Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
RealGunner
14 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Ghost of Tsushima - Page 3 Empty Re: Ghost of Tsushima

Post by Firenze Thu May 14, 2020 10:18 pm

the aesthetic appeals tro me greatly, don't think the visuals are mind blowing, some of the combat animations look clunky

looks like a day 1 for me but I see it being another Horizon, good game, memorable for its year but not a GOTG contender

still, that's pretty kneejerk from me, if the story is great that could certainly elevate it

Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 14, 2020 10:38 pm

Gameplay kinda looks like hybrid of AC and Witcher 3.

Looks pretty good .
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 14, 2020 11:31 pm

Firenze wrote:the aesthetic appeals tro me greatly, don't think the visuals are mind blowing, some of the combat animations look clunky

looks like a day 1 for me but I see it being another Horizon, good game, memorable for its year but not a GOTG contender

still, that's pretty kneejerk from me, if the story is great that could certainly elevate it

Tbf GOTG means all time classic, that's a pretty insane level for it to reach.

With that said i just watched it and my only real concern is how in the Samurai section of the video some of the AI just stood around and watched.

I hope it's just a case of showing off the game and in reality it's not like that.

Aside from that it looks great imo, I'm hyped.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 14, 2020 11:35 pm

I suppose even if it is like that though you can just play like the Ghost segment of the video, which looks more fun anyway.

At least when it comes to taking out groups.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu May 14, 2020 11:49 pm

Exploration looks great. The open world seems by the numbers to me with the gathering materials and enemy bases (shipyard) reminding me of the recent AC games. Looks like a hybrid of AC, Witcher, Breath Of The Wild in a feudal Japan setting. I'm with Firenze, the story could set this game apart.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri May 15, 2020 1:29 am

Ghost gameplay looks really fun.

Samurai gameplay? not so much.

Photo mode looks really cool. They need to enable custom music with it though. Would love a moon contrast to fireflies cascading across the backdrop of wind flowing and 2 pac's ambitions as a rider playing.

That black and white cinema mode is perfection. Like playing an early Zatoichi film. Will definitely be the setting on my first playthrough.

I hope its an actual world though. Not just barren empty space in between a few mongol fighting camps.

Day 1.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri May 15, 2020 1:30 am

World looks quite big. Not sure how detailed though.

They are going the Witcher route with question marks and hidden places which means there should be enough to explore and find side quests etc.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 15, 2020 2:14 am

Oh i definitely expect the world to be full of things to explore.

The question is will you be doing those things organically or constantly looking at your map? I guess we'll see.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri May 15, 2020 3:54 am

My opinion wont hold much weight here since I rather skimmed through it but I admit I am underwhelmed.

My initial impressions of it when out I was stunned. The obvious, of course.

The graphics
Art direction
Wind-directed grass
Lighting
Actual realistic samurai combat (to which opponents do wait their turns by the way).

But this gameplay extension almost exposes it when you are not riding a horse through a sunset field of wheat and cherry blossoms and it looks rather...generic?

Not to say it looks as if it will be average as I do like some of the newly shown mechanics on display along with the fact that the story is bound to be fantastic and then how fun it looks of course, paired with the variable world. I generally love the innovation behind its central mechanics.

Just that initial wow factor does not exist when the style of the game is not carrying its core work.

I do feel the core visuals indeed are not outstanding its more very talented art direction and techniques used here to which I find rather more impressive as the best devs I've noticed create such techniques to overcome the lack of engine power.

Either way, no doubt I will play it.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri May 15, 2020 4:31 am

I share your impression, Arq. I like the aesthetic look and feel, but I couldn’t help but get Ubisoft/Far Cry vibes from the trailer. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, and it might not reflect what the game is actually like, but that’s my impression based on the trailer.

I expect the story to be quite good. As for the rest of the game, I hope the combat and the general activities outside of the main story are a bit more inventive and entertaining than the ones you typically see in Ubisoft’s open world games.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 15, 2020 1:39 pm

I think there's a reason they gave off Ubisoft vibes, we have to remember those games sell stupid numbers.

Most people love those games, i don't expect the actual game to feel so like a checklist.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri May 15, 2020 3:46 pm

I resonate mutually Thimmy but the main point more was it looks rather generic when the more aesthetically pleasing portions of the game (we know where those are) are not within view such as that stealth segment around the fireplace.

Just the contrast between sheer brilliance to a rather dull engine pallete just caught me.

I do feel no doubt it'll be a good game should it not turn out like a Ubisoft game. Them who still think size and play length quests matter to people.

Maybe they do, rather. hmm
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri May 15, 2020 4:08 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I think there's a reason they gave off Ubisoft vibes, we have to remember those games sell stupid numbers.

Most people love those games, i don't expect the actual game to feel so like a checklist.

Depends on the quantity+variety tbh. More like Witcher 3 Velen, less like AC Odyssey is ideal.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 15, 2020 5:00 pm

Of course but there's a huge difference between how Witcher 3 is designed open world wise and the classic Ubisoft way.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri May 15, 2020 5:34 pm

Witcher is actually designed with topographical purpose and makes sense to real-world land-masses and how they are actually designed. There is a reason why Velen was so memorable (and others) and it wasn't just the atmosphere.

Ubisoft style open-world games just expand for the sake of it and seems as if they just randomly generate more land and accessories. It has no depth to them.

And the biggest thing no one seems to mention is Ubisoft's complete lack of production values despite the size of their studio. Attention to detail as well is just so lacking.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 15, 2020 5:57 pm

I disagree there, Assassin's Creed Games if they do something well it's attention to detail.

At least when it comes to the worlds they build anyway. I can criticize a lot of things about them but that wouldn't be one of them.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri May 15, 2020 6:14 pm

I should have mentioned Assassin's creed is not one of them.

Given the detail put on Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem to the homestead NPC butcher's way of cutting meat is something exclusive to this series.

But as a whole this commentary is aimed towards Ubisoft generally and glad they understood the race to create the biggest sandbox was a thing of the 2010's.

But an obsolete concept by now. Attention to detail trumps size. An obvious point.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 15, 2020 6:18 pm

Oh that's a different argument then, because when i played Origins the details they packed within the Pyramids in Giza was quite astounding tbh.

But yeah if you're talking Far Cry etc i agree.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue May 19, 2020 5:06 pm

Julien chieze was able to speak with Jason Connell, Creative Director on Ghost of Tsushima. I made a translation of the information we were able to learn :

Zelda and Shadow of Colosus was a big inspiration for this game especially for artistic direction, he wanted the colors to be vibrant as possible.

The wind is the main way to navigate the game world, there are no markers. He wanted the game to be immersive as possible.

We can reduce the shine effect on the items that we can pick up. He made a comparison with Red Ded Redemption which is for him a good and beautiful game but for Ghost of Tsushima they wanted the game to be pleasant as possible to play without having too many superfluous animations which break the rhythm and that is why Jin can pick up items on his horse.

The instrument that we see Jin playing in the video will be the only one present in the game and Jason did not want to say what it would be used for.

We can hunt animals in the game but there is nothing to gain by doing it. Animals are mainly there to be more immersed in the universe and guiding you.

The Standoff mode can be activated anytime even in infiltration.

The little tennis balls are called the Jin Resolved Metter when we hit an enemy the bar will load and it will also be used for healing and there are also many other things related to this gauge but he did not want too get into the details.

There will be much more stances than the two that we saw in the video, it will be used to apprehend the different types of enemies.

The main weapon of the game will be and will remain the katana throughout the game but there will be many other weapons and gadgets. Weapons like the katana or the bow will be displayed on all the outfits of the game but not the smallest ones because there are a lot of outfits in the game and it would represent too much work.

If you wear heavy armor you will be less agile so it will make infiltration harder.

There are several ways to retrieve the outfits, either through the main story, by doing quests, by buying them in the villages or simply by exploring the world.

There are a lot of side stories in the game where you can build more or less strong relationships with different characters to learn more about their stories but it's up to the player's freedom and you can miss them.

The music is composed by Shigeru Umebayashi but the game having grown a lot, he realized that he could not do everything alone so they hired a second composer to work with Umebayashi and his name is Ilan Eshkeri.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcWk08PBe7k
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:52 pm

has English subs if you click them on YT

this trailer has done more to get me hyped than everything else shown thus far

day 1
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:02 pm

Planning to play this on japanese on my first run.

Gonna channel my long lost weeb mode over this game Proud
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:10 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:45 pm

I'm sure it is a pretty good good game, but isn't anyone else tired of the same open world formula? I can't bring myself to play yet another game with 'unlock this region', 'grab that collectable' any more.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:42 pm

Really enjoyed this review.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:43 pm

Reviewing about what I expected. Scores similar to the new AC games. 83-85 on Metacritic.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:23 pm

about in line with what I expected too

looking forward to playing it
Firenze
Firenze