SF: France Vs Germany

+47
LeVersacci
futbol_bill
Robespierre
Perucho21
Luca
Thimmy
halamadrid2
FennecFox7
Rebaño Sagrado
windkick
Firenze
Jay29
zigra
Moondoggie
Hapless_Hans
Curtinho
Valkyrja
rincon
M99
Zees
Lucifer
Babun
elfmeter
Bellabong
Neutropin
Vlad the Impaler
breva
LeBéninois
McLewis
Sri
Adit
Art Morte
titosantill
S
The Demon of Carthage
Doc
Great Leader Sprucenuce
farfan
McAgger
Based Bonera
rwo power
VivaStPauli
Kaladin
urbaNRoots
Cruijf
sportsczy
RealGunner
51 posters

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

SF: France Vs Germany - Page 3 Empty Re: SF: France Vs Germany

Post by rwo power Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:14 am

Fortunately, Germany have 1 day longer to rest than France, so maybe this evens out the 120 minutes a little.

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Posts : 20978
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

SF: France Vs Germany - Page 3 Empty Re: SF: France Vs Germany

Post by sportsczy Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:43 am

not so much RWO.  France basically played 45 mins against Iceland... really stepped back in the 2nd half.  They also rested Koscielny, Giroud and Payet by subbing them out early in the 2nd half.  Not to mention Kante and Rami were suspended so they got plenty of rest.

Don't think it makes a difference for Thursday's game.  HOWEVER, the fact that the final is on Sunday is a big problem for the team that wins.  That is just beyond stupid form UEFA.  You can't have a game less than 72 hours from the previous one.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 20757
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

SF: France Vs Germany - Page 3 Empty Re: SF: France Vs Germany

Post by Neutropin Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:42 am

Germany to win without France being a major threat
Neutropin
Neutropin
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 160
Join date : 2015-12-15

Back to top Go down

SF: France Vs Germany - Page 3 Empty Re: SF: France Vs Germany

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:51 am

sportsczy wrote:not so much RWO.  France basically played 45 mins against Iceland... really stepped back in the 2nd half.  They also rested Koscielny, Giroud and Payet by subbing them out early in the 2nd half.  Not to mention Kante and Rami were suspended so they got plenty of rest.

Don't think it makes a difference for Thursday's game.  HOWEVER, the fact that the final is on Sunday is a big problem for the team that wins.  That is just beyond stupid form UEFA.  You can't have a game less than 72 hours from the previous one.


Yeah I don't understand the reason behind that. This really will be the prime chance for the winner of Wales/Portugal to lift the most undeserved Euros trophy in history.

Semis on Thursday, and the final on Sunday, what an utter joke.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli
Posts : 8975
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

SF: France Vs Germany - Page 3 Empty Re: SF: France Vs Germany

Post by Bellabong Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:54 am

Nah the 120 mins takes it out of you.

I could play five eighty minute matches in two days; but give me one 120 match and I'll be out of comission, but I'm sure with their good stretching and cooldown routines and masseuses they'd be fully fit after 2 sleeps.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich
Posts : 3474
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

SF: France Vs Germany - Page 3 Empty Re: SF: France Vs Germany

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:57 am

Yeah, am righteously afraid of our players running out of steam by minute 65.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli
Posts : 8975
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

SF: France Vs Germany - Page 3 Empty Re: SF: France Vs Germany

Post by sportsczy Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:03 pm

And that's when we usually hit people with Coman and Kante/Sissoko... and Martial if we're behind.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 20757
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

SF: France Vs Germany - Page 3 Empty Re: SF: France Vs Germany

Post by Sri Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:16 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Sri wrote:
Adit wrote:Giroud is on unreal form at the moment. He gave best individual performance of the Euros against Iceland. Everything he touched turned gold.

Giroud,Payet and Griezman are key to France.


G-rod is really good against smaller teams - no disrespect to Iceland, but they aren't on the same keel as France.

That's false. For NT, he's scored in our big games while Benzema has been inconsistent. Namely, he scored against Spain in WC qualifying, the Swiss in the WC, etc. Friendlies for the past 2 years mean very little and Benzema has blocked him for some time. But you can't just ignore his overall effectiveness regardless... since the injuries and suspension to Benz, Giroud has scored in 9 out of the last 13 NT games he's played with 11 goals total in that span.

I watch a lot of Arsenal. The issues he has there are that 1) the crossing is downright abysmal so his air game isn't as effective and 2) the team overall is very inconsistent in how it plays leading him him being more inconsistent than usual.

He's not world class. But Giroud is damn good. Even in his worst year this season... He still scored 24 goals and dished 6 assists for Arsenal.


Right you are, sports. I was simply extrapolating Arsenal Giroud, a bit lazy of me really.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 13949
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

SF: France Vs Germany - Page 3 Empty Re: SF: France Vs Germany

Post by elfmeter Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:44 pm

If I  am to believe kicker, who sometimes get it right.   They say Mustafi, Boateng and Howedes will play as the centrebacks, Weigl will come in for Khediera and Muller will play up front, with Draxler as the other attacking midfielder.  
France have the same line up as vs Island, except for Rami coming back.
elfmeter
elfmeter
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1401
Join date : 2016-07-05

Back to top Go down

SF: France Vs Germany - Page 3 Empty Re: SF: France Vs Germany

Post by sportsczy Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:53 pm

3 CB setup again???? You have to be joking. Since when did Low become a negative football manager Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 20757
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

SF: France Vs Germany - Page 3 Empty Re: SF: France Vs Germany

Post by Babun Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:31 pm

sportsczy wrote:3 CB setup again???? You have to be joking. Since when did Low become a negative football manager Laughing

When you have crap forwards there is no other choice as to soak pressure and then score somehow. Germany is scoring "somehow" all the tournament because the forwards suck. Dunno why Löw didn't take at least Volland just in case. Özil and Müller can drive a counterattack on their own. Rami and Evra look tasty eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7221
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

SF: France Vs Germany - Page 3 Empty Re: SF: France Vs Germany

Post by sportsczy Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:33 pm

Babs!!! how you been!

Yeah well Mueller has been crap for some reason so I get your point.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 20757
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

SF: France Vs Germany - Page 3 Empty Re: SF: France Vs Germany

Post by Babun Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:42 pm

sportsczy wrote:Babs!!! how you been!

Yeah well Mueller has been crap for some reason so I get your point.

Still alive and kicking, I guess. You?
Müller might score when time is right eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7221
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

SF: France Vs Germany - Page 3 Empty Re: SF: France Vs Germany

Post by sportsczy Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:07 pm

Babun wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Babs!!! how you been!

Yeah well Mueller has been crap for some reason so I get your point.

Still alive and kicking, I guess. You?
Müller might score when time is right eco smile

Good. Travelling around and still alive too.

In a counter attack maybe. He looks more awkward than his usual very awkward self in set attacks. Draxler looks great however.

What do you think of Kimmich? I think he's being overhyped because he's a Bayern kid at this point. Italy really abused him. Thankfully for you, their attack was Eder, Pelle and Giaccherini.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 20757
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

SF: France Vs Germany - Page 3 Empty Re: SF: France Vs Germany

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:19 pm

elfmeter wrote:If I  am to believe kicker, who sometimes get it right.   They say Mustafi, Boateng and Howedes will play as the centrebacks, Weigl will come in for Khediera and Muller will play up front, with Draxler as the other attacking midfielder.  
France have the same line up as vs Island, except for Rami coming back.


That sounds a lot more promising than I feared. Need Müller to step up as the only CF, it's time for him to show up in this tournament.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 17194
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

SF: France Vs Germany - Page 3 Empty Re: SF: France Vs Germany

Post by Babun Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:37 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Babun wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Babs!!! how you been!

Yeah well Mueller has been crap for some reason so I get your point.

Still alive and kicking, I guess. You?
Müller might score when time is right eco smile

Good. Travelling around and still alive too.

In a counter attack maybe. He looks more awkward than his usual very awkward self in set attacks. Draxler looks great however.

What do you think of Kimmich? I think he's being overhyped because he's a Bayern kid at this point. Italy really abused him. Thankfully for you, their attack was Eder, Pelle and Giaccherini.

I'd like to travel, too Very Happy
He is a passing DM. There is no such a thing as a young DM from defensive point of view, they mature by 22-25 like defenders. I wouldn't trust him down there in a 2 man midfield. In a three man midfield he would thrive. Kroos needs a pure DM, not a passing one. Can is the better candidate for that role. I don't rate Can much but he fits the bill in this case. If I were Löw I would play three midfielders with just Özil, Draxler and Müller upfront. In that case, piggy+Kroos+insert anyone would do well.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7221
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

SF: France Vs Germany - Page 3 Empty Re: SF: France Vs Germany

Post by sportsczy Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:32 pm

It's important that Mueller make the runs and movements of a CF. That's what Rami struggles with. If you allow him to just see everything in front of him, he's not a complete disaster... mild disaster though. I still can't believe Varane, Sakho, Zouma, Laporte AND Mathieu are all out. Other than Koscielny, we're left with Rami, Mangala and Umtiti :facepalm: If there was one position I thought we had quasi-endless depth, it was CB. Then we lose 5 of them...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 20757
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

SF: France Vs Germany - Page 3 Empty Re: SF: France Vs Germany

Post by Babun Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:49 am

sportsczy wrote:It's important that Mueller make the runs and movements of a CF.  That's what Rami struggles with.  If you allow him to just see everything in front of him, he's not a complete disaster...  mild disaster though.  I still can't believe Varane, Sakho, Zouma, Laporte AND Mathieu are all out.  Other than Koscielny, we're left with Rami, Mangala and Umtiti :facepalm: If there was one position I thought we had quasi-endless depth, it was CB.  Then we lose 5 of them...

Well, you've got an abundance of strikers and DMs who could cover for them. I'm pissed of about the new system. Hey, let's get more teams in and let the 3rd placed ones to progress but make it impossible on the ones who progress schedule wise. I mean wtf, all the hardest teams are on one side, the weaklings on the other, the time frame between semi final and final is less than 2 days, no game for 3rd place. How can one expect quality games from super tired teams?
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7221
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

SF: France Vs Germany - Page 3 Empty Re: SF: France Vs Germany

Post by sportsczy Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:59 am

They should seed the teams going into the tournaments and have those seeds count in elimination games.  For example:

-  1st, 4th, 5th, 8th, 9th, 12th, 13th and 16th highest seeds who come out of pool on one side.
-  2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 10th, 11th, 14th and 15th highest seeds who come out of pool on the other side.

It just evens out the tournament and you don't have easy roads once you're in the elimination rounds.

It makes too much sense though.  No way UEFA does it.

The Thursday to Sunday turnaround is just plain unbelievable.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 20757
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

SF: France Vs Germany - Page 3 Empty Re: SF: France Vs Germany

Post by Lucifer Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:35 pm

Seeding is actually good idea. But the fact that they didn't do it till now shows they don't want to do it for some reasons.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 8385
Join date : 2015-06-16
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

SF: France Vs Germany - Page 3 Empty Re: SF: France Vs Germany

Post by rwo power Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:47 pm

According what would you seed? FIFA ranking? That is usually a bit off, too. But what else? ELO?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko
Posts : 20978
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

SF: France Vs Germany - Page 3 Empty Re: SF: France Vs Germany

Post by Lucifer Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:01 pm

FIFA ranking sounds  good tbh. I know FIFA rankings have their own drawbacks but any system that doesn't lead to Portugal vs Wales semi is better one imo.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 8385
Join date : 2015-06-16
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

SF: France Vs Germany - Page 3 Empty Re: SF: France Vs Germany

Post by LeBéninois Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:02 pm

Lucifer wrote:FIFA ranking sounds  good tbh. I know FIFA rankings have their own drawbacks but any system that doesn't lead to Portugal vs Wales semi is better one imo.


Yeah imo there is a danger to see teams seeking to play only weaker teams during friendlies just to get points. It's easier to play Togo, China and Scotland for instance than Iceland, France or Argentina. How legit is that ? I must state that I really don't know those friendlies are organized.

Why not a draw just like in CL ?
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 4027
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

SF: France Vs Germany - Page 3 Empty Re: SF: France Vs Germany

Post by sportsczy Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:12 pm

rwo power wrote:According what would you seed? FIFA ranking? That is usually a bit off, too. But what else? ELO?

Like the tennis tournaments do it..  they seed it themselves.  For example, the French Open seeds players on how they rank on clay, not overall.  They don't disclose how they come up with their seeding...  but typically, they look take the ATP rankings and then adjust it for results on clay and player form.  So they force players to pay attention to their ATP rankings obviously, but they're not so rigid as to not understand circumstances and current form. Works great.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 20757
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

SF: France Vs Germany - Page 3 Empty Re: SF: France Vs Germany

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:25 pm

So it appears that Schweinsteiger has trained with the squad today and has been declared fit to play against France.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 17194
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

SF: France Vs Germany - Page 3 Empty Re: SF: France Vs Germany

Post by sportsczy Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:34 pm

That's actually good news for France Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 20757
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

SF: France Vs Germany - Page 3 Empty Re: SF: France Vs Germany

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum