CBarca
Great Leader Sprucenuce
El Gunner
Freeza
Luca
15 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 24 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:44 am

From a Cleveland POV I wouldn't like the fact they only won by 3 points despite LeBron having 40+ points and Oladipo only playing 28 minutes.

Based on these two games I'd be shocked if Indiana don't at least split at home.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 24 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by FilthyLuca Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:49 am

Freeza wrote:
FilthyLuca wrote:
Freeza wrote:

Or because he’s the only ball handler on his team ever since Durant left.

This Westbrook slander is great.

Takes me back when people complained about Kobe and wanted Smush Parker to get more of the ball.

So either your calling PG shit, or Sam Presti should be shot for trading Oladipo for a 3 and D guy.

Hard to feel anything other than disdain for a first option who shoots 43%.

I’m saying Paul George isn’t a ball handling type player at his best. There’s a reason he couldn’t hit a lick without Westbrook playing this year.

Sam Presti is an overall horrible GM though. Most overrated in the league. Great drafter but he’s a huge reason for screwing up the most talented roster in NBA history and continuing to make horrible trades

I'm curious as to what your definition of a ballhandler is...George can definitely do that, ive seen it for years. is he a point guard? no.
feels like your reaching to cover for your boy.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:01 am

Freeza wrote:
FilthyLuca wrote:Bullshit, Jordan was still sticking the opposing teams best player well into his late 30s.  Westbrooks just lazy.

Westbrook has 2 of the 3 highest usage% rates of all time in a time where the game is played faster than it was in Jordan's era though.

Dude, I just saw this post...Seriously?  
Faster than ever before?  the 80s game was played at a much faster pace overall....modern nba is still catching up.  I think your confusing athleticism and pace of play.
Pace of play was higher, and Jordans usage was about the same as Russ, even at almost 40.  that ridiculous 41% season was last year when he was in full stat compiler mode.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:32 am

FilthyLuca wrote:
Freeza wrote:
FilthyLuca wrote:Bullshit, Jordan was still sticking the opposing teams best player well into his late 30s.  Westbrooks just lazy.

Westbrook has 2 of the 3 highest usage% rates of all time in a time where the game is played faster than it was in Jordan's era though.

Dude, I just saw this post...Seriously?  
Faster than ever before?  the 80s game was played at a much faster pace overall....modern nba is still catching up.  I think your confusing athleticism and pace of play.
Pace of play was higher, and Jordans usage was about the same as Russ, even at almost 40.  that ridiculous 41% season was last year when he was in full stat compiler mode.

Pace was higher now than the late 80s though. Early 80s, sure. 70s was even faster. Jordan was mainly late 80s and 90s.

Jordan’s teams during those seasons were in the low end. His huge season he had a 95 pace and Westbrook somewhere around 96

And yeah the league is much more athletic than before which also takes its toll on the effort.

There isn’t really anyone in the league outside Kathi with huge Usage who’s a go-to perimeter defender. It’s basically impossible anymore.

It was also hard back in the day, but Jordan was a genetic freak on all accounts. And a psycho.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:14 pm

What ya'll think of this Jazz team?

I think they have a pretty good story, from losing Hayward and replacing Hill with Rubio to drafting Mitchell and putting together a pretty great season. Gobert as a potential DPOY too

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:40 pm

Was saying in December that I really liked their team, didn't think they would explode this quickly though.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:21 pm

Luca wrote:What ya'll think of this Jazz team?

I think they have a pretty good story, from losing Hayward and replacing Hill with Rubio to drafting Mitchell and putting together a pretty great season. Gobert as a potential DPOY too

The DPOTY race is done. Gobert has won it.

Getting rid of Hill and Hood without taking on bad contracts is an incredible move really.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:39 pm

Kawhi to Utah imo
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:47 pm

As if Kawhi would go anywhere but a massive market lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:58 pm

Freeza wrote:
Luca wrote:What ya'll think of this Jazz team?

The DPOTY race is done. Gobert has won it.

He shouldn't though, he's played like 55 games. I'm biased AF but AD should win it, his rim protection is at a similar level with less per game volume and his versatility is leagues ahead as i proved yesterday with how he limits guards to like 45% TS ffs.

Only reason why this isn't talked about more is because our team record defensively isn't that good, but that isn't really his fault considering Jrue aside nobody on the team can defend.

Doubt Gobert would impact the team defensively with 3 guards on it and the tallest one is 6 ft 4 as much as AD has.

But even ignoring that, i don't think anyone who misses close to 30 games of an 82 game season deserves an award.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:04 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:As if Kawhi would go anywhere but a massive market lol.

Yeah, Utah is probably the smallest market in the NBA. Can't really think of a smaller market.

Apparently they're 26th. Memphis, Pelicans etc.

Kawhi probably wants to go to L.A. (or his "group" do) since being a hometown hid can boosts his star appeal when he has no personality himself and doesn't seem to be willing to promote his personality on social media.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:07 pm

Gobert getting the award is just kind of a career achievement kind of thing since he's been the best defender the last three years and deserved it over Draymond last year. He's such a huge factor in the paint. People have become scared of him.

I'd vote Embiid if he played more though.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:13 pm

Well yeah i agree with that, he's deserved at some point. I just have a huge problem giving someone who played sub 60 games an award lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:15 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Well yeah i agree with that, he's deserved at some point. I just have a huge problem giving someone who played sub 60 games an award lol.

I would've had a problem with it, if it weren't for the huge turnaround his return caused. Utah was the best team record-wise this year, I think. A huge reason was his defense. And they were a really bad team before that return.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:20 pm

Some of it yes, but like with most things there's more to it than that.

At that time Mitchell wasn't what he is now either and there's probably other factors.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:02 pm

I'd be ok with AD winning DPOY because he deserves individual recognition this season and many don't even have him in the MVP conversation

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:38 pm

Luca wrote:I'd be ok with AD winning DPOY because he deserves individual recognition this season and many don't even have him in the MVP conversation

Don't think that's true tbf, most I have seen have him or LeBron 2nd and he's likely going to be first team all defence and first team all nba.

Which nobody else is going to be able say, he'll get his recognition.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:40 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Luca wrote:I'd be ok with AD winning DPOY because he deserves individual recognition this season and many don't even have him in the MVP conversation

Don't think that's true tbf, most I have seen have him or LeBron 2nd and he's likely going to be first team all defence and first team all nba.

MVP going 2 for 18 and his team still wins by 20 yesterday though Proud

Towns also rofl

Thibs is a disgrace
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Ok, I guess I'm mistaken. I do remember him being more talked about after Cousins went out injured and AD had one of the best months of all time (February I think it was?)

Harden will obviously win. LeBron, AD, DeRozan would be the order

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:47 pm

Towns is greatly annoying me, it's not all about the talent at this level sometimes you have to want it.

What Towns is showing right now has never been an issue with Giannis, AD and probably won't be for Embiid either.

His mentality greatly concerns me.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:48 pm

Luca wrote:

Ok, I guess I'm mistaken. I do remember him being more talked about after Cousins went out injured and AD had one of the best months of all time (February I think it was?)

Harden will obviously win. LeBron, AD, DeRozan would be the order

You are right about the Cousins thing, but tbf it's understandable a guy who was dropping 26-12 and 5 was getting recognition.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:49 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Towns is greatly annoying me, it's not all about the talent at this level sometimes you have to want it.

What Towns is showing right now has never been an issue with Giannis, AD and probably won't be for Embiid either.

His mentality greatly concerns me.

It's so obvious that he cares so much about his stats and won't go all out to win at the cost of stats. That's why he only takes good shots and if he shoots bad one game he'll limit the sample size and defer.

This is why I love Kobe's quote about rather going 0-30 than 0-9 because 0-9 shows he's given up.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:50 pm

MVP I got

1a. LeBron
1b. Davis
3. Harden
4. Oladipo
5. Westbrook/Curry
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:56 pm

Is DeRozan in his own tier above LeBron? hmm

I am perplexed

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:01 pm

Luca wrote:Is DeRozan in his own tier above LeBron? hmm

I am perplexed

Raptors is the best united team in league. Would probably have Casey in 1a as coach and Brad Stevens as 1b. And the bench is the best in the league.

Raptors are too good and even of a team to have a most valueable one.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:03 pm

Putting Westbrook on the same level as Steph rofl

Obviously this season
1. Harden
2. LeBron
3. AD
4. DeRozan
5. Giannis
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next