Nishankly
Art Morte
iftikhar
Unique
Curtinho
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Georginio 'Gini' Wijnaldum - The Dutch Lion Empty Georginio 'Gini' Wijnaldum - The Dutch Lion

Post by Curtinho Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:34 am

After having been linked with him for what feels like a decade...it takes the saviour Klopp to finally bring him home.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10507871/liverpool-agree-16325m-transfer-fee-for-newcastles-georginio-wijnaldum

Liverpool have agreed a deal in the region of £25m with Newcastle United for midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum, according to Sky sources.

Wijnaldum, who has 30 international caps for the Netherlands, will travel to Anfield on Thursday for a medical which is expected to last two days.

Liverpool have offered Wijnaldum a five-year deal with the 25-year-old making his last appearance for Newcastle in their 2-2 draw with Doncaster Rovers on Wednesday night.

Looking forward to the energy, close control, speed and composure that he'll bring to the midfield/am strata. Have always wanted him here and he's been a very good to great player with every club he's played for (including the NT) and on top of it he's still young with potential that Klopp can groom for Liverpool and the Netherlands.

One of my favourite signings in recent memory, if ever, mostly because I've watched him since he was a teenager and he's always been a favourite of mine.

GET IN GINI

Last edited by Curtinho on Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Georginio 'Gini' Wijnaldum - The Dutch Lion Empty Re: Georginio 'Gini' Wijnaldum - The Dutch Lion

Post by Curtinho Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:44 am

Also of note...the teams he scored and/or assists against last season?

Southampton, Chelsea, Manchester City, Norwich, Bournemouth, Liverpool, Manchester United, West Ham, Sunderland and Tottenham.

Pretty impressive, IMO, he's always stepped up against top competition.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Georginio 'Gini' Wijnaldum - The Dutch Lion Empty Re: Georginio 'Gini' Wijnaldum - The Dutch Lion

Post by Unique Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:55 am

Welcome to Liverpool
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:27 am

Hope you aren't/haven't jinxed it. No one has signed the proverbial dotted-line yet :coffee: .
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:52 am

Another signing from the Mané category.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:02 pm

25m and 75k a week and replacing Allen in the squad. As long as Klopp finds a way to keep them all happy.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:49 am

That touch at 2:30 though...

Putting in some good defensive work, driving the play forward a lot and clinical of course for his goal.

One thing that should stand out that a lot of our players have lacked of late is that he can control the ball in tight spaces and make some really nice one touch passes.

Getting more hyped about this signing. Please just make it official already.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/10509261/why-liverpool-and-georginio-wijnaldum-are-a-good-fit

A frustrated Jurgen Klopp had little appetite to dwell on the details in the immediate aftermath of the defeat, but Wijnaldum's display evidently made a lasting impression. In hindsight, it's obvious why. As well as producing the game's decisive moments, the 25-year-old ran further (11.9km), made more sprints (71) and won possession (12) more times than any of his team-mates.

Industry and cutting edge. These, of course, are the traits Klopp values most highly. Newcastle supporters would argue that Wijnaldum didn't meet those standards often enough, but only three Liverpool players covered more distance per game than Wijnaldum last season, and Klopp has seen first-hand what he can do in a high-intensity, high-pressing system.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:24 am

GET IN cheers

I will be firmly rooting for Liverpool this season. Hope a top 4 finish can be in the cards, though it remains a tough ask.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:31 am

I love you again Hans, a new season with new beginnings.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:42 am

Let's be positive!! You've got a great coach and a good team!! It's sad that Allen is gone but he deserves to play!! Grujic looks a tank!! You can't attract world class players but Kloppo was always going to bank on team work and building up!! Now only Moreno is a problem but then who cares, let's leave it to the professionals!!
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:49 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:GET IN cheers

I will be firmly rooting for Liverpool this season. Hope a top 4 finish can be in the cards, though it remains a tough ask.
you like GW then hans. I thought you would call him a scrub tbh.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:51 am

Yeah I like him why not. Surely he has more quality than Grosskreutz, and I've seen what Klopp has done with players of Grosskreutz quality.

No need to moan and *bleep* about. Time to GET IN.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:54 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Yeah I like him why not. Surely he has more quality than Grosskreutz, and I've seen what Klopp has done with players of Grosskreutz quality.

No need to moan and *bleep* about. Time to GET IN.
Thumbs up Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:43 am

Wijnaldum is said to be proud and excited to join the Liverpool family. #lfc (SkySports)

Wjinaldum will fly out to America to join the pre-season tour this weekend. #lfc (SkySports)

GET IN LAD!

So excited. Already one of my favourite players he can now take top spot by virtue of joining my favourite club. <3
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:59 pm

Georginio 'Gini' Wijnaldum - The Dutch Lion Thumb_24043_default_news_size_5

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/228707-liverpool-complete-georginio-wijnaldum-capture

Liverpool Football Club have today completed the signing of Netherlands international Georginio Wijnaldum from Newcastle United.

The 25-year-old has signed a long-term deal with the Reds to seal a return to the Premier League and will now jet out to join the club's ongoing tour of the United States.

GET IN!
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:14 pm

I prefer him in the dreadlocks as well. Hopefully he grows out his hair.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:40 am

Speaking to the Liverpool Echo on Sunday, Wijnaldum revealed that Klopp’s influence was central to him choosing to join the Reds, turning down Everton in the process.

“He gave me a lot of confidence because he said he liked my way of playing football,” he said of his talks with Klopp.

“He said I was a person he really wanted to have in his squad.

Klopp knows what's up.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:29 am

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/2016-tour/229350-wijnaldum-my-first-lfc-shirt-belonged-to-fernando-torres

Nice interview. Trying not to get too crazy about how excited I am to have him on the team.

Bring Strootman and van de Beek too, and rescue Janssen from Tottenham.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveSlug Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:31 pm

Again this guy feels to me like he should be signed as a squad player, I hope and pray that he proves me wrong over the course of this season and he doesn't just step it up in the big games, as for ever it's the games against the what are called smaller teams that cause us the issues.
LoveSlug
LoveSlug
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:43 pm

I think he'll be massive if we play the 4-3-3 often enough, and in my opinion this team has looked best when playing the 4-3-3.

Coutinho/Markovic - Firmino/Origi - Mané/Sturridge
Wijnaldum/Lallana - Henderson/Grujic
Can/Lucas
Milner/Moreno - Lovren/Sakho - Matip/Klavan - Clyne/Randall
Karius/Mignolet

IMO our best formation this year. Obviously the front 3 can be rotated a lot (and probably will need to be due to injury).
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveSlug Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:46 pm

Sturridge shouldn't be played out wide, he should definitely be played through the middle as that is were he has always produced his best football. I'd rather keep Coutino in the role you have Lallana/Wijnaldum and move Wijnaldum out wide if anything.
LoveSlug
LoveSlug
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:50 pm

Yeah deadly is at his best right up top
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:53 am

Sturridge pretty much goes wherever he wants on the pitch when he's on. You'll see he drifts out wide a lot actually and comes quite deep at times. He could just as easily swap with Origi in that depth chart it was more of a general feel for how I think the team should be.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:51 am

So, what sort of player is Gini??? Watched some NUFC games and looks like he is a wide attacking player (though he tends to drift in/central). But here (GL) he is being touted as a CM.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:34 am

He's a very versatile player. In Holland he's played as an attacking midfielder, winger and he spent his last two seasons at PSV as a central midfielder (though he dealt with injury much of his time there). He definitely likes to have the freedom to move forward and get in on the attacking play so no one would really mistake him for a holding or overly defensive midfielder. His best role in general, IMO, has generally been ACM or more of an attack minded CM in a midfield 3.

As for what kind of player he is...he's got great off the ball movement, a good touch, he can turn and create space with a quick burst as well and has great composure in front of goal. His passing can be a little too safe at times, and he's a decent dribbler. Defensively he doesn't always put in the work but he can run a lot and I think that will develop under Klopp.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next