Thimmy
Firenze
El Gunner
Myesyats
FennecFox7
43 posters

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU Empty Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:33 pm

The breaking point for me was when he didn’t congratulate big Benz winning the ballon d’or. This guy was your right hand man where you won EVERYTHING! And you can’t even acknowledge him?

That being said, Chad spouting nonsense as usual. Ronaldo was the ultimate big game player with Benzema, Ramos, and Marcelo shitting the bed and playing with the likes of khedira and Arbeloa. Unbelievable goal scorer and quite frankly was very well rounded in other parts of his game. and if not for Messi existing (he is now the better player the way he has shown himself to adapt his game, and I honestly appreciate him as a human much more now), Ronaldo would probably be the goat of this generation.

The issue is his rotten attitude and narcissistic persona. Despite his ability, I’ve lost all respect for the guy. It’s clear he only cares about himself. What’s ironic is that the two coaches, zizou and Carlo, who convinced Ronaldo to play Team ball got him to play his best football and win multiple ballon d’ors.

Look at the way Messi conducts himself as a human being. It’s not fake humility. He’s been doing it his whole life.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU

Post by Myesyats Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:50 pm

Him trying to smooch with Cancelo was pure cringe, guy is a proper retard

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU

Post by El Gunner Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:16 pm

lol he's losing the respect of everyone now... wonder how Portugal will do
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:43 pm

need this cancer gone man

biggest heel turn in football

all calculated, he wants us to let him go
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:09 pm

first part of interview out on youtube... was really sad for me to hear him talk about the loss of his baby boy. Kind of humanized him a bit for me, coz i never really cared much for the guy tbh.

Another thing that stood out to me is how he speaks about the new generation of footballers and their lack of commitment to the game. He only praised Dalot, Casemiro and Martinez.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:17 pm

I honestly think a lot of people, including you lot are being very hysterical about all of this  Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU 1f605 Yeah, his career is in limbo right now, but we're just judging him at face value and throwing our biases into it. We know nothing about what he's experienced while at the club. He's not squeaky clean, by any means, and I don't care much what happens to him, but reading your comments is like reading fan reactions to a soap opera.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:11 am

Firenze wrote:need this cancer gone man

biggest heel turn in football

all calculated, he wants us to let him go

Bro, United fans are finally waking up. It's glorious Proud

Need him out before our next game.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:00 am

Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim.
Assalamu'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh to Muslim.
Good day to Others.

I'm glad that my football idol
have class
on & off the pitch.

Wallahu a'lam. Smile

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:33 am

El Gunner wrote:first part of interview out on youtube... was really sad for me to hear him talk about the loss of his baby boy. Kind of humanized him a bit for me, coz i never really cared much for the guy tbh.

Another thing that stood out to me is how he speaks about the new generation of footballers and their lack of commitment to the game. He only praised Dalot, Casemiro and Martinez.
That last part is typical of him. He will praise a few and throw the rest under the bus. Very Mourinho like. He did it at RM too. Did he really not mention Varane Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:45 am

An act of desperation. You only make this kind of move when you have a written agreement from another club that wants to sign you, otherwise this is a deterrent to other clubs. The people he needs to part ways with are his advisors. As an athlete, the deals your handlers and agents can make for you at 29 arent the same as the ones at 34. So you cant always go with the premise of, "i'm sticking with the same camp". when an athlete is younger, agents have to boost their ego, increase their market valuation etc....when you're 34 you do not need yes-men.

His madrid exit, the juve experience and then going back to utd, should be clear proof to him that his handlers have lost the plot. And then this interview; i remember Hasselbaink said something about how he left a club when he felt mistreated by a coach. he said he shook the managers hand upon his exit , his exact quote was "always shake hands". But what bothered me more is how cristiano just let morgan gode him into topics, and bashing anyone who may have been critical (rightly so) of him.

If his handlers were as smart as they're supposed to be, they encourage him to do this interview with someone like rio, who at least is friendly with him, is in the media but isnt the typical journalist looking for 'gotcha journalism', can understand cristiano's agenda, and also shape it in a way the dude doesnt just torpedo the whole bridge and his image. Still the best player i've seen at madrid and i'm glad he joined us when he did, regardless of what that other dude is talking about. Facing the greatest barca side ever, cristiano's football and his will to win was more than necessary at madrid. United's biggest fault was signing a player cos they thought city were signing him. the guy is in his late 30s, should have never gone for him to begin with
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:32 pm

Thimmy wrote:I honestly think a lot of people, including you lot are being very hysterical about all of this  Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU 1f605 Yeah, his career is in limbo right now, but we're just judging him at face value and throwing our biases into it. We know nothing about what he's experienced while at the club. He's not squeaky clean, by any means, and I don't care much what happens to him, but reading your comments is like reading fan reactions to a soap opera.

Thats what hes turned this into though, have u seen the interview or just the highlights even? Very Happy Nobody thought but it was Trump-like, hence all these responses Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:15 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:
Thimmy wrote:I honestly think a lot of people, including you lot are being very hysterical about all of this  Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU 1f605 Yeah, his career is in limbo right now, but we're just judging him at face value and throwing our biases into it. We know nothing about what he's experienced while at the club. He's not squeaky clean, by any means, and I don't care much what happens to him, but reading your comments is like reading fan reactions to a soap opera.

Thats what hes turned this into though, have u seen the interview or just the highlights even? Very Happy  Nobody thought but it was Trump-like, hence all these responses Very Happy

I've only seen 2 short clips from it. I know you've been jumping at every opportunity to ridicule him for several years now, regardless of there being any drama or not, so your angle is well documented lol. I don't care enough to watch the entire thing, it's not of interest to me, but I do think it's awkward to witness how easily influenced people are by whatever the media tell them to believe in. People who have biases against the people involved in these media coverages, like you do against Ronaldo, basically become unpaid influencers for journalists who want to inflate the dramatization of these stories as much as possible Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU 1f605
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:46 pm

Thimmy smacking some sense into GL Proud
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:15 pm

Ronaldo has been a narcissistic, egotistical and redacted drama queen all his career, and this interview is no different. It's a narcissist manifesto and I don't see how it's dramatized by the interviewer in this case? This is all Ronaldo and I'm not surprised one bit, especially in the context of him not congratulating Benz and refusing to be subbed on etc, he is in a bad place and all the flaws of his character are on display by his own doing

This is not fishing for controversy, this redact called Piers and arranged it himself
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:26 pm

I don't know what the interviewer has to do with anything here. The media are trying to blow things out of proportion, as they always do, and are expected to do. I've only watched the clip that was posted by someone earlier in this thread, and a more recent one that was posted on a Norwegian site.

He explained that he missed pre-season because his daughter was sick in hospital and he'd had a discussion with the club president about it, but felt that he wasn't believed. From what I can tell, most people just assumed that he skipped it because he's the prick diva that you're describing him to be Razz The club could've easily stated his reasons for being absent in pre-season, but they didn't for whatever reason.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:30 pm

@thimmy it comes with the territory and is perfectly normal. as long as its not death, wife or kids, everything in sports is fair game for banter and jokes. and cristiano's brought that upon himself (i was gonna say not that it affects him, but who knows, athletes these days seem to care what people on twitter think...e.g. kevin durant). i could think of multiple ways cristiano could have handled this whole situation before resorting to this crap of an interview.

it has no effect on his legacy whatsoever, but it makes him look out of touch with reality and a bit foolish. his biggest play now that could turn this whole thing around is win the world cup. i think that might raise his stock a bit in the eyes of potential suitors in european football....but even with that, he is a year older. he would be 38 next season. No sensible top tier club should be building around any player in their late 30s.

its tough but players at that level need to learn to let it go and not get forced out. honestly if him or messi win the world cup, just call it a day on football. let the fans beg to see you play again, instead of begging to see you leave.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:36 pm

Of course, I don't really mean to defend Ronaldo or his decision to do the interview, I just think it's quite absurd how easily influenced people are by the media, and how eagerly they swallow up gossip without having any insight at all into what's going on.

Luckily, most of us will likely not find ourselves in a situation where we're judged by people looking in from the outside, pretending to know exactly where we are on the moral side of things, although the majority of our relevant interactions occur away from their view.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:44 pm

Thimmy wrote:I don't know what the interviewer has to do with anything here. The media are trying to blow things out of proportion, as they always do, and are expected to do. I've only watched the clip that was posted by someone earlier in this thread, and a more recent one that was posted on a Norwegian site.

He explained that he missed pre-season because his daughter was sick in hospital and he'd had a discussion with the club president about it, but felt that he wasn't believed. From what I can tell, most people just assumed that he skipped it because he's the prick diva that you're describing him to be Razz The club could've easily stated his reasons for being absent in pre-season, but they didn't for whatever reason.

I actually havent seen which media outlets are trying to blow this interview out of proportion? It's a crazy interview, and my opinion is based on the interview alone and not any articles describing it or whatever

The sick daughter story is the part I believe, the club didnt believe him but thats actually the least shocking part of the interview
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:55 pm

titosantill wrote:

it has no effect on his legacy whatsoever, but it makes him look out of touch with reality and a bit foolish. his biggest play now that could turn this whole thing around is win the world cup. i think that might raise his stock a bit in the eyes of potential suitors in european football....but even with that, he is a year older. he would be 38 next season. No sensible top tier club should be building around any player in their late 30s.

Don't get me wrong, I only care about his legacy at Real Madrid. I have little interest in how his personal career shapes up. I think I've been his only consistent critic on here, following his transfer to Man United. His negative influence on the tactical setup of the team was very evident from the moment he arrived there, and that didn't change for me when he was being praised for farming goals against lesser opposition. I don't think he should have ever joined Man United, but the club seems to be run by a bunch of clowns.

My issue is more with how people act like hyenas to these controversies, in general. Ronaldo isn't a stranger to controversies and immature behaviour, but I wouldn't assume that everything he does is based around that type of tendency. It's those types of assumptions that the media wants people to have, as it adds hyperbole and interest to situations that aren't as interesting when they're recognized for being more nuanced.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:20 am

I don’t see how you can say you didn’t watch the interview and at the same time everyone is making something out of nothing. Surely you need to know what was said to make a judgement on it?

For what it’s worth, it’s the attack on Ten Hag that is the really awful thing for me. The rest isn’t that big of a deal imo
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:50 am

😄 Toxic fans.

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:57 am

Media sensationalize things n especially huge sports stars like CR sure, especially in todays world where social media means even more faster n shorter attention grabbing snap shots of any sorts instead of explaining everything. Haters like me are always gonna jump on him Very Happy But for example Covid has really taught me to being objective n at the least be suspicious of what the media chucks out on a daily basis, a lot of it is bs sure... but this was not Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:05 am

guest_07 wrote:

😄 Toxic fans.

lmao and some of those fans are literal grown man... crazy
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:09 am

Media sensationalize things n especially huge sports stars like CR sure, especially in todays world where social media means even more faster n shorter attention grabbing snap shots of any sorts instead of explaining everything. Haters like me are always gonna jump on him Very Happy But for example Covid has really taught me to being objective n at the least be suspicious of what the media chucks out on a daily basis, a lot of it is bs sure... but this was not Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:28 am

Don't even talk about my man, you freaking old baby with white beard
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next