Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

+28
The Demon of Carthage
Mamad
M99
Lex
Doc
elitedam
Adit
iftikhar
Young Kaz
Pedram
FennecFox7
sportsczy
The Madrid One
futbol_bill
RealGunner
rincon
CBarca
zigra
BarrileteCosmico
Blue
Freeza
Art Morte
Clutch
McLewis
VivaStPauli
Unique
futbol
Hapless_Hans
32 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 14 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Myesyats Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:09 pm

I always wonder where these polls come from.... They go around asking people who they'll vote for? If somebody came up to me and asked who I'm voting for I'd say "none of your fucking business"

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 14 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Freeza Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:39 am

Myesyats wrote:I always wonder where these polls come from.... They go around asking people who they'll vote for? If somebody came up to me and asked who I'm voting for I'd say "none of your fucking business"

It’s simple. They call random telephone numbers listed until they reach their sample size. The sample size has to be representative of the country’s overall demographics, so they have to keep calling until they match.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:30 am

But do you think people tell the truth in these things? I wouldn't
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:57 am

how is he allowed to run. Literally senile & braindead

Man wants the viewers to visit a phone number ffs

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:53 pm

Myesyats wrote:But do you think people tell the truth in these things? I wouldn't

People who don't tell the truth are already factored in.

Which is why if a survey is done properly and has a decent sample size it will be very close to the truth.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:08 pm

Joe Biden is pure name recognition and Obama association, other than that he looks as charismatic or knowledgeable about anything as a slice of bread.

More than 300 million population and they pull out these dunderheads every 4 years out of nowhere.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:37 pm

If the Democrats cannot find a better candidate than Biden they should be pretty damn worried. He's almost as old as Bernie, he's got a lot of political baggage (which was partly the problem with Hillary, too) and he's strongly associated with Obama which I think is a greater negative than positive. Basically another past-his-prime Democrat. Really a shocking quality of presidential candidates from the Democrats.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:47 pm

Art Morte wrote:If the Democrats cannot find a better candidate than Biden they should be pretty damn worried. He's almost as old as Bernie, he's got a lot of political baggage (which was partly the problem with Hillary, too) and he's strongly associated with Obama which I think is a greater negative than positive. Basically another past-his-prime Democrat. Really a shocking quality of presidential candidates from the Democrats.

Obama is absolutely ADORED by democrats and independents, in this country. If he were able to run again he would absolutely walk 2020.

Biden's connection to Obama, is his BIGGEST strength by far.

I also still think Biden would beat Trump. Thats all that matters.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:59 pm

I'm sure Obama is adored by Democrats, but those aren't the votes Biden needs to fight for. If Obama is indeed adored by the swaying voters, maybe it will a boost to Biden.

Nevertheless, if a 77-year-old Biden is the best the Democrats can do, that's pretty bad. When your three front-running candidates are Biden, Warren and Sanders with an average age of 75 years, that means your party is devoid of charisma and you should be pretty damn worried.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:45 pm

didnt one of them have a heart attack the other day. they all look like coffin dodgers to me tbh.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:38 pm

Unique wrote:didnt one of them have a heart attack the other day. they all look like coffin dodgers to me tbh.

Exactly!

My grandpa just turned 75 and he's in very good shape but I would never make him hold a public office at this age, that's just insane.

America is so weird. Biden brings nothing to the table other than a famous surname.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:57 pm

If Bernie dropped off it certainly looks like Warren would walk with this election right now, which plays into Trump's favor probably
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:28 pm

Not a single candidate looks good enough to vote other than Bernie. If he goes then the youth are not going to vote at all. Trump will win it by default.

Andrew Yang looks interesting though but will he even get nominated?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:36 pm

I've seen some tweet where they exposed the media for purposely not mentioning Andrew Yang. People won't vote for him if they don't know he even exists... 100% propaganda.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:51 pm

Art Morte wrote:I'm sure Obama is adored by Democrats, but those aren't the votes Biden needs to fight for. If Obama is indeed adored by the swaying voters, maybe it will a boost to Biden.

Nevertheless, if a 77-year-old Biden is the best the Democrats can do, that's pretty bad. When your three front-running candidates are Biden, Warren and Sanders with an average age of 75 years, that means your party is devoid of charisma and you should be pretty damn worried.

Why would that be bad? This post reeks of ageism. The best candidates for the job should get the job, not just somebody because they are younger.

Myesyats wrote:
Unique wrote:didnt one of them have a heart attack the other day. they all look like coffin dodgers to me tbh.

Exactly!

My grandpa just turned 75 and he's in very good shape but I would never make him hold a public office at this age, that's just insane.

America is so weird. Biden brings nothing to the table other than a famous surname.

The average 75 year old in America, within the next few years, is going to have to work at walmart to survive what do you mean a 75 year old rich person, with the best education and help in the world, cant sit as a figurehead of this country? Laughing

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:57 pm

Biden would the most depressing candidate the Democrats could choose. They might as well shut shop and give up.
Imagine choosing a candidate in this political environment of 2019 that voted to invade Iraq in 2003 adn grilled Anita Hill in, what 1993?
Absolutely the worst candidate out there. Like a step back into the last millenium.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:31 pm

Betty man, what you been smoking? "Ageism"? Is that even a thing?

Most 75 year olds have memory issues, hypertension and every little bit of stress can give them a heart attack.

Maximum age for a candidate should be 65 imo and even thats a stretch imo.

Also Biden is by no means the best candidate. He's senile.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:34 am

Myesyats wrote:Betty man, what you been smoking? "Ageism"? Is that even a thing?

Most 75 year olds have memory issues, hypertension and every little bit of stress can give them a heart attack.

Ageism is definitely a thing. Try being over the age of 50, get laid off, and try to find a new job. The pickings are slim. I am a manager/team lead and manage a team of people whose ages go from 22-57. The 57 year old is the most consistent performer in terms of productivity and hours(he averages 10-12 hours a day). The 30-40 year olds in my team are Lebanese and Nigerian so of course I wont let them work those kind of hours, but the other japanese members of my team are in their 40's and 20's(1 guy in his 40's and a guy and woman in their 20's) and he easily average 2-3 more hours than them on a biweekly basis. His age is no issue. If I let ideas of age cloud my judgement then he would not be here, and my team would not be as productive.

Also hypertension is something that can affect someone of ANY age, and in fact with all the processed foods and salt we eat is something a lot of younger people already have. In the developed world its a managed illness no different than HIV or diabetes. Its no death sentence.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:19 am

Young Kaz wrote:
Myesyats wrote:Betty man, what you been smoking? "Ageism"? Is that even a thing?

Ageism is definitely a thing. Try being over the age of 50, get laid off, and try to find a new job. The pickings are slim. I am a manager/team lead and manage a team of people whose ages go from 22-57. The 57 year old is the most consistent performer in terms of productivity and hours(he averages 10-12 hours a day). The 30-40 year olds in my team are Lebanese and Nigerian so of course I wont let them work those kind of hours, but the other japanese members of my team are in their 40's and 20's(1 guy in his 40's and a guy and woman in their 20's) and he easily average 2-3 more hours than them on a biweekly basis. His age is no issue. If I let ideas of age cloud my judgement then he would not be here, and my team would not be as productive.

Also hypertension is something that can affect someone of ANY age, and in fact with all the processed foods and salt we eat is something a lot of younger people already have. In the developed world its a managed illness no different than HIV or diabetes. Its no death sentence.

so the 57yo man can work 12 hours a day but you wont let the Lebanese and Nigerian workers do that many hours why is that
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:31 am

Young Kaz wrote:

Your guy is not 75, he's 57..... which means you just proved my point lol.

What are you even talking about dude? He should be retired, playing golf or fishing at 75.

Average retirement age in America: 60. There's a reason for that you know!!!
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:34 am

Unique wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:

so the 57yo man can work 12 hours a day but you wont let the Lebanese and Nigerian workers do that many hours why is that

Non Japanese workers at Japanese companies are not expected to work Japanese hours. I allow them to do 9-3:30 monday-thursday. Fridays they do 9-11:30 as that is a sacred day for Muslims.

In comparison the other 4 usually do 8:30-7 Monday-Friday with a saturday or two a quarter being 9-1. This is once every few months, and when it does happen I make sure I am actually over there and not at home.

In the grand sense the hours are pretty similar.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:37 am

Myesyats wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:

Your guy is not 75, he's 57..... which means you just proved my point lol.

What are you even talking about dude? He should be retired, playing golf or fishing at 75.

Average retirement age in America: 60. There's a reason for that you know!!!

I can assure you the average American born in 1959 does not have the money to be retired right now. They probably cant find a job to hire them because of ageism, but 60 isnt even old enough to get state sponsored social security. What are they retiring on? A nonexistent pension? 401k programs that had a max of like 5k a year when they graduated college?

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:58 am

Whatever dude.... The fact of the matter is 60 to 70 is the reasonable retirement age.

There's always a minimum and a maximum. You can't be president at 23 because it makes sense. Works the same the other way around... Most European leaders are younger than 60 with a few exceptions (kings & queens mostly)
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:04 am

Young Kaz wrote:
Unique wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:

Non Japanese workers at Japanese companies are not expected to work Japanese hours. I allow them to do 9-3:30 monday-thursday. Fridays they do 9-11:30 as that is a sacred day for Muslims.

In comparison the other 4 usually do 8:30-7 Monday-Friday with a saturday or two a quarter being 9-1. This is once every few months, and when it does happen I make sure I am actually over there and not at home.

In the grand sense the hours are pretty similar.
so the japanese workers get worked to death but the muslim workers get time off. that dont seem fair to me tbh. scratch
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:17 am

Myesyats wrote:Whatever dude.... The fact of the matter is 60 to 70 is the reasonable retirement age.

There's always a minimum and a maximum. You can't be president at 23 because it makes sense. Works the same the other way around... Most European leaders are younger than 60 with a few exceptions (kings & queens mostly)

You cant just throw around an absolute falsehood like the average American retires at 60, and then "whatever dude" when the reality comes back. Laughing Laughing

Have you even a remote idea of how impoverished this nation is?

The US doesnt have the social safety net Europe has. Americans, for the most part, are going to be forced to work well past your "Reasonable" retirement age at places like Walmart, driving Uber, or in restaurants.

Over 50% of American workers made less than 30k a few years ago.:
https://washingtonsblog.com/2015/10/goodbye-middle-class-51-percent-of-all-american-workers-make-less-than-30000-dollars-a-year.html

Some more facts from this report:

-38 percent of all American workers made less than $20,000 last year.

-51 percent of all American workers made less than $30,000 last year.

-62 percent of all American workers made less than $40,000 last year.

-71 percent of all American workers made less than $50,000 last year.

You think the average 60 year old is retiring?

You tell me, how much would a person in the top 30% in 2014 making 55k a year now would have to save to retire at 60?

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:27 am

Hold your horses pal, I wrote "Whatever dude" because this isn't the main point of the discussion.

The point is - Biden has enough money to retire. And he should.

But if you want to know - this was my source:

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 14 Average_retirement_age_america_2017_shed
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next