jibers
Uncanny
Vibe
Abramovich
Shed
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Chelsea elect TO offer Terry contract extension - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea elect TO offer Terry contract extension

Post by Kick Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:25 am

He's much better than Naismith ffs.

To add to that RB list, Dani Carvajal, Clyne, De Marcos, Fabinho, or perhaps Cedric from Soton?

Anyway, that team could get on without Terry, imo.

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Chelsea elect TO offer Terry contract extension - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea elect TO offer Terry contract extension

Post by Shed Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:27 am

This time I'm certain Clyne moved to Liverpool -.-

Unless you meant that's who we should get him from Laughing
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:09 am

I mean get him from Liverpool.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:20 am

Mirror wrote:John Terry could still be offered a new deal at the end of the season, according to Chelsea.

The Blues skipper, whose current deal expires at the end of June, told reporters on Sunday that he would leave the club in the summer because they would not be given a new deal.

He said: “I knew before the Arsenal game so mentally I’ve kind of accepted it. We just have to move on.

“It’s not going to be a fairytale ending, I’m not going to retire at Chelsea. It’s going to be elsewhere which it took me a couple of days to get over.”

But a statement released by the club has contradicted the 35-year-old’s claim. They say nothing is decided yet and he could yet earn a contract extension.

The statement read: “He is a fantastic servant of Chelsea Football Club and a superb captain and, as such, the club will keep the channels of dialogue open.”

It continues: “While no new deal currently on the table, that situation could change in the coming months.”

hmm
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:59 am

Dick is right, Ivanovic should be moved to CB, his age is starting to show too much in the full-back position. As for Terry, it's better to get a younger CB in than hope you can squeeze another OK year out of a 35-year-old player.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:49 am

Art Morte wrote:Dick is right, Ivanovic should be moved to CB, his age is starting to show too much in the full-back position. As for Terry, it's better to get a younger CB in than hope you can squeeze another OK year out of a 35-year-old player.

Dick???? Something on your mind, mate Wink

Terry is more than OK, tbh.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:34 am

Why remove my post Dick
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:59 am

This season is horseshit, just bring back fat Spanish waiter Benitez and be done with it
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:47 pm

Vibe wrote:Why remove my post Dick
Because I said enough, and I mean it. Calling me Dick doesn't help your cause either.
fatman123 wrote:This season is horseshit, just bring back fat Spanish waiter Benitez and be done with it
Honestly thought this was CBarca and was preparing to tell him to GTFO, then I realised it was Fitty, and I'm still telling you to GTFO.

Hiddink > FSW.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:11 am

Duncan Castles is saying that the decision to not extend Terry was made before Jose left and the reason we were chasing Stones is because Jose believed Terry was done and didn't like Cahill's tactical awareness.

http://www.oneworldsports.com/stories/john-terrys-chelsea-future-decided-long-ago

Sounds like he is gone, if Castles is correct.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu May 12, 2016 9:56 pm

Chelsea elect TO offer Terry contract extension - Page 2 HE9JhvK

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri May 13, 2016 2:55 am

Proud

I will ecstatic if it happens!

Get rid of Bran and Baba, bring in a CB and a FB and we're set in defence Thumbs up
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri May 13, 2016 2:57 am

IF it happens. Which itself is contingent on IF Castles is correct in the first place and not just spouting bollocks.

That said, if it is (correct), and the club eventually do defer to his wishes, I'd be thrilled as well.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri May 13, 2016 3:02 am

True.

But was the supposed meeting between Chelsea and Terry last night?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri May 13, 2016 3:03 am

Meeting? scratch
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri May 13, 2016 3:04 am

To add to this:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/669855/John-terry-Chelsea-transfer-contract-Antonio-Conte-Premier-League-news-gossip-rumours
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri May 13, 2016 3:05 am

Shed wrote:Meeting? scratch

Yeah, the media were suggesting that they were due to meet and work out whether Terry would stay or not.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri May 13, 2016 3:10 am

Kick wrote:To add to this:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/669855/John-terry-Chelsea-transfer-contract-Antonio-Conte-Premier-League-news-gossip-rumours

Interesting

Kick wrote:
Shed wrote:Meeting? scratch

Yeah, the media were suggesting that they were due to meet and work out whether Terry would stay or not.

Hmm, hadn't seen that till now.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri May 13, 2016 3:12 am

So the narrative of Castle's tweet fits.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri May 13, 2016 2:52 pm

Newsflash: Terry considering contract offer:
It has been announced in Guus Hiddink's press conference that John Terry has been offered a one-year contract extension
http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2016/05/newsflash--terry-considering-contract-offer.html

Proud Proud Proud Proud Proud

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat May 14, 2016 2:27 am

John Terry wrote:"Thanks to everyone for the kind wishes. The contract extension the club has offered me is a different role and I hope everyone will understand I want to take the time to consider it carefully before making a decision."
https://www.instagram.com/p/BFW2_VLigxC/

Well, I don't know what we offerred, but it obviously isn't what JT expected.

I can still see him leaving, unless someone convinces him to stay.

I suppose thats the issue with telling him he was leaving 5 months ago, he's spent the last 5 months deciding what he wants to do, and now we've thrown him a curve ball.

Atleast we'll know soon.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat May 14, 2016 2:32 am

Club's played a blinder here imo. They leave it till late and offer him a "different role" and most probably reduced wages, which means if he accepts, they get what likely was their goal anyway (his prominence at the club and our reliance on him both being reduced, one way or another), and if he rejects it, his departure will have been his decision and his doing. Shrewd.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat May 14, 2016 2:41 am

Shed wrote:Club's played a blinder here imo. They leave it till late and offer him a "different role" and most probably reduced wages, which means if he accepts, they get what likely was their goal anyway (his prominence at the club and our reliance on him both being reduced, one way or another), and if he rejects it, his departure will have been his decision and his doing. Shrewd.

I agree, Although, the different role could be 4th choice CB and a mentor role ala what Drogba was offerred.

Terry still feels he has something to contribute, week in, week out, so perhaps reduced playing time, not wages are what is holding him back.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat May 14, 2016 2:50 am

Oh I'm sure it is something comparable to what Drogba's was on his brief return. But the club takes very little hit having JT on the bench 8 or 9 games out of 10 and paying him less to boot. Especially with his being a seasoned veteran with leadership abilities and 20 years of history at the club. If he accepts this deal it'll be effectively no skin off their ass; and if he doesn't, it saves them from fan backlash and absolves them from blame for his departure. Very well played, to their credit.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon May 16, 2016 2:31 am

Duncan Castles is now reporting that JT is intending on staying at Chelsea Proud
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon May 16, 2016 2:36 am

Proud
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next