Robespierre
RealGunner
sportsczy
rincon
S
61 posters

Page 19 of 33 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 33  Next

Go down

The European Super League Megathread - Page 19 Empty Re: The European Super League Megathread

Post by Collblanc Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:18 pm

The owners are fine with some bad PR for ...a year? 2 years? People will watch it anyway, regardless how they feel now. It will generate money. They will force it upon you and you will be the slave to this product who you truly are. There are some execs on boards who dont support it, but all owners back it. This is the way.

Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The European Super League Megathread - Page 19 Empty Re: The European Super League Megathread

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:36 pm

There has to be a limit to everything. Im a bum so I never subscribe to overpriced shit which is pretty much everything nowadays in the world lol.... and I seriously doubt 'everyone' would too, its just gone too far. I really hope enough ppl do what they say and prove it with action to not support the SL. Just dont pay for their shit, dont buy any of their merchandise or whatever money spinning shit they come up with, let them fail Razz Just funny thinking back to the 2008 banks thought they were too big to fail, these clubs are doing something similar, they just keep getting more and more into debt, and more and more greedy.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:38 pm

Come to think of it, JP Morgan probably just said to Perez, its ok if u guys dont end up paying back the money, we always have the Fed to bail all of us out if it all fails Loooool....
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:47 pm

Unbelievable Zidane was essentially the real bald fraud all this time Shocked
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:10 pm

Robespierre wrote:MIA SAN MIA

If you guys think the ESL will be too repetitive, have fun with the Bayern vs PSG final on repeat
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:11 pm

Don Perez really runs this game. @Harmonica you were right.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:17 pm

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:19 pm

S wrote:

Wonder why its Madrid...............
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:26 pm

S wrote:

Chad move, already handcuffing UEFA :bow:
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:27 pm

Don't worry guys, Boris Johnson will save the day.

MPs to call in major stakeholders over European Super League proposals
Following a meeting of the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) committee this morning, it has been announced that MPs will hold an evidence session to examine the impact of the European Super League proposals and what action is needed to protect the future of football in the UK.

Details of the witnesses and dates will be confirmed in due course.

DCMS Committee Chair Julian Knight MP said:

“The DCMS Committee has given its strong support for a hearing on these momentous developments in the football world.

“We are in discussion with key players and will want to hear from major stakeholders as the impact of the new European Super League proposals unfold.

“We will reflect the widely-expressed concerns of supporters which will be at the centre of our investigation. We welcome the Government’s fan-led review announced yesterday, finally given the impetus to go ahead by these seismic events.

“No-one will be off limits in our determination to establish what needs to be done to safeguard the previously held enjoyment the sport gives to people and to protect its legacy for the future.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/56812305

UK gov are threatening legislative action and a massive review into football governance.

Don't think I've seen our gov move so fast tbh Laughing

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:29 pm

So government intervention in football is legal when it benefits UEFA
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:32 pm

adun101 wrote:
Robespierre wrote:MIA SAN MIA

If you guys think the ESL will be too repetitive, have fun with the Bayern vs PSG final on repeat

And enjoy the repetitiveness of losing every game there without consequence

Pirlo  will approve

-25% insulting other users
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:38 pm

Jay29 wrote:Don't worry guys, Boris Johnson will save the day.

MPs to call in major stakeholders over European Super League proposals
Following a meeting of the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) committee this morning, it has been announced that MPs will hold an evidence session to examine the impact of the European Super League proposals and what action is needed to protect the future of football in the UK.

Details of the witnesses and dates will be confirmed in due course.

DCMS Committee Chair Julian Knight MP said:

“The DCMS Committee has given its strong support for a hearing on these momentous developments in the football world.

“We are in discussion with key players and will want to hear from major stakeholders as the impact of the new European Super League proposals unfold.

“We will reflect the widely-expressed concerns of supporters which will be at the centre of our investigation. We welcome the Government’s fan-led review announced yesterday, finally given the impetus to go ahead by these seismic events.

“No-one will be off limits in our determination to establish what needs to be done to safeguard the previously held enjoyment the sport gives to people and to protect its legacy for the future.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/56812305

UK gov are threatening legislative action and a massive review into football governance.

Don't think I've seen our gov move so fast tbh Laughing

This is why I voted for Brexit Proud Proud
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:47 pm

if i were a star player, especially one involved with those clubs, i'd be offended. this is a major decision, with financial implications and physical implications as well....but as i said, when footballers have the mentality of shutting up and dribbling, owners and mgt will do as they see fit. tbh i still i'm not pro or against....the main thing that keeps me open minded towards it as i said from the beginning is fifa and uefa's reaction. when something threatens their pockets they want to act tough. but i wish they kept at least half this same energy on other issues
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:48 pm

Not a fan of the SuperLeague, but also not a big fan of this type of government overreach. hmm

If these 12 private entities want to start their own treehouse club thingy, there shouldn't be new legislation aimed at stopping them. Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:54 pm

adun101 wrote:
Robespierre wrote:This is not a reform for the football.
Reform for the football was in 1999-2000, when UCL format had been changed.
This a reform for improving finances of few big clubs in the world.  evidently they weren't so careful about their finances , for example I suppose Juve wasn't forced to sign Cristiano Ronaldo 3 years ago, and now they need to create an artificial cup to overcome a common difficult situation - that stroke every club in the world. Not just them. At least they received CL revenues.

Bullshit. The reform was in '97, not in '99, and it wasn't for football, it was just to appease the big clubs, just like every subsequent change in format.

Claiming that THIS change ruins the game because it kills the meritocracy is either idiotic, ignorant or hypocritical. Or a combination of them. If you are okay with the second, third or fourth placed teams from the bigger leagues getting in the CL ahead of the number one teams from the lesser leagues, then you have no business complaining now. They didn't get in based on meritocracy, they got in because they were more popular and, on paper, stronger. Guess what? Same shit applies now

adun101 wrote:
Robespierre wrote:This is not a reform for the football.
Reform for the football was in 1999-2000, when UCL format had been changed.
This a reform for improving finances of few big clubs in the world.  evidently they weren't so careful about their finances , for example I suppose Juve wasn't forced to sign Cristiano Ronaldo 3 years ago, and now they need to create an artificial cup to overcome a common difficult situation - that stroke every club in the world. Not just them. At least they received CL revenues.

Bullshit. The reform was in '97, not in '99, and it wasn't for football, it was just to appease the big clubs, just like every subsequent change in format.

Claiming that THIS change ruins the game because it kills the meritocracy is either idiotic, ignorant or hypocritical. Or a combination of them. If you are okay with the second, third or fourth placed teams from the bigger leagues getting in the CL ahead of the number one teams from the lesser leagues, then you have no business complaining now. They didn't get in based on meritocracy, they got in because they were more popular and, on paper, stronger. Guess what? Same shit applies now

No bullshits, you are not informed.
97 takes from 1 to 2 teams but it is not the real radical reform that still persists.

You have 4 clubs in CL, so the enlarged CL now, since 1999-2000 .

You can also control it.
I remember it because it' s the edition where Fiorentina win against Arsenal and Manchester United .

Speech on popularity is just ridicoulous, I don't think it must be commented.

Olympique Marseille is the most supported team of France if you care, but they aren't invited.

Football has many problems of competivness too now , I can't deny it.

Football doesn't work now, it's true . Absolutely.

But you don't resolve things pull out the death bottom on the rest. It's an egoistic thought of who thinks football belongs to just few teams.

In your case, probably, it depends on fact that you don't care about Scudetto , you think just to the European consacration and Champions League means poor figures against Lyon , Porto and Ajax.
At least you are going to be knocked out from Real Madrid.

Last edited by Robespierre on Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:54 pm

Agreed. This not government's business at all
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:18 pm

FIFA has rules about government interference. I think it ultimately depends on what they do, if they recognize the league then its game over. And we all know that FIFA are easily convinced with token amounts of cash.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:28 pm

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:30 pm

Robespierre wrote:

No bullshits, you are not informed.
97 takes from 1 to 2 teams but it is not the real radical reform that still persists.

You have 4 clubs in CL, so the enlarged CL now, since 1999-2000 .

You can also control it.
I remember it because it' s the edition where Fiorentina win against Arsenal and Manchester United .

Speech on popularity is just ridicoulous, I don't think it must be commented.

Olympique Marseille is the most supported team of France if you care, but they aren't invited.

Football has many problems of competivness too now , I can't deny it.

Football doesn't work now, it's true . Absolutely.

But you don't resolve things pull out the death bottom on the rest. It's an egoistic thought of who thinks football belongs to just few teams.

In your case, probably, it depends on fact that you don't care about Scudetto , you think just to the European consacration and Champions League means poor figures against Lyon , Porto and Ajax.
At least you are going to be knocked out from Real Madrid.

No, the real shit was when they went to two, that's when they threw all the meritocracy out the window in favor of money and popularity. And that's when people were outraged. Going to four was just "oh, well, what's two, what's four"

Marseilles were invited, check the leaks from a year or so ago

Selfish or not, it's still better than continuing this farce. Teams that have such a huge disparity in financial power should not be in the same competition. I want the SL because I like competition and it's not a competition if it's not balanced
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:40 pm

This government intervention really doesn't sit well with me

I am actually disappointed that their has been this much outrage in the past 48 hours, talks of bans, fines, restarts, cancellations, legal battles and whatnot, and for the past 20 or so years, racism has been as prevalent if not more so in recent history

The most UEFA could muster is 30 second ads of face close-ups of players saying No to Racism

Fucking hell, part of me wants this whole thing to blow in UEFA's face, fuck this talk of meritocracy
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:46 pm

As far as the government is concerned, there's a decent summary about everything here:

https://www.politico.eu/newsletter/london-playbook/politico-london-playbook-sweet-fa-end-it-like-beckham-goves-new-gig/

Basically, they're going to let UEFA, the FA, etc. have a go at sorting it out first. In the meantime, they'll investigate if the Super League is violating competition laws. After that:

Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden laid out the options being considered to parliament on Monday, including: German-style fan-majority ownership, a windfall tax on the breakaway clubs, fewer work permits to prevent signings of players from abroad, barring foreign players from traveling to England, investigating the plan’s compliance with competition law and withdrawing police support from matches.

Whether they should or shouldn't... ideally, they shouldn't. You want to keep government intervention out of sports. But there's also a lot at stake here, culturally and financially.

Regardless of the outcome, football in the UK is well overdue a review. There's been talk of a new independent regulator presiding over football for months now. This Super League business has accelerated that whole process.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:02 pm

Make no mistake, I still think we'll join this abomination eventually. This is a good initial stance from the Friedkins for now though.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:08 pm

Robespierre wrote:Explain the 50+1 rule

50+1 rule says commercial investors cannot have more than a 49% stake in a club and that fans must always have a majority of voting rights.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:20 pm

McLewis wrote:
Robespierre wrote:Explain the 50+1 rule

50+1 rule says commercial investors cannot have more than a 49% stake in a club and that fans must always have a majority of voting rights.

Not fans but club members
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:22 pm

Isn't there is a simple way around the 50+1 rule as well? I don't remember the details but I'm pretty sure Red Bull pulled something like this with their ownership of Leipzig.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 33 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 33  Next