Nishankly
Hapless_Hans
Art Morte
RedOranje
McAgger
23 posters

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2016 || Klopp Loses His Virginity - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2016 || Klopp Loses His Virginity

Post by Unique Sat May 14, 2016 2:26 pm

Lucifer wrote:
Unique wrote:if we don't get a new left back and keeper I will be pissed off tbh. I really really dislike Moreno. the guy cant defend for shit. and he don't do much going forward either. no team in history has ever been successful without a top class keeper and mig is far from that. I think we should go all out to get gotze. world class talent when on form and will fit right in with klopps style of play as he has been there and done it with him.

...........Sturridge......
coutinho..firmino...gotze

players I would love to get but are probs unrealistic. Ricardo Rodriguez. Miralem Pjanic. ter Stegen. kante.

Agreed but problem is there are not many promising LB in market ATM. Even the the so called big teams have found it difficult to find decent one. Look at Barca, Alba has been nothing short of disaster this season yet we might have to keep playing him next season. Pjanic has recently said he is open to new offers so there wouldn't be much problem if other big clubs don't snatch him. Regarding Ter Stegen, HANDS OFF BUDDY.
Laughing Laughing

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2016 || Klopp Loses His Virginity - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2016 || Klopp Loses His Virginity

Post by Unique Sat May 14, 2016 2:30 pm

Lucifer wrote:Read about Volland move. Can anybody confirm it?
I read about us interested in volland but I doubt there is any truth in it. is he any better than what we already have. I think he has about 8 goals this season. benteke has more than that.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat May 14, 2016 3:03 pm

Over all comps this season Moreno has 1 goal and 5 assists. Granted, goals and assists are the most rudimentary form of offensive evaluation, and a fair amount more goes into assessing a player's contribution. Even so, I'd take 1 goal and 5 assists from a traditionally defensive position is not a bad offensive return.  

I also think his supposed defensive frailties are greatly exaggerated. Moreno is often caught "out of position", as he is doing what Klopp is asking him to do: provide an overlap on the left side. The wonderful thing about Moreno is that he often has the recovery pace to track down the opposing player regardless of his positioning. Moreover, once he gets there, he's more than capable of making the sort of last ditch tackle for which many on this board have heaped praise on Skrtel for years.

Sure, he's far from perfect. But, the shtick he gets from some segments of supporters seems unnecessary. Our targets seem to suggest that Klopp agrees, as we appear to be tracking back-ups and younger players rather than starters. Personally, I'd look into Jordan Amavi from Villa. With them being relegated, he's likely to be available for a decent price, and I think he has the potential to be far better than Villa's defense allowed him to be last season.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat May 14, 2016 3:24 pm

donttreadonred wrote:Over all comps this season Moreno has 1 goal and 5 assists. Granted, goals and assists are the most rudimentary form of offensive evaluation, and a fair amount more goes into assessing a player's contribution. Even so, I'd take 1 goal and 5 assists from a traditionally defensive position is not a bad offensive return.  

I also think his supposed defensive frailties are greatly exaggerated. Moreno is often caught "out of position", as he is doing what Klopp is asking him to do: provide an overlap on the left side. The wonderful thing about Moreno is that he often has the recovery pace to track down the opposing player regardless of his positioning. Moreover, once he gets there, he's more than capable of making the sort of last ditch tackle for which many on this board have heaped praise on Skrtel for years.

Sure, he's far from perfect. But, the shtick he gets from some segments of supporters seems unnecessary. Our targets seem to suggest that Klopp agrees, as we appear to be tracking back-ups and younger players rather than starters. Personally, I'd look into Jordan Amavi from Villa. With them being relegated, he's likely to be available for a decent price, and I think he has the potential to be far better than Villa's defense allowed him to be last season.
Moreno puts in about 10-12 crosses per game how many of them are any good. and klopp also asks clyne to get forward yet he is not even close to Moreno when it comes to bad defending. tbh the guy makes so many simple mistakes it is unreal. he dives in time and time again when he needs to stand up and defend. he watches people make runs and don't react in time. he gets wrong side of people when he does track back. the list of basic stuff he messes up just goes on and on. he heads the ball into mf without getting any distance on it so turns over the 2nd ball ( he is not the only one that does that but its just another thing he does wrong ) I could go on all day. it makes my eyes bleed to watch him and as a former full back his mistakes stand out even more to me.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon May 16, 2016 2:56 pm

Oh look.

You're about to sign a new goalkeeper.

kicker claims Mainz's Loris Karius has agreed terms with Liverpool (he's available for a fixed 10m € release fee) and will become Liverpool's new no. 1 from summer.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/vereine/2015-16/1/tm-news--12630-8760-.html

Fantastic GK talent. Good signing.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 16, 2016 3:05 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Oh look.

You're about to sign a new goalkeeper.

kicker claims Mainz's Loris Karius has agreed terms with Liverpool (he's available for a fixed 10m € release fee) and will become Liverpool's new no. 1 from summer.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/vereine/2015-16/1/tm-news--12630-8760-.html

Fantastic GK talent. Good signing.
hans you are my new best buddy. you always bring me good news. Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon May 16, 2016 3:36 pm

I guess I should post this from the GenSec here, too:

Loris Karius is just 22, and he's been Mainz' Nr.1 since 2013. This season he was considered one of the top keepers in the Bundesliga, performance-wise.

He will probably have no big problems to adjust to English football as he belonged to ManCity's youth teams from 2009 to 2012 from where he went to Mainz. (A bit similar to Ron-Robert Zieler who was educated at ManUtd's academy, but went to Hannover from there due to lack of chances to impress.)

From what I understand he doesn't qualify as homegrown in English terms, though.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon May 16, 2016 3:51 pm

No, he'd need to have been registered at City for 36 months I think.
He was only there for 2 and a half seasons.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon May 16, 2016 6:49 pm

Yeah, he was loaned out to Mainz in between, it seems.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon May 16, 2016 7:14 pm

I honestly wanted Timo Horn more than Karius. I guess he'll compete with Mignolet. I don't know if he's that much of an improvement on Migs (whom I don't rate very high).
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 16, 2016 7:36 pm

Don't call me James wrote:I honestly wanted Timo Horn more than Karius. I guess he'll compete with Mignolet. I don't know if he's that much of an improvement on Migs (whom I don't rate very high).
now I'm depressed again Sad
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon May 16, 2016 8:13 pm

Actually Loris Karius was even a bit better than Timo Horn this season, but all in all their performace level is pretty much alike. The German goalkeeper talents are usually very well educated in all areas, and they just have the problem that we have so many good goalies here and getting past Manuel Neuer is currently almost impossible. And other than Manuel Neuer we have Marc-André ter Stegen, Kevin Trapp, Ron-Robert Zieler, Bernd Leno, Ralf Fährmann, too.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 16, 2016 8:21 pm

rwo power wrote:Actually Loris Karius was even a bit better than Timo Horn this season, but all in all their performace level is pretty much alike. The German goalkeeper talents are usually very well educated in all areas, and they just have the problem that we have so many good goalies here and getting past Manuel Neuer is currently almost impossible. And other than Manuel Neuer we have Marc-André ter Stegen, Kevin Trapp, Ron-Robert Zieler, Bernd Leno, Ralf Fährmann, too.
show off eco smile eco smile
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon May 16, 2016 9:54 pm

Well, the Swiss goalkeeper talent is pretty outstanding, too Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon May 16, 2016 11:32 pm

Nothing particularly new here, just confirmation of the reports RWO and Hapless have already posted (this time from the Echo):

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-swoop-former-man-city-11341802

It does note that Ward still has a future at the club, but may be sent out on loan again next year (keep in mind he's the same age as Karius).
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 16, 2016 11:35 pm

RedOranje wrote:Nothing particularly new here, just confirmation of the reports RWO and Hapless have already posted (this time from the Echo):

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-swoop-former-man-city-11341802

It does note that Ward still has a future at the club, but may be sent out on loan again next year (keep in mind he's the same age as Karius).
htg. a top class keeper will improve us so much. ming makes some top class saves in games but he always seems to make silly mistakes. and he is the worst kicker ive ever seen.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue May 17, 2016 12:02 am

You realize that, in all likelihood, Mignolet will likely begin next season as our starter, at the very least, right? It's extremely unlikely that a 22yo will come in and immediately displace him. I'd hazard a guess that if Karius is signed, he'll probably be played in cup matches next season while Mignolet retains the number 1 spot for PL and (knock on wood) European games.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue May 17, 2016 12:12 am

RedOranje wrote:You realize that, in all likelihood, Mignolet will likely begin next season as our starter, at the very least, right? It's extremely unlikely that a 22yo will come in and immediately displace him. I'd hazard a guess that if Karius is signed, he'll probably be played in cup matches next season while Mignolet retains the number 1 spot for PL and (knock on wood) European games.
do you think Liverpool will ever challenge long term for anything with ming in goal. do you think he is a good keeper.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue May 17, 2016 1:01 am

Don't call me James wrote: I don't know if he's that much of an improvement on Migs (whom I don't rate very high).

Tbh the things you don't know can fill up oceans :coffee:

But of course, any GK, however talented, has to prove he can deliver continually and with little as possible mistakes.
Karius has shown that so far without a doubt, whether he can replicate it at another club, in a more demanding environment, with fans with such moronically and manic-depressively high expectations as Liverpool's, is another matter.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue May 17, 2016 1:20 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Don't call me James wrote: I don't know if he's that much of an improvement on Migs (whom I don't rate very high).

Tbh the things you don't know can fill up oceans :coffee:

But of course, any GK, however talented, has to prove he can deliver continually and with little as possible mistakes.
Karius has shown that so far without a doubt, whether he can replicate it at another club, in a more demanding environment, with fans with such moronically and manic-depressively high expectations as Liverpool's, is another matter.
how would you feel if you had ming in goal.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue May 17, 2016 4:01 am

RedOranje wrote:You realize that, in all likelihood, Mignolet will likely begin next season as our starter, at the very least, right?  It's extremely unlikely that a 22yo will come in and immediately displace him.
Well, you have Jürgen Klopp at the helm now who is familiar with the class of even young German goalies. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue May 17, 2016 4:29 am

Which is no doubt why we're apparently moving for one. But that doesn't mean that he's going to throw everything he's already said and done, as well as basic footballing logic, out the window for said 22-year old kid.

Look, I'm not claiming that Klopp intends to sit Karius on the bench for the next 5 years behind Mignolet, but in all likelihood he's not going to just throw him into the team as the starter for reasons already pointed out by Hapless and others.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue May 17, 2016 5:10 am

I disagree. I'm quite 100% certain if Karius comes in he will be thrown in to the starting line up right away.

Mignolet will be away at Euros which means longer rest and missing some preseason while Karius will have a full preseason. Klopp will have ample time to be comfortable to start him by the start of the season.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue May 17, 2016 10:06 am

RedOranje wrote:Which is no doubt why we're apparently moving for one.  But that doesn't mean that he's going to throw everything he's already said and done, as well as basic footballing logic, out the window for said 22-year old kid.  

Look, I'm not claiming that Klopp intends to sit Karius on the bench for the next 5 years behind Mignolet, but in all likelihood he's not going to just throw him into the team as the starter for reasons already pointed out by Hapless and others.

Dont agree with this. Klopp started two teenage defenders in CB when he started at Dortmund .He has already preferred a so called kid Origi over Sturridge and Benteke for us.

So cant see the logic for saying Karius wont be starting becoz he is 22 year old kid .If he is good enough and better than Mignolet (which is why we signing him in the first place) he will start regardless of age.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue May 17, 2016 10:08 am

rwo power wrote:
RedOranje wrote:You realize that, in all likelihood, Mignolet will likely begin next season as our starter, at the very least, right?  It's extremely unlikely that a 22yo will come in and immediately displace him.
Well, you have Jürgen Klopp at the helm now who is familiar with the class of even young German goalies. ^^

How good is he when it is to claiming high crosses and dealing with set piece deliveries. That is one area Mignolet has really struggled badly
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue May 17, 2016 11:26 am

Well, I can't remember that he has real weaknesses there. His main weakness is probably his passing, but when it comes to reflexes and 1vs1 situations, he is really good.

And the last two seasons, he held 6 of 12 penalties that were shot against him. I think I remember that in the Mainz forum there was a saying "Chuck Loris saves penalties even in the dark" XD
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next