Are Bundesliga,Ligue 1 and serie A in danger of becoming eternal one horse races ?

+21
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Doc
urbaNRoots
rwo power
Robespierre
TrezeGent
BarrileteCosmico
farfan
McLewis
Lord Spencer
sportsczy
Kick
Lord Awesome
Hapless_Hans
CM Pep
Lucifer
Glory
Art Morte
rincon
Kaladin
Adit
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Are Bundesliga,Ligue 1 and serie A in danger of becoming eternal one horse races ? Empty Are Bundesliga,Ligue 1 and serie A in danger of becoming eternal one horse races ?

Post by Adit Thu May 12, 2016 4:52 pm

Imo their international TV rights revenue is in clear danger with the way these leagues are going right now. To be fair it's proven that more competitors means more exciting league and in turn more viewers all around. It is no wonder Bpl and La Liga have two of the best overseas rights, it is directly related to the title race excitement they provides irrelevant of the quality of the league.

So will this change? One horse leagues will die a slow death imo. Agnelli and Bayern management were talking about the possibility of European super league because they know in the long run their leagues will not survive.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Are Bundesliga,Ligue 1 and serie A in danger of becoming eternal one horse races ? Empty Re: Are Bundesliga,Ligue 1 and serie A in danger of becoming eternal one horse races ?

Post by Kaladin Thu May 12, 2016 4:56 pm

http://www.goallegacy.net/t38961-i-see-the-title-dangerously-prepared-for-x-y-z-etc
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Are Bundesliga,Ligue 1 and serie A in danger of becoming eternal one horse races ? Empty Re: Are Bundesliga,Ligue 1 and serie A in danger of becoming eternal one horse races ?

Post by rincon Thu May 12, 2016 5:01 pm

I am not sure, specially with all the money being injected in football.

We are eventually bound to get it wrong. Not every transfer can be a success, Juve's streak is bound to end in that sense. For one reason or another we ended up with Evra, Khedira, Barzagli, Llorente, Pirlo, Marchisio and Pogba for free. Vidal and Tevez at discount prices (30 mill total I think).

Not too long ago we spent tons of money on scrubs and were out of Europe for a while. We've changed directors (all hail Marotta :bow: ) but you run out of luck at some point. De Laurentis (Napoli) has the right ideas, all signs point to Sabatini leaving Roma this month so who knows how they'll be looking, Inter and Milan will bounce back at some point (probably when Milan gets sold).

It could be that Juve go PSG style, but I'm not sold yet. CL money is huge, if a team gets it 2-3 seasons in a row and invest wisely I don't see why they can't compete.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu May 12, 2016 5:04 pm

Juventus have won the last 5 while Bayern and PSG the last 4, so that's obviously some serious (and boring, yes) domination, but all these streaks will end some time.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu May 12, 2016 5:33 pm

Ummm Yes.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu May 12, 2016 5:42 pm

Art Morte wrote:Juventus have won the last 5 while Bayern and PSG the last 4, so that's obviously some serious (and boring, yes) domination, but all these streaks will end some time.

The domination is there for sure, but by "PSG style" I meant being able to outspend your opponents so much that an end to the domination doesn't seem possible at this point. Juve outspends Serie A but not by so much that a few shrewd moves couldn't upset the balance.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu May 12, 2016 5:43 pm

I don't know about other leagues but Serie A wouldn't be one of them that's for sure. Agreed that juventus has been ruling it 5 years in row now but that's majorly because other clubs like Milan and Inter have been managed rather badly not because Juve have been splashing the cash. Add it to it teams like Roma and Napoli who with few tweaks can seriously challenge Juve next season. Hope Milan and  Inter also buck up next season so that seria A can become what it used to be, best league in the world.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CM Pep Thu May 12, 2016 6:06 pm

Ligue 1 probably. PSG can dominate like Lyon did all those years.

And Bundi - not sure if Carlo will win the league next year. Even if it does, it'll probably be close. Something about Carlo and leagues.
CM Pep
CM Pep
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu May 12, 2016 7:20 pm

No way we will win the league next season. Dortmund will win it. If you bet on us, you'll lose your money.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri May 13, 2016 5:28 am

If Monaco decide to spend some serious cash maybe Ligue 1 has a chance.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri May 13, 2016 8:04 am

Lord Awesome wrote:If Monaco decide to spend some serious cash maybe Ligue 1 has a chance.

They would have to spend A LOT to make up a 30 point gap in the table.

Dortmund have a better shot.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri May 13, 2016 8:21 am

I wouldn't say so.  Other than this year, PSG clinched ligue 1 the previous 3 years either on the 35th day or later.  Also, they've never broken the 100 points mark and won't do it this year either... so teams play them tougher than Bundi do Bayern or La Liga do Madrid/Barca.  They've never scored 100 league goals in a season either (they might this season).

The only problem Ligue 1 has is that Lyon was concentrating on building its stadium (all privately funded) as opposed to investing in players.  Even with the stadium open now, Aulas still needs to be careful for a few years until the debt comes down.  OM is run like crap although they have money and fans.   Monaco is a bit strange in terms of policy right now.

But these things are temporary.... the real problem is EPL.  All the half decent players in France are being gobbled up for insane salaries at a very young age to boot by EPL teams.  PSG and Lyon are the only two clubs that can resist.  As it stands, Monaco and OM cannot.

So imo, Ligue 1 will become a 2 team race unless something changes and it might at OM. Lyon will be back no doubt. Aulas has a ton of money and the new stadium has exponentially increased their revenue. OM will really depend on the new owner, whoever that is. If it's the Saudi Prince, then yes because of the whole Qatar/Saudi rivalry. If it's a passionate football person, it works too. But if a half broke dude buys the club with a lot of debt, we're doomed lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri May 13, 2016 8:52 am

I thought the Monaco project was fizzling out instead of gathering pace... They should have a fat stack of money from the sales of Martial, Kurzawa, Carrasco and Kondogbia, though, right? Are they going to spend this summer or is the owner just cutting his losses? hmm
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri May 13, 2016 9:02 am

sportsczy wrote:
But these things are temporary.... the real problem is EPL.  All the half decent players in France are being gobbled up for insane salaries at a very young age to boot by EPL teams.  PSG and Lyon are the only two clubs that can resist.  As it stands, Monaco and OM cannot.

This might have peaked, though, based just on the amount of flops PL clubs have bought from Ligue 1. Don't get me wrong, the top performers of Ligue 1 - like Ayew, Payet and Martial - will certainly attract the PL's interest, but the "half decent" players have almost solely flopped in the PL, talking about guys like Riviere, Thauvin, Veretout, Tabanou... I think English clubs will be more wary about buying these "second tier" players from Ligue 1, but who are performing pretty well in France.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri May 13, 2016 9:49 am

Yes.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri May 13, 2016 12:28 pm

To answer the overall question, yes I think there is danger this will happen...if it hasn't already.

As with most things though, the situations can change. I always considered La Liga to be a 2-horse race and I still do, yet in recent years the (true) emergence of Atleti has made it much more interesting from my neutral POV. So things can and often do change.

For Serie A, Roma and Napoli each had their chances at the top so it's not like Juve took the lead early in the season and never looked back, as they have had a penchant for doing in seasons past. They merley took advantage of the frailties of their rivals and remained mentally tougher.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri May 13, 2016 4:12 pm

Art Morte wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

This might have peaked, though, based just on the amount of flops PL clubs have bought from Ligue 1. Don't get me wrong, the top performers of Ligue 1 - like Ayew, Payet and Martial - will certainly attract the PL's interest, but the "half decent" players have almost solely flopped in the PL, talking about guys like Riviere, Thauvin, Veretout, Tabanou... I think English clubs will be more wary about buying these "second tier" players from Ligue 1, but who are performing pretty well in France.

It's actually getting worse.  2-3 years ago, you had 5 EPL team send dedicated scouting teams to Ligue 1...  Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea, City and Newcastle.  Now you have 16.  It's had a trickle effect to big teams in other leagues too because there have been more hits than misses.  Juve has become massively active with their successes in Coman and Lemina.  Same with Sevilla with Gameiro and Krychowiak.  Napoli got Ghoulam and Coulibaly.  Milan got Menez and Niang. Roma got Digne and Pjanic (although Mbiwa failed but that's on Pardew imo).  Barca is now looking hard as they are on Ben Arfa and made a run at Dembele.  Aubamayang's success has made Dortmund active.  Bayern, seeing how Coman turned out, are active as well.  Madrid is about the only big team that are lagging now because they think Zidane can wave a magic wand and get anyone on demand.  Maybe it's true, maybe it's not... i think it's shortsighted.

Also, Ayew, Gomis, etc. were not big players in Ligue 1.  They were decent.  But they were getting older and were looking to cash out so EPL came calling.

For every Tabanou, you have many many more success stories.  The odds are in your favor. if you take the risk.

Heck, PSG has recently been forced to pay a ton for its youth product....  teams were trying to pick them off.  They even had to threaten Juve lol.

The problem with it is that teams have to spend more on keeping their youth players and, thus, have less to spend on senior squad ones.  It's a domino effect.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri May 13, 2016 4:44 pm

Art Morte wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

I don't get your constant skepticism about ligue 1 recruits when in fact it's the european league that exports more talent to the top leagues than any other hmm.

If there is a time when the premier league stops looking for bargains in Ligue 1 , the year Leicester won the title with Mahrez ( Ligue 2 ) and Kante ( Half decent in an average team ) isn't the right one . Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri May 13, 2016 4:50 pm

With Juve and Bayern it's been this way for a while, in Italy it only stopped momentarily because of calciopoli. In France it depends on whether PSG will remain a play thing of the royal family or if it will establish a sustainable business model able to get those huge revenues independently.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri May 13, 2016 5:04 pm

I'm not even that skeptic about Ligue 1, I think France produces a lot of talent. But for whatever reason most players who are doing pretty well in Ligue 1 flop in the Premier League. Mahrez and Kante are exceptional scouting by Leicester, surely they would have gone on to perform stronger in France, too, if they never left.

I don't think PL clubs will be buying as many Ligue 1 players in the next couple of years as they've been in the last few years. It's just my hunch, we'll see.

In be4 we buy Lacazette and Corchia.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by TrezeGent Fri May 13, 2016 5:37 pm

Havent Serie A and Bundesliga always been? Wink

In Serie A Juve has 34 titles and the closest is Milan with 18. Its a 16 title difference ffs. Somebody will eventually end our great run of the past 5 years but we will always be the top dog.

And so will Bayern. 24 titles compared to 5 of Dortmund. They'll eventually lose the streak too but they'll always be the greatest team in Germany. Its all due to tradition.

As for Ligue 1, i doubt it. If the sheiks ever decide to part ways with PSG its probably gonna be an open race. #IwantLyonBack
TrezeGent
TrezeGent
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri May 13, 2016 7:34 pm

They are 32 and Inter have 18 too . Then I know ppl needs to live on parallel realities  ...
ES wrote:http://www.goallegacy.net/t38961-i-see-the-title-dangerously-prepared-for-x-y-z-etc

Nothing to add.
Football is dead and it's became the most boring sport, with the great CL and the FFP to crystallize the situation. Leicester are just a miracle. And anyway it can happen just in England.
Juve won the Scudetto advance 3 matchdays, despite the worst start ever and despite Higuain  got  many records. Fussball agrees on Serie Zzzz  , I must admit it. It will be always worse.
I mean , Juve won in 2nd half of season won ALL the matches except one ... in Serie A .. historically a balanced league.
These' re numbers worthy of a Norwegian league when Rosenberg dominated. Probably Sacchi agreed.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri May 13, 2016 8:01 pm

@Robespierre
Unfortunately I fear that RB Leipzig might make an assault at the Bundesliga title in the very near future. The soda club is heavily funded by Mateschitz after all. "Unfortunately" because on the fan favourite scale of the 36 BL+2nd BL clubs they are Nr.36, just below Bayern ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by TrezeGent Fri May 13, 2016 8:24 pm

Robespierre wrote:They are 32 and Inter have 18 too . Then I know ppl needs to live on parallel realities  ...
ES wrote:http://www.goallegacy.net/t38961-i-see-the-title-dangerously-prepared-for-x-y-z-etc

Nothing to add.
Football is dead and it's became the most boring sport, with the great CL and the FFP to crystallize the situation. Leicester are just a miracle. And anyway it can happen just in England.
Juve won the Scudetto advance 3 matchdays, despite the worst start ever and despite Higuain  got  many records. Fussball agrees on Serie Zzzz  , I must admit it. It will be always worse.
I mean , Juve won in 2nd half of season won ALL the matches except one ... in Serie A .. historically a balanced league.
These' re numbers worthy of a Norwegian league when Rosenberg dominated. Probably Sacchi agreed.

Oh you think so? Can you post all 18 pics showing field title celebrations of Inter? Im not gonna start a Juve vs Inter title count argument here with you, but you cant find all 18 because they don't physically exist. *

And please stop with that Serie Z crap. You never said the same when Inter was winning 4 titles in a row after Calcioppoli. During that time Juve went to hell, with negative $400 million balance and half of the team being midtable quality players, yet we still managed to find a way from hell to create history. What's Inter's excuse from going from a triple title win to fighting for a spot in europa league?

And please, stop with that "Serie A was a historically balanced league". From 1970 to 2006 (calcioppoli), Inter won 3 *bleep* league titles!!! 3! It was all Juve and Milan (And the cases of Roma, Parma, and the 1-2 year wonders - just like La Liga today). So please, dont put Inter on the same category with Milan, they really dont deserve to.

Football is not dead and will never be. Premier League and La Liga title races are as interesting as ever, and so is Champions League. You cant possibly expect title challenges from 4-5 different teams. Football will always be dominated by rich teams, wheres the surprise in that? It's always been this way.

TrezeGent
TrezeGent
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri May 13, 2016 8:33 pm

Bayern spent €80m in one day just this week, no Bundesliga club can compete with that.

It is already a one-horse league.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next