McLewis
Motogp69
McAgger
Blue Barrett
urbaNRoots
24 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 3 - Page 32 Empty Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 3

Post by RealGunner Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:49 pm

Freeza wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Yea in an ideal world, George Miller should have directed Justice League. But I think DC thought that after creating two of the big three heroes in his vision, Snyder was better off making a Justice league film.

And despite what I initially said about Affleck being a great batman, in this film he was terrible. I hate this version of batman. Way more than happy for Jake to take on the role. Reeves also will make a 200000x better film.

If anything Warner Bros. are too faithful to their directors imo.

It's incredible how a director has gotten the chance to make 3x 200m$ movies when they all underperformed. Would've never happened to a non-white non-male director.

Good thing there's a year break.

Also Billy Crudup really was great as Henry Allen in the two minutes. Need more of that.

More films without world ending villain would be great imo.

That villain rofl

He isn't even a good villain in the comics lmao.

You know it's so depressing how DC went to make the greatest comicbook film of all time in TDK to these films.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 3 - Page 32 Empty Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 3

Post by Freeza Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:55 pm

They're 1 for 2 outside Snyder's films. Not that bad. Just happy he's not doing anymore.

The fact they let him kill Superman so early is just retarded imo. I think Geoff Johns wanted Zack Snyder gone for a long time. He has been really against all their previous films. He's only really been involved with Wonder Woman so far. He's also very involved with Aquaman I think. It's gonna be fun to see in a year, how it has turned out.

A god damn year though. I'm gonna be so old Sad
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:00 am

How RG explains his experience with the film is why i hate most Superhero films tbh.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:13 am

The Zack Snyder fanatics are probably the worst and weirdest fans online.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:56 pm

Took me 2 theatres (projector broke down in the first one) , but just got back from it. Enjoyed it just fine. A lot of fun and had some predictably funny moments. The best one was 100% Whedon and Gal Gadot pulled it off quite well.

The JL fanboy in me is overall satisfied for now.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:19 pm

McLewis wrote:Took me 2 theatres (projector broke down in the first one) , but just got back from it. Enjoyed it just fine. A lot of fun and had some predictably funny moments. The best one was 100% Whedon and Gal Gadot pulled it off quite well.

The JL fanboy in me is overall satisfied for now.

What was it?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:26 pm

lasso scene maybe
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:33 pm

RealGunner wrote:lasso scene maybe

That was all Momoa though. But it was 100% Whedon
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:34 pm

Mamoa is amazing ffs. Unreal charisma
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:53 pm

It was indeed the lasso scene and yeah Momoa killed it, but that was expected as he's rather funny in just about everything I've seen him in so no real surprise there. I was actually really surprised to see them work in some humor to Wonder Woman. It's not something we've seen much of from Gadot's take on her so I thought she did really well with it.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:58 pm

I read that Gal Gadot was barely present for that scene as it was a new scene and she was pregnant at the time.

This movie is really gonna be a(nother) case study.

Hopefully they fix things now. Zack Snyder's films were the only ones that Geoff Johns and Jon Berg didn't rule. Gonna be fun to see in Aquaman how they've changed things up. I'm very curious to how the water effect changes from film to film.

I liked all the Whedon reshoots, that seemed like his atleast. The Flash eye scene was incredible. I nearly died laughing. And the
Spoiler:
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:06 am

Spoiler:

Also how does Gal Gadot look so tall when she is only 5'8 ffs.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:12 am

Depressing, awful comic book movie. Leaving aside the poor plot, who was that villain anyway ? I didn't find him threatening one beat and until the credits popped up I got the impression that we would see darkseid or sth. Steppenwolf looked like a side villain the entire movie.

Awful approach, can't see the DCCU recovering from this.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:29 am

It wasnt that bad, though i felt that the movie lacked something, dont know what it was

The graphics was one of the worst i’ve seen in any Hollywood movie ever. I’ve seen Playstation ads with better special effects and CGI. It makes me angry thinking about it.

The best part of the movie

Spoiler:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:33 am

Also, don’t know if you guys saw but there were a lot of scenese done with a Henry Cavill double+CGI, it was so jarring. Honestly f*ck Snyder and f*ck WB, this movie couldve been something amazing but they had to rush it.

Man of Steel was amazing, it was a beautiful movie, i have no doubt it was thanks Nolan that it was such.

BvS felt like RG was given a budget direct his favorite fanfic

This felt like an autistic, schizophrenic and a dyslexic all took turns to direct it
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:32 pm

Tessa Thompson is sooo soooo fine.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:40 pm

Kaladin wrote:Also, don’t know if you guys saw but there were a lot of scenese done with a Henry Cavill double+CGI, it was so jarring. Honestly f*ck Snyder and f*ck WB, this movie couldve been something amazing but they had to rush it.

Man of Steel was amazing, it was a beautiful movie, i have no doubt it was thanks Nolan that it was such.

BvS felt like RG was given a budget direct his favorite fanfic

This felt like an autistic, schizophrenic and a dyslexic all took turns to direct it

Still remember the time I called Man of Steel being heavily under Nolan's control and everyone on here got mad at me. It was obvious that Snyder was in chains tbh. Much more controlled movie, something Snyder has only done twice in his career. Man of Steel and Dawn of the Dead.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:55 pm

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 3 - Page 32 DO9EFJoUQAACu-m
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:58 pm

RealGunner wrote:The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 3 - Page 32 DO9EFJoUQAACu-m

I hate this image.

Reshoots will always look worse. It offers absolutely no evidence towards anything. Affleck gaining 20kgs of fat between didn't help and it takes so much time to colourgrade and make the backgrounds presentable. They just ran out of time really.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:03 pm

RealGunner wrote:The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 3 - Page 32 DO9EFJoUQAACu-m

Wow
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:04 pm

Did anyone else think that Aquaman's 'Woo'!' and 'Ya!' while jumping around and shit were absolutely cringe
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:05 pm

Kaladin wrote:Did anyone else think that Aquaman's 'Woo'!' and 'Ya!' while jumping around and shit were absolutely cringe

Snyder has basically no understanding of characters. So it doesn't surprise me. He reminds me so much of George Lucas tbh. Surrounded himself with yesmen.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:08 pm

I have problems with all these characters not playing their characters but the good thing is that the actors are all amazing so whoever directs the next JL film will fix them all.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:16 pm

RealGunner wrote:I have problems with all these characters not playing their characters but the good thing is that the actors are all amazing so whoever directs the next JL film will fix them all.

I thought Cyborg was pretty much on character to be honest. Ray Fisher is also an incredible actor from everything I've read about him. Real force on the stage. Hope he gets to that Muhammad Ali film at some point.

Barry was very much Wally West. Or at least a much younger Barry than I've ever seen. He wasn't even a CSI yet.

Aquaman was just Momoa. And I'm so fine with that.

Affleck looked bored and obviously doesn't really want to be there. Such a shame. He was incredible in BvS.

Gal Gadot is great. Obvious Snyder and Whedon aren't at Patty Jenkins' level with actors though. It's incredible how great Patty is as a director. She should do any JL movie if they decide to do one.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:20 pm

Actually curious who directs man of steel 2 tbh.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:23 pm

RealGunner wrote:Actually curious who directs man of steel 2 tbh.

Matthew Vaughn is the rumoured top choice. Don't know if they'll choose him after Kingsman 2's somewhat faillure.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next