guest7
Winter is Coming
Firenze
LeVersacci
RealGunner
86 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 35 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU

Post by Casciavit Sun May 29, 2022 10:48 am

You know the only reason I posted that is because I realized he didn't post anything congratulating the team.

Knowing Mr. Factos I came to the conclusion he doesn't want to add to the perception that they won without him. Laughing

Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 35 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU

Post by El Gunner Sun May 29, 2022 11:14 am

Casciavit wrote:Constant R16 exits since he’s left

While Madrid won this year and made it to the semis the year before

Who carried who?

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 35 EBBiUynUYAAT0Sc

very similar KD - Golden State Warriors vibes
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad31 Sun May 29, 2022 1:36 pm

Like I said for years what so impressive about cr goals, when he literally just shoots the ball all game and nothing else? Doesn't make plays, defends or pressure defenders, just stands around waiting to benefit from the other players hard work to take all the credit in the end, and I'm gonna be real cr plays like shit for majority of his madrid career lots of poor performance that go unnoticed because people are busy counting his goals and pushing messi vs cr, I'm the only poster that said real madrid could easily won more if it wasn't for cr and his selfish ways, people act like I was saying madness when it clearly comes obvious cr becomes an obstacle in high pressure games and the team has to try and win in spite of him, cause he can't take a step back and give the other players a chance, the teams cr had around should have won much more and couldn't because of him, 2 la liga in 9 seasons ffs, if it wasn't for the 4 CL cr madrid career would be looked at differently for what it actually was a bunch of Stat padding and ghosting important games.

I was happy when he left and I hope the team never ever goes back to that style with football again, and of course I'm grateful for the games and give him credit when shows up and help the team win of course but a lot of his goals artificially created and forced.

Chad31
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun May 29, 2022 1:56 pm

umm, the competition we had when cr was here was very different than what we have in la liga now. hold your horses,sports isn't logic. we won la liga with 86 points, in 12/13 we were second with 85. we have had at least 4 seasons off the top of my head with cr where we finished 2nd with 90 points or over. hell when we won la decima we were third and probably finished with more points than we did this season.

i'm happy for the team, also happy that for a change guys leave madrid and rather than win en masse like in the past, its like they regret it (i bet cristiano varane regret their choices). but to act like he was some scrub, and did absolute squat is super disingenuous/fanboyism if i can call it that. be happy your man had a great season, but quit this revisionist deal

@el gunner very different from kd. kd went to the team that beat him, and had won before he got there, and look on the verge of winning after (finals not set yet). they needed each other but kd needed them badly....he would have been in the barkley malone stockton group if not. cristiano left a set utd team for us going through rebranding. cant all of a sudden act like cristiano ramos casillas and those dudes r scrubs cos we won after they left.....not on my watch
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun May 29, 2022 2:17 pm

I don't think this affects his legacy in any way. He was the biggest contributor to Madrid's resurgence in Europe, not a passive beneficiary of it. Madrid had trouble getting past the round of 16 for 6 seasons when he joined.

But knowing the man's character, I'm sure he feels salty that Madrid has flicked him like a booger and transitioned to a new successful era with relative ease.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun May 29, 2022 2:39 pm

Kroos, Modric, Casemiro

Rabiot, Arthur, Bentancur

Fred, Bruno, McTominay
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:17 am

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:16 pm

To be honest Ronaldo's close control has always been a bit overrated. He has ingenuity and timing but that rhythmic hop step that he does which is aesthetic is mostly useful on the wing and not inside.

Messi takes micro-touches that navigates the ball thrice per second almost its brilliant.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:12 pm

Reminds me of this, that's 5 touches per second btw.

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 35 IOyUM0D
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:14 pm

they made him do another take Shocked rofl

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:48 pm

Read this far "Magnus Carlsen, the greatest chess player of all time..." rofl
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:58 pm

Harmonica wrote:Read this far "Magnus Carlsen, the greatest chess player of all time..." rofl
Doesn't he have the longest unbeaten streak and peak rating, like ever? I read somewhere he was going to beat Kasparov's streak too.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:11 pm

CR nowadays is relegated to the status of a try hard Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:27 pm

danyjr wrote:
Harmonica wrote:Read this far "Magnus Carlsen, the greatest chess player of all time..." rofl
Doesn't he have the longest unbeaten streak and peak rating, like ever? I read somewhere he was going to beat Kasparov's streak too.

Anand>>>

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:43 pm

danyjr wrote:
Means pretty much nothing because of elo inflation, and because modern chess players play for draws not wins. Kasparov and Fischer are by far the best overall players of all-time.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:43 pm

Just wandering what ppl think of his meeting with Jordan Peterson recently? Apparently hes been depressed in recent months n seeked his advice? Wanting to phase or see out his remaining career more gracefully before retiring n moving on to his other businesses or whatever, thats according to JP anyway Razz

Also interested to see what ppl here think of JP? He just keeps popping up on YT n is everywhere for some reason? Huge controversial n popular figure...?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:11 pm

first time i've heard of him meeting up with Peterson? is there a video?

Peterson is okay, an intelligent person, not really that controversial as some make him out to be.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:27 pm

Relying on Peterson soundbites for motivation...CR7 is down bad rofl
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:29 pm

@El Gunner CR just posted a photo of them I think, I randomly came across a YT video JP interviewed by British TV, prolly promoting his new book or something, just google it Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:16 pm

El Gunner wrote:Peterson is okay, an intelligent person, not really that controversial as some make him out to be.

he recently went off the rails and exposed himself, his takes are idiotic now. Just a right-wing propagandist at this point. I was fooled too, his comparisons of human relations to the animal kingdom were always dubious at best.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:28 pm

Myesyats wrote:
El Gunner wrote:Peterson is okay, an intelligent person, not really that controversial as some make him out to be.

he recently went off the rails and exposed himself, his takes are idiotic now. Just a right-wing propagandist at this point. I was fooled too, his comparisons of human relations to the animal kingdom were always dubious at best.

He was an obvious grifter from day one. His peddling of the "cultural marxism" conspiracy theory is enough to dismiss him as a serious thinker.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:13 pm

Jordan Peterson is a dumb person's idea of a smart person, his above average vocabulary and some basic understanding of Jungian physiology makes him sound smarter than he really is but every time he goes into politics he reveals how stupid he is.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:32 pm

I think Jordan Peterson has sensible opinions on certain topics, but most of it isn't groundbreaking or incredibly inspirational, from what I can tell. His fans seem to see him as just that, though - inspirational. Above all else, I think he has a very broad vocabulary and he's more capable than most at transcribing his thoughts into words. A lot of people seem to share his thoughts on certain topics, and my impression is that they appreciate him for being a public figure who's capable of vocalizing their shared thoughts, moreso than being someone who's hyper intelligent.

I do have an issue with him, but at the same time, I don't blame him for it. He rose to fame when he, as a school psychologist, defended himself against students who accused him of being guilty by association and pointed towards some of his fans or followers at the school who had expressed transphobic opinions or something along those lines. It was caught on tape and later went viral. His career has rapidly risen to fame and fortune since then, and he has flown all over the world for interviews and debates on a variety of topics, including some that he's evidently clueless about. I get the impression that he's mostly associated with his opinions on feminism, but he's largely moved on from that in recent time, and you can find Youtube clips of him talking about all sorts of stuff that he doesn't necessarily know a lot about. I assume it's primarily his world tour, and also his Youtube channel that's managed to keep him relevant for so long, and his devout followers don't seem to care that his ignorance has been exposed on so many occasions.

I watched his debate with Sam Harris and I thought it was painful to watch how inadequate he was at having a discussion on the topics of religion and philosophy with someone who, in my opinion, is vastly out of his league in terms of knowledge and experience in that field, yet he accepted to participate in the debate and ended up spending a lot of time intentionally changing topics to something he was more comfortable talking about, presumably to create the illusion that he was keeping up with the discussion. So yeah, I'm not a big fan of Jordan Peterson as a public speaker, but he's only taking advantage of the career that was given to him and is being kept alive by his fans.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:27 pm

Myesyats wrote:

i can't say that i'm a devout follower of his nor keep up with everything he does. Though I do know he got addicted to pain medication not too long ago, and was stuck in a depressive rut of sorts, and then he came back looking much older and not with as much zest in his speeches anymore. That most recent podcast discussion he had with Sam Harris as Timothy mentions is painful to watch from his end, but at least it looks like he has been humbled a bit.

But what i like most about him is his older, passionate videos. Whether i agree with him or not on certain topics, i can appreciate how he extrapolates his views and correlates them throughout a wide range of topics which I myself am trained or interested in such as Clinical Psychology, Jungian Psychology, Religious texts, Evolutionary Psychology and modern day pop culture/politics.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:33 pm

Pedram wrote:Jordan Peterson is a dumb person's idea of a smart person, his above average vocabulary and some basic understanding of Jungian physiology makes him sound smarter than he really is but every time he goes into politics he reveals how stupid he is.

Very Happy what's your idea of a smart person?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:30 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Pedram wrote:Jordan Peterson is a dumb person's idea of a smart person, his above average vocabulary and some basic understanding of Jungian physiology makes him sound smarter than he really is but every time he goes into politics he reveals how stupid he is.

Very Happy what's your idea of a smart person?
smart is pretty relative but people like jordan Peterson and Elon musk try so hard to be the smartest guy in the room that they come off insecure IMO. Smart people come in various forms, there really isn't a standard

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next