Hapless_Hans
Doc
Kaladin
Thimmy
Gil
28 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

So despite all the hype, Inter actually have a better coach & team than Milan - Page 2 Empty Re: So despite all the hype, Inter actually have a better coach & team than Milan

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 pm

Even if we pretend Spalletti is better than Montella ( clue he isn't) Milan finished ABOVE Inter before Milan signed all these players.

Inter haven't sign anyone to improve them at any decent rate, where as Milan obviously has.

Milan finishing below Inter would be a massive under performance on Milan's behalf.

BTW Pre Season means *bleep* all, as a Juve fan you should know this lol.

The fact you even consider this a competition means you are massively overrating Spaletti or massively overrating Inter's players based on absolutely nothing.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

So despite all the hype, Inter actually have a better coach & team than Milan - Page 2 Empty Re: So despite all the hype, Inter actually have a better coach & team than Milan

Post by rincon Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:55 pm

Montella better Spalletti... Mole pls, you can't be this clueless.

Have you even seen a Montella team ever play, or a Spalletti team in the last few years? I ask because you always say that you don't watch games and I have a hard time imagining that you took time to watch Catania, Fiorentina or Sampdoria.

IF you are basing this on having watched Milan last season, then it doesn't make much sense as they finished 4 spots behind Spalletti and lost both games.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:59 pm

We're also ignoring that Inter's squad last season was considerably better than Milan to begin with. So while they may not have strengthened as much this summer, they've retained their core players. Spaletti is a massive addition.

Milan had much more work to do and they've done it brilliantly. I really think spots 2-5 could go any which way.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:01 pm

Well that could be because Roma were an established team already under Spaletti , while Montella had his first season with us and we weren't exactly in our heydays. And besides , they were better than us but it's not like we had no chance.

Let me put it this way , we won against Juventus 2 times last season and you needed a dubious penalty in 94 or whatever to win us in another , does it mean Montella is better than Allegri ? With such a better squad only to manage to get even , even lose a final , Montella is better than Allegri right? That's what you claim here with who won between whom .

Their work is not mainly judged in games between them , this is not La Liga. I consider what Montella has done with Milan more impressive than what Spaletti did for Roma and mind you we could have gotten Spaletti back when we got Mihajlovic.It was Sarri , Miha , Spaletti and Montella. See who's coaching us now , Spaletti only got to coach Inter because no better was available , if he was THAT MUCH better surely we wouldn't pass up on him? Surely now we would get him this summer if he was that much better and Montella such a clear downgrade next to him?    

Spaletti had it good with players like Nainggolan and Salah and Dzeko scoring left right and center , let's see him build Inter from the ground up without such players . Let's see who will do Nainggolan things and who will do Salah things and who will score as much as Dzeko did.

He'll fix Inter alright but that doesn't mean Montella v Spaletti is a laughable debate . Spaletti , for as much as i've liked his teams play football , has like 3 cups in Italy , Montella already got 1 last season with a seriously less quality and underdeveloped squad than what Spaletti had when he won his entire 2 Coppa Italias and 1 Italian Super Cup .

He's more experienced of course but let's not act Montella holds no ground here , he's one of the most promising coaches in Italy even if Spaletti is more praised. And there's good reason behind it , Mole is not clueless just because he disagrees with you . In any case , we'll see how it goes this season when both coaches will come against each other with more even squads .

Luca wrote:We're also ignoring that Inter's squad last season was considerably better than Milan to begin with. So while they may not have strengthened as much this summer, they've retained their core players. Spaletti is a massive addition.

Milan had much more work to do and they've done it brilliantly. I really think spots 2-5 could go any which way.

Considerably better . See , this , this is what i am talking about.

Real Madrid has a considerably better squad than Valencia . Inter did not have a considerably better squad than Milan. They had bigger/more known names and that's it. We proved to be better than them on the pitch , no matter how much they excuse themselves with hiring coaches while on drugs . It's still their team which failed to prove better than ours at the end of the season.

Truth is Inter had a good core and some notable players and neither their football nor their results were better than ours. And to think , we even missed Bonaventura for months last season. We would have done even better had it not been his injury .

Considerably better on paper maybe . I'll happily give you that. For what it's worth Proud
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:39 pm

You didn't understand the post. Mole almost surely didn't watch Montella much in the past. Which means that even if he watched him this last season, what about it tells you that he is better that Spalletti? its not league finish. Its not head to head duels. Its not about traditionally "attractive" styles. Nor about a better defense or better attack.

If one watches the last season of both, and ignores the past, where Spalletti is obviously HUGELY more successful than Montella (because he is older and more experinced ofc), then how does one reach the conclusion that Montella is better?

Dante wrote:Spaletti had it good with players like Nainggolan and Salah and Dzeko scoring left right and center , let's see him build Inter from the ground up without such players . Let's see who will do Nainggolan things and who will do Salah things and who will score as much as Dzeko did.

This holds no water. Do you remember how Spalletti broke though as a coach? by leading Udinese to the champions league. Then he built a proper Roma. Then when he came back to Serie A, he took a Roma performing poorly and made them better in every way. When he arrived Dzeko wasn't scoring left right and center, he was a flop.

Lets not forget history. How Roma plays today wasn't a given 18 months ago, give credit where its due.

I also like Montella and I was one of the ones in the calcio thread in June posting how the management should definitely keep him. But lets not let bias get the best of us here, Montella has a lot to prove before he joins the best in Serie A.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:55 pm

Mole did watch Montella's Fiorentina, i can vouch for that
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:06 pm

Sure i didn't ..

Anyway . I know Spaletti , i said he would do very well with Roma before he even coached a match when he returned. I've given Spaletti plenty credit in fact , both now and in the past. As to Dzeko , well i wouldn't say flop , nobody expected him to score 30+ goals etc , just yet to adapt after all these years in the PL. He'd still score more and generally do better in due time , Spaletti or no Spaletti .

On Montella , apparently i am biased because i said a few good things about our coach , can't be bothered to discuss from that point on . You should try to discuss things without characterising people as clueless or biased when they disagree with you btw. In the end , what did i even say that it was biased?? I didn't even say "one of the best in Serie A" , you came up with that , i said one of the most promising coaches in Serie A for a reason Laughing

In any case , Montella has nothing to be jealous of Spaletti . The difference in quality isn't that big . In experience , yes . Both very good managers who i rate and like , hell i'd have Spaletti pre Montella no doubt. No need with Montella here though and there's always better coaches in Sarri etc to look at anyway. Spaletti is good but let's not go overboard please , they only got him because there literally wasn't anyone else available . Even Spaletti himself knows he wasn't first choice , pls chill with the Spaletti hype.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:09 pm

They are closing in on Aurier, damn Scudetto and a rant calling Spalleti a bald *bleep* confirmed.

Scenes on Periscope when Icardi sleeps with Aurier's girlfriend.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:14 pm

rofl
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:25 pm

@Dante

Read entire posts if you are going to answer people when they were responding to other posters. I called Mole "clueless" because he responded to mine (and others') assessment of Spalletti by saying, on if he was better than Montella, "clue, he isn't".

On paying more attention, the phrase "before joining the best of Serie A" is a continuation on the fact that I referred to him as one of the best in Serie A (with Sarri and Allegri) so if Montella is going to be rated at this level, then, for me, he would obviously have to be rated as one of the best in Serie A. It didn't imply that you had used that phrase.

On being biased. Yes it is being biased. Saying that he did what he did because he had players like Dzeko scoring left right and center is either because you didn't follow Roma at that point, or because you are simply unwilling to recognize his merit. Dzeko's stock had fallen so low that he was benched by Perotti as false 9. The beginning of Spalletti's Roma couldn't rely on Dzeko at all. Nainggolan himself never scored as much as he did under him.

It's not about hyping so much, or how large or small a gap there is between the coaches. Its about answering a question, that was:

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Can anyone other than Gil for obvious reasons ask why they think this way?

Inter were shite last year and haven't bought anyone relevant where as Milan finished above them BEFORE they splashed the cash on new players.

Also Spaletti hype rofl he hasn't been relevant in about 8 years.

I just laid out my reasons. If you think that Spalletti hasn't been relevant in Serie A in 8 years then you are simply not paying attention. That was the whole point.

The response to which was that Inter shouldn't even be considered competition to Milan, and that Spalletti is worse than Montella.

That is what I was addressing. The fact that these comment hold little water, and have no backing.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:42 pm

We get it , our comments hold little water , we're clueless and biased , to add i was insecure too (lol) , we haven't watched enough Spalletti master alenatore and you get to decide who's relevant in 8 years of calcio.

Apparently 1.5 years of Spalletti at Roma make him relevant in about 8 years ? Mole was right , how well he did at Roma recently isn't enough to downplay this. For the better part of all those years he was at Zenit masturbating about titles won in Russia and then being without a team untill Garcia went full Garcia . Milan always looked elsewhere repeatedly and Inter had other priorities than Spalletti . That's how relevant he was .

Montella has been more relevant in Serie A in those 8 years or so .

Montella :bow:
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:51 pm

Laughing
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:46 pm

Spalletti is too mercurial, I am not sure how he will do in the long run. But, I am hopeful.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:55 pm

rincon wrote:Laughing

swapping the :facepalm: for the Laughing isn't going to help your case buddy

or maybe it's some prime banter technique i am not aware of hmm
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:12 pm

So Montella is a better manager than Spalletti or just more relevant than him?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:40 pm

Doc wrote:So Montella is a better manager than Spalletti or just more relevant than him?

So despite all the hype, Inter actually have a better coach & team than Milan - Page 2 Hi-res10
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:56 pm

Agreed with Dante, NO EXCUSES after 300 mln spent. Finishing under Inter would be a real fiasco tbh.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:01 pm

Never rated Montella, for me Fiorentina was ... Borja Valero :coffee:
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:05 pm

Robes , i agree . Excuses died the day our beloved overlords of China took up the banner and the river of #yuan begun flowing non stop. Now i may say a few cheeky things here and there but know compared to what i feel towards Juventus , i almost love Inter in comparison. Let the best win and bring glory to Milano

I am dissapointed to read you don't rate Montella though. Look at this man .

So despite all the hype, Inter actually have a better coach & team than Milan - Page 2 De1m1a10

I honestly rate Spalletti but how can i think less of Montella when he is so eager leading us to 4th place glory??

Montella Proud
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:07 pm

Montella's been hyped for years and never lived up to it

Inter probably do have a better squad on paper but a lot of the names haven't played to the level they're rated at

think both teams will be competing for 4th though, pressure's on Milan of course after these signings
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:21 pm

Bringing Meelan a trophy and getting us back to Europe after how many shitty years of pure disaster isn't living up to it?

agreed with the rest.

But Montella has had a steady rise in Serie A and has done very good work at Milan. His biggest test will be from now on of course , it remains to be seen how he delivers under serious pressure . You can argue we signed him during difficult times and what that means , but there's merit in his stay , they didn't keep him out of their good hearts.

I hope he stays for as long as possible with us , i like how he wants us to play and he's been great with the players.

plus he always cracks me up with that smile rofl
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:17 pm

Jokes aside, I rate Montella as a good coach , but Spalletti is better for me and it hasn't to do with Interismo ( I mean , if you asked if Montella or Pioli..). On the other hand there are 10 years of career as difference among two..
About the teams, we'll have more clearless at the end of August.
Both look like incomplete. Even Milan after 200+ mln need of a top CF . Who do you think is Milan going to sign there ?
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:13 pm

Nestorovski
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:40 pm

Robespierre wrote:Jokes aside, I rate Montella as a good coach , but Spalletti is better for me and it hasn't to do with Interismo ( I mean , if you asked if Montella or Pioli..).  On the other hand there are 10 years of career as difference among two..
About the teams, we'll have more clearless at the end of August.
Both look like incomplete. Even Milan after 200+ mln need of a top CF . Who do you think is Milan going to sign there ?

Main man Robes Proud , yea just fooling around m8 , tried to make it a little interesting but yea , Spalletti is better. Now as for the squads , we are incomplete indeed and imo , as much as i would have liked both teams to solve every issue/hole in the roster by August 31 , it's not happening. But it's going to be a good season i think , for both teams.

Which CF are we signing? Actually a friend asked me this morning. I wanted to sell face and told him Cavani , he said "no way" and laughed at my face. I then said Belotti and he said "you always say that where is he" , i then stfu . He laughed at my face again. I then brought Aubameyang up , he said "sure". Finally i said , Kalinic. He said "who"? He really didn't know him.

This is Milan's case this summer. We want dat top CF , but i don't think we aren't getting any Proud

I want Belotti and being as delusional as i can be about it , i will desperately believe until August 31. If not , i'll be ok with Kalinic/Andre Silva for the season , but CL participation won't be easy , at all , without a CF that can produce goals out of his ass. We will need someone who will score some goals without being fed everything on a plate whilst we are finding our feet and also be able to play outside the box at least decently , since Montella is kinda desperate for that . Now i believe that player to be Belotti , but whatever comes .

etc etc I don't know anymore and Kalinic wouldn't surprise me in the end , but i am very happy with our summer nevertheless and still confident whatever happens. Now if Belotti somehow arrives our chances for the top 4 would increase dramatically imo , personally i would have no doubts.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:18 pm

They looked immense in the 2nd half yesterday especially after the introduction of Dalbert.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:35 pm

Definitely the better team, no doubt in my mind, i meant what i said here, no trolling
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next