lenear1030
Catracho
Toffer Harley
Babun
Sushi Master
Josefaltafino
14 posters

Go down

Will Ligue 1 overtake Bundesliga? Empty Will Ligue 1 overtake Bundesliga?

Post by Josefaltafino Thu 04 Aug 2011, 23:55

Considering the fact that now in PSG Ligue 1 has the equalivent of Bayern in Bundesliga. Bayern is the only financial powerhouse in german football. But difference is that PSG is much much ricer than Bayern ever will be, and PSG can actually attract big name players, what Bayern can't atm. So i was thinking about the rise of Ligue 1. The reason i am saying overtake Bundesliga is coz there are very similar in terms of clubs now.

Bundesliga have 1 powerhouse, then 2-3 other teams who dependant on Bayern's form can win the league.
- Bayern
then there are the others like Dortmund and Leverkusen, and maybe Schalke.

In Ligue 1 they now have 1 superpower PSG, and then other clubs who are playing catch up, like Lyon, Marseille, Lille and maybe Borduex.

PSG can become a true force in the Champions League, like Bayern and win great points for the Ligue 1. While i know that BUndesliga is currently 3rd in coefficient, it is a matter of time before the italian teams rise again and take the 3rd spot again. Race for the 4th rank will be between Ligue 1 and Bundesliga, coz in Serie A there are 3 powerhouses currently (Milan, Juve, Inter) and possible powerhouse in AC Roma. These clubs will always do well in the Champs League and win it, its no secret. so while germany only has Bayern as hope, PSG is more than hope. They actually have money enough to make a Champions League winning team and believe me they will. and their succes in Europe will lead to the catch up teams like Lyo.n, Lille, Marseille improving eventually and this is where i see the possibilty for Ligue 1 to become bigger than Bundesliga.

Josefaltafino
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Will Ligue 1 overtake Bundesliga? Empty Re: Will Ligue 1 overtake Bundesliga?

Post by Sushi Master Thu 04 Aug 2011, 23:59

Will Ligue 1 overtake Bundesliga? Demotivational-posters-prenatal-facepalm
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri 05 Aug 2011, 00:03

Josefaltafino wrote:Considering the fact that now in PSG Ligue 1 has the equalivent of Bayern in Bundesliga. Bayern is the only financial powerhouse in german football. But difference is that PSG is much much ricer than Bayern ever will be, and PSG can actually attract big name players, what Bayern can't atm. So i was thinking about the rise of Ligue 1. The reason i am saying overtake Bundesliga is coz there are very similar in terms of clubs now.

Bundesliga have 1 powerhouse, then 2-3 other teams who dependant on Bayern's form can win the league.
- Bayern
then there are the others like Dortmund and Leverkusen, and maybe Schalke.

In Ligue 1 they now have 1 superpower PSG, and then other clubs who are playing catch up, like Lyon, Marseille, Lille and maybe Borduex.

PSG can become a true force in the Champions League, like Bayern and win great points for the Ligue 1. While i know that BUndesliga is currently 3rd in coefficient, it is a matter of time before the italian teams rise again and take the 3rd spot again. Race for the 4th rank will be between Ligue 1 and Bundesliga, coz in Serie A there are 3 powerhouses currently (Milan, Juve, Inter) and possible powerhouse in AC Roma. These clubs will always do well in the Champs League and win it, its no secret. so while germany only has Bayern as hope, PSG is more than hope. They actually have money enough to make a Champions League winning team and believe me they will. and their succes in Europe will lead to the catch up teams like Lyo.n, Lille, Marseille improving eventually and this is where i see the possibilty for Ligue 1 to become bigger than Bundesliga.
Meet Bayern or Dortmund in CL in a year Very Happy Last time, Bayern played Lyon in a semifinal of CL. Guess what was the outcome? Their team wasn't too shabby Very Happy
If anything, physical teams don't intimidate Bundesliga teams that much. You may be a lot more succesful against Italians or Spaniards Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri 05 Aug 2011, 00:06

PSG can't turn into a superpower overnight. Much less the whole of Le Ligue suddenly overtaking the Bundesliga. If anything, I'd say they'd need to take over Portugal first.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Fri 05 Aug 2011, 00:13

Will Ligue 1 overtake Bundesliga? Tumblr_lmuypfVu1d1qdrrv6o1_500
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Fri 05 Aug 2011, 00:16

since when did PSG become the superpower of Ligue 1? lol

Thats news to me.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Fri 05 Aug 2011, 00:45

Catracho wrote:since when did PSG become the superpower of Ligue 1? lol

Thats news to me.

im guessing he meant financially. and that was when the arab money came in....
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri 05 Aug 2011, 00:46

Sushi Master wrote:Will Ligue 1 overtake Bundesliga? Demotivational-posters-prenatal-facepalm
is that really the face of a baby?
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri 05 Aug 2011, 00:49

They look weird under ultrasound... but yeah.

You all be careful with that sperm.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri 05 Aug 2011, 00:53

that kid is going to have good cheekbones then.. weird
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by awalezelin Fri 05 Aug 2011, 01:09

no!!!!!

ligue 1 will rule the world.....................
awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Serge Gnabry Fri 05 Aug 2011, 02:04

Who knows?

Fairplay rule means that PSG won't actually be allowed to spent more then Bayern.
Bayern could spend much more, they have the money and in 2 years will have paid the stadium in full, plus huge revue = huge amount to allow to spend under the new rules. They will still never overpay for players, not their philosophy.

Right now many Bundesliga clubs are very conservative but in a few years Stuttgart, Bremen, Schalke will have paid off their stadiums and then there will be Leipzig who will become instantly #2 in Germany once they make the Bundesliga.

Still, with Germany's low TV contracts and no investors and owners, the Bundesliga won't ever be much better than right now, far behind the big leagues.

If they modify the investor and ownership rules, things could change for the better but that's a big IF.
Serge Gnabry
Serge Gnabry
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri 05 Aug 2011, 04:31

This is wayyyyyyy off. If anything, the Bundesliga will overtake all e other leagues. It has the strongest full table of any league. Thats why midtable german teams like Koln can compete with top english teams like Arsenal. If you took a 10th place team from the bundesliga vs a 10th place team from the epl, serie a, or la liga, the bundesliga team would win. And by the way, the Bundesliga has Dortmund, Shalke, Werder, Bayern, Leverkusen, and most of the time, dependingly, Wolfsburg, Stuttgart and Hamburg, who can all battle it out on the top level with pretty much all european powerhouses.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Serge Gnabry Fri 05 Aug 2011, 04:35

You are way off juventus.
Serge Gnabry
Serge Gnabry
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri 05 Aug 2011, 04:39

Josefaltafino wrote:PSG can actually attract big name players, what Bayern can't atm.

lol :lol!:
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 05 Aug 2011, 04:59

A lot of French football growth is dependant of the Stadiums they are building for Euro 2016. Virtually every big cities in France are getting a massive upgrade of their infrastructures, and they are hoping for the same kind of boost in attendance that we saw in Germany. Basically, french football needs to become even more of a social event to get people to spend more on merchandising, going to the games, supporting the clubs however way they can etc...

In terms of competitiveness, It's important to me to have 2 or 3 clubs pulling the league in Europe and showcasing the talent they have. French teams usually do well in UCL, Marseille and Lyon have been somewhat consistent in the past couple of years, eventhough their top objective was the quarters, and above if lucky. And now come PSG, full of ambition, they are going to shoot straight for the gold, without being afraid of looking like fools. There is a transition to be made between pretenders and contenders of course, but within the next 5 or 6 years imo, French football is going to be very very exciting, even more so than today.

Are they going to overtake the bundesliga, It's going to be difficult but the gap between leagues in the future is going to grow even thinner.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2011, 05:04

Yes it will and Stade de Reims will rise up and be a super power : D

Back to top Go down

Post by 23arshavin23 Fri 05 Aug 2011, 06:07

pretty sure Obraniak put them in their place Wink
23arshavin23
23arshavin23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri 05 Aug 2011, 06:21

He has a point. In the Bundesliga practically the only team that matters is Bayern Munich. Ligue 1 can too produce a top CL team and overtake Bundesliga.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri 05 Aug 2011, 06:56

Serge Gnabry wrote:You are way off juventus.

How so?

Germany has the most competitiveleague in the world, as well as the strongest league in the wod throughout the entire table. Thats why a different team wins the bundesliga eacb year, whether its bayern, dortmund, wolfsburg, hamburg, stuttgart, werder, shalke, etc and its also why midtable german teams like Koln (although we are moving our way back up to the top of the bundesliga I feel) can compete with top english teams like Arsenal.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Serge Gnabry Fri 05 Aug 2011, 07:04

How do you come to the absurd conclusion that Cologne can compete with Arsenal? (and please results of test-games don't count, lol)

You also wrote "the Bundesliga will overtake all other leagues".

How????

Yes, it's a healthy, competitive league but that's all. It will never be rich, will never be able to afford big money and get the biggest players because of missing tv-contracts, cheap tickets and the fact that nobody can buy Bundesliga clubs.

It will always be behind Spain and England and the big Italian clubs are also much bigger.

I'm okay with that and the vast majority of Germans as well, we're not going to sacrifice our beautiful league for more CL-success or international attention.
Serge Gnabry
Serge Gnabry
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri 05 Aug 2011, 07:16

I said the bundesliga will overtake the other leagues? I dont remember saying that. All i meant was that the Bundesliva is closer to overtaking the other leagues than ligue 1 is to overtaking the bundesliga. And I stick by that. I know that the bundesliga doesnt have as much money as the other leagues, but that dpesnt make it worse it any way. And you think the bottomand midtable spanish and english teams are as good as the german ones? HELL NO. And on the Koln topic, remember that Kolnplays like a big team against big teams, they always take it up a notch against the big teams, and beating Arsenal is not out of their limits. They regularly give Bayern, Dortmund, Leverkusen, Shalke, etc real fights and even alot more often than youd expect.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum