M99
Firenze
dostoevsky
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Kaladin
15 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Fresh Air - Page 9 Empty Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Fresh Air

Post by danyjr Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:05 pm

Zelda: BotW was a masterpiece for me, and one of the greatest of games I've had the chance to play. I'm not sure what to think about a sequel.

Is this going to be more of the same? Because as much as I loved BotW, by the time I achieved 100% I was exhausted of it. Judging by the trailer, it looks to me that the graphics won't get an update and the game is still going to be in Hyrule with all the previous zones. Does that mean a Ubisoft style rehash of BotW? I hope not.

danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Fresh Air - Page 9 Empty Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Fresh Air

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:09 pm

A sequel is interesting tbh, when has that ever happened before with Zelda?

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:28 pm

I don't know, BotW was the first Zelda game I played.

From one standpoint, I don't want them to change any of the mechanics and abilities, because why change something that's working almost perfectly already? But from another perspective, you want the game to feel fresh and not like an expansion with more of the same. You want newer ways to play and newer ways to approach the game because you've already clocked 180+ hours on the original game.

Also, is there a new Nintendo console coming? Or at least an improved Switch on drugs with better graphics etc? Cause I rather look at something prettier than I played 3 years before.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:36 pm

It's Nintendo they don't tend to release sequels which are solely done for money.

They'll be something that makes it different from BOTW, they haven't announced anything related to new consoles.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:38 pm

You're right that they don't do rehash style cash grabs. I guess there's not much point in speculating until they show more of the game.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:45 pm

Hyrule being lifted to the sky and the corpse of demise, timeline theorists are legit fucking scrambling to figure this out. I'm guessing this takes place before SS.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:13 am

I've been reading some of the commentary/speculation:

• The corpse is Ganon's (or Ganondorf's to be exact): the red hair and head piece, the Malice converging on it, and, possibly, the mural Link and Zelda pass by at the beginning of the trailer.
  • From the underground scenes, the sequel could take place underground (a giant open subterranean labyrinth beneath Hyrule) or have an entrance to another realm. This means we don't have the issue of exploring the same overworld twice, it continues the series tradition of dual realities/worlds in a more organic manner and it still retains the essence of open world, except it's an under-open world with a different ecology, new monsters and ancient long forgotten ruins and dungeons to explore.
  • There is a possibility that you might be able to play as Zelda for the first time in the series, or a co-op of both Zelda and Link.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:35 am

The director said it will be a lot darker, which the trailer seems to support.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:16 pm

I'm really considering buying a switch now, tired of missing out on some solid games. Are they planning a hardware upgrades anytime soon? Or I'm safe to buy one this holiday season?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:32 pm

There was a reported leak that a new Switch with less features might release this year or 2020, at a more affordable price, if that interests you
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:35 pm

Reported being a key word, Nintendo haven't said anything.

I wouldn't make a decision based on leaks, plus there's not many good Switch only games anyway.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:39 pm

I mean, if he wants a Switch mini or whatever they're calling it, there's a strong chance of them doing it, they've done it for every handheld.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:40 pm

Kaladin wrote:I mean, if he wants a Switch mini or whatever they're calling it, there's a strong chance of them doing it, they've done it for every handheld.

He asked about a better version lol, the Switch Mini would likely be just a smaller version of what we have so not really relevant.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:13 pm

Why not pick up a second hand one instead, already coming with a bundle of games? I picked up my Switch (mint condition) with Zelda, Super Mario Odyssey and an extra controller for a mere €290 and that was about a year ago. Would have cost me €450 had I bought new and offering no advantages.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:10 am

yeah im definitely thinking about getting a second hand console, looking for the right opportunity
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:52 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:A sequel is interesting tbh, when has that ever happened before with Zelda?

Majora's Mask was a direct sequel to Ocarina of Time
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:35 pm

I haven't played it since it came out so i forgot Laughing

For some reason i thought they were unrelated.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:52 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I haven't played it since it came out so i forgot Laughing

For some reason i thought they were unrelated.

A surprising number of us fans forget about that fact. You should play it over though, still a very solid game, the both of them.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:42 pm

Majora's Mask is a direct sequel to Ocarina of Time, but the story is unrelated at all. No one playing either game would miss anything from not playing the other.

This may or may not be the same situation (I bet it is).
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:19 pm

Spanish voice actors say their work on the Zelda sequel is completed. Localisation work being completed usually means the game is in its final stages of development.

https://www.ign.com/articles/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-2-voice-actors-development
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:29 pm

fake news
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:42 pm

danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:43 pm

Never a fan of Hyrule Warriors games but I might pick this one up.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:53 pm

Release date confirmed: May 12, 2023.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9