2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV Empty 2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV

Post by BusterLfc on Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:49 pm

@The Demon of Carthage wrote:Well, that argument would make more sense if the teams you guys have faced this season were as good as the ones United faced in 2008, but that's not true. Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea were significantly more powerful back then than they are now.

Sometimes stats don't tell the whole story, and as impressive as Liverpool have been this season, the premier league now is not nearly as strong as it was in 2008.

Just a reminder, that year, 3 premier league teams reached the semi finals of the CL.

Your argument would make more sense if Liverpool didn't dominate almost every team in the CL for 2 seasons in a row. Last year we had all PL final in both euro comps, and for 2 seasons in a row all PL teams are passing through the group stage in both comps, something never done before. But PL is the weakest now because Liverpool is dominating it. People are too nostalgic about old teams and players, so they overrate them.


Last edited by BusterLfc on Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 2533
Join date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV Empty Re: 2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV

Post by Nishankly on Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:50 pm

@Firenze wrote:no team has ever had such weak level of competition, so it's not a surprise

I'm not calling Liverpool mediocre or anything, it is what it is.


Fergie time, UEFAcelona.

Thanks for adding another word for denial in the history books, nothing more.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 19559
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV Empty Re: 2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV

Post by Unique on Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:26 pm

liverpool dominating europe. liverpool dominating england. liverpool dominating the world. so is the world of football rubbish or are liverpool simply the best team in the world hmm
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV Empty Re: 2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV

Post by Unique on Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:28 pm

@Firenze wrote:no team has ever had such weak level of competition, so it's not a surprise

I'm not calling Liverpool mediocre or anything, it is what it is.
man we beat the best in europe. we beat the best in the world. we will beat the best in england are you saying there are no good teams or players left in the world. scratch
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV Empty Re: 2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV

Post by Firenze on Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:36 pm

You won't win the CL this season and regardless, Barca, Real, Atleti are all at their worst in many years too. Bayern and Dortmund too. Italy are irrelevant unlike 10-15 years ago. Which superb teams are you dominating? I'll wait.

Pool fans projecting that other fans are bitter and what not

I'm not a bitter type, I think you're just projecting because you've been irrelevant for decades and are trying to paint your only period of relevancy as the best we've ever seen.

FOH. The stats can say what they want. Fans know. Not even a top 3 team of the PL era.


Last edited by Firenze on Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 31801
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV Empty Re: 2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV

Post by Firenze on Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:44 pm

United vs Chelsea on Monday night, actually kinda hyped for this one. Very important match between two sides that, in my opinion, are equally shit.

expecting an emotional debut for IGHALO and a big game from BRUNO.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 31801
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV Empty Re: 2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV

Post by Unique on Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:48 pm

@Firenze wrote:You won't win the CL this season and regardless, Barca, Real, Atleti are all at their worst in many years too. Bayern and Dortmund too. Italy are irrelevant unlike 10-15 years ago. Which superb teams are you dominating? I'll wait.

Pool fans projecting that other fans are bitter and what not

I'm not a bitter type, I think you're just projecting because you've been irrelevant for decades and are trying to paint your only period of relevancy as the best we've ever seen.

FOH. The stats can say what they want. Fans know. Not even a top 3 team of the PL era.
rofl rofl thats like saying other teams won the title and the champions lge because liverpool were not at there best at the time. did man u win all them titles because they were good or did they win them because liverpool were not as good as they were in the past:hmm: . we could all say that mate. west ham fans could say madrid only won 13 champions lge titles because west ham did not have the best team and manager in the world at the time madrid won them.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV Empty Re: 2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV

Post by Unique on Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:00 am

@Firenze wrote:United vs Chelsea on Monday night, actually kinda hyped for this one. Very important match between two sides that, in my opinion, are equally shit.

expecting an emotional debut for IGHALO and a big game from BRUNO.
ighalo is training away from the team because he came from china and they are worried about corona virus. trust manure to panic buy a striker on dead line day that has to be quarantined from the squad Laughing Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV Empty Re: 2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV

Post by BusterLfc on Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:48 am

@Firenze wrote:You won't win the CL this season and regardless, Barca, Real, Atleti are all at their worst in many years too. Bayern and Dortmund too. Italy are irrelevant unlike 10-15 years ago. Which superb teams are you dominating? I'll wait.

Pool fans projecting that other fans are bitter and what not

I'm not a bitter type, I think you're just projecting because you've been irrelevant for decades and are trying to paint your only period of relevancy as the best we've ever seen.

FOH. The stats can say what they want. Fans know. Not even a top 3 team of the PL era.

What the fuck is this shit? This is some bullshit. So not only are Liverpool winning the PL because all teams in England are shit, they are winning the CL because all the teams in the world are shit except for Liverpool and we are apparently in the worst phase of football in history despite it bringing the most money in history in this era and being as popular as ever.

Then I can say the same thing about any team that dominated in any season in history. Reals 3 CLs in a row? Which superb teams did they beat? Barca wasn't the same after their midfield declined, Bayern was much weaker after their treble Heynckess season.. Juve? Serie A was relevant 10 years ago etc..

See? I can paint the same picture for any team that ever won anything.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 2533
Join date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV Empty Re: 2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV

Post by BusterLfc on Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:49 am

United was playing a CL final with Fabio, Valencia, 40 y/o Giggs, Park, Anderson, Chicharito in their starting line-up. But football teams were much stronger back then, right?
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 2533
Join date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV Empty Re: 2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV

Post by Nishankly on Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:54 am

I really don't understand why we are even giving any face time to Firenze or EG who can't handle the truth.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 19559
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV Empty Re: 2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV

Post by Firenze on Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:56 am

@BusterLfc wrote:
@Firenze wrote:You won't win the CL this season and regardless, Barca, Real, Atleti are all at their worst in many years too. Bayern and Dortmund too. Italy are irrelevant unlike 10-15 years ago. Which superb teams are you dominating? I'll wait.

Pool fans projecting that other fans are bitter and what not

I'm not a bitter type, I think you're just projecting because you've been irrelevant for decades and are trying to paint your only period of relevancy as the best we've ever seen.

FOH. The stats can say what they want. Fans know. Not even a top 3 team of the PL era.

What the fuck is this shit? This is some bullshit. So not only are Liverpool winning the PL because all teams in England are shit, they are winning the CL because all the teams in the world are shit except for Liverpool and we are apparently in the worst phase of football in history despite it bringing the most money in history in this era and being as popular as ever.

Then I can say the same thing about any team that dominated in any season in history. Reals 3 CLs in a row? Which superb teams did they beat? Barca wasn't the same after their midfield declined, Bayern was much weaker after their treble Heynckess season.. Juve? Serie A was relevant 10 years ago etc..

See? I can paint the same picture for any team that ever won anything.


no you can't, but it's definitely relevant to Real's 3peat also

deal with it fellas. again, I'm not saying this Liverpool team aren't good, but I'm not buying your bollocks about them being the best of all time. Laughing

Aside from City, not a single elite team from the last 15 years are at anything but their worst. Objectively. (alright, maybe not Juve since Fulham beating them was pretty fucking low)


Last edited by Firenze on Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 31801
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV Empty Re: 2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV

Post by Nishankly on Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:59 am

@Firenze wrote:
@BusterLfc wrote:
@Firenze wrote:You won't win the CL this season and regardless, Barca, Real, Atleti are all at their worst in many years too. Bayern and Dortmund too. Italy are irrelevant unlike 10-15 years ago. Which superb teams are you dominating? I'll wait.

Pool fans projecting that other fans are bitter and what not

I'm not a bitter type, I think you're just projecting because you've been irrelevant for decades and are trying to paint your only period of relevancy as the best we've ever seen.

FOH. The stats can say what they want. Fans know. Not even a top 3 team of the PL era.

What the fuck is this shit? This is some bullshit. So not only are Liverpool winning the PL because all teams in England are shit, they are winning the CL because all the teams in the world are shit except for Liverpool and we are apparently in the worst phase of football in history despite it bringing the most money in history in this era and being as popular as ever.

Then I can say the same thing about any team that dominated in any season in history. Reals 3 CLs in a row? Which superb teams did they beat? Barca wasn't the same after their midfield declined, Bayern was much weaker after their treble Heynckess season.. Juve? Serie A was relevant 10 years ago etc..

See? I can paint the same picture for any team that ever won anything.


no you can't, but it's definitely relevant to Real's 3peat also

deal with it fellas. again, I'm not saying this Liverpool team aren't good, but I'm not buying your bollocks about them being the best of all time. Laughing


No problem, the problem is that Arsenal fans have a problem in their anus when this conversation comes up. This year, we are the best, nothing more to say.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 19559
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV Empty Re: 2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV

Post by BusterLfc on Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:16 am

@Firenze wrote:
@BusterLfc wrote:
@Firenze wrote:You won't win the CL this season and regardless, Barca, Real, Atleti are all at their worst in many years too. Bayern and Dortmund too. Italy are irrelevant unlike 10-15 years ago. Which superb teams are you dominating? I'll wait.

Pool fans projecting that other fans are bitter and what not

I'm not a bitter type, I think you're just projecting because you've been irrelevant for decades and are trying to paint your only period of relevancy as the best we've ever seen.

FOH. The stats can say what they want. Fans know. Not even a top 3 team of the PL era.

What the fuck is this shit? This is some bullshit. So not only are Liverpool winning the PL because all teams in England are shit, they are winning the CL because all the teams in the world are shit except for Liverpool and we are apparently in the worst phase of football in history despite it bringing the most money in history in this era and being as popular as ever.

Then I can say the same thing about any team that dominated in any season in history. Reals 3 CLs in a row? Which superb teams did they beat? Barca wasn't the same after their midfield declined, Bayern was much weaker after their treble Heynckess season.. Juve? Serie A was relevant 10 years ago etc..

See? I can paint the same picture for any team that ever won anything.


no you can't, but it's definitely relevant to Real's 3peat also

deal with it fellas. again, I'm not saying this Liverpool team aren't good, but I'm not buying your bollocks about them being the best of all time. Laughing

Aside from City, not a single elite team from the last 15 years are at anything but their worst. Objectively. (alright, maybe not Juve since Fulham beating them was pretty fucking low)

I didn't say the best of all time. Just the best team ever in a single PL season.

How tf did this topic go this deep anyway Laughing
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 2533
Join date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV Empty Re: 2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV

Post by Nishankly on Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:55 am

@BusterLfc wrote:
@Firenze wrote:
@BusterLfc wrote:

What the fuck is this shit? This is some bullshit. So not only are Liverpool winning the PL because all teams in England are shit, they are winning the CL because all the teams in the world are shit except for Liverpool and we are apparently in the worst phase of football in history despite it bringing the most money in history in this era and being as popular as ever.

Then I can say the same thing about any team that dominated in any season in history. Reals 3 CLs in a row? Which superb teams did they beat? Barca wasn't the same after their midfield declined, Bayern was much weaker after their treble Heynckess season.. Juve? Serie A was relevant 10 years ago etc..

See? I can paint the same picture for any team that ever won anything.


no you can't, but it's definitely relevant to Real's 3peat also

deal with it fellas. again, I'm not saying this Liverpool team aren't good, but I'm not buying your bollocks about them being the best of all time. Laughing

Aside from City, not a single elite team from the last 15 years are at anything but their worst. Objectively. (alright, maybe not Juve since Fulham beating them was pretty fucking low)

I didn't say the best of all time. Just the best team ever in a single PL season.

How tf did this topic go this deep anyway Laughing


Denial.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 19559
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV Empty Re: 2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV

Post by Myesyats on Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:46 am

@Firenze wrote:I think you're just projecting because you've been irrelevant for decades and are trying to paint your only period of relevancy as the best we've ever seen.

It's kinda true hmm

But it's fine, enjoy your 5 minutes hmm
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 13045
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 78

Back to top Go down

2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV Empty Re: 2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV

Post by Kaladin on Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:27 am

@Firenze wrote:United vs Chelsea on Monday night, actually kinda hyped for this one. Very important match between two sides that, in my opinion, are equally shit.

expecting an emotional debut for IGHALO and a big game from BRUNO.


Its cute seeing United fans scouring for optimism, how's Salt and Sanctuary by the way?

Hoping for a Chelsea win anyhow, seems like they're the lesser of 2 evils.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 23395
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV Empty Re: 2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV

Post by Zagadka on Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:16 am

On the way to win the league with 112 points

have lost a single solitary league game since MAY 2018 (before Russia world cup)

Hasn't lost a 2-legged European tie since Besiktas 2015

conceded literally one goal since start of December

Completed the greatest CL comeback of all time with top star players missing the game. Could have been back to back CLs if not for the worst goalkeeping performance of all time in a final.

Only didn't win the double last season, because competing with official money-laundering cheats....97 points, 3rd highest in PL history, significantly more than SAF ever got close to.



"This Liverpool team is only doing it, because competiton in PL/CL are trash and they are lucky and VAR!!!!!"

Honestly, if anything, we've been pretty unlucky. We could have easily had another PL and CL to our name with just a little bit of luck. but well, not too late....I could live with the double this season.


p.s. at least Nish is not longer reverse-jinxing our title win. my lad finally grew a pair Cool
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Posts : 566
Join date : 2018-03-20

Back to top Go down

2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV Empty Re: 2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV

Post by RealGunner on Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:03 pm

Aston Villa XI: Reina, Hause, Konsa, Engels; Guilbert, Drinkwater, Douglas Luiz, Targett, Grealish, Samatta, El Ghazi

Spurs XI: Lloris, Aurier, Alderweireld, Sánchez, Davies; Dier, Winks, Dele Alli, Lucas Moura, Son, Bergwijn
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 86889
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV Empty Re: 2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV

Post by RealGunner on Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:04 pm

We have a player from Tanzania in the PL ffs

@The Demon of Carthage must be proud
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 86889
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV Empty Re: 2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV

Post by Doc on Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:35 pm

I thought DoC is from Tunisia?

Unless he has relatives in Tanzania hmm
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 14888
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV Empty Re: 2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV

Post by RealGunner on Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:42 pm

He said Tanzania i think. Requested a flag for it too.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 86889
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV Empty Re: 2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV

Post by rincon on Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:03 pm

Could have swore it was Tunisia, that's why he is the demon of carthage
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 14607
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV Empty Re: 2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV

Post by Lucifer on Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:04 pm

Tunisia it is. I know all my demons by hard.
Lucifer
Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7487
Join date : 2015-06-16
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV Empty Re: 2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV

Post by halamadrid2 on Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:05 pm

Why does it feel like there hasn't been any PL games this weekend

Why aren't anyone playing?
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 21599
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV Empty Re: 2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum