Suarez vs R9

+22
futbol
Donuts
Lex
LeBéninois
Godon
Luca
Bankz
Rebaño Sagrado
M99
Adit
Robespierre
Lucifer
alexjanosik
titosantill
The Demon of Carthage
Based Bonera
Kebab
LeSwagg James
McAgger
RealGunner
Valkyrja
Cruijf
26 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Suarez or R9?

Suarez vs R9 - Page 4 Vote_lcap26%Suarez vs R9 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 8 ]
Suarez vs R9 - Page 4 Vote_lcap74%Suarez vs R9 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 74% 
[ 23 ]
 
Total Votes : 31
 
 

Suarez vs R9 - Page 4 Empty Re: Suarez vs R9

Post by S Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:12 pm

Suarez 'crucial' in Uruguay reaching the semis rofl

Agree. That handball was something really special (:

Basically his arguments are based on belittling Ronaldo's achievements so he could big up Suarez' career achievements.

Oh and the argument about Suarez taking a mediocre Liverpool to 2nd place is lousy and redundant at the same time. Basically Ronaldo is being blamed for playing for stacked teams Laughing Absolutely hate to defend Inter but don't tell me their team was so stacked that it was a huge failure to win anything with them. They were competing against a stacked Roma, Lazio, Juventus at the time. He won a UEFA cup with them. Inter bottled a league title on the last day in 2002 and Serie A back then was by far the strongest league unlike the overhyped Premier league which continues to get worse every year. I also need to mention just how poor the top teams in EPL were that year.

On an NT level, he wipes the floor with Suarez. How is this a debate is beyond me. The stacked team argument is so flawed its incredible. How convenient of you to ignore his hattrick in the world cup final. I dint want to respond in this thread until i read your ridiculous posts.


On topic : I do think its a good comparison. Both are great players. Suarez is an amazing competitor, reason why he's got this far but Ronaldo is simply better. Both in ability and career wise thus far.


S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Posts : 28473
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Suarez vs R9 - Page 4 Empty Re: Suarez vs R9

Post by alexjanosik Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:19 pm

titosantill wrote:nothing was poor and weak about world cup 02. 2010 was poor, 90 was ugly. 02 was good and quite interesting. i don't know who "universally" regarded it as poor. brazil had a great team but we only call it a great team in hindsight. they were not favorites to win, and got lucky to even qualify in the first place (some conspiracy theorists claim fifa helped them qualify...for those who listen to conspiracies). they didn't exactly meet the same opponents in 98, but those were tough games in the knockouts, except maybe germany....who were not great and missed ballack.

that was a very entertaining world cup. "give me a break world cup of scrubs" i still don't get what makes suarez a more intelligent player, these vague points prove nothing. he's better at heading the ball, and probably more acrobatic. technique and those other concepts you brought up? forget it. suarez vs david villa is a more reasonable comparison


China, Costa Rica, Turkey etc. It is a poor WC with poor quality teams.
He is more intelligent. He makes better decisions with the ball ,knows when to run and when to drop deep. His runs are more intelligent. He directs play(directing where and to whom the ball is played). Adjusted to a new team and role within a very very short time. Intelligence goes to Suarez.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 3236
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Suarez vs R9 - Page 4 Empty Re: Suarez vs R9

Post by alexjanosik Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:35 pm

S wrote:Suarez 'crucial' in Uruguay reaching the semis rofl

Agree. That handball was something really special (:

Basically his arguments are  based on belittling Ronaldo's achievements so he could big up Suarez' career achievements.

Oh and the argument about Suarez taking a mediocre Liverpool to 2nd place is lousy and redundant at the same time. Basically Ronaldo is being blamed for playing for stacked teams Laughing Absolutely hate to defend Inter but don't tell me their team was so stacked that it was a huge failure to win anything with them. They were competing against a stacked Roma, Lazio, Juventus at the time. He won a UEFA cup with them. Inter bottled a league title on the last day in 2002 and Serie A back then was by far the strongest league unlike the overhyped Premier league which continues to get worse every year. I also need to mention just how poor the top teams in EPL were that year.

On an NT level, he wipes the floor with Suarez. How is this a debate is beyond me. The stacked team argument is so flawed its incredible. How convenient of you to ignore his hattrick in the world cup final. I dint want to respond in this thread until i read your ridiculous posts.


On topic : I do think its a good comparison. Both are great players. Suarez is an amazing competitor, reason why he's got this far but Ronaldo is simply better. Both in ability and career wise thus far.



Hatrick in WC final. You just proved that you werent even watching football in 2002. R9 was a glorified Inzaghi in 2002 feeding on scrubs throughout the tournament while playing for by far the most stacked NT in that tournament.
In 2010, played well against SA. Had an assist I believe and drew a penalty.Scored against Mexico in the final group game. Win helped them qualify first I believe.
I think he scored Uruguay's 2 goals in the R16. Made the game saving red card offense against Ghana in the quarters.
Ofcourse after that incident and the African backlash, FIFA werent going to give him any credit. Forlan took all the credit when Suarez was just as influential.
Lastly one last stat about Uruguay in major tournaments(CA and WC) with and without Suarez.

10 wins, 3 draws, and one meaningless loss with Suarez. 1 win, 1 draw, and 7 losses without Suarez.

If you cant bring a rational argument, please stay out.
When it comes to performances, it is actually the Uruguayan who wipes the floor with R9.
Like I said, flopped at CL and flopped at league level despite playing for stacked teams throughout his career.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 3236
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Suarez vs R9 - Page 4 Empty Re: Suarez vs R9

Post by rincon Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:56 pm

How is Suarez even close to as smart as Ronaldo in terms of smart runs and positioning when this is almost the only thing that Ronald did later in his career and still killed it.

I've never seen a striker with Ronaldo's intelligence to find space. Fat, post injury, and he still destroyed all thanks to being and moving in the right place everytime. Suarez has 0 chance in that category.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 16301
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Suarez vs R9 - Page 4 Empty Re: Suarez vs R9

Post by S Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:00 pm

You brought up goals against China, Costa Rica , Turkey while.ignoring his goals in the final. Ofcourse you are going to get called out for that.

Suarez wasn't even Uruguay's best player in 2010. If he was, you might have an argument. Besides he wasnt even elite at that age unlike Ronaldo. Uruguay were grinding out important victories in the whole tournament while Forlan's goals were crucial along the way. Ofcourse Forlan would take credit? What do you mean? He was.unquestionably one of the best players of the tournament.

And again your discrediting the quality of the tournament in 2002 while bigging up Suarez' achievements in a WC event(while including a handball lmao) to elevate his achievements. 2010 WC was the worst world cup in terms of quality in recent memory. You'll have many people back me up on this. As opposed to your 2002 World cup of scrubs narrative.

Your whole argument is hyperbole constantly belittling Ronaldo's achievements and you are accusing others of producing irrational arguments. I suggest kindly that you takr your own advice.



Last edited by S on Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 28473
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Suarez vs R9 - Page 4 Empty Re: Suarez vs R9

Post by S Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:07 pm

I watched the final live when i was young. Sorry i got it mixed it up. He scored a brace.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 28473
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Suarez vs R9 - Page 4 Empty Re: Suarez vs R9

Post by titosantill Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:03 pm

i'm not sure if i'll call someone intelligent after he has to commit the same offense 3 times...and "knowing where to run", "directing who to play the ball to" are very vague arguments that can be attributed to a host of strikers. raul was intelligent, van nistelrooy was intelligent, muller's intelligent, how do we say "this guy is more intelligent than that guy". "directing who to play the ball to" - you think r9 never did that, you think he never had a couple of assists or good one-two plays? adjusting to a new team? except for ac milan, where he joined in the middle of the season, ronaldo scored the most goals for every new team he joined since he left cruizero...i think that says a lot about adjustment.

i'm beginning to think this argument is going nowhere and i mean this with no intention of disrespect but i'm guessing you may not have followed the man's career, and the debate has Wikipedia/who scored written all over it. when people start saying "well ronaldo only has 1 league title and no ucl", with the implication that he caused his team to lose, tells me the info is probably culled from wiki. i think ronaldo played almost as much games in tournaments like the uefa cup and cup winners cup than he did champions league. this thing of "he played on all these top teams and flopped in ucl" is a myth. 05 and 06 he messed up in those, especially that arsenal game in 06. 05 cos of that red card against tacchinardi. i still feel tacchinardi sacrificed himself on purpose lol....and that was very uncharacteristic of ronaldo to do that
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4786
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Suarez vs R9 - Page 4 Empty Re: Suarez vs R9

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:14 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
LeBéninois wrote:Why some of you guys despise Ronaldo ? I'm curious.

About who's better everyone is entitled to his opinion. Both are great. What I don't like is that , in order to prove their point some of you go as far as belitlling great achievements . For instance ( alex) :

R9's career is built on stat padding against scrubs like China, Turkey, Belgium, Costa Rica etc in the worst WC of all time, the world cup of scrubs.



That WC is universally regarded as a very poor and weak WC. I may have exaggerated a bit but the point still stands. Arguably the weakest German team of all time reached the final. Overall the teams were just poor or the victim of poor refereeing decisions(Spain and Italy were good teams but were screwed over).
Brazil played a lot of scrubs and that has to be taken into context.


Absolutely agreed. That Spain and Italy team got every decision thrown against them. Not to mention that corrupt run to the semis South Korea had has to be the worst thing I've seen, ever.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7411
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Suarez vs R9 - Page 4 Empty Re: Suarez vs R9

Post by alexjanosik Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:23 pm

titosantill wrote:i'm not sure if i'll call someone intelligent after he has to commit the same offense 3 times...and "knowing where to run", "directing who to play the ball to" are very vague arguments that can be attributed to a host of strikers. raul was intelligent, van nistelrooy was intelligent, muller's intelligent, how do we say "this guy is more intelligent than that guy". "directing who to play the ball to" - you think r9 never did that, you think he never had a couple of assists or good one-two plays? adjusting to a new team? except for ac milan, where he joined in the middle of the season, ronaldo scored the most goals for every new team he joined since he left cruizero...i think that says a lot about adjustment.

i'm beginning to think this argument is going nowhere and i mean this with no intention of disrespect but i'm guessing you may not have followed the man's career, and the debate has Wikipedia/who scored written all over it. when people start saying "well ronaldo only has 1 league title and no ucl", with the implication that he caused his team to lose, tells me the info is probably culled from wiki. i think ronaldo played almost as much games in tournaments like the uefa cup and cup winners cup than he did champions league. this thing of "he played on all these top teams and flopped in ucl" is a myth. 05 and 06 he messed up in those, especially that arsenal game in 06. 05 cos of that red card against tacchinardi. i still feel tacchinardi sacrificed himself on purpose lol....and that was very uncharacteristic of ronaldo to do that


I am a student of the game. I watched R9 at Barca( at the time and recently when I had a thing for watching old Barca matches), watched him at Inter(albeit less) and then at Real. My knowledge isnt from wikipedia. I have provided solid arguments and you accuse me of using wiki.
The Real brigade and the Serie A brigade are so brainwashed that they are arguiing against a fairly obvious point. Suarez is the better tactical player. Makes better runs, better plays and can be more relied to make the best play at any given instant.
The revisionism is hilarious. Claiming 2002 WC was good to big up R9. It was the WC of scrubs.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 3236
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Suarez vs R9 - Page 4 Empty Re: Suarez vs R9

Post by alexjanosik Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:28 pm

S wrote:You brought up goals against China, Costa Rica , Turkey while.ignoring his goals in the final. Ofcourse you are going to get called out for that.

Suarez wasn't even Uruguay's best player in 2010. If he was, you might have an argument. Besides he wasnt even elite at that age unlike Ronaldo. Uruguay were grinding out important victories in the whole tournament while Forlan's goals were crucial along the way. Ofcourse Forlan would take credit? What do you mean? He was.unquestionably one of the best players of the tournament.

And again your discrediting the quality of the tournament in 2002 while bigging up Suarez' achievements in a WC event(while including a handball lmao) to elevate his achievements. 2010 WC was the worst world cup in terms of quality in recent memory. You'll have many people back me up on this. As opposed to your 2002 World cup of scrubs narrative.

Your whole argument is hyperbole constantly belittling Ronaldo's achievements and you are accusing others of producing irrational arguments. I suggest kindly that you takr your own advice.



Wrong again. It was Suarez who came up with the clutch plays and the clutch goals. Crucial in the final group game(or the second last not sure). Scored both goals in the R16.
The handball incident killed him. He was just as good as Forlan and more clutch. After an entire continent started hating him, FIFA had no choice. Ofcourse Suarez was removed from the script.

Regarding R9 scoring twice in the final. If you claim that you watched the final, then you might remember that he was basically Inzaghi with NIKE marketing hype. Guy got served 4 chances on a plate. Missed a couple of sitters. Kahn spilled a shot, R9 scored a tapin.
Rivaldo was the MVP of the tournament bu ofcourse R9 took all the credit.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 3236
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Suarez vs R9 - Page 4 Empty Re: Suarez vs R9

Post by titosantill Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:43 pm

what's hilarious is the vagueness- "better runs", "better plays". and claiming 02 was a world cup of scrubs and 10 was this theatrical art form to big up suarez. you should have brought up world cup 14 as a class showing. btw nobody said 02 was the greatest tournament they have ever seen. but you used the phrase "universally regarded as a very poor and weak WC", and we're all thinking, universally regarded by who? alexjanosik? i'm not talking about the teams brazil met, but a lot of fans here, would love if they're present teams had most of those players that featured then

"better runs", "better plays", "can be relied to make the best decisions" are extremely vague. what makes you think r9 couldn't do the same, he had some good assists too, i'd say his thought to go round the keeper rather than take snap shots in some instances is an example of him making good decisions...and as far as suarez being able to adjust, that man was injured for a season and a half to 2 seasons, and you want to bring up being able to adjust. two years out with knee injuries....quit it. there are more reasonable, comparisons to make between players that are still playing
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4786
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Suarez vs R9 - Page 4 Empty Re: Suarez vs R9

Post by Doc Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:10 am

Inzaghi with Nike marketing hype, sigh. And this is suppose to be a serious thread?!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 15828
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Suarez vs R9 - Page 4 Empty Re: Suarez vs R9

Post by Godon Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:20 pm

By this alex guys logic, messi is probably a scrub and a super hyped machine, afterall, he's played in the best team of all time, all his life, with probably the most sophisticated team play to booth.

Along with playing in the most star studded argentine NT line up of all time along the way..

if that doesn't apply to messi, then don't apply it to Ronaldo. Playing in star studded teams all your life is only a testament to ones greatness, not the other way round my friend. Hence the reason why your beloved suarez has finally managed to play for one.

Or do we disprove Suarez's season because he played for barca along side 2 balon d'or nominees as strike partners, in Messi and Neymar now?


Do you even know that we can even make a case why lampard is better than maradona with solid hard facts and still win?
But facts do not mean the truth.. The reason why we can't really argue with you is because the truth is often harder to prove than facts..

Aren't you even finding it funny that about 95% of people are seriously struggling to even start a conversation on this topic?
Along with those that even actually dislike ronaldo. Doesn't this even tell you something?

Like I said where do we even start from..?

Anyway, let me leave this here,.. Ronaldo at 21 was already a legitimate Goat.. At 21, let that sink in..

Godon
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 5
Join date : 2016-06-26

Back to top Go down

Suarez vs R9 - Page 4 Empty Re: Suarez vs R9

Post by Godon Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:39 pm

Btw, you're trying too hard. We know, you love suarez, but you need to cut down on whatever it is you're taking.. Because its started causing you to imagine things.. Take it easy.

Godon
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 5
Join date : 2016-06-26

Back to top Go down

Suarez vs R9 - Page 4 Empty Re: Suarez vs R9

Post by Valkyrja Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:47 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
S wrote:You brought up goals against China, Costa Rica , Turkey while.ignoring his goals in the final. Ofcourse you are going to get called out for that.

Suarez wasn't even Uruguay's best player in 2010. If he was,  you might have an argument. Besides he wasnt even elite at that age unlike Ronaldo. Uruguay were grinding out important victories in the whole tournament while Forlan's goals were crucial along the way. Ofcourse Forlan would take credit?  What do you mean?  He was.unquestionably one of the best players of the tournament.

And again your  discrediting the quality of the tournament in 2002 while bigging up Suarez' achievements in a WC event(while including a handball lmao) to elevate his achievements. 2010 WC was the worst world cup in terms of quality in recent memory. You'll have many people back me up on this. As opposed to your 2002 World cup of scrubs narrative.

Your whole argument is hyperbole constantly belittling Ronaldo's achievements and you are accusing others of producing irrational arguments. I suggest kindly that you takr your own advice.



Wrong again. It was Suarez who came up with the clutch plays and the clutch goals. Crucial in the final group game(or the second last not sure). Scored both goals in the R16.
The handball incident killed him. He was just as good as Forlan and more clutch. After an entire continent started hating him, FIFA had no choice. Ofcourse Suarez was removed from the script.

Regarding R9 scoring twice in the final. If you claim that you watched the final, then you might remember that he was basically Inzaghi with NIKE marketing hype. Guy got served 4 chances on a plate. Missed a couple of sitters. Kahn spilled a shot, R9 scored a tapin.
Rivaldo was the MVP of the tournament bu ofcourse R9 took all the credit.


Let's forget that Brazil struggled to qualify for WC02 without R9 and ended up winners with him scoring 8 goals Laughing


I forgot to mention this at the start of the thread, how the hell does Suarez face better defensive teams taking into consideration the fact that Ronaldo dominated Serie A when it was at its peak ? Doesn't get more defensive than that tbh
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11266
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Suarez vs R9 - Page 4 Empty Re: Suarez vs R9

Post by alexjanosik Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:03 pm

titosantill wrote:what's hilarious is the vagueness- "better runs", "better plays". and claiming 02 was a world cup of scrubs and 10 was this theatrical art form to big up suarez. you should have brought up world cup 14 as a class showing. btw nobody said 02 was the greatest tournament they have ever seen. but you used the phrase "universally regarded as a very poor and weak WC", and we're all thinking, universally regarded by who? alexjanosik? i'm not talking about the teams brazil met, but a lot of fans here, would love if they're present teams had most of those players that featured then

"better runs", "better plays", "can be relied to make the best decisions" are extremely vague. what makes you think r9 couldn't do the same, he had some good assists too, i'd say his thought to go round the keeper rather than take snap shots in some instances is an example of him making good decisions...and as far as suarez being able to adjust, that man was injured for a season and a half to 2 seasons, and you want to bring up being able to adjust. two years out with knee injuries....quit it. there are more reasonable, comparisons to make between players that are still playing

I have already provided solid arguments. Nothing vague.
What have you provided? Just blindly repeating that he is wont fly.
You8 want to go into specific plays. Fine, lets do it. Next time Barcelona, watch the following plays I am describing instead of gawking at the screen.
Watch when Messi gets the ball on the right wing. Depending on where Messi gets the ball, he will be in one of two positions. Closer to the RCB or to the LCB. Now he makes 3 runs depending on which play Messi wants to execute. And please note that none are for his benefit. It is just to open up space for the team.
If Messi is winding up to release that diagonal pass over the RCB for Neymar or Alba, he will make a sacrificing horizontal run across pulling the RCB along with him(opening up space for the pass and the run).
If he sees that Messi is going for the dribble instead of the pass, he will make a horizontal and vertical movement, a kind of diagonal movement, drawing the attention of the LCB and the LB, opening up space for Messi on the dribble.
He will also come towards Messi to provide an outlet for a one -two play if sees that neither the diagonal pass or the dribble is on for Messi. He is exceptional at the one -two play and releases Messi into space nearly every single time.
Now coming to the other side. Neymar doesnt go for the diagonal pass. He looks to play off of Suarez and Suarez does that brilliantly. He acts as a pivot for Neymar to play the ball into and gives it back with unnerring accuracy. His one - two play is again sublime. Once he plays the one two , he will move wide to create space for Neymar on the dribble.
It takes an immense amount of tactical intelligence to do this with unnering accuracy and great success. Whats more impressive is that both Neymar and Messi are different and prefer different plays(as mentioned above). Suarez understands this and executes the plays, movements to bring out the best in both of them.
R9 is not as tactically intelligent and his movement was nowhere near as good.
Now time for you to play up. Please provide concrete reasons as to why R9 is better. Hot air wont fly with me.

I mean, Suarez has outperformed Messi and been the best player in the world over a 3 year period. Messi is widely regarded as being better than R9 and Suarez has no problem outperforming him.
And yet I am supposed to believe that a NIKE marketing con job is leagues better than Suarez.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 3236
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Suarez vs R9 - Page 4 Empty Re: Suarez vs R9

Post by alexjanosik Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:18 pm

Regarding adjustability. If R9 was as adjustable as Suarez, why didnt the whole Galactico team work? The current Barca team has just as much superstar power. And yet one team conquered all while the other went bust.
Whether you want to admit it or not, questions have to be raised about the adjustability of the Galactico including your beloved R9.
Now you might say outside forces, Perez, Makelele leaving etc etc were the reason and that it was because of R9's extraordinary ability to adjust, that Madrid did even reasonably well. Were it not for R9's extraordinary adjusting abilities, Madrid would have been relegated. Your fellow Madrid fan, adit has already conceded the point. Suarez is more adjustable. Just accept it.

Couple of facts. At the end of the 13-14, the Barca cycle had been widely thought to have come to an end. The Pep years had lasted long and run its course. After a poor season, Barcelona were expected to revert to the mean. Let me also remind you that there were a ton of off field issues. The FIFA ban, the Neymar scandal, Rosell resigning, Messi tax issues etc etc. Point being we were a mess organizationally. One player comes in and changes all that.
The Barcelona era which was supposed to come to an end gets a breath of fresh air and we dominate all of Europe. Followed by a domestic double. Another era begins.
It is not a coincidence. Ofcourse there were other factors but the major driver has been Suarez.


Last edited by alexjanosik on Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 3236
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Suarez vs R9 - Page 4 Empty Re: Suarez vs R9

Post by alexjanosik Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:25 pm

Regarding a lot of teams wishing their teams had players from the 2002 WC.
Yeah, I am sure hans must be crying himself to sleep wishing Germany had all those great players from 2002. NVM that the current Germany have WC players in every position and barring Ballack, not a single German from that team would get into this team.
I am sure Belgium must be wishing they had the 2002 team instead of their Golden generation from now.
I am sure Spain must be wishing they had the bunch of chokers from 2002 instead of their Golden generation.
I could go on and on.

Freaking South Korea and Turkey made the semis along with the worst German side in history. And you want to tell me that the 2002 WC was good. I saw the whole event. It was a poor quality WC with scrub teams. Please stop with the revisionist nonsense.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 3236
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Suarez vs R9 - Page 4 Empty Re: Suarez vs R9

Post by alexjanosik Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:35 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:
S wrote:You brought up goals against China, Costa Rica , Turkey while.ignoring his goals in the final. Ofcourse you are going to get called out for that.

Suarez wasn't even Uruguay's best player in 2010. If he was,  you might have an argument. Besides he wasnt even elite at that age unlike Ronaldo. Uruguay were grinding out important victories in the whole tournament while Forlan's goals were crucial along the way. Ofcourse Forlan would take credit?  What do you mean?  He was.unquestionably one of the best players of the tournament.

And again your  discrediting the quality of the tournament in 2002 while bigging up Suarez' achievements in a WC event(while including a handball lmao) to elevate his achievements. 2010 WC was the worst world cup in terms of quality in recent memory. You'll have many people back me up on this. As opposed to your 2002 World cup of scrubs narrative.

Your whole argument is hyperbole constantly belittling Ronaldo's achievements and you are accusing others of producing irrational arguments. I suggest kindly that you takr your own advice.



Wrong again. It was Suarez who came up with the clutch plays and the clutch goals. Crucial in the final group game(or the second last not sure). Scored both goals in the R16.
The handball incident killed him. He was just as good as Forlan and more clutch. After an entire continent started hating him, FIFA had no choice. Ofcourse Suarez was removed from the script.

Regarding R9 scoring twice in the final. If you claim that you watched the final, then you might remember that he was basically Inzaghi with NIKE marketing hype. Guy got served 4 chances on a plate. Missed a couple of sitters. Kahn spilled a shot, R9 scored a tapin.
Rivaldo was the MVP of the tournament bu ofcourse R9 took all the credit.


Let's forget that Brazil struggled to qualify for WC02 without R9 and ended up winners with him scoring 8 goals Laughing


I forgot to mention this at the start of the thread, how the hell does Suarez face better defensive teams taking into consideration the fact that Ronaldo dominated Serie A when it was at its peak ? Doesn't get more defensive than that tbh


I could bring up GPG to show that goals scored are not that different. But I dont need it. I once more mention Atletico Madrid. Atletico Madrid are a better defensive unit than anything R9 went up against. They went up against 3 super teams(Barca, Bayern and Madrid with super attacks) back to back last season and more than held their own( as they have been doing for the past 3 seasons).
They have managed to shut out super teams with super attacks consistently. Suarez has proven himself repeatedly against one of the GOAT defensive units. So there goes the whole back in the mighty old days when garbage smelled like perfume, R9 faced random Italian scrub defender argument.
Ofcourse tito has gone silent once I mentioned Atletico Madrid.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 3236
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Suarez vs R9 - Page 4 Empty Re: Suarez vs R9

Post by rincon Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:36 pm

I've seen the light, Alex is right. Suarez is more adaptable and thus better than Ronaldo. Padoin and Altintop are the true GOATS with their unlimited adaptability, 1-club Messi is a disgrace.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 16301
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Suarez vs R9 - Page 4 Empty Re: Suarez vs R9

Post by titosantill Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:27 pm

i'm not sure i get the atletico reference....oh you think i'll acknowledge them as the greatest defense of all time cos of our battles with them? lol good one.....i kind of feel bad for myself that i engaged in this "debate". not as bad as when i engaged in 'pedro vs stoichkov' not so long ago....can't wait to see what other debate this right back section throws at us. peace.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4786
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Suarez vs R9 - Page 4 Empty Re: Suarez vs R9

Post by futbol Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:30 pm

When people talk about R9 they somehow seem to have the 18 year old pre-injury GOAT contender wonderkid in mind. But from 2001 onwards, after losing his acceleration, he wasn't anything special anymore, "just" another world class striker in the same bracket as Eto'o at best, nothing more. Which says a lot about his potential but "coulda woulda" doesn't count. Suarez is superior to post-injury Ronaldo. Anyone who doubts this should have his head checked. Just look at the Ballon d'Or ratings. 2003 not in the top 10. 2004 not even in the top 25. 2005 again not in the top 25. 2006 arriving fat to the World Cup. The whole hype is based on 1 season at Barca, 1 1/2 seasons in Serie A and World Cup 2002 (which indeed was a very low quality tournament).

For me, R9 and Zidane are the most glorified superstars of all time, mainly because they were the very first superstars in a new commercialized football era. The whole "Galactico" thingy and all by Perez also played its part. Romario for example was better than Ronaldo and I believe in Brazil he's also considered as the superior striker to R9 unanimously. Romario had one of the most dominant World Cups of all time, probably the only "single-handedly" leading to a title besides Maradona. Yet most Europeans would probably choose R9, based on hype.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle
Posts : 11243
Join date : 2012-11-23

Back to top Go down

Suarez vs R9 - Page 4 Empty Re: Suarez vs R9

Post by futbol Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:35 pm

Godon wrote:By this alex guys logic, messi is probably a scrub and a super hyped machine, afterall, he's played in the best team of all time, all his life, with probably the most sophisticated team play to booth.

Along with playing in the most star studded argentine NT line up of all time along the way..

if that doesn't apply to messi, then don't apply it to Ronaldo. Playing in star studded teams all your life is only a testament to ones greatness, not the other way round my friend. Hence the reason why your beloved suarez has finally managed to play for one.

Or do we disprove Suarez's season because he played for barca along side 2 balon d'or nominees as strike partners, in Messi and Neymar now?


Do you even know that we can even make a case why lampard is better than maradona with solid hard facts and still win?
But facts do not mean the truth.. The reason why we can't really argue with you is because the truth is often harder to prove than facts..

Aren't you even finding it funny that about 95% of people are seriously struggling to even start a conversation on this topic?
Along with those that even actually dislike ronaldo. Doesn't this even tell you something?

Like I said where do we even start from..?

Anyway, let me leave this here,.. Ronaldo at 21 was already a legitimate Goat.. At 21, let that sink in..



lmaooooooo DEAD Bankz creating double accounts with the most obvious writing style on the forum. rofl rofl rofl

Still not getting over the fact that Neymarketing has been forgotten about in Suarez' shadow. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle
Posts : 11243
Join date : 2012-11-23

Back to top Go down

Suarez vs R9 - Page 4 Empty Re: Suarez vs R9

Post by rincon Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:58 pm

futbol wrote:When people talk about R9 they somehow seem to have the 18 year old pre-injury GOAT contender wonderkid in mind. But from 2001 onwards, after losing his acceleration, he wasn't anything special anymore, "just" another world class striker in the same bracket as Eto'o at best, nothing more. Which says a lot about his potential but "coulda woulda" doesn't count. Suarez is superior to post-injury Ronaldo. Anyone who doubts this should have his head checked. Just look at the Ballon d'Or ratings. 2003 not in the top 10. 2004 not even in the top 25. 2005 again not in the top 25. 2006 arriving fat to the World Cup. The whole hype is based on 1 season at Barca, 1 1/2 seasons in Serie A and World Cup 2002 (which indeed was a very low quality tournament).

For me, R9 and Zidane are the most glorified superstars of all time, mainly because they were the very first superstars in a new commercialized football era. The whole "Galactico" thingy and all by Perez also played its part. Romario for example was better than Ronaldo and I believe in Brazil he's also considered as the superior striker to R9 unanimously. Romario had one of the most dominant World Cups of all time, probably the only "single-handedly" leading to a title besides Maradona. Yet most Europeans would probably choose R9, based on hype.


What "coulda woulda"? so because he was young his achievements don't count?
By 2002 he had 2 FIFA WPOTY, won 2 Copa America, 2 Ballon D'Ors, was a world cup champion and a world cup runner up as the best player and top scorer respectively.

GTFO with "could've would've". He did it, he won so much at that point. That Ronaldo >>> any version of Suarez.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 16301
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Suarez vs R9 - Page 4 Empty Re: Suarez vs R9

Post by rincon Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:01 pm

What is Suarez' prime? now? then take the last 6 years of Suarez and compare them to Ronaldo of 1996-2002, no chance. And fat Ronaldo went on to keep beasting in a different way.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 16301
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Suarez vs R9 - Page 4 Empty Re: Suarez vs R9

Post by Doc Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:26 pm

Low quality tournament according to who?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 15828
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Suarez vs R9 - Page 4 Empty Re: Suarez vs R9

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum