beatrixasdfghjk.
The Verminator
Highburied
Wilson37
Art Morte
MJ
12 posters

Go down

RVP refuses to discuss contract extension Empty RVP refuses to discuss contract extension

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:38 am

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves2011/20110926_104306_van-persie-ne-prolonge-pas.html

Quotes from both RVP and Wenger.

Interesting quote from Wenger: "It is true that we met with RVP over the summer and it's normal that he had numerous questions about the departures of Nasri and Cesc. But I don't think we're going to lose him."

Never a good thing when a star player refuses point blank to talk to the club about an extension when he enters the last year of his contract next summer.

Back to top Go down

RVP refuses to discuss contract extension Empty Re: RVP refuses to discuss contract extension

Post by MJ Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:05 pm

I was surprised when I read it, but I think it's less of a "I don't want to play here anymore" and more of a "Let's focus on actually winning and not stress ourselves out on a contract talk when we could be doing that later under less dire circumstances"
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

RVP refuses to discuss contract extension Empty Re: RVP refuses to discuss contract extension

Post by Art Morte Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:23 pm

I believe he will sign a new contract sooner than later, but this also isn't such a bad situation for Arsenal; Van Persie is 28 with two years left in his current contract, so even if he leaves for free when he is 30, Arsenal won't be losing a player in his prime.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:24 pm

Must be another fake article...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:35 pm

Wilson37 wrote:Must be another fake article...

When both Wenger and RVP are directly quoted... i doubt it. No big deal for now. But i hate the Arsenal wait until the last possible second to take care of the stars. it's asking for trouble and drama.

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:37 pm

I wont be surprised.

Its not that players refuse to sign but the board offers laughable offers so they reject it and give them a reason to sell.

RVP in todays wages should get at least 130K a week, plus bonuses if he stays fit.

Im afraid, the board didnt stop at Nasri and Fabregas.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:19 am

I feel like there might be a discrepancy in contract length between RVP and the board.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:14 am

F*** i'll be so upset if he leaves. Sad Him and Rosicky are my favourite players.
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:46 am

The Verminator wrote:F*** i'll be so upset if he leaves. Sad Him and Rosicky are my favourite players.
We'll have a crying 'party' together Sad

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:16 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:
The Verminator wrote:F*** i'll be so upset if he leaves. Sad Him and Rosicky are my favourite players.
We'll have a crying 'party' together Sad
banana banana banana Sad
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:18 pm

RVP would be 30 years old by the time his contract expires and I dont see Arsenal giving him the contract he wants. So going to Man city could be true. I would take 30 million for him Sad .
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:21 pm

And Arsene generally only gives one year contracts to over thirties :3

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:27 pm

Tell me that hug didn't mean anything to you

You don't leave a club after a hug like that.

RVP refuses to discuss contract extension 1241305496-16022011222423

MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:38 pm

MJGunner wrote:
Tell me that hug didn't mean anything to you

You don't leave a club after a hug like that.

RVP refuses to discuss contract extension 1241305496-16022011222423

Sad Sad
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:34 pm

He won't leave.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by getdarker Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:37 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:And Arsene generally only gives one year contracts to over thirties :3

but its rvp , hes special ,and rvp has too much respect to go to man city i think, maybe hell go back to holland
getdarker
getdarker
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:41 pm

RVP should and will go to a team that will pay him his market price and give him a chance for trophies. It will all depend if Arsenal will be competing for trophies or not when the time comes... Henry left for trophies and we were all fine with it; why feel differently for RVP?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:30 pm

sportsczy wrote:RVP should and will go to a team that will pay him his market price and give him a chance for trophies. It will all depend if Arsenal will be competing for trophies or not when the time comes... Henry left for trophies and we were all fine with it; why feel differently for RVP?

Yeah?! He wanted a change after 9 years here!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:38 pm

srigooner wrote:
sportsczy wrote:RVP should and will go to a team that will pay him his market price and give him a chance for trophies. It will all depend if Arsenal will be competing for trophies or not when the time comes... Henry left for trophies and we were all fine with it; why feel differently for RVP?

Yeah?! He wanted a change after 9 years here!

Yeah he had already won every trophy in England and had done so much for us. If RVP left now he would be leaving us in shambles. Not the case with Henry.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nehpets Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:18 pm

I think hes putting it off so he can focus on playing and performing well however i also thought that about Nasri.

Nehpets
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:19 pm

Sportsczy , you know your one of my favorite posters but this is one of the dumbest statements I'v ever seen you post
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:20 pm

Why is it dumb? He'll be 30 when his contract is up at Arsenal. RVP probably has 2 years tops of elite football left in him at that point (may not have any honestly). I personally would have no problem if he wanted to go somewhere to win a trophy if Arsenal were struggling.

I have a much, much, much bigger problem with Cesc. Not only was he adamant about leaving... he only wanted to go to Barca regardless of price. Arsenal got hosed there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:29 am

Whats this about lot of British papers suggesting Man Citeh want to move for RvP to replace Tevez?

WHAT THE FRAK. DO WE LOOK LIKE A FAAKING TRAINING GROUND FOR THOSE RICH MOFOS. I AM SO PISSED. EARLIER WE WERE JUST THE SCOUTING PEOPLE WHO WOULD FIND GOOD TALENT AND THEN OTHERS WOULD HIJACK THAT WITH BETTER DEALS; AND NOW WE ARE WHAT, A FAAKING FEEDER CLUB FOR MONEY RICH FAAKS?

/rant

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down