RealGunner
Collblanc
Hapless_Hans
35 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Niko Kovac Sack Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Niko Kovac Sack Watch

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:54 pm

Well Wenger loves to tell the media he turned down RM multiple times in his hey days. What goes around comes around. That said Rumminege is a terrible human being. I despise that idiot. Bayern as a whole like to air their dirty laundry in public so who knows maybe he's just exercising SOP

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:57 pm

Arquitecto wrote:The disrespect on Wenger is unreal.

An overstayed sample size in Arsenal is a poor way to judge his abilities as a manager. Yes he lacks tactical acuity and age has had him stubborn like most ageing managers yet the last years of his tenure have had posters forget what he is.

Not going by the past as I maintain the year in year out stress of coaching what I feel is England's most stressful club to coach and given the tantamount size of roles he took within the club, eroded his energy and numbed his mind. I repeatedly stressed practically half of this decade he needs a sabbatical to redevelop, similar to Mourinho, Allegri and Carlo and the break has done his face wonders let alone the way he speaks.

His deutsch is impeccable given Strasbourg is basically Germany and Bayern will no doubt give him the tools to develop despite their hierarchy having a stronghold over the grander decisions.

Plus this squad is still better than anything Arsenal had this whole decade and comfortably so.

Just seizing each and every opportunity to bash Hans’ favorite club, on this rare occasion that the spotlight actually is on his club. On the topic of Wenger to Bayern, though, reports seem to suggest that Bayern have turned him down.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:01 pm

Wenger saying he turned down Madrid is just food for thought as he would talk about it long after the fact. Bayern announcing they turn down Wenger as an official statement is legit ridiculous.

The men that run Bayern are really detached from reality tbh.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:04 pm

Germans really have no chill, strictly business :bow:
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:13 pm

Sad!
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:19 pm

Doc wrote:Wenger saying he turned down Madrid is just food for thought as he would talk about it long after the fact. Bayern announcing they turn down Wenger as an official statement is legit ridiculous.

The men that run Bayern are really detached from reality tbh.

Especially when you look at the context where Wenger mentions it... he gives Madrid full respect but emphasizes that his history and loyalty to Arsenal kept him there; not because he thought Arsenal was in any way a bigger or better club. As he said one time "If I wanted money, prestige, and an unlimited budget, I would have gone to Madrid..."
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:06 pm

Wenger is bigger than bayern

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:51 pm

boyzis wrote:Wenger is bigger than bayern

Agreed.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:59 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Well Wenger loves to tell the media he turned down RM multiple times in his hey days. What goes around comes around. That said Rumminege is a terrible human being. I despise that idiot. Bayern as a whole like to air their dirty laundry in public so who knows maybe he's just exercising SOP

Do you remember that time he turned down Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi, though? Find a chair, and I’m sure he’d be happy to tell you about it Smile
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:10 am

You don't need to tell me Laughing at one point he turned down Pele. Did he mention that? Maybe not yet but he will soon.....
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:12 am

So a tabloid reporter claims we are negotiating with Wenger, and GL posters pour in to laugh at Bayern's stupidity, then the same tabloid claims we won't hire Wenger, and GL posters pour in to call our board disgusting human beings.

You guys are a bunch of clowns.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:52 am

You know what that shows? GL doesn't discriminate and hate Bayern regardless of whether or not they hire Wenger.

That's consistency. That's commitment. That's integrity. That's GL.
Niko Kovac Sack Watch - Page 6 Soldier-saluting-during-sunset-picture-id598536752?k=6&m=598536752&s=612x612&w=0&h=bzQYOIaQ9LYySIah-_gXA6iLbhL0Z4eEMuj3LwjRsEQ=
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:18 am

Stop attacking Zidane and Madrid then...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:22 pm

Doc wrote:Stop attacking Zidane and Madrid then...

the last post of me attacking Zidane is easily weeks old.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:29 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Doc wrote:Stop attacking Zidane and Madrid then...

the last post of me attacking Zidane is easily weeks old.

This is backdated torment then. May you continue to suffer tbh.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:46 pm

I have come to the neutral conclusion that of all the clubs that are supported on this forum, Bayern has got to be the most disliked club of all.

Each fan here can make a case for his own club be it Milan to Manchester United to Real Madrid but for all the dislike aimed at those clubs, twice as many fans exist.

With Bayern, you have 1 and a half fan.

Hans the obvious one and Viva when convenient for him for the progress of Bundesliga.

Might be why Lewandowski also gets so much hate despite being a striker with legendary figures.

I feel it began around Bayern's successful era post-van Gaal.

So the scorn to the German club is bound to bring out the opinions above.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:02 pm

My dislike started when Salihamidžić had not so kind words for Madrid. And then there was Hans and his constant berating of my beautiful team. His suffering is key tbh...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:32 pm

To be frank, I appreciate many things about Bayern, but Hans deserves to get abducted and anal probed in a flying saucer, so may the suffering continue Molenation
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:21 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:You don't need to tell me Laughing at one point he turned down Pele. Did he mention that? Maybe not yet but he will soon.....

The hell are you talking about?

Wenger has never claimed to have turned down Messi or  Ronaldo or someone close to that caliber. He has said that he was close to signing them which is a fact, Ronaldo himself spoke about it as did Mendes, his agent. We’ve all seen the pics of Yaya Toure/Ibrahimovic in Arsenal gear.

The same is true about the jobs he refused while he was Arsenal manager, I think it was Hoeneß who talked in length about the time when they wanted Wenger at Bayern. I see no reason to not believe that Real Madrid wanted Wenger at the time either, Real Madrid were a mess and Wenger was one of the hottest manager in the mid 00’s.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:38 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:You don't need to tell me Laughing at one point he turned down Pele. Did he mention that? Maybe not yet but he will soon.....

Wenger has never claimed to have turned down Messi or  Ronaldo or someone close to that caliber. He has said that he was close to signing them which is a fact, Ronaldo himself spoke about it as did Mendes, his agent. We’ve all seen the pics of Yaya Toure/Ibrahimovic in Arsenal gear.

The same is true about the jobs he refused while he was Arsenal manager, I think it was Hoeneß who talked in length about the time when they wanted Wenger at Bayern. I see no reason to not believe that Real Madrid wanted Wenger at the time either, Real Madrid were a mess and Wenger was one of the hottest manager in the mid 00’s.

I don’t doubt that it’s true. I’ve watched at least two interviews where he mentions that he «almost signed Ronaldo». I just find it a bit funny, because while that makes for a good story or material to talk about in interviews, it ultimately doesn’t matter since he didn’t actually sign them Smile
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:58 pm

Thimmy wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:

I don’t doubt that it’s true. I’ve watched at least two interviews where he mentions that he «almost signed Ronaldo». I just find it a bit funny, because while that makes for a good story or material to talk about in interviews, it ultimately doesn’t matter since he didn’t actually sign them Smile

It does matter if you read the quotes with context, he is a very articulate person and explains why he couldn’t sign Ronaldo and the other players. He has never considered it an achievement just having been close to signing these players. He has never arrogantly said that he has refused them as you two speculated.

Sure it’s funny, I agree but denying that these things happened is actually ridiculous.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:54 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:

Figure of speech. Wenger is known for making these statements like I nearly signed such and such player. It has become a joke now. Hence my Pele reference. I have no doubt in my mind that we were after Wenger at some point in his career but that wasn't the point I was making. It was in a response to someone who said it's disrespectful for Bayern to air in public the fact that he contacted them and they refused. He has done and still does it all the time so I don't feel like it is disrespectful for Bayern to do it in this instance. As for an exact list of which players he nearly signed, i have lost count so dont keep a tab anymore. He's almost signed the whole football world
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:25 pm

Arquitecto wrote:I have come to the neutral conclusion that of all the clubs that are supported on this forum, Bayern has got to be the most disliked club of all.

Each fan here can make a case for his own club be it Milan to Manchester United to Real Madrid but for all the dislike aimed at those clubs, twice as many fans exist.

With Bayern, you have 1 and a half fan.

Hans the obvious one and Viva when convenient for him for the progress of Bundesliga.

Might be why Lewandowski also gets so much hate despite being a striker with legendary figures.

I feel it began around Bayern's successful era post-van Gaal.

So the scorn to the German club is bound to bring out the opinions above.
Niko Kovac Sack Watch - Page 6 2,width=650,height=650,appearanceId=5,version=1478003241
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:57 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:33 pm

would have absolutely loved him for the season
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:32 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:

Figure of speech. Wenger is known for making these statements like I nearly signed such and such player. It has become a joke now. Hence my Pele reference. I have no doubt in my mind that we were after Wenger at some point in his career but that wasn't the point I was making. It was in a response to someone who said it's disrespectful for Bayern to air in public the fact that he contacted them and they refused. He has done and still does it all the time so I don't feel like it is disrespectful for Bayern to do it in this instance. As for an exact list of which players he nearly signed, i have lost count so dont keep a tab anymore. He's almost signed the whole football world

Wenger didn’t say that it was disrespectful did he, it was some users on the Internet who are trying to get a reaction from another user. So I don’t see why you needed to take these shots at Wenger instead of the people who actually said that it was disrespectful. You are taking offense on something he never did/said.

You seem to have some kind of resentment for Wenger, which is strange because Wenger has always been a respectful man. If he “almost signed the whole football world” then it’s probably because be almost did, he was in the game for a long time and he must’ve been refused / or has refused a lot of players in his career.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next