Thimmy
chad4401
futbol_bill
Doc
Mr Nick09
35 posters

Page 16 of 39 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 27 ... 39  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 16 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Cyborg Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:09 pm

Priority should be midfielder and, if jovic is sold, a striker.

Kroos is 31 and Modric is 35. Benzema 33

Midfield needs another passer.

Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 16 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:44 am

No priority is to get goalscoring attackers. Not midfielders or defenders
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:14 am

Lets be honest Jovic coming back from loan and hoping Hazard is our new attacking signings

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:43 pm

What are the opinion here on Marcel Sabitzer

Pretty decent midfield, great vision and passing.

Good upgrade and addition
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:19 pm

Cyborg wrote:What are the opinion here on Marcel Sabitzer

Pretty decent midfield, great vision and passing.

Good upgrade and addition

You already have Modric, Kroos, Casemiro, Valverde fixed for next season, then you have Odegaard being promised a decent opportunity, then Isco who apparently is impressing in training camp and Ceballos also back plus Alaba can play in Casemiro’s spot if necessary and Blanco available from Castilla.

Bottom line is midfield for next season is the least of the squad problems and no new midfielder will be signed.

Edit: I had just posted this and then I read this, basically same thing I just said.

https://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2021/07/15/60ef1a9222601d97798b45e5.html
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:22 pm

Did you see what happened last season?

The midfield was stretched, massively. Exhausted.

But keep the same, slightly older, midfield again this season? Seems legit.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:27 pm

But it's not the same midfield, maybe the same starting 3, but Ceballos, Valverde, and Odegaard will provide cover, and if the reports about Isco being more motivated hold any water, he'll be there too

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:38 pm

Do you really think that Ceballos can help at all? Come on. Odegaard is not really a CM. He's better suited to playing as a AM. Valverde is the only one that is a legit top talent CM and he was already at Real Madrid last year.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:28 am

It's more a matter of being able to provide cover. Ceballos might not have done anything material at Arsenal, but that doesn't discount that the talent and potential are there. He showed it at Betis and in the few chances he got when he was here. I'm not saying that we rely on him as a first choice, but coming off the bench, Ceballos is not a bad option.

Odegaard might be more of an attacker, but, again, as cover, I have no problem relying on him. Besides, I think that we do need a more attack focussed CM. One of the big concerns we've had with our midfield has been that it doesn't really get the ball forward, which Odegaard would do.

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:52 pm

I agree completely with Navash. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Modric, Kroos, Casemiro other than age. What that really means is they still have their talent and combined they are world class. However, they can’t sustain it over an entire season and thus rotations are necessary.

Odegaard is an immense talent, there should be no denying that as he easily displayed that both La Real and Arsenal. He may be more offensive, but I say he should be the replacement of Modric. All that he has been missing at Madrid has been game action. And of course he has to avoid injuries.

Valverde showed last season, he belongs and will easily be the Kroos eventual replacement.

Ceballos and Isco may not remain by September, but Isco reportedly is really impressing this summer. If he can keep that up, he can definitely help depth of team. And with Ceballos, he definitely needs to show what talent he has and on a consistent basis. But as the lowest guy on midfielder ranking list, he isn’t horrible. But as I said, it will be no surprise if either Isco or Ceballos or both, depart before September.

Then there is a backup for Casemiro. That is available in Alaba and Blanco (who will remain on Castilla roster). Both are more than adequate alternative.

As Hala has said multiple times, midfield is not a problem, at least for this year. Nor is defense, nor is portero. The sole issue is a lack of scorers in the front line!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:11 pm

Don't think you need to worry about midfield cover.

Isco has reportedly been impressing in training camp.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:48 pm

Well, it’s becoming clearer that there will be no Mbappe nor Haaland this summer. However it also looks like both Haaland and Mbappe will not move this summer and thus we can hope for next summer! Not because we are broke as many of the trolls are saying nor of the hatred of Flo / Spain as Sports and Farfan are posting, it is because of the lack of interest to shed the abundance of players in the squad numbers. These players are grossly overpaid for what they offer and are reluctant to leave. On the other side, other clubs are simply not interested.

but the positive side is that some of them are motivated to prove themselves and thus far Lucas and Isco are doing that. Hazard says he is determined to prove his worth this season. Then there is Bale that Ancelotti thinks he can get the best out of him. Plus given the Bale will be a free transfer next summer and wants to keep playing for WC with Wales, he just may be motivated to put in an honest effort.

My prediction is Jovic, Ceballos, Odriozola and Kubo will be moved either with sales (at discounted prices) or loaned out and thus trimming the numbers down to an acceptable number.

The lack of goals dilemma rest on Hazard, Bale and Benzema with backups being Vinicius, Asensio, Rodrygo and Mariano. Plus Lucas also available.

Midfield will be Casemiro, Kroos, Modric, Isco, Valverde, Odegaard with Blanco available from Castilla.

Defense will be Carvajal, Militao, Alaba, Mendy with backups, Lucas, Nacho, Vallejo, Marcelo. And Goal, Courtois and Lunin
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:50 pm

my own prediction is the squad stays as is. i dont go by the media, and i dont go by rumors. i just look at the trend at the club and if there's an official statement of interest on a player by flo. the way i see it, haaland and mbappe aint coming anytime soon.

mbappe will at some point sign an extension, because psg can offer a lot more.....and if he doesnt sign soon, his stock will go even higher because other clubs will be interested, not just madrid. lol i dont see how biding time works in our interest; its in mbappe's interest, if he's making 5 pounds, madrid will offer maybe 9 max. but psg can up the ante to say 15, and other teams could see that go even higher

i see haaland signing a deal with one of the PL clubs, i honestly dont think he is even under consideration by the club. i think their thing is, if the opportunity arises maybe, but i dont see it tbh

i wish it were different and we could bring some champagne football back, but i think this is the reality. so its best nobody gets their hopes up.....those guys will come when they are 31 and marca or one of these media outlets will champion it like its a victory. as futbol said, nobody seems interested in our castaways at least not for top dollar....and how can they be, some of em have barely featured or made a mark.

lets not forget even though the pro-media tries to say madrid have been prudent and havent really spent, we have spent probably just over 200 mill in the last 2 years (or 1 year if u exclude last summer due to covid).
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:21 am

Brilliant response Tito. You do realize you haven’t said anything different than me other than what Perez said to us socios about ATTEMPING a pursuit of either Mbappe or Haaland, possibly both and he did say it would be difficult and challenging. Simply put the plan was to see if Mbappe could come for some reasonable fee negotiated with PSG as he hadn’t renewed and is a free transfer next season if he holds on and that was before PSG played hardball. As with Haaland those statements were before his club put a 200+M price tag. But he does have a 70M exit clause kicking in next season. The other complication is the current squad size and the lack of interest in these over salaried players. So bottom line is nothing this summer. As to next summer, as things currently stand both of them may be available for much cheaper transfer clause. As to offered salary, there shouldn’t be issues with offering handsome salaries to either of them. But of course there will be lots of competition. I get the impression that a lot of you are confused about transfer costs which comes out of capital budgets versus salaries which comes out of operating budgets.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:16 pm

It's crazy how many ppl here are ok with the midfield at the moment.

Yea, the club has to be economical and cautious with the money it's spending. But to depend on Isco and Ceballos is crazy.

I love the links to Goretzka. This will be a clever addition. Be it this season or next.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:23 am

I agree with Tito. I think we really cant compete with the epl and PSG unless if the player only wants to come to madrid. But if they're after money we cant compete

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:13 am

@cyborg, people are just being realistic; nobody wants to go through the whole summer with the stress of "oh player x or player y may be coming" and then the summer ends and its the same faces. so most people just watching and observing.

it also doesnt help to have debates on 'how will de bruyne improve our squad' (btw i just chose a random example) when there's no inclination that he's in the plan or that the club is even looking at that. this isnt 2010, summers filled with realistic madrid rumors just isnt on the menu anymore. it might even be close to the exact same squad for the next 5 summers. so brace yourself
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:03 am

Chelsea is rumored to have offered 135 million BP to Dortmund and they're listening. Haaland ok with the move.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:29 am

sportsczy wrote:Chelsea is rumored to have offered 135 million BP to Dortmund and they're listening. Haaland ok with the move.

You quoting 90Min?

I doubt it's real, Everyone is Chelsea's camp seems to think it won't happen so I doubt we're going there.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:25 pm

titosantill wrote:@cyborg, people are just being realistic; nobody wants to go through the whole summer with the stress of "oh player x or player y may be coming" and then the summer ends and its the same faces. so most people just watching and observing.

it also doesnt help to have debates on 'how will de bruyne improve our squad' (btw i just chose a random example) when there's no inclination that he's in the plan or that the club is even looking at that. this isnt 2010, summers filled with realistic madrid rumors just isnt on the menu anymore. it might even be close to the exact same squad for the next 5 summers. so brace yourself

I'm just concerned about another struggle season.

It's not about bursting the bank and becoming Barca.

It's about being clever. Reasonable wages, minimal transfer fees.

Take advantage of the pandemic rates on these players.

There are so many good midfielders. The age of the current midfielders is concerning.

Waiting to see Carlo's system though.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:30 pm

Kick wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Chelsea is rumored to have offered 135 million BP to Dortmund and they're listening. Haaland ok with the move.

You quoting 90Min?

I doubt it's real, Everyone is Chelsea's camp seems to think it won't happen so I doubt we're going there.
It won't happen.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:37 pm

@cyborg, you aren't wrong, but that proper scouting or selection may be what a technical director would do....plus always remember, it is madrid. if madrid or any other big club is linked with a player, all of a sudden the parent club starts asking for 400 million for a player worth 4 dollars. i get ure point, but core scouting from a technical director is needed for that, and i actually made a post a while ago on that.....doesnt have to be spending 100 million nor spending 50 million on unknown teens. there's a middle ground, but hey, we dont know whats going on in the background, for all u know we may already be doing that. who knows
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:37 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Kick wrote:

You quoting 90Min?

It won't happen.

Yeah it won't.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:27 pm

Kick wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
Kick wrote:

You quoting 90Min?

It won't happen.

Yeah it won't.

Could you please not get in the way of me torturing Madrid fans. Thank you.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:29 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Could you please not get in the way of me torturing Madrid fans.  Thank you.

And there you have it! from the guy who disappears for weeks when his favourite NT crumbles. He has gone from an avid Madrid fan and good poster (although there was a time when he was banned for spending too much time trolling Barca fans on their section), to a very biased French poster making everything French highly hyped and discrediting everything not French, to now an extreme hatred of Florentine Perez and an anti Madrid troll!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:40 pm

I'd sign Saul from Atleti
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 39 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 27 ... 39  Next