halamadrid2
Hapless_Hans
The Demon of Carthage
Doc
Mr Nick09
34 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 28 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by titosantill Tue 28 Aug - 4:32:54

i would like that mariano move to happen, he seems to have made a name for himself at lyon, would like to see what he can do here...but these days at madrid you can't afford to get too excited about anything

titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 28 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by FennecFox7 Tue 28 Aug - 7:09:54

mariano reminds me of cavani. average technique. but a great athlete with a very high workrate
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue 28 Aug - 10:18:38

mariano is not the answer.   I'm telling you people.  Having watched him at Lyon... he had 2 great months to start then he was bang average.  very very one dimensional.  Makes Cavani look like the second coming of Messi technically. Cavani is 1000000000000000000000000x better.

better than nothing...  but he's just a more athletic version of Mayoral and Joselu.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue 28 Aug - 11:50:58

Finally some good news. Mayoral can feck off to Sevilla for all I care
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue 28 Aug - 12:01:11

At this stage Sports, it was to make an improvement on Mayoral, be it Rodrigo, Aspas or now Mariano. It really came down to cost, since whoever they get is likely temporary and for sure backup to Benz.

And I’m afraid that’s all we are getting this year. Only chance of a January signing will be a significant injury. So we rely on no bad injuries to Bale, Benz.

There is one possibility re January and that would be Vinicius, if he develops, accustomizes, proves himself by Christmas, he may make the move to 1st team permanent. But I stress MAY.

Next season, they will again try for the big signing, Neymar or Mbappe, but also Vinicius should be ready and You have Rodrygo coming to Madrid, likely in a similar scenario as Vinicius this season. Plus there is a chance Odegaard might be given more of a chance than what he had this summer.

Last edited by futbol_bill on Tue 28 Aug - 15:46:28; edited 1 time in total
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue 28 Aug - 12:05:07

And speaking of future years, we still have a few players getting long in tooth that will be departing, likely in this sequence over next 3 to 5 years.

Navas, Modric, Benzema, Marcelo, Ramos
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue 28 Aug - 13:11:52

Mariano for 20m is a steal, plus as a back up he’s head and shoulders above Mayoral. He also brings something different- grit and determination whereas Mayoral is just a way worse version of Benz.

Off the bench I actually have faith that Mariano can grab goals like Morata.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue 28 Aug - 13:22:04

@Sports, We were not going to sign a star striker this summer, there is not one on the market, and the "stars" around are all over 30 and would have cost more than we received selling CR. I see nothing wrong with the club saying no to that.

Mariano is just a bench option to bring some goals and we know the boy can score. The club is putting the responsibility on Bale and Benzema to deliver.

@Bill, there is no guarantee that PSG allows those players to walk next summer. Actually, unless one of them really pushes their way out, PSG will never sell. This idea that for sure next summer we will get Mbappe or Neymar is completely ridiculous.

We need to be open to the next round of young strikers, and we will most certainly have to take a chance on someone.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue 28 Aug - 13:32:52

Mbappe already said that he would stay at PSG this season and then we'll see. I think he'll ask to leave and PSG won't get in his way since that was one of the caveats if he were to go there (i.e. 2 years of guaranteed service and then Mbappe has the option to leave at a certain price).

Neymar has the same type of understanding from what people say.

That's the reason Di Maria, Cavani, Draxler, etc. aren't being sold. They will likely need them after this season.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue 28 Aug - 14:06:56

They are not being sold because PSG want a competitive squad. Why sell all their good players if they have to?

I'm just saying there is 0 guarantee these players want to leave next summer.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue 28 Aug - 15:43:37

Mr Nick09 wrote:@Sports, We were not going to sign a star striker this summer, there is not one on the market, and the "stars" around are all over 30 and would have cost more than we received selling CR. I see nothing wrong with the club saying no to that.

Mariano is just a bench option to bring some goals and we know the boy can score. The club is putting the responsibility on Bale and Benzema to deliver.

@Bill, there is no guarantee that PSG allows those players to walk next summer. Actually, unless one of them really pushes their way out, PSG will never sell. This idea that for sure next summer we will get Mbappe or Neymar is completely ridiculous.

We need to be open to the next round of young strikers, and we will most certainly have to take a chance on someone.

Nick, again you are mis reading me. Is it my english? I didn’t say they would get Mbappe or Neymar, I said they would likely try! That a big difference to me or at least I understand it to be, again maybe there is something wrong with my english!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue 28 Aug - 15:48:39

Sevilla confirm that we've informed them thar we'll exercise our by back option. As a consolation the least we could do is gift them Mayoral on a free transfer maybe even Mayoral <----> Sarabia straight swap
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue 28 Aug - 18:36:27

Uff, confidence is this guy's second name
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue 28 Aug - 19:34:22

He has irrational confidence
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed 29 Aug - 0:42:36

at this point i think i can say i was wrong. we had an argument last season can't remember with who, but from my observations, the other people i was arguing with were correct- we need a sporting director. the obsession with players we cannot sign is screwing us over big time, and we are thus playing on the complete opposite side by spending big on young not ready players

in this situation, where it seems the coach doesn't have a list of players he would like, and flo seems hung up on players whose clubs will not sell, a sporting director (a sensible individual, not just an ex-player getting pension) may be necessary at this juncture
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed 29 Aug - 12:45:17

Today’s updates. Deal to bring back Mariano complete. No word yet on Mayoral going (likely on loan), although it does sound like they may keep him as a 3rd striker.

And now they are taking about bring back Mario Hermoso who is a left footed CB and can also play LB. He has a 40M exit clause, but Madrid had sold him with a buyback option of 15M. This move will allow Vallejo to go out on the much needed loan.

So after all the criticism of Flo he has gotten all three players, Courtois, Mariano and next Hermoso, for relative cheap cost. And he still has 300M waiting for that big signing, hopefully coming next season.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed 29 Aug - 13:11:25

AS saying we are gonna sign Hermoso back

Marca saying Vallejo will stay
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed 29 Aug - 13:19:48

futbol_bill wrote:Today’s updates. Deal to bring back Mariano complete. No word yet on Mayoral going (likely on loan), although it does sound like they may keep him as a 3rd striker.

And now they are taking about bring back Mario Hermoso who is a left footed CB and can also play LB. He has a 40M exit clause, but Madrid had sold him with a buyback option of 15M. This move will allow Vallejo to go out on the much needed loan.

So after all the criticism of Flo he has gotten all three players, Courtois, Mariano and next Hermoso, for relative cheap cost. And he still has 300M waiting for that big signing, hopefully coming next season.

next season comes and flo signs a 15 year old from somewhere and gives us another speech on how we are sticking with our identity, lol
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed 29 Aug - 13:26:22

As I think about it... If Mariano is happy as a bench player, he's almost the perfect sub. His main (and really only) skills are athleticism, speed and decent finishing. When a defense is tired and there's space, he can make a difference.

But he's not going to do well without space and if we're asking him to be part of the short passing buildup. You almost need to leave him on top and forget about him until you can get the ball in the box.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed 29 Aug - 13:59:25

Perez is basically saying that he won't sign sub talents for 200 mil or crazy money I see nothing wrong with that. There are other ways to build a strong squad than dropping 100 mil left and right
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed 29 Aug - 14:48:22

At this point the whole bench will be filled with Canteranos Laughing

I don't mind Hermoso. He got alot of praise last season when he man matked Ronaldo out of the game
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed 29 Aug - 15:51:51

I liked Perez game plan for a while now and how he is evaluating players, fans know nothing about team building and how good/bad are or will be, let's not forget if we follow 10% of the post on here, everybody on the team would be sold off for a bad game then replaced by some YouTube pleb, long before winning 1 cl much less 4.

so not spending asinine amount of money to recreate another cr7 diva bs is fine with me, matter a fact if the team performs well this season. I suspect no more ridiculous signings for while just proper scouting getting more young talent which is better than buying overrated(mbappe) or old players (cavani)for silly money(just because your salty about benzema for 100th time), atleti and barca been spending do they look twice as good as us? nope.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed 29 Aug - 15:58:40

People blame Perez for not signing a star. but is there any available star?

the only one was Hazard but Chelsea wanted something like 200M for him. That's crazy money.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed 29 Aug - 16:04:35

And btw not signing a replacement for CR and still winning trophies will be so satisfying.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed 29 Aug - 17:18:32

Having fit Bale will be like a new signing. We have a better back uo striker than last season too. If Bale manages to score even half of Ronaldo's 50+ goals we'll be fine. Because he is an unselfish teammate too. He's started the season very well. If he stays fit he can easily score 20+ league goals this season. If Benz can manage 10+ we have Mariano on the bench who can fill the rest. I am suddenly more excited now
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed 29 Aug - 17:46:38

Mr Nick09 wrote:Perez is basically saying that he won't sign sub talents for 200 mil or crazy money I see nothing wrong with that. There are other ways to build a strong squad than dropping 100 mil left and right

That tune will change once the trophies stop... and they have stopped imo. Shortsighted. The market has NEVER retracted in football. Either you accept the prices for what they are or you live in denial... and lose a lot of games.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next