobias back, a new RB is doubtful!!
David Soria - portero to replace Lunin
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:59 pm

Humiliation was needed to clear the deadweight. I am all in.

Get Mendy off our roaster too and I am completely satisfied
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:48 pm

I question the deal made with Hazard. Was it a buyout of his contract or some buyout and allowing him to be a free transfer?  In any event, good business.

I saw Sports in other threads not liking comparison with Bale. On one hand, Bale did make some contributions, not as great as some people make them out to be, he had mysterious injuries that club couldn’t say anything about, didn’t play when club wanted him, didn’t get along with teammates, gave priority to his golf and Wales over club that paid him, and wouldn’t leave without full payment of his contract. Whereas Hazard issues was fat and injuries. He did get along with teammates, did play when asked and was willing to negotiate end of contract.

This timing opens up the door, roster wise to 3-5 new forwards, depending if Benzema is leaving.

Here’s hoping Flo makes the most of this. With this plus the Bellingham (lol, just realized I have been calling him Birmingham) signing fulfills all of the needs except fullbacks!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:16 pm

@Bill - Bale did have serious impact on the club's success during his first 3 years.   Hazard had literally none.

But agreed that Bale was a disgrace during his last 3 seasons.  But even then... did he get more goals and assists while being golfer compared to Hazard?  lol.

This is like trying to decide which pile of horse manure smells worse.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:45 am

I’ll agree to a certain extent, mainly your last sentence.

I in a way, hope Perez did buy him out. IMO, club has been too soft with the deadwood especially when roster spots are preventing seeking solutions in needed areas. Mariano is an example of this, as well as Hazard and Bale. Similarly far to soft with players refusing very valid loan offers, which would obviously be better for their careers. Thinking here of Vallejo?

If story of Mendy is true, plus the Hazard agreement, and heavy early negotiations with La Real for Odriozola
, the maybe just maybe, club is getting tougher!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:51 am

bale probably has the best debut season of a real madrid player i ever saw. scored a ton of goals in his first season, man of the match in an el clasico copa del rey final where he scored an awesome goal, scored the go ahead goal in a champions league final win (the long awaited la decima) in the same season. hazard did absolute zero. i could look away and pretend it never happened but we spent 100 million on him, that we could have used elsewhere.

Good riddance, he (hazard) should actually put together a video tribute/montage of madrid players, staff, and fans during his time here, cos the club gave him some valuable titles. he should be doing a video tribute to the club.....i bet even if the club tried, they would be unable to cook up a 7 minute montage of hazard. if they do it will be filled with stuff like him walking in the stadium or talking to the medical team.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:34 am

@tito... maybe with preseason they could put together a mediocre video of hazard lol
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:56 am

You guys keep asking for top tier left back when there's no top tier left back in the current market Laughing

Here's how things are going

Hazard, Mariano, Asensio all gone

Nacho close to leaving to Inter

Odriozola close to La Real

Mendy told he should leave but wants to remain

Lunin will leave to

Benz has neither confirmed he's staying or leaving. Lots of conflicting reports. Some tier 1s confirmed he hasn't decided yet and Marca said he's staying. This is still up in the air.

There are some serious links with Havertz. Some say he can go for cheap since Nkunku is heading to Chelsea. But I think this transfer depends on the Benzema situation.

Brahim confirmed by tier 1s and Taprizio that'll well sign Brahim to long term contract. Will take the Asensio role.

Joselu all but confirmed. Will take the Mariano role.

I would like a castilla player to take the Hazard spot, Arribas or Alvaro.

Tier 1s confirmed Davies is in the cards for 2024 if he doesn't renew bayern contract but no chance for this summer.

Bellingham will likely be announced this week.

Ceballos, Modric, Kroos all looking like they'll be extended

Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:42 am

futbol_bill wrote: With this plus the Bellingham (lol, just realized I have been calling him Birmingham) signing fulfills all of the needs except fullbacks!

He is from Birmingham, so you weren't too far off Razz I'm personally very excited about this deal. Winning the Bundesliga player of the year at 19 is quite incredible, and he's been performing consistently since he was 17. Early bloomer or not, he's someone who will serve us well for a long time.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:14 am

It's official. Benz is out.

Havertz and Kane rumors all make sense now.

The way I see it, here's my opinion

Kane - the most obvious choice but top reliable journos in England confirm Kane doea nor want to leave England. Which makes his signing impossible. Our sources confirm Carlo has asked for him

Firmino - interest confirmed by Cortegana and Taprizio but he won't happen now since Joselu is all but confirmed. Firmino was meant for the backup option

Lautaro - interest confirmed by Cortegana but would be costly and doesn't play as a main striker

Havertz - interest is confirmed by tier 1 madrid journos and Taprixio. Rumors say he can go for 50-70 million.

My honest prediction is well have Havertz - Joselu - Alvaro - Vini - Rodrygo - Brahim - Arribas as our forward options next season
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:28 am

Fml

We will not win shit next season if we don't replace Benz with a tier one striker.

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:30 am

Apparently we are going to announce alot of departures this summer. We are having a clear out. Sad that Benz is leaving at the same time as our deadweight and not with Carlo, Kroos and Modric next summer
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:19 pm

sportsczy wrote:@tito... maybe with preseason they could put together a mediocre video of hazard lol

this really had me laughing all over the place. now i'm searching for hazard preseason vids.

on another note, hindsight is 20/20 but i feel like with benzema leaving this year we really goofed by losing out on mbappe or haaland last season. i hope florentino starts strongly instituting the idea of replacing players 33 years and over so we don't miss out on younger talents in the future.

we definitely now have to spend on a forward, and one that flo might not even have been interested in to begin with.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:42 pm

sportsczy wrote:Muani will be expensive. Bayern and Chelsea are on him. Manchester United too.

According to Bild, the price tag is 100 million.

Very good player though.

He is worth it imo. Competition is stiff and for good reason.
Yet madrie and Carlo seem to favor Kane despite him not suiting us or lacking certain requirements.... for once I cant fathom what Carlo is thinking here.

My main problem with harry kane are 2 things: not a big game player and athleticism. It's no accident he largely disappears in europe but perhaps that may not be his fault considering his team. But imo harry kane isn't a "tier 1" forward.

and the 2nd reason being athleticism and for me its a deal breaker. If you want to be a cf for Real Madrid and you DONT want to be a burden on the attack, you must achieve a minimum of 32km/h top speed. Football is physical. And I believe we must always have speed. 32km/h guarantees an effective counter that opponents are forced to respect. And harry kane fails the metric as he clocks at 31.5 km/h. Ftr, Benzema is 33.21 km/h. Our opponents would have their time spent better on shutting down vinicius or rodrygo than worry about kane. Kane will be 30 next month, physically the only way for him is down. I don't expect him to improve his speed.

We would have to slow down our attack to accommodate him. And I believe that is a sacrifice not worth making. When you got guys like vinicius and rodrygo, slowing down the attack is the last thing we need. We would be nerfing vinicius and rodrygo to accommodate kane.

In this aspect is probably the only reason why I see us going after kai Havertz. Like benzema he too is around 33km/h. where he would play I can't say, the man is a cam. I don't understand what Carlo or flo sees in either of the two. Havertz as a cf is a joke. He's proven to be ineffective in that position.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:50 pm

Well, I like what i'm seeing so far these last few days regarding exits, lets see if we can continue offloading and acquiring with astute conviction, hopefully the transfer process is not dragged out this summer and we have the big signings confirmed sooner rather than later.

It's clear that since the start of 18/19 it's always felt like we are in a period of transition whether it be because of the changing of managers from Lopetegui to Solari to Zidane to Ancelotti, because of the aging of our contemporary legend players (i.e. Ramos, Benzema, Modric, Kroos, Carvajal, Marcelo), because of the adaptation process of players like Vinicius, Valverde, Courtois, Militao, Odegaard, Hazard, Asensio, Ceballos, and Rodrygo, or because of the waiting for the next generational Galactico forward i.e. Mbappe and/or Halaand. There's also been somewhat of a complacency sort of feel because of the 4/5 years CL achievement that involved a lot of intangibles that may have deluded many, I think. I think this next season that is coming up is the season where there should be some kind of decisive step that can help consolidate a new era with some good foundations.

No half measures.

A great club will always be in a state of forward and positive fluctuation but I think we're now at a crossroads where i'm not so sure we should be taking half measures in anticipation of another risky attempt at Mbappe.

Benzema, Asensio, Hazard, and Mariano out so far. I like that. Nacho as well apparently based on how he interacted with the fans today from some pictures I saw.

Next should be Vallejo, Odrioziola, perhaps Mendy although we should be very careful and mindful in the LB area (how available is Davies?), and I would also throw Ceballos in there if Bellingham is sealed and if the stories about Havertz are true. Yes, Fran Garcia is coming but what is his ceiling and is he at the very least functional as an LB defensively and offensively?

Haven't seen much of Havertz but from Leverkusen footage I saw eons ago and from some Chelsea match footage i've seen here and there I take it he could be a more dynamic and adaptable version of 14/15 James or dare I say even akin to a 13/14 Di Maria type player who could play as an ACM, wide midfielder, CAM, or inverted RAM? That could prove useful if he really is elite, adaptable, and with the better part of a decade still in his legs.

I also think Modric should leave but I take it he'll stay for one last year with Kroos.

I also think Ancelotti should leave based on the fact that he's never given the sensation that he is optimizing the players/team tactically or in the league with our consistency.

Who are the strikers available? Is Perez privy to the entire Mbappe situation?

Will we try to go for a Bellingham + Havertz +  Joselu + competent/affordable starting striker who could hold the line as we wait for Mbappe sort of deal (would Lautaro count as that?) or will we go for someone like Kane and if we do how would we bench him or accommodate Mbappe in the near future? Would Mbappe agree to and be elite as a lone ST? Vinicius won't ever work or be optimized as an RW.

Also, what's the situation with Pavard? Saw his name on Twitter today from some Bayern linked journalist saying that Madrid's inquiring about him and that he would like to play as a CB. Is he any good? 27 years old, how is he as a RB?

No matter what we need to win the league next season and the semis of the CL as minimum have to be the benchmark always as long as we have a great squad, and that we should next season.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:57 pm

Some updates for today
Outgoing/Extensions:

Nacho is close to extending. 1 year deal. He will be the captain

Ceballos is also close to extending. 3 year deal.

Mendy is still being told to look elsewhere, the club does not intend to extend although Carlo prefers to keep Mendy to rotate with Fran Garcia.

Odriozola transfer hedges on a transfer fee, we want a fee paid to us for him.

Vallejo is also being told to find another club now that Nacho will be extended.

Lunin is leaving too. IG post by his gf or wife confirms they are moving.

Incoming:

Havertz: a few 50/50 german sources confirm we've sent a 50m plus addons for Havertz. No Madrid tier 1 sources have confirmed this but the interest is real.

Kane: no news really but reliable english sources say he wants to stay in England, and reliable spanish sources say he wants the move and wants Levy to make it happen.

Bellingham: can be announced this week

After all of this I feel we are still in need of a right back. Fresneda's RC is now 20m. If we arent going to deal for Cancelo because of his attitude and his agent (Perez hates Mendes) then Fresneda is the next best bet
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:19 pm

Perucho, i think all of the outgoing is good news with the exception of Carlo’s view of Mendy.

However it is anyone’s guess about fullbacks.

For LB, I would like Davies, but that option is at least a year away and will be difficult. There simply aren’t a lot of options out there. So maybe Carlo is regrettably right. Make Fran the starter and use Mendy, Alaba and Nacho as backups!

For RB, i don’t think they are going to do anything! Letting Tobias go and saying they think Dani and Lucas are better, tells us what they are thinking!

As to Lunin, it seems that they felt it best for him to play and David Soria is coming in to replace him. I suspect Lunin will either be loaned or sold with a buyback option.

Bellington signing and Ceballos staying should soon be confirmed and that sets up midfield not only for next year, but foreseeable future. They will just need one more once Modric and Kroos depart.

So all attention now is on front line. With the departures, there is room for 4 signings or promotions (5 if they do nothing re RB). Here’s hoping they not only get a CF, but a RW as well as competent backups. I like the idea of Kane, Firmino, Joselu plus a legit RW who can score. The biggest question in my mind besides who will they sign is Rodrygo! Where does he play?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:28 pm

We got fresh news about Davies, according to horseman (jose felix diaz) we will attempt for Davies this summer, if not, next summer for sure. It will be amazing if we are able to get him and sell mendy for a decent fee

As far as RW, there isnt anyone right now that is convincing. We need an established world class RW that can dominate that side and unfortunately no one comes to mind. There's rumblings around the fanbase for Diaby but he is by no means elite and has a lower g/a compared to Rodrygo. In factm Rodrygo has much better stats than most right wingers in the world.

Unless there is someone who is the next messi/cr7 on the right wing, then Rodrygo will continue to be used there.

For RB, im not convinced on Fresneda. Hes a good prospect but would i trust him in UCL KO round? definitely not.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:59 pm

I have connection with Canada so I’m definitely hopeful about Davies, but with his value and contract to bayern highly doubtful for this year, so maybe that’s Carlo reasoning re Mendy. However club supposedly told Mendy to look for another club!

At RB, I don’t understand at all! For a mere 10,000 euros, Vinicius Tobias could have been retained and given a shot! All the reports I heard even from Carlo was that he was impressive!

I find it hard to believe that there isn’t a better RW out there than Rodrygo who doesn’t even belong in that role. It makes me want to get the three CF, i have been talking about and play 2 of them together occasionally.

Note, if they don’t get a RB nor RW, then there are roster spots for two kids, perhaps Arribas and Álvaro. Oh, almost forgot, there is possibility of Brahim returning and he could be a backup for RW.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:32 pm

Mendy got called up by France NT (and there's a lot of competition at LB with Hernandez brothers, Clauss, etc.).  Seems like it's not only Carlo that values him... I'll need to watch because I have to be missing something.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:50 pm

Didn't get called up when it mattered and he was a starter against our wishes. Gets called up now that he's become second choice Laughing

I might be in the minority but I have not been convinced by Davies. He has below average technique, can't pass a ball to save his life and is lazy getting back into positions. Cama has shown that the way to succeed in that position is to at least be competent technically an area both Mendy and Davies lacks in.

It's very worrying that we aren't hearing RB rumours beyond Pavard who is terrible.

I mean what are we paying Calafat for. The market can't be that dry.

Plot twist....we have added all these midfileders so that we can distribute them around the pitch..
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:21 pm

What's Reece James contract looking like?

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 39 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 39  Next