Hapless_Hans
Great Leader Sprucenuce
rincon
juve_gigi
S
83 posters

Page 8 of 36 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22 ... 36  Next

Go down

Official: Pogba returns to Manchester United - Page 8 Empty Re: Official: Pogba returns to Manchester United

Post by Casciavit Sun 7 Aug 2016 - 20:26

I hope Juve fans' sake that they don't replace Pogba with a donkey like Matuidi.

Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Official: Pogba returns to Manchester United - Page 8 Empty Re: Official: Pogba returns to Manchester United

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Sun 7 Aug 2016 - 20:31

sportsczy wrote:-  In terms of brand.... that's a hard one.  Depends where.  Juve is a bigger brand in Latin America and Africa no doubt.  It's a draw in the US.  In Asia, Man U is much bigger.

Nop, at least here in Brazil, United is much bigger, it's not even close. Juventus is not even the biggest Italian brand, Milan has a big fanbase, even Inter is bigger than Juventus around here.
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun 7 Aug 2016 - 20:37

Spent a lot of time in Argentina. So it depends which South American stars played for the club... more Brazilians played for Milan obviously. But in Argentina, Juventus was huge... Trezeguet was of Argentinian origins. Camoranesi played in Argentina. Sivori obviously.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun 7 Aug 2016 - 20:39

Cipul tau si dragostea din tei IMO
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun 7 Aug 2016 - 20:39

Winter is Coming wrote:I think Pogba rethinking this move Laughing

United have no creativity and will rely on him alone for that. Stay at Juve lad.

Or he's relishing it... they'll make him the creative focus from the midfield.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun 7 Aug 2016 - 20:44

Juventus is huge in their country. I think thats enough  tbh.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun 7 Aug 2016 - 20:45

Hapless_Hans wrote:Chipul tau si dragostea din tei IMO

Shocked Almost had a heart attack!

O-Zone were actually from Moldavia, but yep, the same language and huge hype in Romania too. (bleahs, stupid songs)

Anyway, if wondering, Romania has Gheorghe Zamfir, something more classic. smoking

RG, admins and mods, pls forgive me. It's my 10 seconds of glory! :bow:

Last edited by Vlad the Impaler on Sun 7 Aug 2016 - 20:54; edited 1 time in total
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun 7 Aug 2016 - 20:49

I know all about Zamfir, the pan flute master
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun 7 Aug 2016 - 20:54

Hapless_Hans wrote:I know all about Zamfir, the pan flute master

Don't know what to think. hmm You are a snake like Surag. scratch Wikipedia is yet free and I know it.

But, I'll go with you this time. smoking
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun 7 Aug 2016 - 20:55

ex gf for many years was Romanian
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun 7 Aug 2016 - 20:56

Congrats to ManU fans, sorry to Juve fans.

This was a 90% money move, though. You don't go from potential CL finalist team to CL qualifying hopefuls because you "want a new challenge".

If this were true, then Bayern would have been selling top players years ago. If you cannot motivate your players, then there is some other issue you are not seeing. But I am not saying Juve do not motivate Pogba or their players, I'm saying it was totally more a mercenary move than anything else. There's nothing wrong with that either, plus as stated, it's not like ManU are Swansea or something.

Spoiler:
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun 7 Aug 2016 - 20:57

Hapless_Hans wrote:ex gf for many years was Romanian

Mr. Snakeiyagi! :bow:

Please click here for more
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Sun 7 Aug 2016 - 21:00

Congrats to Manchester United and congrats to Firenze for winning the coveted GL belt.

I've been following European football since the 80's. Yes I'm much older than you folks. I was known as "Papa" back in the old forums. This whole one club is bigger than the other nonsense is just that, nonsense. Both clubs have huge history and are bigger clubs than the other in different respects. In Canada there are Juve fans everywhere, but also a lot of ManU fans. We have lots of English pubs out here. I have two good friends, one is a ManU fan, one is a Milanista and I am a Juventino. And we can all sit down and state our case as to who is bigger than the other.

At the end of the day Pogba went to ManU for the money. If you asked 100 people outside of GL 99 of them will tell you this. The ones that think otherwise are either somewhat delusional or have some type of hate going on for Juve. In reality Serie A cannot compete with the EPL money wise. To suggest Juve is not a big club because they can't keep their top players is very narrow minded. The reality is Serie A doesn't have a $5 billion+ tv contract. If we did we could easily afford to keep our biggest stars. The fact that we can challenge the likes of Bayern, Barca and Madrid and actually beat them or be real competitive against them is a true testament to the management of Juventus and Giuseppe Marotta, as he has built a super club on a shoe string budget. If ManU had the same budget as Juve they would be competing for the relegation spots in EPL not the CL spots.

I used to follow Serie A when they were the biggest league in the world with the biggest stars. Platini, Maradona, Van Basten, Maldini, Ronaldo, Zidane, Kaka, etc. I could go on and on. Those were the glory days. We were a much bigger League than the EPL or La Liga. If you look at all the Champions League finals Italy is tied with Spain for most final appearances as of right now with 27, so history tells you Serie A has been a huge league and the best league in the world at some points in its history. But times have changed and today money talks. That's it. It's only because of the money that Serie A is not in the same class anymore. ManU are re-building their team simply by BUYING the players. That's it. I don't see a lot of stars on their team that are from their youth academy or have been with the team for long stretches. Let's see where all this money takes them. It takes more than money to win. Mourinho has to find a "team" and a system that will work for his players. To think he will just walk the league is short sighted. Arsenal, ManCity, Chelsea will give him good competition. Watch out for Antonio Conte. He may surprise you. He turned a 7th place Juve into a powerhouse and an undefeated season in only one year. Don't count out Chelsea. They could surprise and win the League.  

Anyways, good luck to Paul Pogba. The last 4 years have been wonderful to watch. We almost did it 2 years ago and we have a great chance to win the CL this year even without you, so too bad you couldn't stick around to enjoy the ride. Perhaps we will meet again next year in the CL.

Last edited by juve_gigi on Sun 7 Aug 2016 - 21:03; edited 1 time in total
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun 7 Aug 2016 - 21:01

so its only 89mil
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun 7 Aug 2016 - 21:04

89 mil pound sterlings without add ons.... so 105 mil euros.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun 7 Aug 2016 - 21:04

juve_gigi wrote:Congrats to Manchester United and congrats to Firenze for winning the coveted GL belt.

I've been following European football since the 80's. Yes I'm much older than you folks. I was known as "Papa" back in the old forums. This whole one club is bigger than the other nonsense is just that, nonsense. Both clubs have huge history and are bigger clubs than the other in different respects. In Canada there are Juve fans everywhere, but also a lot of ManU fans. We have lots of English pubs out here. I have two good friends, one is a ManU fan, one is a Milanista and I am a Juventino. And we can all sit down and state our case as to who is bigger than the other.

At the end of the day Pogba went to ManU for the money. If you asked 100 people outside of GL 99 of them will tell you this. The ones that think otherwise are either somewhat delusional or have some type of hate going on for Juve. In reality Serie A cannot compete with the EPL money wise. To suggest Juve is not a big club because they can't keep their top players is very narrow minded. The reality is Serie A doesn't have a $5 billion+ tv contract. If we did we could easily afford to keep our biggest stars. The fact that we can challenge the likes of Bayern, Barca and Madrid and actually beat them or be real competitive against them is a true testament to the management of Juventus and Giuseppe Marotta, as he has built a super club on a shoe string budget. If ManU had the same budget as Juve they would be competing for the relegation spots in EPL not the CL spots.

I used to follow Serie A when they were the biggest league in the world with the biggest stars. Platini, Maradona, Van Basten, Maldini, Ronaldo, Zidane, Kaka, etc. I could go on and on. Those were the glory days. We were a much bigger League than the EPL or La Liga. If you look at all the Champions League finals Italy is tied with Spain for most final appearances as of right now with 27, so history tells you Serie A has been a huge league and the best league in the world at some points in its history. But times have changed and today money talks. That's it. It's only because of the money that Serie A is not in the same class anymore. ManU are re-building their team simply by BUYING the players. That's it. I don't see a lot of stars on their team that are from their youth academy or have been with the team for long stretches. Let's see where all this money takes them. It takes more than money to win. Mourinho has to find a "team" and a system that will work for his players. To think he will just walk the league is short sighted. Arsenal, ManCity, Chelsea will give him good competition. Watch out for Antonio Conte. He may surprise you. He turned a 7th place Juve into a powerhouse and an undefeated season in only one year. Don't count out Chelsea. They could surprise and win the League.  

Anyways, good luck to Paul Pogba. The last 4 years have been wonderful to watch. We almost did it 2 years ago and we have a great chance to win the CL this year even without you, so too bad you couldn't stick around to enjoy the ride. Perhaps we will meet again next year in the CL.

My fav GK, nice to see you again. Proud

Well said, man! Thumbs up
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun 7 Aug 2016 - 21:07

Unique wrote:so its only 89mil

Only....
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun 7 Aug 2016 - 21:08

When is Firenze going to put his belt on the line ?

Is there a re-match clause ?

Last edited by S on Sun 7 Aug 2016 - 21:09; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 7 Aug 2016 - 21:08

Fee is reported without all the agent fees and commission lol. Smart tactic by United.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 7 Aug 2016 - 21:09

She changed her nationality after? weird

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun 7 Aug 2016 - 21:10

RealGunner wrote:

She changed her nationality after? weird

Laughing
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun 7 Aug 2016 - 21:11

We receive above €100M. That's for certain.

Most profitable transfer in football history ever.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun 7 Aug 2016 - 21:11

RealGunner wrote:Fee is reported without all the agent fees and commission lol. Smart tactic by United.

The smart thing would have been to not pay so ridiculously much, not spin the PR Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Sun 7 Aug 2016 - 21:11

Vlad the Impaler wrote:
juve_gigi wrote:Congrats to Manchester United and congrats to Firenze for winning the coveted GL belt.

My fav GK, nice to see you again. Proud

Well said, man! Thumbs up

Thanks Vlad!!  Thumbs up
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun 7 Aug 2016 - 21:13

S wrote:

Only....
man that's beer money to a rich prem lge club like man u :coffee:
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun 7 Aug 2016 - 21:15

Unique wrote:
S wrote:

Only....
man that's beer money to a rich prem lge club like man u :coffee:

Another heel turn....

People coming out of the closet I see.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 36 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22 ... 36  Next