Wenger?

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Julen Numptegui Suicide Watch - Page 11 Empty Re: Julen Numptegui Suicide Watch

Post by Jay29 Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:06 pm

Time for Wenger imo hmm

In all seriousness though, Lopetegui has somehow made Madrid weaker at the back with his set-up while also limiting his front-line (thought it has to be said there's a giant Ronaldo-shaped hole up there). So while he wouldn't be ideal, maybe Conte would be a decent short-term solution. You'll trade away style but get some solidity and spirit back in return.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:08 pm

Don't think Conte at Real would work out, as much as I rate him
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:08 pm

Lopetegui rofl
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:09 pm

think Wenger would be the better choice too.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:10 pm

Said he'd be gone by Christmas, couldn't even live up to those lofty expectations.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:10 pm

Alan Pardew imho
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:11 pm

Zidane is available
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:11 pm

Warrior wrote:Zidane is available

Moyes as well

Allardyce is a good shout also if not Pardew
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:14 pm

I honestly don’t see our defense being weakened by his setup, but rather by individual defenders consistently allowing opposing players to get into good scoring positions - something our offensive players seem incapable of. We didn’t concede these goals as a result of and inviting defensive structure. As much as I would like to believe that someone else will come in and turn things on it’s head, that just doesn’t seem very realistic without some changes to the squad.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:15 pm

Julen Numptegui Suicide Watch - Page 11 Big-sam-madrid-min-765x496
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:15 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Don't think Conte at Real would work out, as much as I rate him
It would be like Bayern hiring Kovacs ad going the nuclear option of saying they want to be more defensive.

who do you think would work? the defensive issues we have can't be solved by Wenger and the likes.

but we dont have enough CBs to play 3 at the back, we would have to sign in the winter
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:16 pm

It's a job for Montella
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:26 pm

Thimmy wrote:I honestly don’t see our defense being weakened by his setup, but rather by individual defenders consistently allowing opposing players to get into good scoring positions - something our offensive players seem incapable of. We didn’t concede these goals as a result of and inviting defensive structure. As much as I would like to believe that someone else will come in and turn things on it’s head, that just doesn’t seem very realistic without some changes to the squad.

Individual errors are a part of it, but usually mistakes come from a weak set-up putting defenders under more pressure.

For example, you ask both full backs to be aggressive going forward, but leave only two CBs and Casemiro for cover. So it's easy for teams to knock a ball down the sides and pull that cover all over the place (which Sevilla did very well), especially if there's an ineffective press.

Also, you're supposed to be pressing under Lopetegui but I didn't see it much today. And that's not a good thing when you've got a highline. Levante's first goal today came from this. No pressure on Postigo and he can ping a straight ball over your defence. Varane gets the blame because he's the closest defender, but Morales could have ran in behind any of your defenders in that situation (especially Ramos, who wasn't even in line with the rest of his defence).

Essentially, Madrid are playing a high-risk approach with a blunt attack. If you're scoring two+ goals a game you could justify it, but as it is the attack isn't clicking enough to justify leaving the backline so unprotected.

Last edited by Jay29 on Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:27 pm

S wrote:Eagerly looking forward to the total football Madrid are going to play under Lopetegui that the incompetent Zidane couldn't while I'll also be keeping a close eye on the trophy count come the end of the season

:coffee:

Couldn't even muster up like 3 wins nevermind trophies Laughing

Silly Madrid fans shitting hard on the GOAT Zidane by hyping up their total football fantasies. Where's your god now ?

This numpty is getting routinely beat by scrubs nevermind total football ffs. Even Man United aren't this bad right now like seriously.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:28 pm

Firenze wrote:Julen Numptegui Suicide Watch - Page 11 Big-sam-madrid-min-765x496

:bow:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:38 pm

i agree with that last comment by S wholeheartedly...whilst i'm not into the idea that a manager can just be solely a "motivational" coach, to downplay that and overhype strategies that anyone on youtube can develop is ridiculous. when you have above average to good players the motivational part counts more than any tactical set up. sadly i'm also not into the business of having coaches fired everyday, we pay a release fee for this sackings damn it. and we need every penny to overhaul this squad, which is past its sell by date
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:40 pm

it is so funny seeing you guys entirely blaming him for our pour results and throwing random names of potential candidates, as if changing the manager was the answer to Madrid's woes.

How can you blame him when you look at the squad he has been given? You want him to do as well as Zidane without Ronaldo? Plus, let me remind you that Zidane was struggling really, really bad with a much stronger squad. What makes you think he would do any better with a weaker one?

At least be fair with your criticism for god's sake. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve any criticism. I'm just saying that Madrid's problem is their shit transfer policy and cheapness, and you would have to look a little bit higher to find the one who's truly responsible for this shit show.

Our problems won't disappear after firing Lopetegui. Even if you brought Mr Luck back, he wouldn't do squat with this dysfunctional squad.

Lopetegui's only mistake was to accept the Madrid job knowing fully well that he won't be getting any elite reinforcement. He should've done exactly like the ones Madrid contacted first (Allegri, Poch, ...) and declined the job, because he was simply hired to be the scapegoat.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:41 pm

S wrote:
S wrote:Eagerly looking forward to the total football Madrid are going to play under Lopetegui that the incompetent Zidane couldn't while I'll also be keeping a close eye on the trophy count come the end of the season

:coffee:

Couldn't even muster up like 3 wins nevermind trophies Laughing

Silly Madrid fans shitting  hard on the GOAT Zidane by hyping  up their total football fantasies. Where's your god now ?

This numpty is getting routinely  beat by scrubs nevermind total football ffs. Even Man United aren't this bad right now like seriously.

I take wholeheartidely the blame here. I started that Zidane is the worst coach (footballing wise) thread and I regret it. Only Pep is superior to Zidane and that's because he plays better football. But what he managed to achieve with this squad was amazing.

It's like Florentino decided he is going to hire someone worse than Zidane so the fans will realize we will never improve on Zidane. Simeone and Pep hates Real Madrid and only these are the alternatives right now in this era where managers are in their best prime. Never has managers been so good in football imo.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:46 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:it is so funny seeing you guys entirely blaming him for our pour results and throwing random names of potential candidates, as if changing the manager was the answer to Madrid's woes.

How can you blame him when you look at the squad he has been given? You want him to do as well as Zidane without Ronaldo? Plus, let me remind you that Zidane was struggling really, really bad with a much stronger squad. What makes you think he would do any better with a weaker one?

At least be fair with your criticism for god's sake. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve any criticism. I'm just saying that Madrid's problem is their shit transfer policy and cheapness, and you would have to look a little bit higher to find the one who's truly responsible for this shit show.

Our problems won't disappear after firing Lopetegui. Even if you brought Mr Luck back, he wouldn't do squat with this dysfunctional squad.

Lopetegui's only mistake was to accept the Madrid job knowing fully well that he won't be getting any elite reinforcement. He should've done exactly like the ones Madrid contacted first (Allegri, Poch, ...) and declined the job, because he was simply hired to be the scapegoat.

And what's the excuse for The Spanish Moyes when he was the worst coach in Porto's history ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:47 pm

No matter what you tell yourself DoC never say Zidane was doing worse with this squad Razz This is our biggest goalscoring drought of ALL TIME.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:50 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Said he'd be gone by Christmas, couldn't even live up to those lofty expectations.

When I saw Madrid lineup in that wide 4-3-3 in preseason I had him being sacked as well. Main issue is that Madrid lack a finisher and a change of pace in the final third. Bale is injury prone and Benz is a finished sideman.

Ngl I feel bad for Nick. He wanted a possession coach for the last 2 years and the one he wanted is flopping. Seems to be the case with midtable tiki taka coaches in the past few years. Pep and Sarri the exception.

Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:52 pm

guest7 wrote:No matter what you tell yourself DoC never say Zidane was doing worse with this squad Razz This is our biggest goalscoring drought of ALL TIME.

Dude, he's playing without a goalscorer, how can you blame him for the drought or compare him to Zidane. Zidane had Ronaldo. Who does Lopetegui has? Benzema? Bale? Asensio?

Jesus, how can you not see how unfair it is to compare him to Zidane. He's playing with the worst attack Madrid has ever had since Schuster and Juande Ramos.

You could bring Pep and he wouldn't do anything with this. Sometimes, I get the feeling you guys don't realize just how shitty Benzema is.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:54 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
The Demon of Carthage wrote:it is so funny seeing you guys entirely blaming him for our pour results and throwing random names of potential candidates, as if changing the manager was the answer to Madrid's woes.

And what's the excuse for The Spanish Moyes when he was the worst coach in Porto's history ?

Winning a trophy in youth football>>>proving yourself at top level
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:54 pm

Casciavit wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Said he'd be gone by Christmas, couldn't even live up to those lofty expectations.

When I saw Madrid lineup in that wide 4-3-3 in preseason I had him being sacked as well. Main issue is that Madrid lack a finisher and a change of pace in the final third. Bale is injury prone and Benz is a finished sideman.

Ngl I feel bad for Nick. He wanted a possession coach for the last 2 years and the one he wanted is flopping. Seems to be the case with midtable tiki taka coaches in the past few years. Pep and Sarri the exception.

yes it sucks, i wanted a coach to leverage our talent more without relying on individuals and this is going sideways. Lopetegui's debut was promising and it went south very quick.

like i said, the pendulum will swing hard the other way
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:57 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
guest7 wrote:No matter what you tell yourself DoC never say Zidane was doing worse with this squad Razz This is our biggest goalscoring drought of ALL TIME.

Dude, he's playing without a goalscorer, how can you blame him for the drought or compare him to Zidane. Zidane had Ronaldo. Who does Lopetegui has? Benzema? Bale? Asensio?

Jesus, how can you not see how unfair it is to compare him to Zidane. He's playing with the worst attack Madrid has ever had since Schuster and Juande Ramos.

You could bring Pep and he wouldn't do anything with this. Sometimes, I get the feeling you guys don't realize just how shitty Benzema is.

We went from achieving the most consecutive games scored in a row record(76) LAST year to the biggest goal drought in Real Madrid's history.

I'm speechless tbh. None expected it to be this bad
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next