Myesyats
mr-r34
Kaladin
S
52 posters

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

Who will go through

UCL SF2 17/18 | Liverpool Vs AS Roma - Page 12 Vote_lcap63%UCL SF2 17/18 | Liverpool Vs AS Roma - Page 12 Vote_rcap 63% 
[ 12 ]
UCL SF2 17/18 | Liverpool Vs AS Roma - Page 12 Vote_lcap37%UCL SF2 17/18 | Liverpool Vs AS Roma - Page 12 Vote_rcap 37% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 19

UCL SF2 17/18 | Liverpool Vs AS Roma - Page 12 Empty Re: UCL SF2 17/18 | Liverpool Vs AS Roma

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:59 pm

Nishankly wrote:One game away from a GL Salah apology thread

Agreed, I was wrong he's more than just pace.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

UCL SF2 17/18 | Liverpool Vs AS Roma - Page 12 Empty Re: UCL SF2 17/18 | Liverpool Vs AS Roma

Post by Nishankly Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:00 pm

Haters in full force today also. Gtfo
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:01 pm

I said he was a headless donkey. I stand by that. jk, but I am very surprised at how Salah went from incredibly wasteful at Roma even early this season in the PL to as clinical as he is now. He plays with 1000% confidence.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:01 pm

Losing against this Roma side.

By 3 goals.

Barca players should donate a year's salary to charity.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:02 pm

if anyone really thinks firmino is not a top class player they are either trolling or spending to much time with billy bob at the nascar races. Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:04 pm

Salah 2 goals 2 assists.
Firmino 2 goals 2 assists

CL semi final.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:04 pm

Unique wrote:if anyone really thinks firmino is not a top class player they are either trolling or spending to much time with billy bob at the nascar races. Thumbs up

Firenza is just mad tbh that Liverpool are doing far better than Mounited

Firmino is absolute class.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:04 pm

No offside imo.
It's unbelivable how shit Roma defended and they're still in it. Absolutely no response to Liverpool's long balls and fast counters.
Regardless, i'm afraid both of these teams have a to weak defense coming against Bayern or Real.
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:05 pm

Nishankly wrote:Salah 2 goals 2 assists.

CL semi final.

Against roma
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:05 pm

What a game. At times Roma looked worse than any PL side I've seen us play. A massive mistake from their manager to go with three at the back, their defenders were constantly in foot races against our forwards. The moment they switched to four they became a lot better. Those two goals make the 2nd leg interesting. Our defence is totally capable of conceding 3 or 4 goals in Italy.

A huge shame about Oxlade, btw. He's improved a lot this season, but now is almost certainly out for the season, probably the World Cup, too, given how much pain he seemed to be in. As far as I know we're missing now him, Can and Lallana, leaving us with only the three midfielders who finished this match...
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:06 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Unique wrote:if anyone really thinks firmino is not a top class player they are either trolling or spending to much time with billy bob at the nascar races. Thumbs up

Firenza is just mad tbh that Liverpool are doing far better than Mounited

Firmino is absolute class.

Mad at what? we've been above Loserpool all season and smashed them a month or two ago lol. Far better, aight. We would have beaten Porto and Roma too, probably City also IMO, we just beat them after all. :coffee: unfortunately we drew Sevilla with their European 'eritage.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:10 pm

My thoughts from this game:

- EDF's tactics were right......for the first 20 minutes. And then Liverpool woke up. Problem is, Klopp is the press master. Tough to outdo him at his own game. That said, sitting back was not the right move either. This Liverpool team (Salah especially) have scored (a lot) on all types of defenses and tactical setups. EDF was in a rock and a hard place and he chose a tactic that he thought would get us an early away goal. It almost worked out, but didn't. It's whatever to me.

- The players were intimidated. Not just by Salah and Liverpool's attack, but by Anfield itself. It was an absolute cauldron, as expected. It was no wonder Liverpool dominated today.

- The dollar store giveaways killed us. Not stepping to players killed us. Not clearing the ball with conviction killed us. It wasn't just Manolas or Jesus. It was Strootman, it was De Rossi, it was Fazio. The whole lot of them back there. I can forgive smart defending that doesn't work out, I can't forgive stupid defending that opens us up. We have to defend with brains and heart or there will be no comeback next week. We won't even go out swinging next week with defending like this.

- I'm giving the midfield largely a pass given that Liverpool simply bypassed them long balls down the wing once they figured out that they couldn't go through them. After that, Nainggolan, DDR and Strootman were chasing shadows until the later stages. EDF needs to take blame on that. The midfield should not have been that easy to get around.

- Wijnaldum coming on was the catalyst for Liverpool. He was more dynamic and less fearful of our midfield than Ox. I've always fancied him as a player and today is why. He and Milner were fantastic today.

- Karius and the Liverpool defense needs to be challenged more. He's not a bad keeper, but he's average and we need to exploit that in the 2nd leg. Van Djik is the better of the 2 defenders, but if we isolate Lovren, we'll get chances as seen near the end of this game.

- EDF is better as a reactive coach, not a proactive one. There's a reason why we keep falling behind, only to come back. He's not good at setting the tone and getting the players to execute out of the gate against teams we're on par with or are better than us. I'm not sure this is a fatal weakness (I think it will be for this tie), but it's a romantic one given the team he's coaching. If he truly wants to get us to a level of success higher than his predecessors, he has to improve in reading his opponent proactively instead of allowing us to take damage and then hit back. This is not sustainable.

- My last point: I think we're done tbh and it's been a great run. Best we can hope for is to win that 2nd leg, be it 1-0 or 6-5. Doesn't really matter. We have to win it to go out on a high. On our day, I believe we can beat anyone and yes we haven't conceded in the CL at home and yes, we shut out Messi. I just think Salah and Liverpool team are an entirely different proposition. I would love to be wrong. I'm willing this team to prove me wrong, but I'm too much of a pragmatist to think otherwise. As long as they do well by the shirt, I'll have no complaints.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:15 pm

McLewis wrote:My thoughts from this game:

- EDF's tactics were right......for the first 20 minutes. And then Liverpool woke up. Problem is, Klopp is the press master. Tough to outdo him at his own game. That said, sitting back was not the right move either. This Liverpool team (Salah especially) have scored (a lot) on all types of defenses and tactical setups. EDF was in a rock and a hard place and he chose a tactic that he thought would get us an early away goal. It almost worked out, but didn't. It's whatever to me.

- The players were intimidated. Not just by Salah and Liverpool's attack, but by Anfield itself. It was an absolute cauldron, as expected. It was no wonder Liverpool dominated today.

- The dollar store giveaways killed us. Not stepping to players killed us. Not clearing the ball with conviction killed us. It wasn't just Manolas or Jesus. It was Strootman, it was De Rossi, it was Fazio. The whole lot of them back there. I can forgive smart defending that doesn't work out, I can't forgive stupid defending that opens us up. We have to defend with brains and heart or there will be no comeback next week. We won't even go out swinging next week with defending like this.

- I'm giving the midfield largely a pass given that Liverpool simply bypassed them long balls down the wing once they figured out that they couldn't go through them. After that, Nainggolan, DDR and Strootman were chasing shadows until the later stages. EDF needs to take blame on that. The midfield should not have been that easy to get around.

- Wijnaldum coming on was the catalyst for Liverpool. He was more dynamic and less fearful of our midfield than Ox. I've always fancied him as a player and today is why. He and Milner were fantastic today.

- Karius and the Liverpool defense needs to be challenged more. He's not a bad keeper, but he's average and we need to exploit that in the 2nd leg. Van Djik is the better of the 2 defenders, but if we isolate Lovren, we'll get chances as seen near the end of this game.

- EDF is better as a reactive coach, not a proactive one. There's a reason why we keep falling behind, only to come back. He's not good at setting the tone and getting the players to execute out of the gate against teams we're on par with or are better than us. I'm not sure this is a fatal weakness (I think it will be for this tie), but it's a romantic one given the team he's coaching. If he truly wants to get us to a level of success higher than his predecessors, he has to improve in reading his opponent proactively instead of allowing us to take damage and then hit back. This is not sustainable.

- My last point: I think we're done tbh and it's been a great run. Best we can hope for is to win that 2nd leg, be it 1-0 or 6-5. Doesn't really matter. We have to win it to go out on a high. On our day, I believe we can beat anyone and yes we haven't conceded in the CL at home and yes, we shut out Messi. I just think Salah and Liverpool team are an entirely different proposition. I would love to be wrong. I'm willing this team to prove me wrong, but I'm too much of a pragmatist to think otherwise. As long as they do well by the shirt, I'll have no complaints.
great post and spot on tbh. Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Interman Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:20 pm

The tie is over but a part of me hopes for another sensation.

Interman
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:27 pm

Firenze wrote:
Nishankly wrote:Salah 2 goals 2 assists.

CL semi final.

Against roma

Champions league semi final man. Come on
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Interman Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:30 pm

Ronaldo pumped up to win his 6th balon dor. Real favorites for me.

Interman
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:31 pm

It's not over man. Roma came back twice from behind.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:35 pm

Klopp talking about Ref and Penalties in post game interview. POS gets offside goals and every 50-50 decision like prime Refdrid. But talking about legit penalty calls. :facepalm:
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:37 pm

nasir6371 wrote:Klopp talking about Ref and Penalties in post game interview. POS gets offside goals and every 50-50 decision like prime Refdrid. But talking about legit penalty calls. :facepalm:
thats what happends when you have european heritage :coffee:
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:16 pm

Unique wrote:
nasir6371 wrote:Klopp talking about Ref and Penalties in post game interview. POS gets offside goals and every 50-50 decision like prime Refdrid. But talking about legit penalty calls. :facepalm:
thats what happens when you have European heritage :coffee:

Obvious to those with that European 'eritage. Nothing wrong with that imo.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:00 am

ROMA IN 2

PRAISE THE SUN
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:22 am

Unlike complacent Barcelona, We are going to fight to death in Rome again.

I'm sadder about Ox's season ending and World cup ending injury rather than Roma's goals tbh.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:26 am

The more I think about EDF's approach, the more I'm convinced he tried to have it both ways: Press them and attack (to get the away goal) while slowing the tempo enough to stymie Liverpool's attack and keep the scoreline respectable. Bold, naive, and utterly disastrous.

Reminds me too much of Allegri's approach in that 2nd leg against Real. Italian managers are often fatally pragmatic this way in that they want to do just enough to get through and never go beyond that. It's elegant and prudent when it works, but either falls far too short or ends in disaster when it doesn't.

Also - We need Perotti, SES and Schick starting. That type of pace and willingness to run at Pool's defense will certainly cause issues. We need a 4 man backline too. It won't be enough to prevent Pool from scoring, but it will ensure we won't ship another 5 goals.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:54 am

Harmonica wrote:Hopefully Liverpool dives couple penaldos and smashes Roma.
But seeing Refma peno apparently they did buy the refs for the whole competition.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:59 am

It looked harsh but I think that was a penalty.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:48 am

UEFA Champions League @CHAMPionsLeague
Record! James Milner becomes the 1st player in #UCL history to record 9 assists in a single campaign.

Obviously the guy doesn't know his football imo

Hope the lad is convinced now.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next