BarrileteCosmico
RealGunner
Firenze
Thimmy
urbaNRoots
44 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter I - Page 16 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter I

Post by Helmer Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:16 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Helmer wrote:
Nishankly wrote:https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-make-44million-transfer-window-19171481

44m out
1.3m in

42m profit

Klopp [smiley]https://2img.net/i/fa/i/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/smiley]
Klopp at it again Mad
We would have easily won the title in the last season and even this season had we also spent like City and Utd usually spend.

Sorry but that's nonsense.

sorry but there are many logical scenarios. I can give you the most obvious one also. But I will let you figure it out albino

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter I - Page 16 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter I

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:12 pm

Was wondering why a 24year old Chalobah played for U21 last night....turns out he has a brother as well ffs

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:21 pm

RealGunner wrote:Was wondering why a 24year old Chalobah played for U21 last night....turns out he has a brother as well ffs

2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter I - Page 16 Racists-yh3bkRA98JcGI

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:02 pm

Pep wish he can play this football lol. Prime wengerball is unrivalled.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:40 pm

That he did that with those players it's what is so incredible tbh. Not that the offensive players weren't capable, of course, Arshavin, Nasri, Fabregas, RVP, and Alex Song to some extent were all wonderfully gifted and very technically sound footballers. But that move included Bendtner, Silvestre, and Diaby, and that team had a defense that featured Kolo, Eboue, and Djourou. Denilson was the main holding MF.

These are no Rodri, no Bernardo Silva/David Silva/KdB...fernandinho vs Denilson, forget about it. Silvestre, Djourou vs Stones, Laporte. Bendtner up front instead of Aguero lmao. No offense to Denilson btw I believe that year he was actually in his prime and quite good, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Wenger got a lot of stick for finishing fourth all those years but in retrospect it seems so wrong. The kind of football he played with the players he had, achieving the results he did, to me it was very impressive.

And he did relatively well in the transfer market too. That season I recall Arsenal sold Hleb to Pep's Barca no less and took in Nasri for a similar amount.

As a final side note, does anyone look like such an unlikeable POS as Nasri?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:14 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:26 pm

Unbelievable, I love Premier League fans.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:26 pm

That goal was 10 years ago. Neutral

Football has changed a lot. When Arsenal played the ball to the defenders, United didn't push out and press them, whereas these days most team would have done so. United's shape was a mess, too. Watch their midfield push up but the defensive line stay where it is, and how their front two don't drop back in.

Arsenal just overloaded them numbers. Nasri floated all the way to the right hand side from the left, Fabregas was there, Diaby, Bendtner coming short. Was easy to move United's midfield about and pull the defenders out of position. Not to say that type of goal isn't scored these days, but I think teams are so much more disciplined and compact. You don't see many backlines get pulled apart by one player being between the lines and a forward making a single run across them these days.

Wenger got a lot of stick for finishing fourth all those years but in retrospect it seems so wrong. The kind of football he played with the players he had, achieving the results he did, to me it was very impressive.

That Arsenal team was easy to counter. You can even see it during the goal, how all their midfielders and both full-backs push into United's half. Was insanely attacking.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:35 pm

JAVI GARCIA SACKEDDDDDDD

https://www.watfordfc.com/teams/first-team/club-statement-javi-gracia
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:40 pm

Why do teams always sack managers before playing us ffs, bound to drop points after new manager effect.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:42 pm

Lol, modern football in a nutshell. Clubs panicking after a bad start and not backing the guy who did well for them last season.

Apparently they want Sanchez Flores back... the guy they got rid of to make way for Walter Mazzari, which totally worked for them.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:45 pm

i recall when stoke had lost 4 in row and we helped them get out of crisis,hopefully not the same thing here
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:47 pm

The first thing that popped up into my head when you talked about how easy that Arsenal was to counter Jay.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:20 am

RealGunner wrote:

Pep wish he can play this football lol. Prime wengerball is unrivalled.

I would have loved to see whether Wengerball would survive against Klopp's animal press Proud

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:28 pm

Wenger Ball couldn't even deal with the one man press of Park Ji Sung matter about Klopp lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:40 pm

deceased with the commentary
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:16 pm

Have a watch on your Sunday morning/afternoon

Ruud Van Nistelrooy was actually my first favorite player. I played footy when young but never followed it professionally while really young (nobody cared, it never aired etc). Only exposure I had was when my ma's friend from England came over and got cheap United jerseys for my brother and I (which was odd because they're Spurs fans, but I assume she just picked it up for cheap somewhere as a gift).

So naturally when I got FIFA 2004, which was my first real exposure to professional footy, I played with United a lot and Van Nistelrooy was United's #10 and was really good in the game, so I grew to like him quite a lot.

Google video (lmaoo) and Youtube was the rest of my footy education. Special days those, could never catch football games live so I lived off of videos of Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Zidane, Figo, Cristiano Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Van Nistelrooy, Thierry Henry, Bergkamp, and eventually Messi too (and other greats).

In another life maybe I would have been a Man U fan. Glad that's not the case.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:24 pm

Some more nostalgia. Those too World Cup '06 commercials are two of my favorite ever. Amazing commercials

CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:47 pm

That Wenger era was likely my peak time of watching, supporting and of course sympathising with Arsenal and what I consider a last gasp for Wenger before mounting pressure and stress simply eroded from the romantic mind of football that made us love his Arsenal yet at the same time made it impractical.

That specific squad always cut down by one crucial player wanting away followed by the usual 'mercenary' accusations to which I supported as well until it dawned upon me these players knew they wouldnt win under a team where such goals were merely highlight reels of what was a team that really cut it against the big teams and moments bar some exceptions and I have seen Gooners after Gooners dim their hearts and lose that adulation for their team, parallel to how Arsene himself did.

And it was amongst the saddest sights of a team outside of mine, to see.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:50 pm

CBarca wrote:

Some more nostalgia. Those too World Cup '06 commercials are two of my favorite ever. Amazing commercials

The 2nd commercial is the child's imagination of football scenario's that many of us still possess, in 1:53 mins of perfection.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:14 pm

Arquitecto wrote:That Wenger era was likely my peak time of watching, supporting and of course sympathising with Arsenal and what I consider a last gasp for Wenger before mounting pressure and stress simply eroded from the romantic mind of football that made us love his Arsenal yet at the same time made it impractical.

That specific squad always cut down by one crucial player wanting away followed by the usual 'mercenary' accusations to which I supported as well until it dawned upon me these players knew they wouldnt win under a team where such goals were merely highlight reels of what was a team that really cut it against the big teams and moments bar some exceptions and I have seen Gooners after Gooners dim their hearts and lose that adulation for their team, parallel to how Arsene himself did.

And it was amongst the saddest sights of a team outside of mine, to see.

I couldn't have said it better, myself. Arsenal is the team I've followed the longest, although I never considered myself a genuine fan. Wenger is the common denominator in the most exciting teams in the club's history, but he's also been around to witness the flaws of the club persist through to modern time. Hell, he might've been part of the flaw, himself. Arsenal have seen some fantastic players come and go, and for me, they've always been synonymous with economic efficiency in the transfer market. Which is naturally a good thing.

In hindsight, though, it makes you wonder how different things could've been if they hadn't been so frugal with their spending for all of these years, and had done more to build a strong bench during times when their first team was strong, yet didn't achieve much due to injuries and underwhelming bench alternatives. Or when they simply needed to strengthen one or two positions in order to weed out their main weaknesses.

I feel sorry for Wenger, but at the same time, all evidence points towards him stubbornly wanting to stick to his old ways of doing things. He may not have had much say in regard to their disposable budget, but he had chips to play with, and he could've even moved to a more ambitious club if he wanted to. Some may consider it an indication of faithfulness and love for the club that he stuck around for so long, but I think he ended his career on a low note, considering what he achieved as a manager, earlier in his career. I always imagined he would coach a club like, Ajax towards the end of his career. Instead, I'm sure many will remember him as a guy who stayed beyond his usefulness.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:46 pm

Wenger's admitted plenty of times he had offers from Madrid and Bayern but he had a project at Arsenal he wanted to see through.

2011 was the turning point for him. Fabregas and Nasri leaving in the same summer destroyed his project. Ramsey looked a star in the making but his leg was broken and Wilshere was amazing at 17/18 but had persistent ankle problems, so he was left with a crocked Rosicky, on-loan Benayoun and the steady Arteta to fill the creativity gap. It still amazes me van Persie scored as many goals as he did in 11/12. Honestly, I think any other manager would have walked out of that situation because that transfer window set the club back at least two years.

Staying didn't help Wenger either because it encouraged him to stick to his way instead of take on a fresh perspective. It was well documented that he was behind on tactical trends, didn't do a great deal of analysis on opponents and kept the same staff around for ages. A sabbatical or just being with new people at a different club might have changed that.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:23 pm

CBarca wrote:

FIFA 98 World Cup, FIFA 99, FIFA 2000 though >>>>>

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:28 pm

I think Arsenal under Wenger were the team more appreciated from fans outside of Arsenal
At least outside of UK , so outside from rivalry
Still I remember that 0-3 got  by Inter at Higbury as one of most amazing nights as Inter fan.
We were in crisis , and we were going to face an amazing team ( Arsenal got that "invincible " record exactly in that year, I think . it was 2003-2004). That Arsenal gave you a sense of potence but yet we played the perfect match and won 0-3. Then Zaccheroni ruined everything on 2nd leg with that 1-5 but that good memories keep in me.
Effectively the real gross sin by Wenger is not have won in Europe against Arsenal.
In that golden period they could get a Champions League, they were an elite team worthy of it but they weren't capable to get same performance in Europe . Reasons for you?
Anyway , and I came back on my first words, it was hard not feel empathy for that team, they're so iconic led by Thierry Henry in his prime
And at the end Arsenal are a state of mind, so you can't be indifferent to them.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:47 pm

Seems a lifetime ago that I was a kid and Arsenal were United's main rivals. Magical time though. Proud

Could never bring msyelf to despise them though like I did Chelsea, Pool etc. Because they played great football and had some of my favourite players. Bergkamp, Overmars then later RVP, Fabregas etc.

@Robespierre I remember that game, Arsenal vs Inter 0-3

Honestly think that the CL was at its best in the early to mid 2000s, maybe because I was a kid but it always felt magical, GOAT decade for spectators. Football has never recaptured the feelings the CL gave me back then (and it wasn't just because United were competing in it regularly since I got just as hyped for other teams)

2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter I - Page 16 A338a0a54db4a8803ac6e40db8856305
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:53 pm

It's getting there imo.  The elite clubs can't force other clubs to sell... because the entire EPL and a handfull of other clubs have just as much buying power.

So you're seeing in a shift.  Top 4 in EPL will all compete hard in CL.  So will PSG, Juve and Bayern.  So with Barca, Madrid and Atleti, you now have 10 clubs that can legitimately beat each other.

A few years ago, there was literally a top 3 (madrid, barca and bayern) and then a step down for the next tier.  That's gone forever imo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next