Robespierre
RealGunner
sportsczy
rincon
S
61 posters

Page 8 of 33 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 33  Next

Go down

The European Super League Megathread - Page 8 Empty Re: The European Super League Megathread

Post by Young Kaz Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:42 am

Firenze wrote:The European Super League Megathread - Page 8 829f4f365de2b0455438bc05891f77df

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

How have spuds actually pulled this off?

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The European Super League Megathread - Page 8 Empty Re: The European Super League Megathread

Post by Firenze Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:45 am

seriously their spot should be going to valencia, sevilla or any one of like 50 other teams

@Robespierre it really is a nightmare man, grown up on the CL, many great memories, nothing else like it in sport for me

I was insanely hyped even in the Europa League to draw AC Milan after all of this time

will definitely get boring a year or two in
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:45 am

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56795811

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson, Uefa and the Premier League condemned the move to launch a European Super League when news of it broke on Sunday.

World governing body Fifa has previously said it would not recognise such a competition and any players involved in it could be denied the chance to play at a World Cup.

Uefa reiterated this warning on Sunday when it said players involved would be banned from all other competitions at domestic, European or world level and could be prevented from representing their national teams.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:46 am

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:47 am

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/news/0268-12121411400e-7897186e699a-1000--statement-by-uefa-the-english-football-association-the-premier-/

UEFA, the English Football Association and the Premier League, the Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) and LaLiga, and the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) and Lega Serie A have learned that a few English, Spanish and Italian clubs may be planning to announce their creation of a closed, so-called Super League.

If this were to happen, we wish to reiterate that we – UEFA, the English FA, RFEF, FIGC, the Premier League, LaLiga, Lega Serie A, but also FIFA and all our member associations – will remain united in our efforts to stop this cynical project, a project that is founded on the self-interest of a few clubs at a time when society needs solidarity more than ever.

We will consider all measures available to us, at all levels, both judicial and sporting in order to prevent this happening. Football is based on open competitions and sporting merit; it cannot be any other way.

As previously announced by FIFA and the six Confederations, the clubs concerned will be banned from playing in any other competition at domestic, European or world level, and their players could be denied the opportunity to represent their national teams.

We thank those clubs in other countries, especially the French and German clubs, who have refused to sign up to this. We call on all lovers of football, supporters and politicians, to join us in fighting against such a project if it were to be announced. This persistent self-interest of a few has been going on for too long. Enough is enough.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:49 am

Sport has been dead for probably over a decade anyway, this is just the final nail in the coffin.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:51 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Sport has been dead for probably over a decade anyway, this is just the final nail in the coffin.

I mean we've heard rumblings of this for like a decade but it has left such a bitter taste in my mouth. We are witnessing history.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:52 am

M99 wrote:

I think it's mainly due to TV rights obligations rather than them having any power to suspend it without a reason.

Clubs will probably not participate themselves in any further games. so PSG will be crowned champions and EL will see Roma and Villarreal making to the final by default
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:53 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Sport has been dead for probably over a decade anyway, this is just the final nail in the coffin.

Honestly it's disgusting.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:55 am

RealGunner wrote:
M99 wrote:The European Super League Megathread - Page 8 173989657_1387258881630290_1417700067650137666_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=22S_pmFfsssAX_GaQYE&_nc_ht=scontent.fdac6-1

lol what a nothing statement.

right? they're all gunna bend over for the money at the end of the day

Robespierre wrote:The European Super League Megathread - Page 8 EzSrYeuVcAcZmhe?format=jpg&name=large

forever the prophet
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:56 am

Casciavit wrote:

I mean we've heard rumblings of this for like a decade but it has left such a bitter taste in my mouth. We are witnessing history.

Yeah i never truly believed it would happen.

I guess the greed won out in the end, the game just hasn't been the same since Money started to be the driving force behind everything.

It's the main reason i stopped giving a shit like 6 years ago, although in truth we've been slowly but surely on this trajectory since the introduction of the Premier League and the Champions League.

It took nearly 30 years but we're finally at that point.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:57 am

Its crazy to think in 31 or so years we'll all be watching the 30th European Super league Final and our kids will be wondering how life was before this tournament which will be, for them, the pinnacle of club football competition.

Football is dynamic. I mean even most of us are older than the current iteration of the premier league.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:59 am

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:00 am

Robespierre wrote:
Moreover I think match as United- Real is special because it's an event.

if it becomes daily, it loses his magic.

exactly....
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:03 am

Robes is exactly right, i stopped caring about the Clasico when Madrid played Barca like 8 times in one season.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:03 am

Kaladin wrote:

pretty much hey lol they were going to win CL anyway/will win it if the competition goes ahead

Young Kaz wrote:
Firenze wrote:The European Super League Megathread - Page 8 829f4f365de2b0455438bc05891f77df

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

How have spuds actually pulled this off?

besides being in a good financial position, i also think it's the London factor
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:08 am

Young Kaz wrote:Its crazy to think in 31 or so years we'll all be watching the 30th European Super league Final and our kids will be wondering how life was before this tournament which will be, for them, the pinnacle of club football competition.

Football is dynamic. I mean even most of us are older than the current iteration of the premier league.

the circle of life, man, and apparently money wins all the time

most of us are complaining now and might say that we are discontinuing our fandom, but we'll be tuned in by this time next year or the year after it because of FOMO and digital screens being our overlords for dopamine
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:10 am

You'll eventually stop caring, i used to think like you once and then i woke up one day and realized i haven't watched properly for half a dozen years.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:11 am

March 2020: Covid
April 2021: the death of football

the roaring 20s eating us alive
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:11 am

sportsczy wrote:

CL winners over the last 10 years: Liverpool, Bayern, Real Madrid, Barca, Chelsea. That's 5 clubs in 10 years.

Your losing your own argument Sports with this statement. All of these clubs will be in the Super Liga!

The plan is this competition replaces the CL and that they still play in National Ligas.

I’m still trying to digest this and haven’t formed an opinion yet. However I did like Euros when it was lower numbers and every game meaningful. I suspect it would be sort of same with the proposed new super liga.

However, this is a power play and who know whether it will happen or if UEFA caves into further revisions to CL that the big clubs accept.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:13 am

UEFA and FIFA are probably just upset they are not getting a piece of the pie.

Money talks
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:21 am

Perucho21 wrote:UEFA and FIFA are probably just upset they are not getting a piece of the pie.

Money talks

You have just hit the nail on it’s head!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:23 am

Myesyats wrote:
Myesyats wrote:Always knew Real madrid would be the main driving force behind ruining the sport.

Yup. Fuck perez

I’m truly ashamed as a Madrid fan. Words cannot express how disgusted I am with that pig
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:27 am

futbol_bill wrote:
Perucho21 wrote:UEFA and FIFA are probably just upset they are not getting a piece of the pie.

Money talks

You have just hit the nail on it’s head!

Yup. And you'd be fooling yourself in thinking that any club would reject the offer to join the ESL either.

ESL, UEFA, FIFA, FA, RFEF etc will all reach a compromise somewhere eventually. It's in everyone's best interest to find a common ground so that there isn't a league ban for clubs while also preserving football's integrity.

let's see what happens
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:32 am

Money talks

100% lmao i cant believe people are actually defending UEFA/FIFA after they have created these conditions to begin with. cant blame the clubs for wanting more. can blame UEFA/FIFA for allowing it in the first place. now people want it to stay the same? why would you? allow oil states to buy clubs? allow companies like RedBull to own dozens of clubs? fuck UEFA/FIFA
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:33 am

Casciavit wrote:

It’s sickening.

To any of you who support this; sports is the one thing that unites us. Politics and money are what divide us. Just think about that for a second.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 33 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 33  Next