Hapless_Hans
Doc
Kaladin
Thimmy
Gil
28 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

So despite all the hype, Inter actually have a better coach & team than Milan Empty So despite all the hype, Inter actually have a better coach & team than Milan

Post by Gil Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:24 pm

So despite all the hype, Inter actually have a better coach & team than Milan DGy9e9WW0AAIQwr

Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

So despite all the hype, Inter actually have a better coach & team than Milan Empty Re: So despite all the hype, Inter actually have a better coach & team than Milan

Post by Thimmy Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:28 pm

So despite all the hype, Inter actually have a better coach & team than Milan Cf6889_6aa8099f00ab4c99838fc3e10bd3f8f1
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

So despite all the hype, Inter actually have a better coach & team than Milan Empty Re: So despite all the hype, Inter actually have a better coach & team than Milan

Post by Kaladin Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:29 pm

Not trying to sound jinxy but i totally agree, maybe Bonucci is the only guy that would start at Inter, Icard, Perisic, Joao Mario> our frontline, Gagliardini+Borja=to our midfield, defense they have Miranda and now Skriniar whom i rate, now Dalbert and soon Aurier, both whom address their problems. They are still the team that was top by christmas that time, they just had bad coaches.

Under Spalletti, i can definitely see them challenge for top 3, hwe have a completely new team where the players dont know each other, so there is much greater risk with us, with Inter you have same core, but a better coach. I nmy opinion, they have a better chance of finishing higher than us
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:32 pm

I agree on the manager, disagree on the squad.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:58 pm

The just signed Dalbert, thats a good sensible signing.

Apart from Bonucci, I think our fullbacks and Biglia would definitely start in Inter. Also Kessie>>>Medel, Melo, Kondogbia. Depending on the formation, Hakan and Silva would start too.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:32 pm

Inter will also greatly benefit from not playing in the Europa League, playing one game a week will help with their preparations and lack of depth.

Milan won't have the same luxury playing in two competitions, depending on what sort of effort they place into the Europa League.

The window isn't closed yet and it's difficult to judge a lot of Milan's signings as they've never played in Italy so it'll be a new experience for them. No doubt they've added quality though. I rate Spaletti much higher than Montella. Milan's back line over Inter. Every other area, Inter.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:35 pm

Milan still must sign a CF, I expect this to rate them fully

M99 wrote:The just signed Dalbert, thats a good sensible signing.

Apart from Bonucci, I think our fullbacks and Biglia would definitely start in Inter. Also Kessie>>>Medel, Melo, Kondogbia. Depending on the formation, Hakan and Silva would start too.

Medel has been just sold in Besiktas
Felipe Melo is free agent, no longer Inter player
Kondogbia could go in Valencia and I've doubts he will play tbh.
Biglia depends . I prefer Borja Valero , for example
Milan have better defence than us anyway, Bonucci was unreal signing
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:58 pm

Emre Mor is about to leave BVB for Inter.

I rate him as a monumentally talented player, maybe even more technically gifted than Pulisic and Dembélé.
Sadly his mental capacities do not seem to match his skills so far, which is also why BVB get rid of him appparently.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:45 pm

Inter-ception

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:46 pm

I posted Inter at 4th and Milan at 5th in the calcio thread. I don't really know how it will be, but Spalletti is Spalletti. He brings a lot to the table. They had a sensible mercato and already a talented team. The problem might some depth forward (if they sell Jovetic).

Inter already had the best preseason. Lyon, Bayern, Chelsea and Villareal beat in a row without Icardi. hmm

Icardi
Perisic - Joao Mario - Candreva
Gagliardini - Borja
Dalbert - Skriniar - Miranda - D'Ambrosio
Handanovic

Ansaldi, Murillo, Vecino, Kondogbia, Brozovic, Jovetic, Eder, Ranocchia is decent depth but it depends on who will still leave.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:02 pm

Hear that lads ?? Inter's better. I guess we had our chance.

Can't argue with yet another better Inter on paper than Milan rofl

Y'all keep talking who's walking into the other's lineup and making predictions out of sheer paper value . I currently only see Bonucci between the two teams classified as a player who would walk in any lineup , rest are all air . As for predictions , i'll wait for the season's games to see who's actually better .

Oh Milan has many new players to incorporate ? And how many players does Inter have to incorporate and adapt to Spaletti's ideas and plans ? Is that ALL of them , oh my , who would have guessed.

Milan kept all their best players and their coach and made natural fit signings for Montella's game? I guess Spaletti the Harry Potter will make a team faster than we are already

Such is calcio lyf though . People write us off all the time. What a shame.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:22 pm

No one is writing you off. Why so insecure? its hard to tell who will have a better season.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:31 pm

Why am i insecure ? Because i made a cheeky post lol

Just find it funny that people again proclaim Inter the better team on paper etc . Not necessarily solely about this thread , this thread is what it is . Last season was the same btw . Also , placing us 5th is writing us off , isn't it?

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:39 pm

If Milan finish fifth it would be very disappointing for them. But it also speaks to the quality and competitiveness of the league. Juventus is still strong, as is Roma, Napoli, Inter and of course Milan.

I suppose it's just as likely that Roma has a down season as Milan breaks into the top 3. There's only one way to tell though, and that's to wait and see.

I know Milan have splashed the cash this summer but you're also coming off of your worst 5 or so years in modern history. Roma had one of their very best seasons ever last year (points record if I recall correctly), Napoli has been consistently great for that same time span. Inter does have great personnel and personally, for me a superior manager. I'm not counting Milan out, and I think it's going to be a great season but you can't really count a CL place at the beginning of August. Any one of those teams could have a horrid start and change their manager by January, a sure way to mark a terrible season. Any of those teams can also fly high and top the table in December, like Inter with Mancini a couple years ago, and completely burn out in the second half. Its just how it goes brother.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:48 pm

Dante wrote:Why am i insecure ? Because i made a cheeky post lol

Just find it funny that people again proclaim Inter the better team on paper etc . Not necessarily solely about this thread , this thread is what it is . Last season was the same btw . Also , placing us 5th is writing us off , isn't it?  

In that same post I said " I don't really know how it will be". I'm not writing Milan because no onecan really say how these teams will play out. Being sure that Milan will be top 4 is writing off Inter and even Lazio. The only sure thing is that Juve and Napoli will be there, Roma probably. A great mercato doesn't assure much for Milan, as we all learned with Inter.

Which squad do you think better?
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:54 pm

Luca wrote:If Milan finish fifth it would be very disappointing for them. But it also speaks to the quality and competitiveness of the league. Juventus is still strong, as is Roma, Napoli, Inter and of course Milan.

I suppose it's just as likely that Roma has a down season as Milan breaks into the top 3. There's only one way to tell though, and that's to wait and see.

I know Milan have splashed the cash this summer but you're also coming off of your worst 5 or so years in modern history. Roma had one of their very best seasons ever last year (points record if I recall correctly), Napoli has been consistently great for that same time span. Inter does have great personnel and personally, for me a superior manager. I'm not counting Milan out, and I think it's going to be a great season but you can't really count a CL place at the beginning of August. Any one of those teams could have a horrid start and change their manager by January, a sure way to mark a terrible season. Any of those teams can also fly high and top the table in December, like Inter with Mancini a couple years ago, and completely burn out in the second half. Its just how it goes brother.

and i understand all that , while being confident about our chances. I just made a cheeky remark about how i see things is all , to me calling who's better on paper means very little. Of course the season will prove it and this can go both ways , of course.

Also i don't "count" on a CL place much less by August. I am just confident in our chances of doing it. If i counted on it , my words would leave very little doubt about it , to be sure .

rincon wrote:
Dante wrote:Why am i insecure ? Because i made a cheeky post lol

In that same post I said " I don't really know how it will be". I'm not writing Milan because no onecan really say how these teams will play out. Being sure that Milan will be top 4 is writing off Inter and even Lazio. The only sure thing is that Juve and Napoli will be there, Roma probably. A great mercato doesn't assure much for Milan, as we all learned with Inter.

Which squad do you think better?

Never said "i am sure". I am confident , not sure. And once again , what you type down means very little to nothing when you predict Milan will finish 5th. When a CL place is our goal and you leave Milan out of it , that's writting Milan off , no matter how you describe it after. Isn't it very simple ?

Who's squad is better? I don't know , the season will answer this. I fancy our chances though , worst case as much as Inter's .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:55 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Emre Mor is about to leave BVB for Inter.

I rate him as a monumentally talented player, maybe even more technically gifted than Pulisic and Dembélé.
Sadly his mental capacities do not seem to match his skills so far, which is also why BVB get rid of him appparently.

Going from one of the best clubs that knows how to nurture a talent to one of the worst, if not the worst. He likes the challenge it seems Laughing
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:02 am

JJuventus
Napoli
Inter
Roma
Milan

smoking
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:54 am

Meanwhle We've just signed Dalbert from Nice

So @farfan and @sportsczy can confirm that is really good ?
because orur left fullback is always been our main weakness hmm

Good to read it, there is hot just negativity about him so Proud

Last edited by Robespierre on Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:57 am

InterMalia wrote:

Going from one of the best clubs that knows how to nurture a talent to one of the worst, if not the worst. He likes the challenge it seems Laughing

Well, as I said, BVB get rid because despite of his unreal talent he seems to be too stupid Laughing

I personally think though that he will be a top player in a few years. Spectacular talent. BVB should have kept him.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:04 am

Robespierre wrote:

Good to read it, there is hot just negativity about him so Proud

I think he is a breathtakingly skilled young player, very impressive.
But as I said, BVB seem to think that his current state of being a headless chicken, coupled with temperamental issues of not controlling himself, coupled with terrible decision making of when to pass and when to dribble (he always dribbles) -basically the mental make up of a 11 year old-, is incurable.

Seeing how young he is, I would definitively think there's a chance he gets smarter, and if he does he will be fantastic.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:22 am

Can anyone other than Gil for obvious reasons ask why they think this way?

Inter were shite last year and haven't bought anyone relevant where as Milan finished above them BEFORE they splashed the cash on new players.

Also Spaletti hype rofl he hasn't been relevant in about 8 years.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:18 pm

I don't think like Gil but I can explain why I'm not sure which Milan club will be best.

First, laughing at Spalletti's hype is ridiculous. Me, or Robes and McLewis (whose clubs have been associated with Spalletti), and basically most people that follow serie a will tell you that. It doesn't make any sense to say he hasn't been relevant in 8 years when last year he broke Roma's all time point record (87) and most goals record (90). Its more than he did ever in his career.

His Roma scored the second most in the league (behind Napoli) and conceded the second least goals (behind Juve). This with a team he revived after Roma looked like absolute crap at the end of Garcia's reign. He arrived and completely revived their team (which is what Inter need), they went on to save their season and then improve everything the one after. They beat Milan and Inter in every game. They went 1 win/1 loss with both Juve and Napoli.

Montella is also a good coach and looks like he might become one of the leaders in italian football with time. At the moment though, no doubt Spalletti is far more proven. Like another poster said, him, Allegri and Sarri are ahead of the rest.

On the squads, its hard to say which one is better. One of Inter's big problems was a bunch of deadwood in the squad, all of the managers complained about the bloated team. That's been addressed for the most part and they've gotten good players in key areas they needed (Borja, Skriniar, Vecino, Dalbert).

One thing that points towards Inter's problems being solved, or less apparent than before, is the fact that they've had a wonderful preseason. They've been winning their games and performing well without the one man who carried them for years (Icardi has been injured). Even Eder and Jovetic are performing in this Inter. Now, preseason is something else. It could all mean little, but those are valid reason to think that Spalletti has this project ongoing.

Milan has had a great mercato. They got all the right players basically, but they were working with very little to begin with. Last season they finished 6th and that was seen as an achievement. This improved squad doesn't put them ahead of the competitors, it puts them on competitive grounds with them in terms of players.

I've watched some of their preseason (and EL) games and its not so fluid. Which makes sense since all these players don't really know each other, and Montella has been changing systems on them in different matches (and within the match). The first leg of the EL qualifier was very poor. The second leg was a lot better. They just lost a friendly against Betis. Again, this is preseason, but it shows how some of the preparation is going.

If you ask how will inter look this season you will hear 4-2-3-1 with probably ~9 players in the lineup set. There is direction. How will Milan play? who will play? no one is sure. I doubt even Montella knows. Will another striker arrive? LW? will they go back 3 or 4?

It may take longer to see Milan at its best than it might Inter. And when Milan find their best, it might be that there are quite some gaps in the squad, as it wasn't built with a system in mind. Unless of course, they bring in a LW (or decide to go narrow) and they sign a top goalscorer (or decide against Selling Bacca).
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:23 pm

Good post with solid points but it's not a mystery what Montella intends to do . We'll keep playing 4-3-3 untill Romagnoli gets back , then go 3-5-1(Suso)-1(CF/Silva) or something that involves 3 at the back . In any case , Montella always does that , changing formation for certain matches or during matches. It's not uncertainty , it's what Montella does . He's one of those coaches who will use plan B , or C , without hesitation if he thinks it could help . He likes to alternate , although last season it was mostly 4-3-3 . He still used 3-5-2 , or 4-2-3-1 etc , likely others that i am forgetting right now during matches..

In any case , the way one plays is more important than the formation. Formation is there to suit your players play their best football. Our kind of game is not in question here , it's only technicalities left tbh and Montella will figure it out , he's proved himself there last season . And no matter who else comes and what we choose as main formation , we will still use both 4-3-3 and 3 at the back anyway . One of the things that i like in Montella , is that he's flexible like that. He might be a 4-3-3 merchant but in Fiorentina he was a 3-5-2 merchant etc etc. His teams have very clear and similar traits however , how they shape up comes in 2nd , behind how we play. So no , it's all standard protocol so far , Montella evidently knows what he wants to do . He'll use our tested 4-3-3 untill Romagnoli gets back and our next big addition up front.

He already spoke of 3 at the back etc etc and TBH , Musacchio-Bonucci-Romagnoli is too good to pass up , all 3 are so good with the ball it's not even funny. And playing from the back is paramount for us , no way he'll leave any of them on the bench. Conti and RicRod will be even more dangerous as wingbacks too , with more freedom to charge up and less worry about leaving space open . Untill the time is right , we go with the tested 4-3-3 .

As for who's going to get it together faster or first, let me say once again that we kept our coach and many players ,  11 player or not , are full well adapted within our play . We do not start from 0 or anything like that. If anyone's begun from 0 this summer , that's Spaletti's Inter.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 pm

Even if we pretend Spalletti is better than Montella ( clue he isn't) Milan finished ABOVE Inter before Milan signed all these players.

Inter haven't sign anyone to improve them at any decent rate, where as Milan obviously has.

Milan finishing below Inter would be a massive under performance on Milan's behalf.

BTW Pre Season means *bleep* all, as a Juve fan you should know this lol.

The fact you even consider this a competition means you are massively overrating Spaletti or massively overrating Inter's players based on absolutely nothing.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next