Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump watch - Page 25 Empty Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu May 11, 2017 6:37 pm

ES wrote:Is Trump going to be impeached or on the road to impeachment?

He's only going to be impeached should Democrats win the respective majorities in house and senate, in the midterms in 2018 I guess.
I'd say that with the way the redrawing of districts has proceeded, it's unlikely they manage.

The Republican congress is obviously not going to impeach their president.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu May 11, 2017 6:39 pm

And the letter is so unbelievably badly written lmao
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu May 11, 2017 7:11 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

He's only going to be impeached should Democrats win the respective majorities in house and senate, in the midterms in 2018 I guess.
I'd say that with the way the redrawing of districts has proceeded, it's unlikely they manage.

As partisan as the Republicans are, if there's cold hard evidence that comes out of these investigations that implicate Trump, they'll have no choice but to impeach. They don't even ALL need to vote to impeach. They just need a few extra Republicans to vote along with the Democrats to impeach.

If there's a criminal indictment of Trump and they choose to do nothing, it will forever damage their reputation as a party. Part of the reason the Republican party was able to recover from Richard Nixon is that they had the majorities at the time and they put party aside to impeach him. If they turn a blind eye this time, they'll get swept away in the mid terms and lose both majorities. Quinnipiac already has Dems +16 (pre Comey firing) in the House if mid term elections were to be held today.

So don't rule it out. It all depends on what comes out of the investigations. Which is probably why Trump saw the need to fire Comey. Couldn't have made this whole shit up, I tell you.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Sat May 13, 2017 11:48 am

Even with gerrymandering, it is possible to win the House in a landslide public opinion but not the Senate. The Senate maybe in 2020! In 2018, most of the seats defended are by Dems & around 10 are in Trump states, some by big margins. Assuming they retain all & win NV (which Hillary won) & Arizona (which HRC lost by 4-5% & Dems haven't win AZ Senate in many years), that is still 50-50.

Pence breaks the tie. So, among the deep red states, they can try Nebraska which is Very very unlikely or Texas (which looks like their best bet, a historical strong GOP state which they always win in strong double digits but HRC lost by only 9%). Texas vs Ted freaking lunatic Cruz is a very Very uphill battle & is probably not even worth wasting money, but atleast can be tried!

And, I find hard to believe Manchin or Heitkamp in the Dems will vote to impeach him. It will take something serious which is so bad & damaging that some moderate Republicans like Susan Collins or war-hawks like McCain & Graham will go along !

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Sat May 13, 2017 11:52 am

Blue Barrett wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

As partisan as the Republicans are, if there's cold hard evidence that comes out of these investigations that implicate Trump, they'll have no choice but to impeach. They don't even ALL need to vote to impeach. They just need a few extra Republicans to vote along with the Democrats to impeach.

If there's a criminal indictment of Trump and they choose to do nothing, it will forever damage their reputation as a party. Part of the reason the Republican party was able to recover from Richard Nixon is that they had the majorities at the time and they put party aside to impeach him. If they turn a blind eye this time, they'll get swept away in the mid terms and lose both majorities. Quinnipiac already has Dems +16 (pre Comey firing) in the House if mid term elections were to be held today.

So don't rule it out. It all depends on what comes out of the investigations. Which is probably why Trump saw the need to fire Comey. Couldn't have made this whole shit up, I tell you.

This is a party of lunatics. Every of them don't believe in climate change apart from Susan Collins & Graham & McCain. Only Collins opposed Scott Pruitt who is kicking academic scientists & is putting coal & chemical industry representative in EPL Scientific review board - This is a banana republic if you go by what GOP is doing !

For 1 year, they didn't let Garland, a centrist with a conservative voting record in many issues, get even a hearing & stole a SC seat. There is no expectation of decency from this bunch of lunatics. Everyone of them voted for Trump's horrendous Cabinet picks. Maybe Murkowski can be counted too (she voted against Betsy Devos). So, you can see 4 people being moved by a big scandal (& hopefully some others but don't count on it).

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun May 14, 2017 4:29 am

footyfan01 wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

This is a party of lunatics. Every of them don't believe in climate change apart from Susan Collins & Graham & McCain. Only Collins opposed Scott Pruitt who is kicking academic scientists & is putting coal & chemical industry representative in EPL Scientific review board - This is a banana republic if you go by what GOP is doing !

For 1 year, they didn't let Garland, a centrist with a conservative voting record in many issues, get even a hearing & stole a SC seat. There is no expectation of decency from this bunch of lunatics. Everyone of them voted for Trump's horrendous Cabinet picks. Maybe Murkowski can be counted too (she voted against Betsy Devos). So, you can see 4 people being moved by a big scandal (& hopefully some others but don't count on it).

Thing is, they will jump ship re: Trump once it becomes politically favorable to do so. If Trump's fav polling tanks further and it starts to affect their mid term races, you'll see them jump ship. As ridiculous as the GOP are, a lot of them are only siding with Trump for 2 reasons: a) The voting base that voted for Trump are also essential to their re-election and they don't want to anger those voters b) They'll turn a blind eye to almost anything Trump does as long as he approves their tax cuts and signs any bill they put in front of him.

But on the 2nd point, if Pence becomes President, he will also sign whatever is put in front of him. So it's really just the voting base.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue May 16, 2017 8:00 am

Can't make this shit up. Trump>>>>>Aladeen
https://www.google.co.in/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN18B2MX

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 16, 2017 3:14 pm

Spends all campaign complaining about Hillary potentially leaking secrets on her private email server, proceeds to just tell them to the Russian embassador Proud

Blasts the CIA because they claimed the dnc hacks were of Russian origin, questioning the competence of the organization, brags to the Russians about how he has the best intelligence... While divulging state secrets Proud
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue May 16, 2017 3:46 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Spends all campaign complaining about Hillary potentially leaking secrets on her private email server, proceeds to just tell them to the Russian embassador Proud

Blasts the CIA because they claimed the dnc hacks were of Russian origin, questioning the competence of the organization, brags to the Russians about how he has the best intelligence... While divulging state secrets Proud

News sources: "Trump told Russia our secrets."
White House officials: "No he didn't"
Trump: "Yes I did"

Still can't believe he admitted it on f'ing Twitter Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 16, 2017 3:50 pm

Nah their denial was lawyer speak for "Yeah he did". It was something like "the events did not transpire as they were reported".
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 16, 2017 5:37 pm

can't wait
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue May 16, 2017 5:44 pm

Gonna deliver the dementia equivalent of a Roman Reigns promo
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 16, 2017 5:59 pm

"People always ask me about Islam, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Islam. I do very well with Islam. No one loves Islam more than me"
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue May 16, 2017 6:04 pm

What's Paddy Powers odds on WW3
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue May 16, 2017 6:27 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:What's Paddy Powers odds on WW3

They closed betting on yes/no.

Now you can bet on the winner.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed May 17, 2017 12:24 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Spends all campaign complaining about Hillary potentially leaking secrets on her private email server, proceeds to just tell them to the Russian embassador Proud

Might be the 115th time I've said this since 2016 but....you really can't make this shit up. What a time to be alive!
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed May 17, 2017 12:48 am

today's latest story:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/politics/james-comey-trump-flynn-russia-investigation.html?hp

According to Comey's memos, Trump asked Comey to end the investigation of Mike Flynn...

A Republican Senator invited Comey to testify publicly, which was what he was waiting for so maybe it's about to go down?
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed May 17, 2017 1:14 am

I cant say I follow these storys because its all boring shit tbh but what secrets did trump tell to Russia. Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed May 17, 2017 1:35 am

Only problem is I'm scared of a Pence presidency if it became a potential reality...
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed May 17, 2017 1:38 am

CBarca wrote:Only problem is I'm scared of a Pence presidency if it became a potential reality...

That's why I find it hard to be too upbeat about it. Sure Trump gone sounds nice and all but getting *bleep* Pence as a replacement isn't anything to look forward to.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed May 17, 2017 1:40 am

so does anyone know what secrets trump gave to Russia ?
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed May 17, 2017 1:41 am

Unique wrote:I cant say I follow these storys because its all boring shit tbh but what secrets did trump tell to Russia. Very Happy
Apparently it was something about how ISIS planned to use laptop batteries as airplane bombs. Nothing earth shattering, but apparently it has strained the relationship between the intelligence source (a different country) and the US, and it also makes US intelligence allies less likely to share info if they think it will either be divulged by Trump's whims or massively leaked to wikileaks as these things have happened in the past.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed May 17, 2017 1:43 am

Unique you're asking if people KNOW what SECRETS Trump gave Russia

You really think anyone knows if they are secrets in a meeting between two very powerful nations the media wasn't invited to? Where some of the info if not much of it shared is classified?

If you're asking more generally, it had something to do with terrorism intelligence. Otherwise we don't know anything, no.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed May 17, 2017 1:48 am

:bow: BC

Apologies unique I was unnecessarily aggressive with that response. BC's informative and calm response illustrates why he's a mod and I'm a pleb
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next