M99
BigBoban
arabprince
Rossoneri Ninja
9 posters

Go down

Silva's Attitude Empty Silva's Attitude

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Thu 21 Jul - 13:25:26

I have noticed a disturbing attitude change in Silva during the Copa America.

We can all agree that Brazil's Copa didn't go all so well, many would say the players flopped, the coach was at fault but i tend to disagree with such statements. What i saw of Brazil in the Copa was a talented team yet to learn how to play well with each other, so many inconsistent performances attacking and defending wise. They defend well one game and forget how to score, the next they attack well but forget how to defend.

What has this to with Silva? His season with Milan was near flawless, apart from his outstanding defensive displays his attitude and demeanor was cool and classy, however during this Copa he looked without motivation and passionless. In some games when Brazil's back was against the wall i've seen him openly have a spat with Lucio ( team captain) whilst the ball was still in a dangerous postion. His demeanor during the games was that of a boy being dragged to school. Also he made many uncharacteristic mistakes.

Imo i would rate his Copa as 5/10 , for most this was a learning experience in the Brazil team, but for Silva i fear it was more an annoying & frustrating one. He wasn't the worst of the defense, but for someone who is touted as one of the best cb's of the season ,one would've expected more from him. It came as a real shock to me seeing Silva have a go at Lucio (after Lucio idiotically tried to run with the ball out've defence only to lose it ).

oh and one last thing

Spoiler:
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Silva's Attitude Empty Re: Silva's Attitude

Post by arabprince Thu 21 Jul - 14:36:30

I agree. It was strange seeing Silva act like that. Maybe he just doesn't like Lucio? They are on rival teams after all. I'm sure it won't carry over to Milan.
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBoban Thu 21 Jul - 14:59:21

As long as he shakes his demons and plays with the passion of last season MIlan will be fine.

Also I believe Brazil played poorly in general, not just Silva. Take your pick of flops, i think a lot of the young ones showed their true worth, making their buyout clauses look silly
BigBoban
BigBoban
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu 21 Jul - 16:10:03

On pitch results frustrated him no doubt about that. Don't worry you won't be flamed, I agree with you. Silva was far from his usual self, maybe fatigue played a part? Maybe he missed Nesta by his side?

No, from what I think is Mano made a mistake in picking both Lucio and Silva. I know experience counts but they are too similar, their partnership was doomed to fail from the start. When playing alongside David Luiz for Brazil, both of them looked very impressive albeit in friendlies. So Mano should have piccked wither Silva/Luiz or Kucio/Luiz for Brazil.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu 21 Jul - 16:22:55

i really dont see what you guys are talking about,lucio and silva were flawless.Alves and Ramires were the ones ruining it.No wonder Silva got mad.

When mano dropped alves for example,paraguay didnt have a single shot on goal,while in the group stages they scored 2 goals against us.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu 21 Jul - 16:37:42

Ganso wrote:i really dont see what you guys are talking about,lucio and silva were flawless.Alves and Ramires were the ones ruining it.No wonder Silva got mad.

When mano dropped alves for example,paraguay didnt have a single shot on goal,while in the group stages they scored 2 goals against us.

Flawless? Come on man you're exaggerating.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu 21 Jul - 16:44:49

i dont remember them doing anything wrong.

my only beef is with lucio always trying to go forward.

Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu 21 Jul - 17:05:03

Ganso wrote:i dont remember them doing anything wrong.

my only beef is with lucio always trying to go forward.

Well I do. They ma not have conceded many goals but I remember them losing the ball, failing to stop attacks and not cooperating together properly.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Thu 21 Jul - 17:50:38

I'm a Lucio fan, and I'm not saying this as an Anti-Inter fool, but let me spit it out: Lucio's downward tendency is shockingly painful to watch.

He's clearly overweight and consequently less mobile that he once was, he doesn't sprint forward Kaka-esque like he used to and although his mental and other physical attributes are still outstanding, he is definitely going down.

It's not an accusation, but needless to say he's 33, and it's only natural.

Let's face it, Menezes made a mistake in leaving David Luiz out, the Silva-Luiz duo need to play at least 20 games together in order for them to find the agreement and understanding needed for Brazil's defense in World Cup 2014.

Menezes vowed to create a team that could compete at an optimal age in the WC, the fans and the media shared the same ideas and hence compromised their desire to see old champs like Kaka and Ronaldinho in the yellow shirt once again, but Mano betrayed his own words by taking Lucio and Maicon to the tournament, guys who will be a bit old for a literally breathtaking tournament in three years.

Thiago is fine, he just needs a better wife in Brazil's backline!
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu 21 Jul - 18:01:30

well,if we only brought youngsters to CA,we would probably get owned by stronger sides.

i believe we will be even "younger" against germany in a few weeks
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Thu 21 Jul - 20:18:10

come on, its Copa America, not the WC! Paraguay is in the final and have not won a game yet, the competition is a joke.. Im also pretty sure the stadium in the game between Uruguay and Peru wasnt even full, like it wasnt an "important" game.

Silva's Attitude 1176772-633801847724396865_flameshield_super
I think I need this also Very Happy
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Fri 22 Jul - 9:34:32

Thanks for the great replies guys !

Well i tend to agree that the Silva / Lucio partnership hasn't truly flourished, it is imperative that Mano bring in Luiz to get some valueble experience. Its as Iras said, Lucio is losing allot of physical traits that used to make him so good, most would say he's got some years left, but Lucio was always the sort of player that seeks to dominate physically , its natural that over the years that he would lose this area dominance to strikers in their prime.

Lucio is still great but im pretty sure he won't make it for 2014, also i believe that Brazil needs a new captain, Thiago Silva anyone?
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri 22 Jul - 12:12:45

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:Thanks for the great replies guys !

Well i tend to agree that the Silva / Lucio partnership hasn't truly flourished, it is imperative that Mano bring in Luiz to get some valueble experience. Its as Iras said, Lucio is losing allot of physical traits that used to make him so good, most would say he's got some years left, but Lucio was always the sort of player that seeks to dominate physically , its natural that over the years that he would lose this area dominance to strikers in their prime.

Lucio is still great but im pretty sure he won't make it for 2014, also i believe that Brazil needs a new captain, Thiago Silva anyone?

If he is a starter and maintains his Barcelona form, then Dani Alves.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jul - 15:52:37

I don't see Alves as captain material.

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat 23 Jul - 12:22:36

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:I don't see Alves as captain material.

Me too but he's the most experienced. Robinho is currently vice captain but I'm pretty sure Hulk will replace him soon.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by fadjriemilan Sun 24 Jul - 2:33:10

I think Thiago would be a great captain. He will be 29/30 at 2014.
fadjriemilan
fadjriemilan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun 24 Jul - 2:35:59

too bad our italians will be too young once our veterans retire
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Sun 24 Jul - 3:10:34

If Gattuso, Seedorf and Ambrosini are not on the field who will wear the armband? My vote goes to Nesta or Abbiati.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun 24 Jul - 3:15:02

def nesta...........
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor