M99
S
McLewis
silver
Great Leader Sprucenuce
21 posters

Page 27 of 37 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32 ... 37  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 27 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 34

Post by Casciavit Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:02 pm

I'm a regular AEW watcher. He should be debuting Aug 20, on their Rampage show (their version of Smackdown and it would be their second episode). It's all but officially confirmed.

Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 27 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 34

Post by Casciavit Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:03 pm

RealGunner wrote:

Heard he asked for release due to mental health issues. Not sure if that is true or not though.

Word coming out is its budget cuts. Unbelievable.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:04 pm

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=149285

PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources that WWE chose to release Bray Wyatt and that the word going around was that it was a budget-related reason, similar to other big cuts, such as Braun Strowman. It was not a case of Wyatt asking to be released.

We are told that Wyatt was called by John Lauirinaitis (who wasn't even at TV this week as he's in the middle of moving back to Connecticut) and informed it was simply a budgetary decision and not something Wyatt had done.

To say that the reaction within the company was stunned would be a massive understatement given how plugged into licensing the Wyatt character has been in recent years. The Fiend had been a massive hit for t-shirts and action figures.

One source pointed the finger squarely at WWE President Nick Khan and CFO Kristina Salen, stating that they are so "obsessed" with the company not being even one iota in the red on the financial ledgers that even after the most recent financial quarter, there had to have been a push to cut costs where with previous regimes, there would have been more leniency.

Others noted that Wyatt and Vince McMahon's relationship behind the scenes ran very hot and cold at times and that McMahon has given Khan the ability to run things far more than anyone else has historically been able to accomplish, so there was likely less of a push-back over the idea of cutting a big money contract from the ledger.

Another source pointed that Wyatt's 90 days would run out the week before AEW's Full Gear and how Vince McMahon may have been very prophetic about handing AEW other assets during yesterday's media call.

For those who have asked if there are other releases coming today, we have heard nothing that leads me to believe that is the case.

El Gunner wrote:when is Punk debuting in AEW? do any of you watch that show?

They are gonna tour in Chicago during late August so around then. And yeah, I sporadically watch it. It blows very hot and cold, since getting crowds back they have been on a hot streak lately.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:08 pm

Punk, Bryan, and Wyatt all about to join AEW. Jeez.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:16 pm

Maybe Wyatt will sign back to WWE on a lower salary. Idk he always struck as a WWE lifer to me. Samoa Joe did it and Strowman is all but confirmed to be doing it too. Then again Wyatt is a much hotter commodity than Strowman. Thing is AEW roster is super bloated even with Rampage starting soon. And as far as I know they are not gonna do a brand split.

@Casciavit what are you thoughts on AEW overall? What did you think of Hangman and Dark Order losing? I for one didn't mind because watching NJPW showed how great long-term storytelling can be but I can see a lot of people being turned off by that. I think maybe they don't want Hangman to have his big moment around the time Bryan and Punk are debuting so they are delaying it to Full Gear. That would stop him from getting overshadowed and also make it exactly one year since he lost to Omega.

I just hope Kenny gets a better match than Christian at All Out ffs. Can't see it immediately being Punk or Bryan because of the rankings system
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:33 pm

Bray Wyatt is the most creative wrestler of his generation, if not all time. If he's available AEW must get him. Vince wasted him, but he was able to get over not once, but twice as swamp Bray and fiend Bray.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:42 pm

@M99

Honestly, after he lost I didn't think too much of it. I thought they'd just try to rewrite his story to get him to All Out in another way since they had five weeks of TV left. But journalists are reporting he's not the planned opponent anymore.

I'm not sure what to think of it. On one hand, I'm kind of bored of Kenny's reign and I think their storyline is overrated. I thought it was great before the pandemic, but the pandemic has slowed it down, and I hate seeing Page hang around the Dark Order. I was expecting to see Page beat Omega, then drop the title to MJF at Full Gear. Then MJF would drop the title to Punk or Bryan.

Seems to me like Tony has pivoted and wants Punk/Bryan to be main eventing against Omega for the title. Those are the money matches, title or no title, but billing those as the championship main event will do a bigger gate.

I can't see Omega going over both of them. So to me, it seems like Page is going to get the short end of the stick. I'm not a fan of that. Even if I think his storyline with Omega is overrated, the crowd is really into him and their feud and they should get a payoff. Bryan and Punk don't need the title ASAP. But Tony's a CM Punk fanboy so he probably wants him to take the title off a heel instead of a rising face as that can negatively impact the crowd reception.

So yeah, I'm not that big of a fan of the direction it seems they are going. That being said AEW has a smark audience so I can see Page's treatment easily backfiring. It could lead to a 2014 Daniel Bryan-esque situation.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:17 am

I think the timing is bad for Page.

I genuinely wouldn't put the belt on him rn, there's still legs to this story imo although granted they need to be careful they don't fuck it up because with Punk coming in the spotlight will be on him and the last thing you want to do is for fans to forget about Page.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:23 pm

Ric Flair released.

Apparently Adam Cole’s contract is up after SummerSlam. Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:35 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz_RK7Wl0tY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a1pNdkcNcc

Thats a star.

inb4codybeatshimaftergrandreturn
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:47 pm

So the latest reports are that Vince has given up on NXT. He's acknowledged that they lost the war to AEW and now he wants to change it up back to the pre-indies NXT era.

Hiring talents based on da look and those who are young will be paramount now. No more stockpiling of indy talents. He wants it to go back to an actual developmental not a glorified indie fed.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:50 am

Because he's incapable of building anybody if they aren't huge guys.

How Ex WWE guys have looked in AEW are a massive indictment on Vince's inability to actually know what talent is anymore.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:42 am

Damn Cena roasted Reigns again. What a fire promo
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:27 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhF7qFn_9Xw
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:37 am

I wasn't impressed by the promo tbh.

It was basically let Cena do all the talking while Roman sits there and acts all smug and arrogant.

This works when Roman is in the ring by himself but not in a 1 v 1 scenario.

People will say he destroyed him and yeah of course he did because he wasn't scripted to come back at all lol, there's no way Roman would just sit there and take it if it was up to him.

Makes his character look weak AF.

I hate it when they do this shit, also the build for this match has been absolutely terrible.

This promo should have happened 3 weeks ago, instead we are week away and this is basically their first confrontation if you can even call it that.

The build for Edge and Rollins has been 10,000 times better.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:24 am

Heyman is a Roman Reigns guy now? Laughing yea average promo, even by Cena's standards.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:24 pm

Looks like it's unofficially official

Can't wait for 20th ffs!!
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:42 pm

where do y'all watch AEW online?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:45 pm

El Gunner wrote:where do y'all watch AEW online?

I have only been following it on YouTube regularly but AEW recently signed a massive TV deal with India so I can get to watch it live on Eurosport India.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:59 pm

watchwrestling.la
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:15 pm

thanks
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:46 pm

There isn't anything interesting in WWE right now apart from Cena-Reigns feud.

I've been following AEW for a while and they have much better storytelling. Lots of interesting feuds. The feud between MJF and Jericho for example has been very entertaining to watch.

You add Punk and Bryan to the mix and WWE are well and truly in danger.

The one thing I don't like about AEW is there are way too many factions. Too many guys sucking off the main guy(s).

It's a packed roster now so hopefully having two shows now will give much needed screen time for the less prominent guys.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:21 pm

just came across this while browsing... man Laughing we'll never see GOAT storylines again like Eddie and Rey fighting over the custody of a child here. Promos used to be so sick and awesome back in the day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcgwjsKLoOY
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:35 am

Cena vs Reigns build has been such trash, only WWE can fuck up such a easy thing.

Rollins and Edge build has been like approximately 10 million times better.

It's to the point i have zero interest in watching Cena vs Reigns now, imagine being so bad at your job that you actively make someone not want to watch your main event.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:24 am

The GOAT is back baby!!!

What a fucking ovation. Greatest return in wrestling easily.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:13 am

I don't know how many times I've watched this. Damn, wrestling feels great again.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 37 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32 ... 37  Next