Hapless_Hans
Unique
El Gunner
RealGunner
urbaNRoots
24 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Özil contract situation - Page 3 Empty Re: Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Özil contract situation

Post by Jay29 Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:55 pm

Some interesting stats about Alexis. Doesn't work as hard as people think he does:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/15118/10794349/alexis-sanchez8217s-running-and-sprint-stats-hint-at-arsenal-problem

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Özil contract situation - Page 3 Empty Re: Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Özil contract situation

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:34 pm

A lot of people confuse Alexis' first press with hard work, never mind that he gives up if he can't win the ball back immediately. Reminds me of Cesc' half assed defending in midfield. Or Iwobi's. Or a lot of Arsenal players' in present and in the past.

This half assed defending makes other teammates think "he got this player" when in reality he doesn't and that's how you concede. You either defend all the way through or straight up let someone else do the work, not this half hard-work and half-laziness that we do thing that we do, which is what Alexis does.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:51 pm

Fool of Soccer‏ @foolofsoccer
Ozil has not responded to Arsenal's latest contract offer of over £200,000 a week, with his friends claiming he wants to quit the Emirates. rofl
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:55 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Fool of Soccer‏ @foolofsoccer
Ozil has not responded to Arsenal's latest contract offer of over £200,000 a week, with his friends claiming he wants to quit the Emirates. rofl
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:51 pm

Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:58 pm

Lol get rid of them both.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:59 pm

Can't believe that Alexis and Özil are leaving but Wenger is still here.

*bleep* this club.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:35 am

Özil spoke to the german press agency:

"Fact is, I still have a contract in London. And to speculate now would be wrong. After the season we will see, there will be talks. I feel really comfortable in London and Arsenal."

"I don't know what he [Wenger] will decide to do. We must simply wait."
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:09 am

I'm not sold on the idea that we'll definitely lose them both. If anything, we'd hang on to Özil, but it'd be a shame to sell at a loss if we had to let one or both of them go.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:12 pm

How do you *bleep* this up. They both would have stayed if you simply paid up ffs. How the *bleep* is it possible to mess this up so badly.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:15 pm

I like how Hans is so shocked Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:01 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:How do you *bleep* this up. They both would have stayed if you simply paid up ffs. How the *bleep* is it possible to mess this up so badly.

It's simple. You dilly-dally on wages for roughly 8 months and by the time you're getting closer to (instead of meeting) their demands, your form has been throttled so terribly that your negotiating position is almost nonexistent. It's from the Woodward school of negotiating.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:35 pm

Tbf the Woodward school of negotiating would be to instantly pay them 1.5 times what they demand and then watch them become lazy and entitled
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:41 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Tbf the Woodward school of negotiating would be to instantly pay them 1.5 times what they demand and then watch them become lazy and entitled

I like our version better where we don't pay either of them anything near what they want and then watch one become lazy and the other entitled.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:46 pm

Özil: "When the team's on a bad run, somebody needs to be singled out, sadly most of the time it's me" Laughing
"I still have a one-year contract & I love to run for this club, so let’s just wait & see what happens"
Özil on critics: "It used to trouble me but if you continue like that you’ll be broken. I have become stronger & not everyone can like you"
Özil: "I started strongly but – like the team – not kept up my performance. When it isnt going well its twice as hard for a creative player"
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:12 pm

I think Özil will renew
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:19 pm

via my sources resources in spain reddit:

Alexis:"Me gusta mantenerme en una ciudad, en un equipo, pero un equipo que sea ganador, que tenga mentalidad ganadora, de ganar títulos. Y es lo que los chilenos siempre me piden y me ponen en las redes sociales"
TRANSLATION:
I would like to stay in a city [long term], in a team [long term], but a team that wins, that has a winning mentality, that wins titles. Its what chileans always ask from me, and what they post on social media."
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:20 pm

Swear to God if we sell him to Chelsea Clubber
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:26 pm

If I were Arsenal, I would sell Özil as long as he's valuable in the market. The guy's an imposter and mentally fragile.

Alexis, on the other hand, should be offered whatever wages he demands.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:28 pm

RMC: Chelsea & PSG have entered into negotiations with Alexis Sanchez's entourage

RMC: Alexis Sanchez's agent has met with PSG on multiple occasions, a source cited by RMC suggests that Alexis is interested in the PSG project.

RMC: Sanchez's Arsenal departure "more & more likely," Arsenal want at least €50m & don't intend to sell to a Premier League rival.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:05 pm

Would hope for more than €50m for one of the best players in the Premier League, even with a year left on his contract.

Best case scenario with him leaving is he goes to PSG, we keep Özil and invest the money in a ready-made replacement. This is going to be made immensely more difficult if we don't make UCL.

Granted, I don't think it'll be as hard as, say, attracting a top tier player to Liverpool and Spurs who have missed out on big names because they don't regularly make top 4. But for Arsenal, maybe the fact that it's the first time in two decades would help convince a player we'll be back in it next season.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:37 pm

We'll be lucky to get €40m let alone more than €50m. Remember this club sold Cesc Fabregas for €35m, our captain, who still had 4 years left in his contract.

Alexis and his future club have all the leverage. The only way I can see us getting €40m is if we sell him to a Premier League club and surely that is out of the question.

All PSG has to do is offer €25m and we'll carry him to Paris just so he can't go to Chelsea.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:35 pm

Alexis Sanchez makes Chelsea his number one choice for summer move

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/04/03/arsenal-transfer-news-alexis-sanchez-makes-chelsea-number-one/
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:45 pm

Wenger'
Sanchez has One and a half years left on his contract, I don't see what is new with that debate.

I do not understand this anxiety one and a half years from the end of your contract.'
Laughing
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:00 am

@JamesOlley
Wenger says Sanchez is happy at Arsenal and "it is down to us to find an agreement wit his agent".
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:54 am

MJ wrote:@JamesOlley
Wenger says Sanchez is happy at London and "it is down to us to find an agreement wit his agent".
Thumbs up
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next